Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #2075 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:30 am

Post by Amrun »

In post 1999, No Brains Here wrote:
In post 1998, Amrun wrote:The thing about omgl is not true. If I were scum in a game, and had a traitor that did that at anything but L-1, I'd think they were fucking terrible and be pissed.
why do you sound like petulant scum right now?
I don't, and this is post is stupid. It is totally logical for scum to argue about suspicions being thrown towards a vig that's already fucked if he's scum. Yeah. That's how I would play this as scum. Yup.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #2076 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:42 am

Post by Amrun »

Jesus fuck, if we can get a consensus I'll be happy.

VOTE: Titus

I express my extreme unhappiness at the sangres kill and unwilling to be leashed OMGL.

For the last fucking time, flavor is irrelevant.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2077 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:48 am

Post by ActionDan »

I like where my vote is
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2078 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:52 am

Post by PeregrineV »

@Amrun- Quickly, who is town?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Sugar Cain
Sugar Cain
Goon
Sugar Cain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2079 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:56 am

Post by Sugar Cain »

vote:Titus
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2080 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:09 am

Post by ActionDan »

In post 2078, PeregrineV wrote:@Amrun- Quickly, who is town?
really?
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2081 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:11 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Alright, digging in. Page 22. Going to go workout, come back, shower, and finish up.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #2082 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:14 am

Post by Titus »

In post 2076, Amrun wrote:Jesus fuck, if we can get a consensus I'll be happy.

I express my extreme unhappiness at the sangres kill and unwilling to be leashed OMGL.

Flavor wouldn't be totally irrelevant when the host recommended players be familiar with the TV show Walking Dead.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2083 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:25 am

Post by Toogeloo »

In post 2026, No Brains Here wrote:that is exactly what I am saying.

you said earlier in the day round that the rifleshot was most likely the govner and the SK could be shane. are you backpedaling on that?

and merle wasn't just antagonistic he outright tried to kill them for the majority of the series. he beat the shit out of glen, fondled maggie, tried to rape and kill michonne. and you now want to change your mind after saying that merle was likely a SK to saying that he is now somehow town aligned. what changed your mind?
I meant a Traitor to the Mafia, as in He leaves the Mafia to join Town, which in this game DNE. I never said Shane was an SK. I said Shane could be a Hated Townie, a Miller, or a Godfather. I said if there was an SK, I would believe it to be Shane. I also said I thought the Majiffy kill was probably Mafia and the Trust Fund kill was probably SK, and explained my reasoning (using flavor) for that some time ago at the beginning of the day.

The only person I have outed on purpose, and for flavor only, was Amrun (Glenn). I feel like you are still obstinately holding on to the idea that you are the only town sided killing mechanic, when in reality, all you are is someone who unreliably manipulates the independent killing mechanic alongside other players who more than likely also do the same thing. Your's is more offensive, but there could just as easily be, I dunno, "Distractors" out there that can use their ability to protect certain players, etc...

You are town, but good lord you can be obstinate. OGML is town as well. He is the actual vig (Third party has no business even worrying about perspective slips or claiming Vig).

MattP is town for his gambit, and he seems like the only other player who "gets it."

Amrun is town cuz she's my Glennie-poo.

I have slight town leans on Desperado, Sugar Cain, GuyInFreezer, and Thor. Good solid base to eliminate and hunt scum out of the remaining players.

Vote: Titus
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2084 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:26 am

Post by Toogeloo »

EBWOP:
In post 2083, Toogeloo wrote:I never said
Merle
was an SK. I said
Merle
could be a Hated Townie, a Miller, or a Godfather. I said if there was an SK, I would believe it to be Shane. I also said I thought the Majiffy kill was probably Mafia and the Trust Fund kill was probably SK, and explained my reasoning (using flavor) for that some time ago at the beginning of the day.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #2085 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:37 am

Post by Amrun »

Quickly, are you past page 2 yet?
In post 2082, Titus wrote:

Flavor wouldn't be totally irrelevant when the host recommended players be familiar with the TV show Walking Dead.
Yes, it would. Flavor is always irrelevant, all the time. 100%.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #2086 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:52 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 1522, sangres wrote:Mastin, ISO AJ in the Xenoblade game. Tell me what you think.
Remind me to do this later. At the moment, too lazy. :P In the mean time, if it's that critical, you can tell me what I'm supposed to be looking for there, compared to what I'm supposed to be looking for here. (Presumably, you have Aj as a townread. I'm actually willing to trust that, but I'd like an explanation.)
In post 1584, sangres wrote:Mastin I feel like you're trying to get inside my head here. It makes me a little nervous.
Nacho, you might require a QT to be a Mindreader when it comes to me, but I know you well enough that I don't require a QT to get inside YOURS. :P Just because we're not hydra'ing
this
game doesn't mean we can't effectively be hydra'ing. :P
In post 2066, sangres wrote:That being said, I don't really like the strong townread on me without actually working with me, but that more of a minor worry that will be smoothed out as mastin eases himself into the game.
Nacho, you underestimate your ability to make yourself conftown. :P Like, seriously. How could I
not
have a townread on you? I may not have worked with ya, but you were posting plenty, so you might as well have been working with me. Seriously. This is the town-you. It's about as obvious as it gets.

That said, I would find it easier to ease into the game if we were posting less often. :P I generally am a busy man, and typically only post 1-3 times a day. It's easier for me to work with people on a similar activity level. Posting 30 times a day or posting once every three days; both are equally difficult as far as I'm concerned. (Or, worst, the ones who cycle between the two. :P) The middle-ground is ideal.
In post 1527, Ellibereth wrote:yo mastin
dis meta
wut game
Gonna have to be more specific; meta on which player? :P I used meta in a lot of my reads. Including ActionDan. (But we'll get to that in a bit.)
In post 1580, ActionDan wrote:What Mastin's post does:
blahblahblah
Together [these actions] play into the claimed narrative of working from the 'protect town' perspective more than feels necessary.
You're missing the true point of that post, AD. The point of that post was to tell a joke, while giving content. The entirety of that post was meant to be forming the townbloc, and then delivering the punchline about how I was outside of it. I ended up not having enough names in my townbloc, forcing me to improvise some scumhunting to flesh out the townbloc some more. Heck, I wasn't even planning on originally having ANYTHING in there about my scumreads, wanting to do that in a separate post, even though I had always planned to end that post voting for you. The price I pay for setting up a good joke... :P

Now, to offer a proper explanation for my AD scumread, to borrow a bit from more arrogant scumhunters, the reason I'm voting him is that he's scum. :P Simple as that. But since y'all need more than that, AD's posts here are a dead-ringer for Pinkmin Mafia, and do not have that feeling of pro-townness that I remember coming from him in whatever game(s) I saw him as town in. (I recall there being at least one or two, but heck if I remember which games they are. :P) Furthermore, beyond the meta, there's the (lack of) content in them; his posting is largely shallow and empty. Heck, his entire reason for voting me is very largely OMGUS in nature, because I voted him. Of all my scumreads, none are stronger than my scumread on him.
In post 1962, MattP wrote:VOTE: Bork
He had too much inside knowledge about all of this.
Right idea, wrong player. If you want to look at a player who knows too much, I present to you...Action Dan.
In post 1909, ActionDan wrote:Nvm this is fucking dumb
However: There is more than meets the eye. Zombies are easily fooled, tricked, or manipulated due to their lack of intelligence, and there may or may not be external factors that can change the outcome of the mechanic. These factors may or may not come from certain players that will have special, unique, and new roles that will specifically interact with the mechanic to try and use it to their advantage. A mechanic that may look random may not be so random after all.
But FAR more importantly, this:
In post 1932, ActionDan wrote:I think the "not controlled by any player" means no one player IS the zombie hoard or aligned with them. "Controlled" is the operative word here and I'm not sure it was meant in sense of players not being able to "control" or influence the zombie hoard's kill(s).
Why is this so important? Because it reeks of him knowing what NBH claims here:
In post 1957, No Brains Here wrote:Our ability is herd. We can try to herd the zombie horde to our target, no guarantee this will work. And dear god forgive me, I just noticed - there is a note saying that we may or may not be the sole proprietors of this power.
...BEFORE they had claimed it. Meaning, he already knew. Meaning, he had access to that information. Meaning, he's scum. There's nothing obvtown about AD's posting during that timeframe. Quite the opposite; he's showing his scum wincon as clear as day. Read all his posts during that timeframe, too. They REEK of knowing too much, and where he shows "confusion" looks INCREDIBLY faked. All the while, it seems like he's not trying to figure things out (he already knows), but rather, trying to figure out how to best manipulate this to his advantage. In fact, look at this.
In post 2034, ActionDan wrote:well also NBH role does prevent random kills by 3rd party zombie hoard so it's stronger than you give it credit for.
Where did NBH claim this piece of info? I don't recall seeing it from them at all. Mesthinks that AD knows something about the zombie hoard that the down does not.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2087 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:57 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 2080, ActionDan wrote:
really?
Not ActionDan. Amrun.
And yes.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2088 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:59 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 2085, Amrun wrote:Quickly, are you on day 2 yet?
FTFY

And yes. Day1 will have to be isos and rebacks.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2089 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:02 am

Post by Venmar »

Metal Sonic has replaced Pitoli, thanks Metal! Everyone welcome him.
I swear I'm trying my best

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2090 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:06 am

Post by sangres »

In post 2086, mastin2 wrote:
In post 1522, sangres wrote:Mastin, ISO AJ in the Xenoblade game. Tell me what you think.
Remind me to do this later. At the moment, too lazy. :P In the mean time, if it's that critical, you can tell me what I'm supposed to be looking for there, compared to what I'm supposed to be looking for here. (Presumably, you have Aj as a townread. I'm actually willing to trust that, but I'd like an explanation.)
Yeah we are both leaning a little town on AJ. I did a pretty extensive meta dive on AJ looking for evidence that his play in Xenoblade wasn't town because Nacho sent me off on a wild goose chase in that game. He
was
town.
In post 1584, sangres wrote:Mastin I feel like you're trying to get inside my head here. It makes me a little nervous.
Nacho, you might require a QT to be a Mindreader when it comes to me, but I know you well enough that I don't require a QT to get inside YOURS. :P Just because we're not hydra'ing
this
game doesn't mean we can't effectively be hydra'ing. :P
That was my (ffery's) post. I felt like you were buddying me specifically via build-townbloc strategy. Nacho and I talked this morning and I'm ok with this now.
In post 2066, sangres wrote:That being said, I don't really like the strong townread on me without actually working with me, but that more of a minor worry that will be smoothed out as mastin eases himself into the game.
Nacho, you underestimate your ability to make yourself conftown. :P Like, seriously. How could I
not
have a townread on you? I may not have worked with ya, but you were posting plenty, so you might as well have been working with me. Seriously. This is the town-you. It's about as obvious as it gets.

That said, I would find it easier to ease into the game if we were posting less often. :P I generally am a busy man, and typically only post 1-3 times a day. It's easier for me to work with people on a similar activity level. Posting 30 times a day or posting once every three days; both are equally difficult as far as I'm concerned. (Or, worst, the ones who cycle between the two. :P) The middle-ground is ideal.
We'll be posting a lot less real soon!
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2091 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:14 am

Post by Aj The Epic »

As I've said multiple times, my play is fairly hard to pick by alignment, but it gets very shaky the larger the game becomes. To date, I have yet to have a really good large game without guidance, and the only one that was decent was the game where T-bone and I were mason vigs. That's why I very rarely play these, I need practice but can't be relied on. As it goes, I feel like I've got a fair grasp of this game right now, but at this point in smaller games, I'd hopefully feel like I was close to figuring it out.
No Brains Here
No Brains Here
Goon
No Brains Here
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2092 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:20 am

Post by No Brains Here »

In post 2030, sangres wrote:
In post 1449, No Brains Here wrote:
In post 1437, sangres wrote:I won't vote RedCoyote, NBH, ActionDan, MattP, and Sugar Cain in that list meaning our pool is looking more like:

PV, mastin2, AJ, Ellibereth, GiF. Don't want to vote Ellibereth that much today but he has to do something soon. I'll talk it over with ffery later and get back to you with a nice healthy wagon.
why are you staying away from us nacho?
I'm trying to sort out Thor. If you want to talk to me, then come talk to me.
:/

we did exchange some posts after I posted this. everything was peachy. do you not remember?
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2093 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:23 am

Post by Venmar »

Votecount 2.10

[L-10] Metal Sonic:

[L-10] RedCoyote:

[L-8]
Amrun:
No Brains Here, borkjerfkin

:right:
[L-4]
Titus:
Aj the Epic, Mattp, OhGodMyLife, Amrun, Sugar Cain, Toogeloo

[L-10] Desperado:

[L-10] borkjerfkin:

[L-10] PeregrineV:

[L-9]
Mastin2:
ActionDan

[L-9]
OhGodMyLife:
Titus

[L-10] Aj the Epic:

[L-10] No Brains Here:

[L-10] Toogeloo:

[L-7]
Ellibereth:
Thor665, Desperado, Sangres

[L-9]
ActionDan:
Mastin2

[L-10] Mattp:

[L-10] Sangres:

[L-10] Thor665:

[L-10] GuyInFreezer:

[L-10] Sugar Cain:

Not Voting (5):
  • Metal Sonic, RedCoyote, PeregrineV, GuyInFreezer, Ellibereth
Deadline:
  • Friday, August 16th, 2013
Mod Notes:
  • With 19 alive, it takes 10 to lynch.
  • Mattp is V/LA until August 9th I believe.
  • GuyInFreezer is V/LA until 8/5 ( should be getting off V/LA now )
  • Amrun and Mastin2 are V/LA on Weekends.

In post 2054, sangres wrote:
Venmar: VC is incorrect.
- How so, would've been nice to tell me what was wrong.
Last edited by Venmar on Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2094 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:24 am

Post by sangres »

In post 2092, No Brains Here wrote:
In post 1437, sangres wrote:I won't vote RedCoyote, NBH, ActionDan, MattP, and Sugar Cain in that list meaning our pool is looking more like:

PV, mastin2, AJ, Ellibereth, GiF. Don't want to vote Ellibereth that much today but he has to do something soon. I'll talk it over with ffery later and get back to you with a nice healthy wagon.

we did exchange some posts after I posted this. everything was peachy. do you not remember?
That was not nacho you were exchanging posts with last night.
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2095 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:26 am

Post by sangres »

In post 2093, Venmar wrote:- How so, would've been nice to tell me what was wrong.
Sorry. You had our vote on No Brains, I think. We have never voted them.
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2096 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:29 am

Post by Venmar »

In post 2095, sangres wrote:
In post 2093, Venmar wrote:- How so, would've been nice to tell me what was wrong.
Sorry. You had our vote on No Brains, I think. We have never voted them.
Ah, you're right, my bad. I fixed it on the previous VC ( 2.9 )

sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2097 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:34 am

Post by sangres »

In post 2092, No Brains Here wrote::/

sorry, was blackout
No Brains Here
No Brains Here
Goon
No Brains Here
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2098 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:37 am

Post by No Brains Here »

so if you don't like ogml then why are you voting titus? are you in a rush to get to the night round?

and the flavour is entirely relevant to pretend otherwise is scummy.
No Brains Here
No Brains Here
Goon
No Brains Here
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2099 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:38 am

Post by No Brains Here »

In post 2094, sangres wrote:
In post 2092, No Brains Here wrote:

those weren't the ones I was referring but nacho seems to know what I am talking about.

That was not nacho you were exchanging posts with last night.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”