Mini 1468: Legends of the Hidden Temple- Game Over!

Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #3075 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:27 pm

Post by Amrun »

Yeah but I'm just saying I feel your pain, even if it's not EXACTLY the still. Similar.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #3076 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:27 pm

Post by Majiffy »

Meanwhile, on TR post-games...
Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart)
||
In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #3077 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:29 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Those are not the lies you are looking for you.

Oh I felt so bad for shoving GG and giving him a hard time.

I actually CRACKED UP when he posted that one thing that was like "There is a wind in the thread telling us to lynch Enomis...But should we trust it?"

That wind was totally me and I was totally not trustworthy.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #3078 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:31 pm

Post by Wisdom »

In post 3074, Majiffy wrote:
In post 3072, Wisdom wrote:Well I don't disagree with that. Venmar should have never challenged me.
You were town, yes?
YOU SHOULD HAVE CHALLENGED.
No. Unlike you, when I had a scumread, I wanted another of my scumreads to challenge it. More so in lylo.
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3079 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:32 pm

Post by Grimgroove »

Good game on scum's part, they beat town fair and square so none of them should feel bad or sorry for anything. pirate_mollie had me completely fooled, qwints beat me in a stand-off, my wariness of Angry Pidgeon's always been faded by well-placed remarks by himself as soon as the wariness was starting up, and Venmar was just really good in staying off the radar, also because so many townplayers decided to get on it. Myself for starters.

Town didn't play its best game I think.

Not going to bother with saying how I was right in certain reads, considering I changed my mind more often than I can count. In a way I think I did hold up rather well in this game, and my slot not getting lynched is a small light for me. I was particularly surprised practically nobody had me as obvtown after my QT-transcript (Wisdom most notably, like I said before we could have made a fine obvtownteam) and I don't understand Elyse's reasoning in lynching someone who is obvtown toh er just to save her ownh ide. Her post-game explanation of how it made me obvtown would have made just as much sense during the game, and she wouldn't have seemed scummier for it. The fact that my QT-transcrpit hardly convinced anyone was the biggest personal disappointment for me. Amrun's lynch was a sad story, but even in retrospect I don't think it was that uncalled for.

qwints is the only one in the scumteam I had a direct stand-off with, and he beat me. Also like I said during the game. I repeat my congratulatory remarks towards him, he did a good job of painting me off as scummy, though I also have myself to blame for that. I think I played this game rather too naively, and thought only scum would try to put me in a bad light given my transparent posting. Yet my posting was not transparent, posting everything you think is clearly not the way to go, at least not in games like this. Changing your mind is apparently a scumtell, something I had not realized.

I think there was more that could have been done. Like AngryPidgeon said, there should have been more townhunting.

Too bad I had to replace out (for which my apologies to the mod and other players, tbh, when I left for Egypt I was close to certain I'd be lynched so I was less motivated to begin finding internet cafés), but my replacement did really well. Not a small feat in such a big game. No point in saying what I would have done, there's no telling really at this point, only thing I know is qwints would have stayed on my radar.

But most importantly: I really did have fun this game. Thanks to all!
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #3080 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:36 pm

Post by Majiffy »

In post 3034, BeautyAndTheBeast wrote:
In post 3033, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 3021, pirate mollie wrote:but hai if you are going to pick a game to throw your meta go for the gold.
What was this in reference to?
using shouty font and scumming it up to majiffy
You think I take way too many more mental meta notes than I do.

I don't meta like you do.
In post 3078, Wisdom wrote: No. Unlike you, when I had a scumread, I wanted another of my scumreads to challenge it. More so in lylo.
That's really fucking stupid and the same reason I vote first in LYLO all the time.

Find your enemy; eliminate your enemy.

Reading the scum QT now for the MollieLulz. She told me she freaked out at some point in here...

||
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #3081 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:36 pm

Post by Wisdom »

In post 3079, Grimgroove wrote:and Venmar was just really good in staying off the radar,
venmar wasnt scum :p
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3082 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:38 pm

Post by Grimgroove »

Oh wait, Venmar isn't scum :mrgreen: Even fooled me post-game, that one.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #3083 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:43 pm

Post by Wisdom »

In post 3079, Grimgroove wrote:I think I played this game rather too naively, and thought only scum would try to put me in a bad light given my transparent posting. Yet my posting was not transparent, posting everything you think is clearly not the way to go, at least not in games like this. Changing your mind is apparently a scumtell, something I had not realized.
I still disagree with this. Becoming obvtown
is
the way to go in a nightless game, where scum have no way of getting rid of you. You did fine, and you were obvtown for me for the most part - but like you, I changed my mind a lot. My read changes on you however were not because of your play. It was that I was desperately searching for something that made sense and the case about your association with NS did. Seeing Amrun and Elyse flip town also made me wonder if you were really gaming me, because I was so certain about them like you were yet I saw them flipping town.

But no. You did good, and you did right in playing transparently. I don't think you should change that, especially in games like this.
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #3084 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:46 pm

Post by Majiffy »

Aww mollie you made the cutest comments in the QT!

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #3085 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:51 pm

Post by Majiffy »

I made nacho swear to be on standby for immediate first aid if majiffy gets really mad at me if we win. :(
Aww you know I'd never get mad at you over a game! :P

||
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #3086 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:54 pm

Post by Wisdom »

Don't see why people would hate you, mollie. You did pretty good at first faking the paranoia that I actually expected from you after Polygamy, and earned my early townread - you just didn't keep it up. After this and perpetual mylo however, I think I know how to spot your scumgame ;)
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #3087 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:03 pm

Post by Majiffy »

I think i am going to have to sub out
When was this?

||
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #3088 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:09 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

awwww i'm so proud
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #3089 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:13 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

i came in this thread to defend mollie from majiffy but it seems that's unnecessary
good work on being able to reanalyze quickly, jiffy. mollie fooled the hell out of me in popcorn but she didn't pull half the crap there as she did here. i haven't read the QT but I can only imagine.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #3090 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:15 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 3086, Wisdom wrote:Don't see why people would hate you, mollie. You did pretty good at first faking the paranoia that I actually expected from you after Polygamy, and earned my early townread - you just didn't keep it up. After this and perpetual mylo however, I think I know how to spot your scumgame ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTcu7MCtuTs
next time you go paranoid on mollie I'm plastering this quote everywhere ;)

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #3091 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:17 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 2985, AngryPidgeon wrote:Qwints, what is your read on me exactly?

If there are no scum in this lynch pool I'm going to shank Haschel for drawing this out.
i enjoyed this post a lot

qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3092 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:17 am

Post by qwints »

Grim, hope everything's well with you right now. You played fine. One thing that hurt you and a couple of other town players was our ability to force self-preservation votes. Amusingly, enomis seems to have been the only town in a town,town, scum scenario to have avoided being pushed into voting for the other town. You and elyse are where it worked best, when we somehow turned it into Grim v. Elyse.

By the way, I thought I gave the game away with this post:
In post 2924, qwints wrote:Looks like at least one of Majiffy/mollie is definitely scum, this doesn't seem like the right time for them to break their mutual town reads if they were both scum.

Majiffy has dominated the game in a way that hasn't helped town. Given his influence in the game, and the skill I normally see from him, I don't think we'd be where we were if he were town motivated.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Majiffy
which Wisdom immediately called out, but also which never led to anything.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3093 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:38 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

I think the town caused its own destruction here, though to be fair to the Mafia, I think I had only pirate_mollie caught.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3094 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:53 am

Post by Grimgroove »

In post 3092, qwints wrote:Grim, hope everything's well with you right now.
:mrgreen:
Yes yes, no worries.
You're definitely right about those self-preservation votes. But they're a psychologically sensible mistake. Avoiding getting yourself lynched seems the most sensible tyhing to do, given that's the only thing you can be truly certain of, namely that your lynch will be a mislynch.
But like I told Elyse in the dead QT, we should have both remained on you. Wisdom's switch onto me made me lose it a bit, I thought I had his townread on me secured even before my QT-transcript and expected the transcrpit to cement that. When I noticed the opposite happened I just adopted the "fuck it all"-attitude, which is always detrimental no matter which way you turn it.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #3095 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:39 am

Post by Amrun »

Grim:

When faced with your own lynch, "anyone that isn't me" lynch is usually optimal because at least they have a CHANCE to be scum.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #3096 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:47 am

Post by pirate mollie »

well it was nice to feel good about making it to endgame as scum for the first time on this site for a few hours at least.

itt the gm pretty much calls the scum team pitiful and the ever1 thinks I did a sucky job including 1 of my scummates. in my defense I just didn't want to interfere with the beautiful process of having majiffy do a better job of working towards my wc than I ever could.

there was 1 awsum moment though. getting strangcoug lynched on d1 when I thought he was the most level headed player in the game. that was pretty funny.

everything else was excruciating.
whew!
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #3097 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:52 am

Post by Amrun »

You survived to endgame and won. That's definitely something to feel good about! Don't let anyone tell you different.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #3098 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:00 am

Post by Haschel Cedricson »

In post 3096, pirate mollie wrote:well it was nice to feel good about making it to endgame as scum for the first time on this site for a few hours at least.

itt the gm pretty much calls the scum team pitiful and the ever1 thinks I did a sucky job including 1 of my scummates.
I'm not saying the scumteam was pitiful; I just think the town created an atmosphere that made the scumteam's job a lot easier than it needed to be. Wisdom summed it up best a few pages ago:
In post 3055, Wisdom wrote:But yeah, you can figure out by how town is trying to blame each other now, how bad this town was.
As for your play in particular, you did an excellent job of using the neighbor mechanic to get Majiffy on your side for most of the game and by the time he figured it out the town wanted to lynch him instead of you, so I wouldn't say you did a sucky job. Making it to the endgame is your win condition and you did that; that's a good job in my book.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #3099 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:02 am

Post by Wisdom »

^guess you meant to quote mollie

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”