Open 512: See Nine Plus Plus (Game Ovah)

oriole
oriole
Goon
oriole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:23 am

Post by oriole »

In post 71, CherryDrPepper wrote: I like oriole, but Im having trouble seeing whats wrong with that Titus post.
Post came off as unnecessarily antagonistic from Titus.
Oriole and Oreo, they look similar. I'll probably respond to both.
Flench
Flench
Goon
Flench
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:27 am

Post by Flench »

In post 69, CherryDrPepper wrote:Link did not post properly
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 0#p4976509
Flech's "worst town posts so far" when describing Saki bothers me. You think he's town, thn you vote?
I meant that his posts have so far not been productive for the town, not that he is town and making bad posts.

Glass has voted twice for people recently voted on, bandwagon style.

Leaving my vote with Saki until he defends himself or becomes productive in some way.
Vote Me
Vote Me
Townie
Vote Me
Townie
Townie

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:58 am

Post by Vote Me »

In post 33, CherryDrPepper wrote:Wait... how didn't i notice this earlier
In post 28, Varsoon wrote:@Flench: Get an avatar. Also, it's still pretty RVS, so
my top scum-pick would only be myself
? I don't know, man.
Why would you have yourself as your top scum-pick? i'd understand you having yourself as your only town read (lol at reading yourself) but why are you calling yourself scum?
This post seems to me like an attempt to get suspicion on an easy mislynch target VOTE: Cherry
Also if you could sign your posts, that would be great.

Town Varsoon is town.
In post 62, oriole wrote:
In post 58, Titus wrote:He's thinking, oh crap, I'm caught, better unvote. Pushing for a policy lynch this early would be problematic if confirmed town caught him. Of course, I am speculating here.
Do you think policy lynches are scummy, then?
Could you explain?
In post 71, CherryDrPepper wrote: I like oriole, but Im having trouble seeing whats wrong with that Titus post.
Yah this
i dare you
i double dare you, motherfucker
oriole
oriole
Goon
oriole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:08 am

Post by oriole »

In post 77, Vote Me wrote:
In post 62, oriole wrote:
In post 58, Titus wrote:He's thinking, oh crap, I'm caught, better unvote. Pushing for a policy lynch this early would be problematic if confirmed town caught him. Of course, I am speculating here.
Do you think policy lynches are scummy, then?
Could you explain?
Am I explaining the question I asked Titus or why I voted him?
Vote Me
Vote Me
Townie
Vote Me
Townie
Townie

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:33 am

Post by Vote Me »

I'm asking about the question, because policy lynches are inherently scummy, aren't they? Especially this early?
If this is the post in question, how is it antagonistic?
In post 64, Glass wrote:VOTE: Titus
Are you voting because of the response to 59?
In post 55, Glass wrote:Titus and Pasch:
Do you think that Saki was being serious when he was pushing for a policy lynch?
To me, this post clashes with 59
i dare you
i double dare you, motherfucker
jmo16mla
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:35 am

Post by jmo16mla »

VOTE: glass
town: 15:13 Scum 4:4
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:36 am

Post by Varsoon »

@Titus: I had a game with Pasche where he played very pro-town, but I was paranoid that he was rolling a really convincing ruse. I replaced out of that game, though, so I didn't get to see what his alignment is. In this game, I feel I can fully trust his judgments without worrying--something that is good, given how well Pasche plays town.

Anyway, as far as the current game-state goes, it feels like the tension between Saki, Titus, and Cherry is scum-involved. I'm not used to seeing town vs town crossvote so early, so I'm pretty convinced there's a bad apple there. The only problem is that I can't deduce much with the info given. I'm willing to say that Titus is the scum, though. He's been making really careful plays and working hard to look town, but it feels a bit artificial--like he's trying to earn towncred way too early with the questions posed so far. /shrug. Glass is soundly town so far and Cherry is iffy for me. Was reading the slot as town but seems scummier as of recent.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:37 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 80, jmo16mla wrote:VOTE: glass

It'd be nice if you could explain your vote rather than hoping on a wagon with a naked vote.

VOTE: Jmo16mla

Explain your vote.
Flench
Flench
Goon
Flench
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:52 am

Post by Flench »

Why is Glass soundly town?

Other than your friendly side convo earlier about unrelated things.
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:52 am

Post by Does Bo Know »

Votecount 1.2

[L-4] Saki - Flench, Paschendale, CherryDrPepper
[L-5] Titus - oriole, Glass
[L-5] Glass - Titus, jmo16mla
[L-6] Flench - StubbsKVM
[L-6] CherryDrPepper - Vote Me
[L-6] jmo16mla - Varsoon

Not Voting: TunnelVision, Dyslexicon, Saki

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch!

Deadline is Friday, August 2nd, 2013 at 7:30 PM CST ((expired on 2013-08-02 19:30:00)).

---

Everyone has confirmed!
Last edited by Does Bo Know on Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Town: 11-12; Scum: 10-4; Third-party 1-0
jmo16mla
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:26 am

Post by jmo16mla »

In post 82, Varsoon wrote:
In post 80, jmo16mla wrote:VOTE: glass

It'd be nice if you could explain your vote rather than hoping on a wagon with a naked vote.

VOTE: Jmo16mla

Explain your vote.
Wagon? He/she had one vote.
Dyslexicon
Dyslexicon
Goon
Dyslexicon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:28 am

Post by Dyslexicon »

In post 8, Glass wrote:VOTE: Dyslexicon

I have no reason to believe this guy is town.
Aw, I'm too late to OMGUS this =/
In post 39, Flench wrote:Leaving my vote with Saki because worst town posts so far.
Ironically I think Saki's chaotic style is creating discussion and this generally serves town.
In post 48, Paschendale wrote:I like Flench for town.
Explanation for this?

Saki, has some rather chaotic/trolling posts, and gathered some votes for this. Somehow I don't think scum would be this out there from the start, but other than this I don't find it easy to read alignment in his posts.

Titus, seems overly cautious. I don't like that he forwards Saki being scummy, but also seems afraid that people will be convinced and the wagon growing. Also, I don't get how one can take the push for lynching all hydras seriously, I highly doubt it's going to be a popular idea any time soon.
Would you say you are a conservative voter?

VOTE: Titus
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:31 am

Post by Varsoon »

A small wagon's still a wagon. Explain your vote.

@Flench: The reasoning behind his votes and how cynical his voting methods are (based on his own logic rather than other's//doesn't vote opportunistically) come off as town. Clearly, this doesn't make the slot absolutely town, but it's a nod in that direction.

@Dyslexicon: Your points are the reason why I should probably have my vote on Titus. Still, I'd much rather pressure out JMO for this shit. I don't see why no one else thinks it's important. Dude just left a vote and it would've coasted easily.
oriole
oriole
Goon
oriole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:42 am

Post by oriole »

In post 79, Vote Me wrote:I'm asking about the question, because policy lynches are inherently scummy, aren't they? Especially this early?
I think this is up for debate, really.
In post 79, Vote Me wrote:
If this is the post in question, how is it antagonistic?
It wasn't that post, it was this one :down:
In post 61, Titus wrote:
In post 59, Glass wrote:So why aren't you voting Saki?
I am not certain if he's scum. I am concerned if I jump on, more people might and the bandwagon might reach the point of no return. There are already a few people voting Saki. If I was certain Saki was scum, I'd vote him without caring if he might eventually wind up lynched. However, I'm not. If there wasn't already a train on Saki, I'd vote him to see what happened.

So, do you care to share this history with the rest of the class Varsoon?
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:50 am

Post by Titus »

In post 86, Dyslexicon wrote:
In post 8, Glass wrote:VOTE: Dyslexicon

I have no reason to believe this guy is town.
Aw, I'm too late to OMGUS this =/
In post 39, Flench wrote:Leaving my vote with Saki because worst town posts so far.
Ironically I think Saki's chaotic style is creating discussion and this generally serves town.
In post 48, Paschendale wrote:I like Flench for town.
Explanation for this?

Saki, has some rather chaotic/trolling posts, and gathered some votes for this. Somehow I don't think scum would be this out there from the start, but other than this I don't find it easy to read alignment in his posts.

Titus, seems overly cautious. I don't like that he forwards Saki being scummy, but also seems afraid that people will be convinced and the wagon growing. Also, I don't get how one can take the push for lynching all hydras seriously, I highly doubt it's going to be a popular idea any time soon.
Would you say you are a conservative voter?

VOTE: Titus
I am a conservative voter, but an aggressive pressurer and questioner. I wasn't pushing for a hydra lynch, as you properly saw. I just said I have no idea how to read hydras so they'll get extra attention from me. When I do vote someone, I want it to be clear why I'm voting that particular person with a logic that is clearly understood. I do agree with you that JMO needs to be pressured. I hate naked voting as it leaves little to analyze.
Paschendale
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:51 am

Post by Paschendale »

I've played with Titus before and his style is a little weird. He seems more town this time. He tends to overthink and post those overthoughts and they don't always make much sense. Last time he was more antagonistic.

Oriole has me on the fence right now. His posts don't really seem to advance the discussion very much. He votes and has a few questions, but he's not reaching any conclusions. It's too early to justify a vote, but it does warrant some suspicion.

I don't really like Dyslex jumping on Titus, either. Really, I don't like any of the votes on Titus.

Tunnelvision hasn't even posted yet, huh?
Dyslexicon
Dyslexicon
Goon
Dyslexicon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:53 am

Post by Dyslexicon »

In post 87, Varsoon wrote:@Dyslexicon: Your points are the reason why I should probably have my vote on Titus. Still, I'd much rather pressure out JMO for this shit. I don't see why no one else thinks it's important. Dude just left a vote and it would've coasted easily.
For me some of the earlier stuff was what stood out the most. Why do you say no one else think it's important though?
In post 89, Titus wrote:I am a conservative voter, but an aggressive pressurer and questioner. I wasn't pushing for a hydra lynch, as you properly saw. I just said I have no idea how to read hydras so they'll get extra attention from me. When I do vote someone, I want it to be clear why I'm voting that particular person with a logic that is clearly understood. I do agree with you that JMO needs to be pressured. I hate naked voting as it leaves little to analyze.
What I meant was that I don't see how Saki's push for lynching hydras would be taken seriously as it hardly would get any support. Seemed like trolling to me at least. Also, I was not the one to put forward JMO's vote, that was Varsoon.
In post 90, Paschendale wrote:I've played with Titus before and his style is a little weird. He seems more town this time. He tends to overthink and post those overthoughts and they don't always make much sense. Last time he was more antagonistic.
The overthoughts bothers me, but it's good to know if it's part of his regular way of posting. Have you played with him as both scum and town?
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:59 am

Post by Titus »

I do not believe in overthought/overanalysis, only good or bad analysis.

As for my meta look at newbie 1372 (town) and 1380 (ongoing but it's the only game where I've flipped scum on this site; i subbed in towatds the end of day 1). The bulk of my meta is at sc2mafia.com. The setup there is a bit different (24 hour days, more PRs), but that is where I have played the most.
Flench
Flench
Goon
Flench
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:08 pm

Post by Flench »

In post 87, Varsoon wrote:A small wagon's still a wagon. Explain your vote.

@Flench: The reasoning behind his votes and how cynical his voting methods are (based on his own logic rather than other's//doesn't vote opportunistically) come off as town. Clearly, this doesn't make the slot absolutely town, but it's a nod in that direction.

@Dyslexicon: Your points are the reason why I should probably have my vote on Titus. Still, I'd much rather pressure out JMO for this shit. I don't see why no one else thinks it's important. Dude just left a vote and it would've coasted easily.
How is Glass not voting opportunistically when both of his votes were onto a person already under suspicion and voted upon? Varsoon seems to be giving a bit too much credit to Glass for some reason. I see Glass and Varsoon aligned at this point.

I would like to hear Glass's reaction to this.

Varsoon is also quite aggressive to JMO, I disagree with the accusation of bandwagon on that count.

Varsoon still not having cast a vote is the last item of suspicion.

Still waiting for Saki to return.
jmo16mla
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:48 pm

Post by jmo16mla »

In post 92, Titus wrote:I do not believe in overthought/overanalysis, only good or bad analysis.

As for my meta look at newbie 1372 (town) and 1380 (ongoing but it's the only game where I've flipped scum on this site; i subbed in towatds the end of day 1). The bulk of my meta is at sc2mafia.com. The setup there is a bit different (24 hour days, more PRs), but that is where I have played the most.
YOU DON'T MENTION ONGOING GAMES. GOD DAMN.
jmo16mla
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:03 pm

Post by jmo16mla »

In post 61, Titus wrote:
In post 59, Glass wrote:So why aren't you voting Saki?
I am not certain if he's scum. I am concerned if I jump on, more people might and the bandwagon might reach the point of no return. There are already a few people voting Saki. If I was certain Saki was scum, I'd vote him without caring if he might eventually wind up lynched. However, I'm not. If there wasn't already a train on Saki, I'd vote him to see what happened.

So, do you care to share this history with the rest of the class Varsoon?
In post 63, Titus wrote:L-3 isn't the point of no return. However, if more players jump onto the Saki bandwagon and become convinced, it would reach the point of no return. It's early in the day, let's keep our options open until we are certain someone is scum.

Yeah, I do think policy lynches are scummy. We should lynch who we believe to be scummy, not based on policy.
@glass

what in these post made you want to vote titus?
Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:21 pm

Post by Glass »

Flench wrote: How is Glass not voting opportunistically when both of his votes were onto a person already under suspicion and voted upon? Varsoon seems to be giving a bit too much credit to Glass for some reason. I see Glass and Varsoon aligned at this point.

I would like to hear Glass's reaction to this.
Voted upon? Titus only had 1 vote when I voted for him.
Already under suspicion? How many people displayed suspicion of Titus before I voted him? I can only see ori.
jmo wrote: @glass

what in these post made you want to vote titus?
Already answered this:
Glass wrote:It is very similar to the reason why I was voting Cherry, in that Titus has a suspect in mind but keeping his vote RVS because he is scared that a wagon will form on his suspect... Doesn't really make sense to me.
So, why are you voting me?
jmo16mla
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:28 pm

Post by jmo16mla »

And you don't see that he could be just a newb and not know what to do?
Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:35 pm

Post by Glass »

No, I don't.
jmo16mla
jmo16mla