Mini 1475: War in the Middle East Mafia (Game Over)

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:24 am

Post by Titus »

In post 249, waynegg wrote:Interesting intro given it completely ignores the elephant in the room and instead shines a light on two other players, one with absolutely no reasoning. This coming from a slot that already looks scumitty scum scum. TH's disappearance is legitimately worrisome, but as a start Titus sure has glossed over a lot and done nothing IMO to get the stink off his slot.
Her slot.

Also waynegg, replacements aren't given a note saying why the other guy left. I can't really address why he left. All I can do is play the game with the information posted in the thread.

Your Troubles Will Cease (3): waynegg, killerjester, BROseidon
Baezu (3): Your Troubles Will Cease, rhyx, Salt n Pepper
killerjester (1): Baezu
waynegg (1): T S O
Not Voting: Ten_Heavens, Titus, Marquis

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.
Deadline is Monday, August 5th at 9 PM Eastern Time.
Last edited by Majiffy on Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:29 am

Post by T S O »

Liars usually have a big prologue, small main and no epilogue o:
waynegg
waynegg
Mafia Scum
waynegg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:35 am

Post by waynegg »

No, you don't get why they replaced out, but if you read over the thread as you implied, you would have also noticed the suspicion on your slot. At least three people have voiced ITT that you're a scumspect.

Since you didn't list your gender in your profile, I had to make an assumption. The male assumption is grammatically correct so, there's that. Now I know though. If you could fix your profile, then people won't have reason to have to assume.
Wayne's reading...odd, but I think he's trying, he's just decided the quickest way to the market down the street was to create a causality portal and tesseract between the two spaces rather than walking. down. the street. ~ Ghostlin
Like LEGO minifigs?
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:03 am

Post by Titus »

In post 252, waynegg wrote:No, you don't get why they replaced out, but if you read over the thread as you implied, you would have also noticed the suspicion on your slot. At least three people have voiced ITT that you're a scumspect.

Since you didn't list your gender in your profile, I had to make an assumption. The male assumption is grammatically correct so, there's that. Now I know though. If you could fix your profile, then people won't have reason to have to assume.
I do not address issues that I generally have no information for. I am not the type of player that says OMG I am FoSed.

I understand that waynegg but I find that people tend to give more authority to male speakers than female ones, so I usually don't change my profile.
Salt n Pepper
Salt n Pepper
Goon
Salt n Pepper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:07 am

Post by Salt n Pepper »

Meh, I dont generally like gambits, especially if I dont think theyre beneficial to town at all. Your gambit was pretty dumb, both me and pitoli agree. In general, I think gambits should only be made when the risk of doing such will not outweigh certain benefits. That was not one of those gambits.

Still, I doubt how Troubles reacting like that makes him scum. IMO scum would totally call the kill scummy before you revealed the gambit.

Oh lol its Titus again. If I had a nickel for every game Im in with you.. :) If you think that people give more authority to male speakers than female and thats why you keep your profile that way, then you shouldnt complain everytime someone says youre a man. *flies away*

DP
Salt n Pepper
Salt n Pepper
Goon
Salt n Pepper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:08 am

Post by Salt n Pepper »

In post 253, Titus wrote:
In post 252, waynegg wrote:Since you didn't list your gender in your profile, I had to make an assumption. The male assumption is grammatically correct so, there's that. Now I know though. If you could fix your profile, then people won't have reason to have to assume.
I understand that waynegg but I find that people tend to give more authority to male speakers than female ones, so I usually don't change my profile.
If that's true, was entirely unnecessary and unproductive.

- pi
Salt n Pepper
Salt n Pepper
Goon
Salt n Pepper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:08 am

Post by Salt n Pepper »

*counterproductive
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:11 am

Post by Titus »

It was not. In many games, I will correct this and players who believe I am town almost always refer to me as a he, rather than a she. I find the real world laden with unannounced sexism so I handle this in my current manner.
waynegg
waynegg
Mafia Scum
waynegg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:14 am

Post by waynegg »

In post 254, Salt n Pepper wrote:Meh, I dont generally like gambits, especially if I dont think theyre beneficial to town at all. Your gambit was pretty dumb, both me and pitoli agree. In general, I think gambits should only be made when the risk of doing such will not outweigh certain benefits. That was not one of those gambits.

Still, I doubt how Troubles reacting like that makes him scum. IMO scum would totally call the kill scummy before you revealed the gambit.

Oh lol its Titus again. If I had a nickel for every game Im in with you.. :) If you think that people give more authority to male speakers than female and thats why you keep your profile that way, then you shouldnt complain everytime someone says youre a man. *flies away*

DP
And will you still feel that way when Troubles flips scum? Your bias against gambits speaks volumes to your insistence of it not working, so how about his flopping a complete 180 on his intentions. You can't just ignore that, unless you're scum (which at this point I don't think you are) trying to protect scum.
Wayne's reading...odd, but I think he's trying, he's just decided the quickest way to the market down the street was to create a causality portal and tesseract between the two spaces rather than walking. down. the street. ~ Ghostlin
Like LEGO minifigs?
Salt n Pepper
Salt n Pepper
Goon
Salt n Pepper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:14 am

Post by Salt n Pepper »

That's not the result of people being subconsciously sexist, it's the result of people reacting to the name you've taken up.

Anyways.
waynegg
waynegg
Mafia Scum
waynegg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:18 am

Post by waynegg »

The world is full of all kinds do bigotry and it goes in all directions. Nobody is left untouched by it. I'm so tired of people using that as a crutch for everything. If you're wrong or right it has nothing to do with your race or your sex. Playing that card pisses me off, irl, to no end. People always have to have an excuse for their inadequacies, and can't accept that maybe it's just them.
Like LEGO minifigs?
Salt n Pepper
Salt n Pepper
Goon
Salt n Pepper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:29 am

Post by Salt n Pepper »

Wayne, I think it speaks a lot to the validity of the gambit when you have to resort to AtE, calling us village idiots, stubborn, egotistical or worse to convince people to join you.

- pi
waynegg
waynegg
Mafia Scum
waynegg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:29 am

Post by waynegg »

This is why people refer to a gender unknow in the masculine...

In English, the problem of gender determination does not arise in the plural, because gender in that language is reflected only in pronouns, and the plural pronoun they does not have gendered forms. In the singular, however, the issue frequently arises when a person of unspecified or unknown gender is being referred to. In this case it has been traditional to use the masculine (he), but other solutions are now often preferred.

It can be referenced here...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grammatica ... ate_gender

The other solutions often preferred are a result of political correctness. I don't participate in new speak and prefer actual correctness.
Like LEGO minifigs?
waynegg
waynegg
Mafia Scum
waynegg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:31 am

Post by waynegg »

In post 261, Salt n Pepper wrote:Wayne, I think it speaks a lot to the validity of the gambit when you have to resort to AtE, calling us village idiots, stubborn, egotistical or worse to convince people to join you.

- pi
Then look at his flopping on the issue and disregard the gambit. And if speaking the truth rubs you the wrong way, I don't know what to say about that. If you don't see it its only because one of those three solutions.

VI
Scum
Stubborn
Like LEGO minifigs?
Salt n Pepper
Salt n Pepper
Goon
Salt n Pepper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:37 am

Post by Salt n Pepper »

^ exactly what I mean.
waynegg
waynegg
Mafia Scum
waynegg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:43 am

Post by waynegg »

Then what about his 180, from saying town did it to anyone other than town did it , when describing his intentions concerning the line I called him on don't look scummy to you?
Like LEGO minifigs?
waynegg
waynegg
Mafia Scum
waynegg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:45 am

Post by waynegg »

In post 239, waynegg wrote:
In post 83, Your Troubles Will Cease wrote:Also, if whoever nuked Amrun is town, you should probably feel bad.
With some questioning, abridged to (which clearly shows he never considered scum using the play)
In post 87, Your Troubles Will Cease wrote:
In post 85, waynegg wrote:
In post 83, Your Troubles Will Cease wrote:Also, if whoever nuked Amrun is town, you should probably feel bad.
Why would you think whoever killed Amrun is town?
I take it this means that you don't? I always thought that correct play for scum/sk dayvig was to wait until MyLo or some opportunity to end the game with a vig/NK combo. Plus a hasty vig is something that seems more likely for town to do, reasoning being that scum has to be more careful.
To full on back pedaling, with a bit of AtE (where now he wants us to believe he thought any alignment could have been guilty)...
In post 94, Your Troubles Will Cease wrote:Fishing with no line isn't very effective, and if I'm lynched over this then you guys should feel even worse than Amrun's killer, who may or may not be one of a pool of {town, scum, third party, werewolf, cult}.
(I know some noodlers who would very much disagree with that first part)

To omgus
In post 124, Your Troubles Will Cease wrote:choo choo. this is exciting.
To an abrupt turn in intention, with a healthy heaping of wifom on the side, and finally admitting he's caught scum
In post 158, Your Troubles Will Cease wrote:
In post 156, waynegg wrote:Nah. Look at his D2 play in a newbie 1370 (post 539 on) he was lynched that day and he was town. His play was completely different.
GIF mislynched me based on meta with Bitmap pushing it along as scum. I was pretty sure I was going to be lynched that day, with nothing for Town to go on the next day. Whereas here I'm pretty confident I won't be lynched today here, but if I am there's a giant steaming pile of gold for people to work with tomorrow. Hence my flippancy.

You're right, there isn't a clear Town thought process for assuming an early Dayvig is town.
Hence why I didn't assume it.
The core of your case is wrong, and the layers you're trying to build on top of it are unstable. You're town though. Are you a GIF alt?

Baezu, that's too much null. Give your opinion on the game.
In the pink~umm...yes you did. That's what we've been discussing for the past several pages and you said as much in 87.

TLDR: YTWC says town did it, wait, anyone could have done it, now only anyone but town could have do e it in flailing to explain his thought process for the statement I originally called him out on. HE'S SCUM.
So you don't have to dig
Like LEGO minifigs?
Ten_Heavens
Ten_Heavens
Goon
Ten_Heavens
Goon
Goon

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:03 am

Post by Ten_Heavens »

Waynegg, you're really hellbent on this aren't you? But I see the plan that you're trying to implement and then suddenly the result you wanted jumped in front of your face, you believed it worked. But what happens if it was just coincidence? It's just that we are already two towns down and if we're not careful about this, there might be no coming back.

Other people need to give some of their opinions on this matter, especially the flakers. Marquis, Broseidon and Killerjester. Actually you know what Marquis hasn't really gave anything on anyone.
"Why are tigers strong?..."
waynegg
waynegg
Mafia Scum
waynegg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:04 am

Post by waynegg »

In post 264, Salt n Pepper wrote:^ exactly what I mean.
The truth isn't an appeal to emotion. It's just the truth. And why do you run away just when we start our 1v1? Interesting.
Like LEGO minifigs?
Salt n Pepper
Salt n Pepper
Goon
Salt n Pepper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:05 am

Post by Salt n Pepper »

I would go for it if Troubles was truly saying "Amrun's killer was town" or even "Amrun's killer was most likely town" in . As it is, it's not apparent that the assumption was made. Moreover, I could see myself making a similar presumption. I'm going to have to see more from him, or maybe I'll do a meta dive.

I won't be bullied into voting, Wayne. And there's more than enough hydra dissonance that I couldn't make that vote without DP thinking I was deliberately pissing him off or trolling. Baezu has given me way more to be suspicious of.

- pi
Salt n Pepper
Salt n Pepper
Goon
Salt n Pepper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:05 am

Post by Salt n Pepper »

Not running away you fucker I'm typing on a goddamn iPhone
Salt n Pepper
Salt n Pepper
Goon
Salt n Pepper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:08 am

Post by Salt n Pepper »

I find it ironic waynegg has the audacity to call people VIs...
Ten_Heavens
Ten_Heavens
Goon
Ten_Heavens
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:10 am

Post by Ten_Heavens »

Alright relax people, waynegg you need to lay off the smart ass tone.
"Why are tigers strong?..."
Salt n Pepper
Salt n Pepper
Goon
Salt n Pepper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:11 am

Post by Salt n Pepper »

Your plan was bad and you should feel bad. "Hey Im going to use a potentially powerful tool to find scum to do some dumb gambit, because #YOLO right?"
Salt n Pepper
Salt n Pepper
Goon
Salt n Pepper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:13 am

Post by Salt n Pepper »

Last two were DP.

- pi

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”