PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4250 (ISO) » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:31 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Vote Count 3-6

(as of Post 4249)

TMTOLBTWNTOF (8)
- Ankamius, Thirdkoopa, orcinus_theoriginal, dramonic, Shadi1337, Baezu, Serene, Baby Spice

Not Voting (9)
- TMTOLBTWNTOF, DOMO, Cephrir, KingCrabd, Slandaar, StubbsKVM, jon_h61, BROseidon, Rift Adrift,

With 17 alive, it takes 9 to lynch

Deadline:
Aug 10, 11pm CST ((expired on 2013-08-10 21:24:01))

Replacing:

Slandaar

Prods:

TMTOLBTWNTOF

V/LAs:

AnkamiusAug 1
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4251 (ISO) » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:34 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 207, TMTOLBTWNTOF wrote:Please votecount
In post 131, KingCrabd wrote: Nulls:
Orc (not enough posts yet)
Everyone Else because it’s like page 6 and several people only have RVS posts.
Lol... Orc and everyone else? That was a weird way to phrase it.

never mind, ninja'd by mac.
As orci pointed out, never mentions Crabd again. Never interacts with orci, but orci probably wouldn't speculate this way re: distancing if they were scum together.
In post 207, TMTOLBTWNTOF wrote:
In post 155, Shadi1337 wrote:
In post 130, Doc Holliday wrote: PE: omfg people, STOP with the crap filler posts. We're in the middle of page 6 in a 24 player game sevenish hours old. Unless you ACTUALLY WANT mass flaking, stop posting unless you have something real to say for chrissake
Wadup

No but seriously dude calm down, if it's filler then skip it.
No. Fillering makes it harder to pick out scum posts.
In post 168, Metal Sonic wrote:7 pages is hhard

hahahahhahahaha

have you tried reading 30
Feel like contributing anytime soon?
Both of these addresses could be "hey scumbuddy, play better".
In post 298, TMTOLBTWNTOF wrote:
In post 263, TheIrishPope wrote:Alright, so you all think I'm Town. That's good. I think we should lynch Stevie.
VOTE: Stevie
Whoever doesn't vote Stevie is either scum or a tree stump
Stevie is town, he acts with consistency, and I'm pretty sure there is scum on his wagon right now
Remind me to look at who this is referring to.
In post 523, TMTOLBTWNTOF wrote:
In post 366, The Goat wrote:Tough to see a lot through all the bickering...TSO and Metal Sonic in particular.

Initial read stands.

vote Stevie.
Hops on a person that people continue to push for bad reasons, easy target
In post 461, The Goat wrote:What...

...in the actual fuck?
Expresses "surprise" towards a joke
Does not further comment on his vote

VOTE: The Goat
Letters' contribution to this game insofar as it can even be called that is limited to attacking The Goat, basically. But at this point at least, it's pretty clearly not going anywhere. I'm a little biased towards thinking this is bussing, I'll admit, because I'm lightly scumreading Goat's replacement.
In post 1136, TMTOLBTWNTOF wrote:
In post 1095, StubbsKVM wrote:
I'm actually voting Dramonic, not Serene.

Now do I think Serene is scum? A 2-headed hydra is difficult enough for me to read. Now there's 3-headed hydras?
Well based on one of the sane head's posts, I'm leaning town. But the insane head's so annoying I just want to vote to be done with it.
None of these are actual scumreads.
Stubbs probably isn't scum with Letters.
In post 2201, TMTOLBTWNTOF wrote:
In post 2199, The Goat wrote:
vote: Stevie

I'd prefer that you try to behave a lot more pro-town. Thanks in advance.
This is massively mitigated
Again, wimpy attacks on The Goat that are unlikely to go anywhere. This is looking like a halfhearted bus to me, but to be fair everything this guy *did* was halfhearted, so perhaps I should stop trying to read into that.
In post 2801, TMTOLBTWNTOF wrote:
In post 2739, Calcifer wrote:
In post 2214, TMTOLBTWNTOF wrote:It means to try to make what your saying less offensive or boat rocking.
I've no idea if this actually constitutes a read, just noticing that it's not the normal way other people post.
What is your read on Goat at the moment?

In post 2597, TMTOLBTWNTOF wrote:Regarding the meta on Calcifer, both heads, is it possible it could change due to them playing together?
That's mostly what she was talking about. What do you think of her conclusions?
In post 2597, TMTOLBTWNTOF wrote:I don't understand what your motivation is for pointing these out, if Serene is mason claim
Do you think Serene is confirmed town from the mason claim? If so, there's clear scum motivation with the possibility of confused town. Which do you think it is?
1. I have yet to have anyone answer my question- Is mitigation an action that is normally counted as a scum action?

2. People say both heads of you are aggressive heads, so the expectation that the other head would play aggressively might cause you to.
3. Could you give me links of scum claiming mason that succeeded? From what I gather, it's not a conventional path to take.
And when confronted to actually give a solid read on The Goat (and the fact that Calcifer is bringing him up implies to me that I've probably reached the part of the game at which Goat becomes a legitimate suspect), he completely ignores the question. We probably should have lynched TMT on the spot for ignoring a question about what appears to be his only scum read.
In post 3021, TMTOLBTWNTOF wrote:
In post 3019, Serene wrote:TMTOLBTWNTOF probably will stay unvoting because scum likes to do that.
Check out my games.

Does at least 1 of your heads thinks Calcifer is scum?

VOTE: Koopa
This is not how one votes for a scumbuddy. Koopa is not in this mafia.

That wasn't terribly enlightening. Time to trawl everyone else's posts, which I imagine will be more useful, even though they aren't likely to mention him much except as a position on a scumlist.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4252 (ISO) » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:36 am

Post by Cephrir »

Actually, I think it's a stretch to say this iso looks particularly good for RA. TMT does interact with them several times, but his reaction is always to ask one of his trademark utterly useless questions, or to address something really insignificant.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4253 (ISO) » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:37 am

Post by Cephrir »

(that's in response to orci saying it *did* look good for RA, I'm not implying it looks bad)
Bartleby the Scrivener
Rift Adrift
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4254 (ISO) » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:38 am

Post by Rift Adrift »

Ceph, I think this is orcinus' question for you. I'll check to see if there are morre.
In post 4226, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:
In post 4223, Cephrir wrote:As a low calibre player who picked up on this I disagree
i have no freaking clue how good you are

cabd apparently values your play highly, in one of the questions he asked me a few pages back

talk to me about this because this pings a littl
e

Pedit: Yeah I'm worried more about cabd's read on shadi than anything else concerning shadi including shadi himself

i still think shadi is scum right now but fuck i need to sort cabd
Syryana and fferyllt: doing nothing but tunneling while giving virtually no other reads worth anything. Also, puppies.

If it were that simple, if it were only that simple, we would never have called you in about it, Rydra Wong. -- Samuel R. Delany,
Babel-17
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4255 (ISO) » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:39 am

Post by Cephrir »

I thought I answered it, but maybe there's more to it I'm not getting
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4256 (ISO) » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:43 am

Post by Cephrir »

Mostly unrelatedly, I just reskimmed Brian Hollywood, and he's scum.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Rift Adrift
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4257 (ISO) » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:44 am

Post by Rift Adrift »

In post 4255, Cephrir wrote:I thought I answered it, but maybe there's more to it I'm not getting
Ah you're right.

I'm trying to remember if you noticed Peregrine's crumb in Amnesiac. I was pretty close to dumbstruck that crumbing would be done so blatantly here.
Syryana and fferyllt: doing nothing but tunneling while giving virtually no other reads worth anything. Also, puppies.

If it were that simple, if it were only that simple, we would never have called you in about it, Rydra Wong. -- Samuel R. Delany,
Babel-17
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4258 (ISO) » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:27 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1903, BROseidon wrote: Letters being gone for so long makes me want to scumread the slot
Pretty craptacular reason.
In post 2354, BROseidon wrote: Also I don't like any of letters' posts but for reasons involving games in progress I highly doubt my ability to read him.
Please let us know when this is a thing. Unfortunately this sort of blanket scumread turns out to be typical of everyone in this thread.
In post 549, DOMO wrote: I also don't like his reasoning for pushing TMT... I have my doubts about TMT, but this goat fellow is certainly someone who deserves scrutiny, I mean he has 3 posts yet has an important vote down... zdenek calling TMT scummy for pointing this out is questionable.
I believe I recall not liking this even before we knew TMT was scum.
In post 577, DOMO wrote: You quoted his post where he points the finger at goat, who has 3 posts and an important vote on stevie. Forgive me for assuming this was your reason for calling him scum. Yes I have doubts about TMT, I have doubts about stevie too, but neither are reads I have a huge amount of confidence in. I think TMT is right to consider goat sketchy, so you pointing your finger at TMT for a post that I actually agreed with pinged, more so than your attack at me tbh.
Stevie still looks scummy to me. I don't see why goat needed to comment more at that moment. Why do you think that he did?
You don't see why goat needed to comment more? Is this serious? He has 3 posts, I'd like to see him comment more on a lot more things than this. Why do I think goat made the comments he did? I dunno, I can speculate, like maybe he's town and thinks stevie is scum, or maybe he's scum and wants to ML stevie, or maybe even bussing... it's pretty difficult to get a read on goat based on 3 posts. Seeing as I'm not really sure about stevie, this makes it harder for me to figure out his motives.

Why do you think TMT voted for goat? Do you not think goat is worth of scrutiny?
But we know why he voted for goat, he just said so? Also, I think I hear the thrumming of the world's smallest chainsaw.
In post 2268, KingCrabd wrote:
In post 2267, Calcifer wrote:
In post 2265, KingCrabd wrote:
In post 2263, Serene wrote:Oh look Calciscum is trying to make KingCrabd do his dirty work.
I don't know who you are, but you're making it very difficult for me to find scum, so if you could stop antitown stuff, that would be great. Work with me here, not against me.
I'd recommend ignoring him. Why is TMT staying in your lynchpool?
Because a deeper probe showed that as town he usually makes it to LYLO. So the only reason I had to take him out (that he seemed to be mislynched) was actually wrong, because skimming just had me reading day ones, not checking the ends of threads too. He usually gets ALMOST lynched as town, then scum leaves him alive to LYLO.
You said earlier he gets mislynched often... so he gets mislynched often in lylo, I guess? Did you read the thread until you saw him almost getting lynched, and therefore think he was? Why not refer to the first post? I don't understand this.
In post 1524, Metal Sonic wrote: VOTE: Calcifcer

I'd vote randomletters too though
This is his only mention. It is metal sonic though, not sure we can actually expect progressions from him.
In post 1412, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:i don't really have a read on TMT because it's quite possible he just sucks and i'm not good at reading those kinds of players
Didn't you later scumread him? If you did, I lost the quote, so perhaps not.
In post 524, Rift Adrift wrote:Town: Calcifer, Steve, TMT, Nero, TIP, truly14(and his replacement), Brian Hollywood
How

What

I don't even
In post 1378, Rift Adrift wrote:
In post 1375, Serene wrote:So Calcifer is unlynchable? That works, too. :twisted:

VOTE: TMTOLBTWNTOF

I cannot conceive of anyone objecting to this righteous lynch.
We can't lynch all the scum on day 1. We have to pick one. Why it TMT a better lynch than bulba?
Doing the same thing metal sonic and orci (lost the quote on that one) did, so I guess there's nothing wrong with it?

For someone who cares about read progression (IIRC) you don't really have one yourself.
In post 2668, StubbsKVM wrote: TMTOLBTWNTOF: Haven't been paying much attention to this guy I think. Can't remember anything he said.
In post 2684, StubbsKVM wrote:
Zdenek wrote: I'm not putting words in your mouth. I looked at your ISO, and that's what I got out of. Now, I'm checking to see if you have anything else you want to add or if I missed something. I ask because if this is correct then I really don't understand your null reads on TMTOLBTWNTOF and Brian Hollywood and your town read on The Goat, since they've also not provided content. The fact that you don't have a read on BulbaF seems odd to me, since you're scum reading Ank for reading the mason's differently, and BulbaFenix's reads on the masons seems incredibly contrived.
You look at my ISO and assume a bunch of things. That's not putting words in my mouth?

I gave you a list and reads on them as far as I remembered. I did not look up anything before writing them down.

Let's see:

Ankamius has pinged me a few times, but I can't really remember what he did.
Baby Spice did some weird voting and displayed some really weird behaviour on day 1.
Stevie well I don't think I need to explain that one.
Thirdkoopa: The "I'm not rolefishing, but who are you talking about" post was exceptionally bad. Because people already pointed it out, I didn't see the need to repeat that.
TMT: can't remember anything he posted. How can I read him other than null? I've been wondering why people are scumreading him, but haven't put in effort to find out why.

Brian Hollywood: same thing.
The Goat: I remember him saying he was townier than Serene. I could not agree more. Maybe I just really liked that post to just want him around. The Doctor on fire thing was golden.
BulbaFenix: One head says yes, the other no. I have to admit I may have skipped some of his posts.

Maybe I should put some effort in reading through some of these guys. But after catching up 20 pages, I did not feel like it. Basically since the whole Serene/Nero theatre, I kind of lost interest and I have a hard time getting back into it. It feels like I'm not really a part of this game, just spectating. That's probably the reason why I'm lacking strong scumreads.
This is not scum with letters
In post 177, Mac wrote:stevie:
In post 84, StevieT92 wrote:
In post 47, Mac wrote:
In post 44, StevieT92 wrote: Scum suspect #2 is BROseidan for making a town read on page 2.
can you tell me how this is scummy and how this doesn't work in reverse?
Because in the beginning of the game a good town is supposed to be suspicious of everyone. It should take more than 2 pages of fluff/RVS for you to determine that someone is a townie.

Scumhunting, on the other hand, is always encouraged.
this is a terrible post. at the beginning of the game, good town can also get reads from early posts. the fact that you are trying to discourage this in such a way is pretty anti-town.

like Rift (??) said, scumhunting and townhunting work in unison together, and make for an easier life.

there was something else that caught my eye on a brief skin of the 8 pages:
In post 131, KingCrabd wrote:Nulls:
Krab person (cabd?) - why did you feel the need to seperate orc for not having enough posts from everyone else who don't have enough posts? I found this kinda bizarre behaviour.
In post 76, TMTOLBTWNTOF wrote:
In post 46, Calcifer wrote:ProHawk is town, despite how stupid his idea was.
TiP, BROseidon, and Stevie are all scum.
In post 53, Calcifer wrote: I have Zdenek, BRO, Prohawk, TiP, and maybe Stevie as town.
Wait... so one of you has Stevie as scum and one of you as town? Could you please sign?
why did you pick out Stevie here and not BRO? both in differing piles from Calcifier. also this post does nothing. as have the rest of your other two posts, letters chap.

vote TMT

TMT and possibly stevie for scum at the moment.
For reasons that escape me people kept referring to this as a 'case' early in the thread when it really isn't one. I would give Mac townpoints for this (I think he's Serene now so it's a moot point?) except for ongoinggamereasons.
In post 2233, The Goat wrote:Strong Town Reads:
Rift Adrift
zdenek

Leaning Town:
TMTOLBTWNTOF
Serene
BulbaFenix

Leaning Scum:
BROseidon
DOMO

Strong Scum Reads:
StevieT92
This is after letters is voting him, and it's not a fantastic vote, plus he hasn't done anything else. It's really odd that TMT is even on this list. He only bothered ranking 8 players, and they're basically the most prolific posters and some random ass lurker who suspects you? Even if they're not together, this is scummy (artifical town read on someone who suspects him to avoid being accused of OMGUS)
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4259 (ISO) » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:29 am

Post by Cephrir »

Didn't bother with Ank & BS for obvious reasons.

Most of those I didn't quote had little to no interaction with TMT at any point unless they were referring to him as something other than "tmt" or "letters".
Bartleby the Scrivener
Serene
Serene
Mafia Scum
Serene
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4260 (ISO) » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:04 am

Post by Serene »

Hey let's never lynch the guilty player

See if we can reach page 500 before night 4
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #4261 (ISO) » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:26 am

Post by BROseidon »

In post 4258, Cephrir wrote:Please let us know when this is a thing. Unfortunately this sort of blanket scumread turns out to be typical of everyone in this thread.
I totally forgot I had posted about this.

All the games in question are now complete, so I can talk about it here. I drove mislynch wagons on letters in Inevitable Mafia and HP mafia. I can provide links to both games. I also would have probably done the same in Xenoblade had I not been scum and known that he probably wasn't scum (or that if he was I could just shoot him).
Thirdkoopa
Thirdkoopa
Goon
Thirdkoopa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4262 (ISO) » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:39 am

Post by Thirdkoopa »

In post 4260, Serene wrote:Hey let's never lynch the guilty player

JUST HAMMER HIM SOMEONE

END IT
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #4263 (ISO) » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:49 am

Post by BROseidon »

I expected him to self-hammer at this point.

I'll hammer tonight at 10 or 11 PST unless someone says they want more time to talk things out. I think we've had a good discussion.
Rift Adrift
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4264 (ISO) » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:49 am

Post by Rift Adrift »

@Cephrir

There are about 800 posts between the first quote and the second one you pulled for me. In that period (and beyond) both TMT and Brian Hollywood lurked the shit out of the thread for the most part and contributed nothing to move the game forward, as several other players had commented. I don't usually post obvious shit for the sake of being obvious.

Babel-17
Rift Adrift
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4265 (ISO) » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:53 am

Post by Rift Adrift »

In post 4262, Thirdkoopa wrote:
In post 4260, Serene wrote:Hey let's never lynch the guilty player

JUST HAMMER HIM SOMEONE

END IT
There is a ton of stuff for Crabd to respond to in the last few pages. One or both of Crabd or Orcinus may not be around tomorrow, but I think answers to some of those questions will be game-relevant no matter how either of them flip.

I'll hammer tonight before I hit the sack. I'm also in the US Pacific zone, as is Cabd.

Babel-17
Thirdkoopa
Thirdkoopa
Goon
Thirdkoopa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4266 (ISO) » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:01 am

Post by Thirdkoopa »

Alright, sure, I can wait until then. I'm not impatient, it's just that it's been so damned long.

If you guys have stuff to tell me, crack at it before the day's end. There's a 90% chance I'm firing.
Rift Adrift
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4267 (ISO) » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:07 am

Post by Rift Adrift »

In post 4266, Thirdkoopa wrote:Alright, sure, I can wait until then. I'm not impatient, it's just that it's been so damned long.

If you guys have stuff to tell me, crack at it before the day's end. There's a 90% chance I'm firing.
Prior to recent posts I would have said {cephrir, baezu, jon}. But, I want to narrow it to {baezu, jon}. Players we can expect to keep posting and participating will be easier to read on day 4 than either of those two, and other kills may solve a few read dilemmas.

Babel-17
Rift Adrift
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4268 (ISO) » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:25 am

Post by Rift Adrift »

Three thoughts in the previous post and they are not well separated/defined.

Took cephrir out of the list because his recent posts look like scumhunting and pushing lines of thought that orcinus posted. Doesn't make him town, but it's useful stuff for tomorrow IMO.

baezu and jon are my picks because of inactivity plus some scumminess in their own posts and/or their predecessors' posts.

Others I could add to that list will probably be acitve day 4 if previous behavior is predictive, which means more refined reads and more sureness about their alignments.

Babel-17
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4269 (ISO) » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:43 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 4264, Rift Adrift wrote:@Cephrir

There are about 800 posts between the first quote and the second one you pulled for me. In that period (and beyond) both TMT and Brian Hollywood lurked the shit out of the thread for the most part and contributed nothing to move the game forward, as several other players had commented. I don't usually post obvious shit for the sake of being obvious.
I like to evaluate based on posts rather than lack thereof, but alright, to each their own.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4270 (ISO) » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:01 am

Post by Ankamius »

Oh, I forgot to cancel my V/LA in this thread. Derp.

Is there anything specifically needed from me right now? Reads? Comments? Etc.? I noticed there were four new pages since I last checked the thread, so I just skimmed them.
KingCrabd
KingCrabd
Goon
KingCrabd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4271 (ISO) » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:52 am

Post by KingCrabd »

Replies to orc:

Spoiler: HERE THAR BE WALLS
It's not a stupid question, orcinus. It's a very valid one. Why would you propose a scenario that one of {rift, crabd} is scum and then tell me you're just gonna sheep rift's read of me? That makes no sense!

Your answer to 2 completely ignores the context of the situation. Going into night one, there was no vig claim on the table. A SK's smartest move is to act like a vig in this case. A scumgroup can kill a weaker PL kind of player and setup a vig claim in case of tracker/watcher N1 yes. Been there, seen that. (offsite)

Regarding shadi, you flat out told me my townread is wrong, but then you drop everything to tunnel rift and I, so yeah, I want to see if you have a case, because A: It helps me sort you depending on how fair your case is and B: If it has something I missed, it might make me re-consider my read on shadi as well. It's not diverting when YOU told me you'd make a case. Just like you said you'd make a bulba case. We keep getting promises of cases that don't happen.

Re: 4, I was debating just putting "No, you're dumb" but I figured i'd be civil about it. It is a rejection though, so you're right about that part.

And for 5, Post Hoc is a valid type of analysis used in several scientific fields, so it's not really a logical fallacy to me. Mafia is a game of finding patterns after shit happens, so telling me it's a logical error to do analysis there is like telling me not to play the game.

6 was a reply to the line about "deliberate obtuseness" not the fact that you think there's scum between rift and I.

7 you're ignoring my point here. If {cabd, orci, bro, rift} were doctor targets, and {cabd, orci, bro, rift, calcifer, zdenek} were the remaining "top tier" players, why does it not make sense for scum to shoot away from the doctor?

8 No shit it's a content less rejection. Your case on them is utter shit.

9 I wanted to see how you shape the points against you, because I need to re-sort you. I'm not sure if you're scum trying to push my mislynch or town wrongly convinced I'm scum, but I need to figure that shit out.

10 Your day one in AMOL was fairly active enough, unless I'm forgetting something. Also, I don't think you scumslipped in xenoblade like at all, but it's still a game I'd use to do comparisons.

11 See the second paragraph of 2 above. Actually, I'll copy paste. It's not diverting when YOU told me you'd make a case. Just like you said you'd make a bulba case. We keep getting promises of cases that don't happen.
In post 4198, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:
In post 4155, KingCrabd wrote:L-1 actually, but it appears orci has no internet. Rift? Any objections to hammering? This day isn't going anywhere.
obviously i disliked this
You're the one that told us that if you didn't post that night you wouldn't make it back by deadline?
In post 4126, orcinus_theoriginal wrote: (If I don't post tonight just assume I don't have Internet and so I won't be back by day end)

In post 4200, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:
In post 180, KingCrabd wrote:
In post 177, Mac wrote: there was something else that caught my eye on a brief skin of the 8 pages:
In post 131, KingCrabd wrote:Nulls:
Krab person (cabd?) - why did you feel the need to seperate orc for not having enough posts from everyone else who don't have enough posts? I found this kinda bizarre behaviour.
It's weird to see him NOT super hyperactive, after seeing his play in other games. I felt it needed more distinction, hence "not enough posts yet", because orci usually has walls up by now.
where have you seen me walling

like am i so oxygen-deprived right now that i don't even remember my own playstyle
By walls, I don't mean "huge walls of text per posts" I mean "half the posts on the page are orci posts."
In post 4201, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:cabd's posts has a very different vibe from xenoblade

here it's a lot of questions (even when he's trying to make a point) and that gives his ISO a weird feel

in xenoblade it was a lot more "here is what is happening you are scum because this", very certain, very in control

I don't know if I'm picking at straws here but I'm just going through this game picking up every little thing right now and sorting it out later
I felt on top of the world in xenoblade. And then it came crashing down when, you know, most of my reads were shit and I only had really "gotten" 1 or 2 of the 6. Hell, I hard-defended ffery the entire first day and mollie had to threaten to kill me to make me see ffery-scum. That showed me I needed to do more of my own groundwork, and ask my own questions. I was on so many mislynches that game, and like no scum lynches. One helluva wakeup call.
In post 4203, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:
In post 3866, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:
In post 3850, KingCrabd wrote:
In post 3846, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:His questioning+discussion driving seems a tad less coherent than xenoblade
Xenoblade was my first "real" game here. Do you really not expect me to have learned from it? Not to mention, the awkward way I've been stuck in a hydra with one head means I can't just post like mad from my phone like I did in xenoblade. I may replace out into cabd proper if he doesn't show soon. I had to play day two solo.

But define coherent. Because you worry me as much as I worry you, apparently. You've been spot on on calling alignments of both lynched players well in advance of their wagon picking up steam, and in the case of Nero, well before the rest of us realized it. And stevie too.

As ffery might say: "/paranoia"
this is stupid ms is so ridiculously slow right now

the first two sentences doesn't make sense to me. why would you 'learn' from your towngame to be less coherent?

i may be misremembering here but have you ever even mentioned your hydra buddy in all of day 2? it seems to me like you would want to talk to him about this game if you were town.

you don't worry about me or at least not from what i've seen so that seems a bit off

i laugh whenever people call me scum for opposing lynch wagons that end up being on town. i read nero correctly in last game, i've stated why i think bulbacase was water, and...what the hell is this about stevie?? i've been okay with lynching him...

oh yeah nightkills also implicate you but i'm not going to nkspec on day 3 i hate that shit

pedit: holy shit by the way this whole ban-MS business is fucking retarded
this is unreplied to
I answered this above. I had to adjust my towngame to do my own work, because my reads in xeno were bad, and my votes were bad.

I don't remember if I posted about it or not, but King's laptop went to the tech heap pile in the sky. So he's been forced to talk about the game with me in short bursts, so I'm mostly flying solo here. He's made like one or two posts since, and his new laptop arrived last week, but he's currently at the pokemon world championships, because he's one of the best players in the world (good luck buddy) but that's irrelevant to the game so yeah? We talk, but he's very much a passive partner.

I do worry about you, it was a very light personal paranoia, but this blowup today kinda makes it worse. Especially now that I look at it, you say you're not gonna do NKspec "but it implicates you" but then you had no problem doing it later today.
In post 4206, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:
In post 591, GoodCop_BadCop wrote:Can you explain your Nero case? What has changed since your early read?

Your reads list said:
In post 566, Selkies wrote:Nero Cain (he recovered a little from our early scum read, but has mostly faded into the woodwork lately)
What exactly did you mean by fading into the woodwork?

~C
i remember talking to fery about how this was a useless question

or maybe i didn't but i definitely thought it at the time

i'm thinking whether or not scum-cabd's meta is to ask pointless questions for the sake of appearing to contribute

because i saw that a few times in tht recent x-examination with me
That question was actually fairly useful, it was intended to see how you'd evaluate the staleness of Nero's read. Well I say you but I mean ffery. That has nothing to do with this game, though, and you characterizing my questions here as useless is pretty wonky.
In post 4208, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:
In post 3291, KingCrabd wrote:{spice, ank, bulba, Hollywood, maonic, stevie} maybe?

Both the townreads in that list have a positive utility to their death. Maonic immediately 120% confotowns serene and proves the mason claim that some people seem to be doubting. Spice because metal sonic all over again.
hmm.
Already covered this, orc. At the time I thought it was a good idea. After posting that it was thoroughly explained why that was a bad idea, and I removed it from consideration. In fact you already asked this question sort of and I already gave this response.
In post 4210, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:reading through newbie 1367, scumcabd distances his buddies like fuck

so unless he seriously stepped up his game i'm guessing that if he is scum he is not scum with shadi

which makes me feel a bit better about the whole cabd/shadi interaction

because the thing is cabd started out by hardtowning shadi and then did a 180 and scumread him, and then after what I thought was a pretty weak gambit especially considering how much it's been overused, basically thought shadi as contown

the whole thing read as a bit off to me but I guess if cabd/shadi isn't a team that kills the suspicion there a little

ugh but i really hate using newbie games as meta basis

cabd's proactiveness is somewhere between his scumgames and xenoblade and that's just a little ew

stay tuned
Did you actually read it, or are you just saying you did? I hardbussed my buddy in like his FIRST FUCKING POST. Like page two I called out his scumslip and told him better luck next time. There's no way you missed that. Unless you literally just skipped the entirity of day one, it would have been impossible to miss, because it was that post by me that yanked the rug out from RVS.
In post 4214, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:shadi took EIGHT MINUTES to post his readlist in that stupid gambit on 143

how the fuck does that conftown him

cabd is not this retarded
You're creating a false situation of {cabd isn't retarded, therefore cabd is scum} here and that's rather petty of you. 8 minutes is about the amount of time it might take to prepare a quick and dirty reads list. Which is exactly what 3570 was.
In post 4215, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:
In post 419, KingCrabd wrote:
In post 418, Rift Adrift wrote:
In post 412, KingCrabd wrote:
In post 393, ProHawk wrote:
In post 389, KingCrabd wrote:
I was wondering how long it would take you to revert back to your classic day one play, hawk. I'd usually say you're town for it, but the delayed timing makes it seem forced, kind of like you're trying to invoke your townmeta. Furthermore, do you intend to tell me that my vote served no use? It made it apparent we had a player actively lurking, that is, watching the thread but not posting.

dramonic seems to be set on saying absolutely nothing of value.
You seem a bit more annoyed than normal and, this is quite unlike your town-meta response... soo?

But... going back and reading your post in question it appears you had Dramonic in your scum-pile you had just put a ton of empty lines in between so I missed it and what I was seeing as scummy was a mistake on my part.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: BROsideon
A certain head in this hydra is annoyed by just about anything, could explain meta variance.

Other head needs to get back from dinner so we can convene on a view on this interesting conversation about Doc here
How's this coming along?
I got back from dinner, but he was asleep/offline. We're in different time zones, etc. Also he's not able to stay up very late. We'll geetcha an answer once I get to sit down with him. Which will be tomorrow. You know how that is, what with time zones sucking.
deja vu from some of the stuff gcbc posted that was exactly among the same lines but i'm not too sure how indicative that is
That first post is by King, the second one is by Me, and we're explaining the differences. King is like.... 15 years old and still in school, and on the east coast. Often times when I get home from work, he's getting ready for bed. 6PM here is 9PM there.
In post 4216, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:Prohawk looked like he was on the verge of making a case on cabd. Since he had extensive meta knowledge of cabd that could've been dangerous

he never mentioned rift adrift or fery
Uh, so now scumcabd killed prhawk and not TIP? But I thought TIP was the Mattp of this game? You're trying to fit the evidence to the conclusion you want to be true, orcinus.
In post 4219, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:i'm not saying shadi is scum for it

i'm just saying like i always have that hardtowning shadi for that oneeeeee shitty reaction test makes no sense

he could've read the last few pages in the thread in that 8 minutes and realized cabd was bullshitting

this reminds me of gcbc claiming guilty on us when his watch didn't get through

cabd misses obvious shit (obvious from a town viewpoint that is) as scum

why wasn't his first thought a scum roleblock?

it's the same principle here
Maybe, juuuust maybe, I have other reasons I'm not going to share for finding shadi super likely to be town.
In post 4221, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:
In post 4007, KingCrabd wrote:Rift, I wanted to go over potential vig shortlist and etc, but reading up and it seems sorting out this mess is priority number one now.
i love the inactivity from cabd that followed this post
So now we're using inactivity as a tell, eh? Because like, I dunno if i posted it here or in one of my other games, but like.... I had family returning from a huge trip, and a shitton of meetings and like... Holy shit i went from having two games to like ten what did i do to myself on top of that. So now I have to prioritize between multiple simultanius games, which is new and WEIRD.
In post 4238, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:okay

it's almost midnight and 3300 altitude and fuck everyone i've spent too long on this already

i have not done extensive work on fery's side of the board but i feel like that is unnecessary

i am getting good vibes from her again. i am remembering how we don't often click inthread especially in our other games (i skimmed BSG) and i know we don't think along the same lines often from our hydra play. i do not think scum fery would be trying to lead town this hard

i am liking cabd for scum. the two things i have not mentioned yet because it's just very subtle things inthread that i'd have to quote a lot of shit for are
1) his lines of questioning don't seem coherent (especially his examinations with me)
2) his d3 reaction to my suspicion sucked and did not seem genuine
he is exhibiting a lot of deliberate stupidity that i associate with scum and even though there is definitely a difference between this game and his newbie, fuck newbies.

HOWEVER i am going to admit right now that a lot of my suspicion ORIGINATED from the nightkills. Cabd made a good point that i didn't recognize yet in that I actually called for cabd/rift to be protected so that might actually be a point in that direction

that being said upon ISOing fery is looking like town and a lot of things with cabd just isn't adding up

i would now like to leave this thread for fery and cabd and ceph needs to answer the question i asked (why'd you disappear)

BYE
You've gone to one of {rift, cabd} is scum to {cabd is scum} when you promised to work on both of us, then you give a vague comment about how ffery is giving you good vibes. You do realize this looks like you had already decided I was scum when you made the staement about ffry and I right? I really don't get how you call my lines of interaction with you "not coherent" but we need to work each other out anyways.

TL;DR:
I'm honestly not sure if you're scum with an agenda to get my mislynch, or if you're town who is convinced I'm scum and just really want me to be scum. But either way I'm not scum.
Serene
Serene
Mafia Scum
Serene
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4272 (ISO) » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:30 pm

Post by Serene »

Jesus Kind Crabd

You need to learn not to argue with scum. He already knows you're town.
Rift Adrift
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4273 (ISO) » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:39 pm

Post by Rift Adrift »

For me, this is usually the day my reads start to fall apart and I lose sight of all the reasons I've read people as town. I joke about it, but it's there in my day 3/4 posts in nearly every game I play unless something crazy happens. I know this about my game and I can to some extent prepare and mitigate, but it's still there.

Orcinus, Syr will cheerily hunt you down if we're dead after tonight and you go after Cabd tomorrow when we've got players like Ceph, jon, baezu, etc left to sort. Syryana's happy Cabd is town. I'm back to happy you're town. So don't fuck it up, guys.

Babel-17
Serene
Serene
Mafia Scum
Serene
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4274 (ISO) » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:49 pm

Post by Serene »

Rift, just hammer.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”