Mini 1475: War in the Middle East Mafia (Game Over)

Your Troubles Will Cease
Your Troubles Will Cease
Goon
Your Troubles Will Cease
Goon
Goon

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:07 am

Post by Your Troubles Will Cease »

In post 567, killerjester wrote:I want to know what he thinks the pattern is.
Since I've already claimed, it can't hurt, though if I'm right this gives scum clear fakeclaims. You still want me to say?

Your Troubles Will Cease (4): waynegg, BROseidon, Marquis, Baezu
Baezu (2): rhyx
waynegg (1): T S O
T S O (2): Your Troubles Will Cease, Salt n Pepper
killerjester (1): Titus
Not Voting: Ten_Heavens, killerjester

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.
Deadline is Monday, August 5th at 9 PM Eastern Time.
Last edited by Majiffy on Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hur hur hur
Your Troubles Will Cease
Your Troubles Will Cease
Goon
Your Troubles Will Cease
Goon
Goon

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:08 am

I'm against a full mass nameclaim now, by the way. Does anyone know if Jiffy has a history of providing safe fakeclaims when he mods?
hur hur hur
killerjester
killerjester
Mafia Scum
killerjester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:23 am

Post by killerjester »

In post 575, Your Troubles Will Cease wrote:Since I've already claimed, it can't hurt, though if I'm right this gives scum clear fakeclaims. You still want me to say?
A fakeclaim is only safe if no member of the town has the same name. For instance, claiming a pattern of Red would not mean that "Maroon" is a safe claim because if my rolename was Maroon I could CC and lead a lynch against the scum. So yes, especially if we're still lynching you then you should claim what you think the pattern is.
Lord of Lynch protect us. For the Night is dark and full of scum.

Noir Mafia, a 13p bastard Mini Theme delayed until further notice.
Your Troubles Will Cease
Your Troubles Will Cease
Goon
Your Troubles Will Cease
Goon
Goon

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:28 am

Alright then.

All the townies we've had so far are Muslim countries - Oman, Iran, Jordan. My role PM talks about defending my religion. Hence, I believe that the Muslim countries are town.
hur hur hur
Ten_Heavens
Ten_Heavens
Goon
Ten_Heavens
Goon
Goon

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:28 am

Post by Ten_Heavens »

In post 532, Baezu wrote: I like your analysis. I agree with a lot of it. I did think up of the line myself. I wanted to try and crumb in games where I'm town because I was in a game where someone crumbed and it was brilliant and blew my mind so I wanted to try it as well. Obviously, I wasn't successful. Anyway, I understand I may have confused town more - that was not my intention. I realize it doesn't confirm me as town and that was also not my interntion. The reason I claimed was simply to give town more information. Do with it as you will.
First you didn't really answer my question about Purpkin. You only crumbed cause you thought it was cool to do it, I'm not going to hold that against you, a lot of us try and do cool things *cough*waynegg*cough*. However you did it it without much of a reason and it only set you up for a fall i.e. fake claim/justification later.
In post 387, Baezu wrote:I'm conftown!
In post 532, Baezu wrote:I realize it doesn't confirm me as town and that was also not my interntion.
:facepalm:

I'm really beginning to question your play style. You're backtracking a lot and it is quite suspicious. You're leaning very scummy for me.
"Why are tigers strong?..."
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:30 am

Post by Titus »

In post 577, killerjester wrote:
In post 575, Your Troubles Will Cease wrote:Since I've already claimed, it can't hurt, though if I'm right this gives scum clear fakeclaims. You still want me to say?
A fakeclaim is only safe if no member of the town has the same name. For instance, claiming a pattern of Red would not mean that "Maroon" is a safe claim because if my rolename was Maroon I could CC and lead a lynch against the scum. So yes, especially if we're still lynching you then you should claim what you think the pattern is.
I happen to think this is a horrible idea. Not only is your reason unclear, it gives scum a method of hunting the PRs and faking their claims. I see no benefit to this until scum flips. Stick with behavioral analysis.
Your Troubles Will Cease
Your Troubles Will Cease
Goon
Your Troubles Will Cease
Goon
Goon

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:32 am

In post 580, Titus wrote:
I happen to think this is a horrible idea. Not only is your reason unclear, it gives scum a method of hunting the PRs and faking their claims. I see no benefit to this until scum flips. Stick with behavioral analysis.
loltoolate. I can help with the magical power of hindsight though. I'm pretty sure KJ just played on my desire to not get lynched in order to get me to out my (admittedly not too helpful) theory.
hur hur hur
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:32 am

Post by Titus »

If we are going to do this, :facepalm:, then Baezu should claim next.
Your Troubles Will Cease
Your Troubles Will Cease
Goon
Your Troubles Will Cease
Goon
Goon

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:33 am

In post 582, Titus wrote:If we are going to do this, :facepalm:, then Baezu should claim next.
I'm pretty sure we're not doing this.
hur hur hur
ryhx
ryhx
Goon
ryhx
Goon
Goon

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:34 am

Post by ryhx »

That is only if scum is one of the first to claim. Besides, troubles has already strongly hinted at what the pattern is, your insistence on more then that is suspicious.

P-Edit: Too late.
Ten_Heavens
Ten_Heavens
Goon
Ten_Heavens
Goon
Goon

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:43 am

Post by Ten_Heavens »

In post 450, Majiffy wrote:
Your Troubles Will Cease (4): waynegg, killerjester, BROseidon, Marquis
Baezu (3): Your Troubles Will Cease, rhyx, Salt n Pepper, Titus

Titus (1): Baezu
Not Voting: Ten_Heavens

In post 475, Your Troubles Will Cease wrote:
Baezu (4): rhyx, Salt n Pepper, Titus

Titus (2): Baezu, Your Troubles Will Cease

In post 500, Majiffy wrote:

Titus (2): Baezu, Your Troubles Will Cease

In post 525, BROseidon wrote:

Titus (1): Baezu
T S O (1): Your Troubles Will Cease

Last 4 VC's. There's a clear distinction that the voting is amok somewhere. At first I just thought it was a silly mistake but Majiffy can't be this careless right? When we asked him about it he just acted dumb.

So should we try and work this out? Because it seems like there's an extra vote on Baezu when YTWC moved his vote to Titus from post 450 to post 475.
ryhx
ryhx
Goon
ryhx
Goon
Goon

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:43 am

Post by ryhx »

In post 556, Titus wrote:For the record, I still think Popcorn names are a BAD idea. I will comply though, I'm just concerned with this outing the PRs.
In post 582, Titus wrote:If we are going to do this, :facepalm:, then Baezu should claim next.
For a person who has stated multiple times that name claiming is bad, you're oddly eager/compliant to get this name claim thing going.
Ten_Heavens
Ten_Heavens
Goon
Ten_Heavens
Goon
Goon

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:55 am

Post by Ten_Heavens »

@SnP:

In post 524, BROseidon wrote:
In post 509, Salt n Pepper wrote:
This is helpful to town how?

pitoli, I think TSO is scummy, what do you think?

-DP
Why is this post not in your QT/skype convo/whatever form of communication you use to do behind-the-scenes talking?
Yea I too am confused about this. Hydras themselves can talk to each other outside the game right? Why are you trying to create a sense that you two are separate entities in this game? What happens if Pitoli doesn't think TSO is scummy? Your convo there is just gonna mess everyone up.

Also this isn't a direct criticism to you guys but why do people play in hydras? I read on the wiki is to prevent people from finding out the meta of some players but I still know you're identity and I can easily find your account and posts. Generally confused.
ryhx
ryhx
Goon
ryhx
Goon
Goon

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:06 am

Post by ryhx »

In post 532, Baezu wrote:I like your analysis. I agree with a lot of it. I did think up of the line myself. I wanted to try and crumb in games where I'm town because I was in a game where someone crumbed and it was brilliant and blew my mind so I wanted to try it as well. Obviously, I wasn't successful. Anyway, I understand I may have confused town more - that was not my intention. I realize it doesn't confirm me as town and that was also not my interntion. The reason I claimed was simply to give town more information. Do with it as you will.
So you're agreeing that your earlier post is contradictory and scummy? Also, what information did you hope your claim will impart to town, do you have some words of wisdom from Purpkin? What did you guys talk about? You also missed out these questions from ten heavens that I'm interested to hear the answer to as well:
So Baezu did they ever give you a reason on why you should claim if they'd died? And why so specific? Was purpkin going to claim had you died instead of them?
In post 534, Baezu wrote:First of all, I think it's very strange that troubles wants to nameclaim so early in the game. Then there's this comment from rhyx:

about the whole stump thing. It really sounds like scum flailing.

VOTE: YTWC

L-1
That was a quick diversion on your part. Please do explain how that move was flailing.
Ten_Heavens
Ten_Heavens
Goon
Ten_Heavens
Goon
Goon

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:13 am

Post by Ten_Heavens »

In post 540, waynegg wrote:What about all the votes that fell on you before Baezu. Are you going to claim, or do you need intent to hammer first? And on the off chance you aren't scum, are you going to provide a read list with reasons?
Hassling the L-1's for reads? If you're so certain his scum then his reads are probably useless. This seems like fishing for info.
Ten_Heavens
Ten_Heavens
Goon
Ten_Heavens
Goon
Goon

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:22 am

Post by Ten_Heavens »

I wouldn't see how a mass claim would help town other than expose more info to the mafia actually.

There are just too many things we wouldn't know. If there is a pattern it will be most likely something we're trying to make it fit rather than what it actual is. We aren't even sure if Majiffy has claims for the mafioso either.
ryhx
ryhx
Goon
ryhx
Goon
Goon

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:30 am

Post by ryhx »

In post 585, Ten_Heavens wrote: Last 4 VC's. There's a clear distinction that the voting is amok somewhere. At first I just thought it was a silly mistake but Majiffy can't be this careless right? When we asked him about it he just acted dumb.

So should we try and work this out? Because it seems like there's an extra vote on Baezu when YTWC moved his vote to Titus from post 450 to post 475.
I think he may just be that careless. Jiffy did say explicitly that we should only count the number of names on the vote (which are correct). If he had some other mechanic up his sleeve I think he would have hedged it more instead of an outright lie.
In post 587, Ten_Heavens wrote:
@SnP:

Why is this post not in your QT/skype convo/whatever form of communication you use to do behind-the-scenes talking?
Yea I too am confused about this. Hydras themselves can talk to each other outside the game right? Why are you trying to create a sense that you two are separate entities in this game? What happens if Pitoli doesn't think TSO is scummy? Your convo there is just gonna mess everyone up.

Also this isn't a direct criticism to you guys but why do people play in hydras? I read on the wiki is to prevent people from finding out the meta of some players but I still know you're identity and I can easily find your account and posts. Generally confused.[/quote]
AFAIK people like hydras because they like being able to talk to someone out of thread..
In post 590, Ten_Heavens wrote:I wouldn't see how a mass claim would help town other than expose more info to the mafia actually.

There are just too many things we wouldn't know. If there is a pattern it will be most likely something we're trying to make it fit rather than what it actual is. We aren't even sure if Majiffy has claims for the mafioso either.
This is odd. What info do you think it'll expose to mafia, if you think that no info can be gained by town?

Fake edit note: I hadn't realized how little I've posted in this game till I checked the activity log and I was just above Pitoli :? I tried to keep up and post at least everyday, but once a day really isn't enough. Shall try and be more active here on out.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:56 am

Post by Titus »

In post 586, ryhx wrote:
In post 556, Titus wrote:For the record, I still think Popcorn names are a BAD idea. I will comply though, I'm just concerned with this outing the PRs.
For a person who has stated multiple times that name claiming is bad, you're oddly eager/compliant to get this name claim thing going.
Resigned is more accurate. I am definitely not eager. I would rather look at behavior. I just don't want any fighting to get in the way of scumhunting.
Salt n Pepper
Salt n Pepper
Goon
Salt n Pepper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:21 am

Post by Salt n Pepper »

In post 587, Ten_Heavens wrote:
@SnP:

Also this isn't a direct criticism to you guys but why do people play in hydras? I read on the wiki is to prevent people from finding out the meta of some players but I still know you're identity and I can easily find your account and posts. Generally confused.
We're not trying to create a sense that we're two separate entities - we ARE two separate entities. Do you understand why they call them hydra "heads"? Different playstyles, different reactions to things. That means we will disagree quite often. And yeah maybe we should be using our quick topic more but I see no reason to filter what I say here through the quick topic first. We're playing with town, so it honestly doesn't matter to me that you guys see our back and forth occasionally. If you're afraid dissonance is gonna "mess you up", don't play in games with hydras. So TH: deal with it. I'm not sympathetic to anybody's whining as I think DP and I have been reasonably clear about where we agree and disagree.

There are different reasons for hydras but rather than meta dodging I play S&P because I'm a bit of a second-guesser when it comes to trusting my play, so having someone to bounce things off of during the game is nice. Other people like hydras for the social/collaborative aspect, and well, DP is a pretty chill dude ^^

- pi
Salt n Pepper
Salt n Pepper
Goon
Salt n Pepper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:29 am

Post by Salt n Pepper »

And actually, I think it's totally scummy how Ten Heavens tried to paint me and DP in a negative light using the mechanic of hydras rather than on our current gameplay!

That's definitely been made a mental file of.

- pi
waynegg
waynegg
Mafia Scum
waynegg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:23 am

Post by waynegg »

In post 594, Salt n Pepper wrote:And actually, I think it's totally scummy how Ten Heavens tried to paint me and DP in a negative light using the mechanic of hydras rather than on our current gameplay!

That's definitely been made a mental file of.

- pi
Fair enough
In post 593, Salt n Pepper wrote: We're fucking with town, so it honestly doesn't matter to me that you guys see our back and forth occasionally.
FTFY!
Wayne's reading...odd, but I think he's trying, he's just decided the quickest way to the market down the street was to create a causality portal and tesseract between the two spaces rather than walking. down. the street. ~ Ghostlin
Like LEGO minifigs?
Salt n Pepper
Salt n Pepper
Goon
Salt n Pepper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:34 am

Post by Salt n Pepper »

Why do you think we're fucking with town? :(

- pi
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:53 am

Post by Titus »

Waynegg, why did you edit Salt and Pepper's post to something that dramatcally changed the meaning? I see no town motivation for that.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:59 am

Post by BROseidon »

In post 550, Titus wrote:I like these initial reads. Withdrawing intent to hammer.
Does "like" mean you agree with them, or you like the line of reasoning his using even if you disagree?
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:05 am

Post by BROseidon »

In post 569, pitoli wrote:TSO and Broseidon I've noticed have been following Wayne quite closely and I don't like it
Can you point out where I've been "following Wayne quite closely?"

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”