Micro 214 -- Chosen Mafia (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
runnerman
runnerman
Goon
runnerman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:50 am

Post by runnerman »

choo choo all aboard!
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:41 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Vote Count 1 - 1

• runnerman
    (3) (
    Narrow
    - Alexcellent - Amrun - Narrow)[/size]

Alexcellent
    (2) (
    Amrun
    - JKMatthews - hohum)

OhGodMLife
    (1) (F-16_Fighting_Falcon -
    JKMatthews
    -
    Narrow
    )

F-16_Fighting_Falcon
    (1) (runnerman)

JKMatthews
    (0) (
    Alexcellent
    )

Narrow
    (0) (
    runnerman
    )

hohum
    (0) (
    Amrun
    )

Not Voting
    (2) (
    F-16_Fighting_Falcon
    -
    JKMatthews
    -
    runnerman
    -
    hohum
    - Gofarman -
    Narrow
    -
    Alexcellent
    - OhGodMyLife -
    Amrun
    )
With nine alive, it takes five to lynch.
Current Deadline:
(expired on 2013-08-26 11:17:00)
Last edited by RedCoyote on Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
JKMatthews
JKMatthews
Goon
JKMatthews
Goon
Goon

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:44 pm

Post by JKMatthews »

So with 2 players having not posted yet I'm hesitant to vote runnerman, but yeah I'd be happy for my vote to be there otherwise...
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:52 pm

Post by Alexcellent »

So non-commital...
JKMatthews
JKMatthews
Goon
JKMatthews
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:02 pm

Post by JKMatthews »

Oh hey, my primary scum read is implying I should move my vote onto someone and put them at L-1 with a big chance of early hammer! What to do...
runnerman
runnerman
Goon
runnerman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:17 pm

Post by runnerman »

In post 54, JKMatthews wrote:Oh hey, my primary scum read is implying I should move my vote onto someone and put them at L-1 with a big chance of early hammer! What to do...
An actual villager wouldn't be so lax in his opinion. What villager would need to think about this? ^

My wagon formed so fast and enthousiastically, it has to have attracted scum. I think we got one here.
JKMatthews
JKMatthews
Goon
JKMatthews
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:19 pm

Post by JKMatthews »

What exactly about my opinion that Alex is scum trying to mislead me onto your wagon is lax?
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:23 pm

Post by Alexcellent »

In post 54, JKMatthews wrote:Oh hey, my primary scum read is implying I should move my vote onto someone and put them at L-1 with a big chance of early hammer! What to do...
I would understand this mindset more if we were in a newbie game. It’s a small chance at best, and if someone quickhammers and runnerman flips town then we’ll probably know who the scum is.
Narrow
Narrow
Townie
Narrow
Townie
Townie

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:24 pm

Post by Narrow »

In post 55, runnerman wrote:
An actual villager wouldn't be so lax in his opinion. What villager would need to think about this? ^

My wagon formed so fast and enthousiastically, it has to have attracted scum. I think we got one here.
In post 57, Alexcellent wrote:
I would understand this mindset more if we were in a newbie game. It’s a small chance at best, and if someone quickhammers and runnerman flips town then we’ll probably know who the scum is.
Narrow
Narrow
Townie
Narrow
Townie
Townie

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:27 pm

Post by Narrow »

:facepalm:

That wasn't supposed to happen.

runnerman, an actual villager wouldn't be so lax about the formation of his wagon. For instance, yours. It wasn't as though your wagon formed without a reason, yet you ignored the reasons people gave as they ignored you, and you're
still
on what is apparently an RVS vote.

Alexcellent, you're gambling a whole lot on this "probably" qualifier.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:28 pm

Post by Amrun »

Runnerman, what is your mafia experience?
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
runnerman
runnerman
Goon
runnerman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:54 am

Post by runnerman »

I have played for many years on a poker forum with the same core group of people (and some newcomers while others leave, the usual). I am known as one of the stronger players and my playstyle I mostly based on people reads rather than the way it is played on mafiascum here, which I would describe more as looking for behavioral patterns. It's a bit weird to get used to how everyone plays here but I'm learning.
runnerman
runnerman
Goon
runnerman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:11 am

Post by runnerman »

In post 59, Narrow wrote:runnerman, an actual villager wouldn't be so lax about the formation of his wagon. For instance, yours. It wasn't as though your wagon formed without a reason, yet you ignored the reasons people gave as they ignored you, and you're
still
on what is apparently an RVS vote.
Are you joking or something? What reasons did people give? I didn't see anything. From my pov it seemed ridiculous and I felt like, whatever, I'm a villager so if you want to waste a lynch on me go ahead.

Also what is RVS? And V/LA I keep seeing mentioned?
runnerman
runnerman
Goon
runnerman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:13 am

Post by runnerman »

Also

UNVOTE:

VOTE: JKMatthews

He looks like a wolf to me. Or as you guys say here, scum.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:19 am

Post by F-16_Fighting_Falcon »

In post 47, runnerman wrote:Because he is only made one post and the first day we need to hear from everyone? MAfia 101?

Amrun conveniently wagoning is noted.
I don't follow the logic here. Can you elaborate?
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:39 am

Post by Amrun »

Falcon, answer my question to you?

Runnerman, what do you mean by "looking for people reads?"
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Narrow
Narrow
Townie
Narrow
Townie
Townie

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:18 am

Post by Narrow »

In post 62, runnerman wrote:Are you joking or something? What reasons did people give? I didn't see anything. From my pov it seemed ridiculous and I felt like, whatever, I'm a villager so if you want to waste a lynch on me go ahead.

RVS is "random voting stage." That's a misnomer, but it's a phase in the early game where people throw out votes, for silly reasons or otherwise, as an icebreaker. V/LA is "vacation/limited access"; if one expects to be away from the game for 48 hours or more, one can say that one is V/LA until whatever day and one's absence would be noted.

I thought Amrun had attached a reason, and apparently she didn't. Welp. I gave one, though, and you didn't answer it -- you'd accused Amrun of "conveniently wagoning" in post 47, but you hadn't batted an eye when I did the same thing to OhGodMyLife in post 11.
runnerman
runnerman
Goon
runnerman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:59 am

Post by runnerman »

In post 64, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
In post 47, runnerman wrote:Because he is only made one post and the first day we need to hear from everyone? MAfia 101?

Amrun conveniently wagoning is noted.
I don't follow the logic here. Can you elaborate?
Mafia 101, I mean that we just need to get everyone involved in the conversation so I vote for people that have been silent. My point of view on this is the same as in the reply below:
In post 65, Amrun wrote:Falcon, answer my question to you?

Runnerman, what do you mean by "looking for people reads?"
If everyone posts their thinking very openly like I am trying to do now then it will become harder for scum to keep up their deception.
In post 66, Narrow wrote:
In post 62, runnerman wrote:Are you joking or something? What reasons did people give? I didn't see anything. From my pov it seemed ridiculous and I felt like, whatever, I'm a villager so if you want to waste a lynch on me go ahead.

RVS is "random voting stage." That's a misnomer, but it's a phase in the early game where people throw out votes, for silly reasons or otherwise, as an icebreaker. V/LA is "vacation/limited access"; if one expects to be away from the game for 48 hours or more, one can say that one is V/LA until whatever day and one's absence would be noted.

I thought Amrun had attached a reason, and apparently she didn't. Welp. I gave one, though, and you didn't answer it -- you'd accused Amrun of "conveniently wagoning" in post 47, but you hadn't batted an eye when I did the same thing to OhGodMyLife in post 11.
Thanks.
JKMatthews
JKMatthews
Goon
JKMatthews
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:56 pm

Post by JKMatthews »

In post 63, runnerman wrote:Also

UNVOTE:

Chaiiiinssawwwww.
Alex and runnerman are scum. GGs?

What exactly about me looks lupine? You say people should be open with their thinking so scum can't keep up deception, but the reason you give for your vote is that I look scummy...?
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:13 pm

Post by Alexcellent »

In post 68, JKMatthews wrote:
In post 63, runnerman wrote:Also

UNVOTE:

Chaiiiinssawwwww.
Alex and runnerman are scum. GGs?
Terrible, just terrible. Grasp for even more straws.

@Runnerman - Why the vote on JKMatthews?
JKMatthews
JKMatthews
Goon
JKMatthews
Goon
Goon

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:20 pm

Post by JKMatthews »

Convenient that you didn't actually quote my whole post that explains why I'm reading it as chainsaw.
Combine runnerman saying everyone should be open with runnerman voting me without giving a reason and it seems like a semi-reasonable call to make. Explain to me how it's grasping at straws? I mean my fake cocky bullshit might be annoying, but how is the argument terrible?
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:24 pm

Post by Amrun »

Runnerman, you mean everyone should be open like you and say "I think this guy looks like scum?" Wow, what a fascinating thought process...

Also if we could stop using chainsaw incorrectly, that would be great.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:37 pm

Post by Alexcellent »

Is not quoting an entire post by someone a scumtell now? I didn’t edit or alter your post in anyway, I just referenced one part of it. The fact that you even consider that to be a scumtell doesn't seem like you at all...
Could you explain in what way that it is a chainsaw defense? He did absolutely no defending except for throwing a vote at you because you apparently resemble a wolf – and he did it after I and other people started voting him. In what possible way is he defending me? The topic was on him, not you or me. He perhaps shifted his vote to you to throw heat off of him and side-track town (which is apparently working). If anything it’s more likely that the scum team is you and Runnerman.
He makes a god awful post along the lines of “Alex is scummy but I’m going to throw a random vote on Falcon for terrible reasons.” You make some post about being happy to vote for Runnerman if two other people hadn’t shown up yet. He’s now voting you for even worse reasons than his Falcon vote and you’re still throwing heat my way with this flimsy “chainsaw” defense accusation.
JKMatthews
JKMatthews
Goon
JKMatthews
Goon
Goon

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:43 pm

Post by JKMatthews »

I'm attacking Alex, so runnerman (his buddy) attacks me. Isn't that chainsaw? (genuine question, my definition could be off)

The reason it's a scumtell is because you said my argument was terrible while not quoting my actual argument.
And I'm throwing heat your way for
still not scumhunting
and being completely passive in your arguments, while trying to offhandedly dismiss everything I say by saying "terrible" or "you made some post" as though I don't have a solid argument.
You make some post about being happy to vote for Runnerman if two other people hadn’t shown up yet.
Are you saying it's not entirely valid to be concerned about a potential mislynch by one of the players who still isn't present?
Theory: scum are totally happy for this wagon to happen on runnerman because he's chosen. One comes in and "accidentally" lynches him, somehow squirms out of it day 2. I don't want that to happen. Trying to wave that off as invalid, or worse twist it as a scum tell, is mental.
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:54 pm

Post by Alexcellent »

My interactions with you I consider to be scumhunting, as I believe there’s a good chance you’re scum.
My vote and questions to Runnerman are scumhunting. Haven’t interacted with many others yet, but I’ll be able to post more after Friday as I’ll have a lot more time on my hands.

The logic of not wanting to put Runnerman at L-1 without two people being present is admittedly sound. And I usually follow that logic myself. But there’s something about your post that rubs me the wrong way that I don’t quite like though, and I’m not sure what it is. It might be the way that you sat back and agreed with everyone without taking action or questioning Runnerman at all. Maybe I’m tunnelling you without reason, but your play so far has come across as different.

If that’s a “chainsaw defense,” then it’s perhaps the weakest and worst excuse for one in the history of chainsaws and saw related power tools.

I’ll post more a little later in the day and address more points, but the woman that sits behind me keeps on glancing at my screen and sooner or later I’m afraid she’ll realise MafiaScum.net isn’t part of company software.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”