Goon
Shadi1337
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4775 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:39 am

Post by Shadi1337 »

In post 4770, Serene wrote:
In post 4762, Shadi1337 wrote:
In post 4752, Serene wrote:If there was a doctor, they damn well should come forward. They'd be directly countering baby spice: from their point of view, she'd be confirmed scum
Well I suppose you have a point, but idk; a doctor is a very valuable town member?
In post 4752, Serene wrote: How do you figure letters was being bussed when there was a cop guilty on him? That's not bussing, that's just Follow The PR. There was no other lynch option that day
Rephrase.
It's hard to call anyone out for bussing when there's a cop guilty. Scum has no choice but to follow the cop. Can't redirect the wagon, can't derail it, so being on it is the only option.
Ok, TY!
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #4776 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:50 am

Post by BROseidon »

Okay I'm caught up.

I agree with DOMO that the most suspect claim is Crabd's, and that Rift isn't 100%, but I think we also can't take Ank's claim to be 100% true. It's more likely true than false, but there is always the chance it was a fakeclaim with a hardbus. TKO is confirmed because otherwise the Stevie kill is unaccounted for, and BS is confirmed assuming nobody counterclaims a protective role because TKO claimed the Orc kill and we only had 1 kill last night, which means we are missing 2 kills. Logically, this means that BS/RA/Serene have been on the receiving end of 2 NKs.

I think that lynching out of the VTs is the way to go today, and within that group I think Baezu is the way to go, although I'd be okay lynching Stubbs or Shadi, too. I don't want to lynch Serene, penguin, or DOMO.

VOTE: Baezu
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4777 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:00 am

Post by DOMO »

Hmm... I just thought of something... does anyone know if a scum RB'er would be able to block and kill on the same night? I'm under the impression they can't, but I'm not sure.

Point is, if scum RB'er cannot kill and block same night, then if crabd is scum RB'er, he could not have shot orc unless he didn't block him.

Rift tracking crabd to the orc kill might not be so incriminating after all.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #4778 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:21 am

Post by BROseidon »

In post 4777, DOMO wrote:Hmm... I just thought of something... does anyone know if a scum RB'er would be able to block and kill on the same night? I'm under the impression they can't, but I'm not sure.

Point is, if scum RB'er cannot kill and block same night, then if crabd is scum RB'er, he could not have shot orc unless he didn't block him.

Typically scum can't use both a PR and the factional kill. I couldn't in Xenoblade (which is why Orc got cross-shot).

Crabd could have also just killed Orc, although the way he claimed his action in response to RA would require that to have been a planned claim.
Rift Adrift
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4779 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:31 am

Post by Rift Adrift »

In post 4777, DOMO wrote:Hmm... I just thought of something... does anyone know if a scum RB'er would be able to block and kill on the same night? I'm under the impression they can't, but I'm not sure.

I didn't out my track of crabd until well after he claimed his role and night actions.

I would expect scum-Crabd to take a potential track or watch into account in his role claim, so it doesn't at all clear him in my eyes.
Syryana and fferyllt: doing nothing but tunneling while giving virtually no other reads worth anything. Also, puppies.

If it were that simple, if it were only that simple, we would never have called you in about it, Rydra Wong. -- Samuel R. Delany,
Babel-17
Baby Spice
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4780 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:35 am

Post by Baby Spice »

Vote Baezu
I don't know what annoys me more. Bad Harry Potter fan fiction that gets the facts right, or good Harry Potter fan fiction that doesn't.

Sometimes, when I say "I'm okay", I want someone to give me a hug and say, "Let's watch Doctor Who"
Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4781 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:58 am

Post by Baezu »

In post 4748, Shadi1337 wrote:
In post 4746, Baezu wrote:
In post 4742, Shadi1337 wrote:
In post 4726, Baezu wrote:I actually think Serene's claim is fake. Not saying he's scum, but I don't think he's VT.

Same goes for DOMO. 6 PRs for town sounds like too little for a 24 player game but I've never played one with so many people. Maybe some people are trying to protect against a nk by claiming VT.
And is this based on gut? The ones you think aren't telling the truth about their VT claim but could still be town? If it is, try to explain it; if it isn't gut where are you getting it from?
I was just thinking that if I were a doctor, for example, I may claim VT so as not to give scum a clear option of who to target. So why wouldn't someone is a similar position do a similar thing?
I didn't say your logic behind lying about a claim was bad or anything; it just seems like you are pointing towards specific people and I wonder why. Did they (soft) claim before? Have they done the same in previous games?(meta) did they seem to see themselves as a bit more useful than a simple VT?
I'm not going to talk about any ongoing games so for now please take my reads for what they are. Thanks.
Show
Stats have been transferred to the wiki http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=User:Baezu

“Baezu’s my top town. If she's scum I'll eat Alchemist's hat.” (Something I never thought I’d hear in any game. Ever.) -RCEnigma in EICN
“Baezu tier: Baezu” (Oooo I get my own tier!!!) -Vorkuta

Planning the next Toronto Meet! in late 2020
Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4782 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:01 am

Post by Baezu »

In post 4765, DOMO wrote:There was a missing kill on n3. Babyspice claims she protected serene n3. If we're to assume that the protection lasts two nights, then babyspice self protected on n2. It seems that one of the following happened... serene was attacked and protected, babyspice was attacked and protected, or crabd shot the same person as koopa. I think it's looking likely that crabd is scum.

vote crabd
I've been saying this for most of the game
Show
Stats have been transferred to the wiki http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=User:Baezu

“Baezu’s my top town. If she's scum I'll eat Alchemist's hat.” (Something I never thought I’d hear in any game. Ever.) -RCEnigma in EICN

Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4783 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:02 am

Post by Baezu »

In post 4780, Baby Spice wrote:
Vote Baezu

Any particular reason?
Show

Serene
Serene
Mafia Scum
Serene
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4784 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:19 am

Post by Serene »

1) Why would you say you think we're not a PR but probably not scum? If you think we're a PR, keep your mouth shut about it. Or shoot us tonight if you're scum

2) I dunno bout DGB or Head 3, but I'm not in any other games right now anyway (and in fact am again contemplating retirement)

3) I would absolutely 1:1 myself as a doctor against a scum claim

4) Not claiming a PR in this slot would be pretty fucking stupid since scum won't kill us for reasons I've mentioned (or they tried and failed) and no one would believe us if we changed our claim, and for that matter we sure as hell wouldn't have claimed VT after admitting that we weren't masons.
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4785 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:22 am

Post by DOMO »

In post 4779, Rift Adrift wrote:so it doesn't at all clear him in my eyes.
No it certainly doesn't clear him, but I'm less sure if he's optimal lynch for today. I can't see scum RB'er being the only weapon they have, we had town BP too. So I doubt killing off scum RB'er today guarantees protection for babyspice.

If we don't kill crabd today, then rift should seriously consider tracking him.
In post 4782, Baezu wrote:I've been saying this for most of the game
But it's a flawed position based on the fact that if crabd is scum roleblocker, than he's probably not the one doing the killing. So it looks like crabd did indeed block orc, regardless of his alignment.

On another note, I'm going to be away on holiday for most of the next month, at the very least two weeks of it, probably three. Therefore
I have asked the mod to find a replacement for me
. My apologies for this guys, I only expected to be away for a week when I signed up, plus I was expecting to be hydra, so I didn't expect it to be a problem.

Here's my thoughts on those who remain...

Ankamius - claimed cop, cleared babyspice and nailed TMT, very probably honest.
Baby Spice - cop cleared, claimed white mage, protected rift, spice, serene, rift, very probably honest.
Baezu - claimed vanilla, brian hollywood's replacement, baezu made that recent "thanks mafia" comment which pinged pretty hard, probably scum.
BROseidon - claimed vanilla, seemed scummy as hell to me through days one and two, has been much better since, leaning town.
KingCrabd - claimed RB'er, blocked bluba n1, shadi n2, orc n3, stubbs n4... I'm leaning scum on crabd based purely on his claim, but the orc track isn't as incriminating as first appeared. He needs to be analysed carefully, his ISO is too big for me to bother doing this now.
penguin_alien - claimed vanilla, previous owners of this slot metalsonic, slandaar and marquis. This slot will need to be analysed carefully too, it's hard to get a read when the slot changes hands so often. I'm pretty much null here.
Rift Adrift - claimed tracker, tracked orc n1 (went nowhere), slandaar n2 (nowhere), crabd n3 (visited orc, as claimed), jon n4 (nowhere). The missing kill on n4 on a night where a claimed tracker was protected, it looks like rift was targetted and this increases the chances of her claim being honest. Heavily leaning town.
Shadi1337 - claimed vanilla, pretty large ISO, I'll have to leave him to you guys and my replacement. I'm leaning scum based purely on numbers.
StubbsKVM - claimed vanilla, missing kill looks bad for him since crabd claims he blocked him, but with rift protected and likely target, he's not confscum. Plus, crabd could be lying about his n4 block, expecting rift to track elsewhere. Again, leaning scum based on numbers.
Thirdkoopa - claimed vig, claimed his shots, not countered. Town vig 100%.
Serene - claimed mason unclaimed mason claimed vanilla... I have no fucking idea what serene is or what they're smoking.

Lynch pool from my pov is baezu, BRO, crabd, penguin, shadi, stubbs, serene. Throw my slot in there and we're facing something like 4 scum in a pool of 8.

I'd say if there's 4 scum then most likely they appear to be baezu, crabd, shadi and stubbs, but BRO, serene and penguin all could be scum. If there's scum outside of this pool, then I feel we need to get lucky to win.

I'll remove my vote for the benefit of my replacement,
unvote crabd

I feel that's the best I can leave you with. Again, my apologies for replacing out. gl town.
Serene
Serene
Mafia Scum
Serene
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4786 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:23 am

Post by Serene »

In post 4773, Rift Adrift wrote:
In post 4769, Serene wrote:Why are you not questioning the continues survival of town power roles, cop innocents, and universal town reads?
Continual survival of all the claimed prs, innocents, etc, is bothering the hell out of me.

Who is in your lynch pool?
personally, I'd rather lynch among the VTs

but dram's town flip has me so demoralized, right now I intend to pretty much coast until DGB gets back to Canada anyway

what i REALLY need to do is go back and read parts of the game and maybe my hydra QT

but honestly that hydra QT has like 500 posts in it
Serene
Serene
Mafia Scum
Serene
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4787 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:26 am

Post by Serene »

In post 4785, DOMO wrote:I have no fucking idea what serene is or what they're smoking.

greatest hydra everrrrrrrrrrrr

although judging from our play, i'm coming to the conclusion that the sum of our parts is less than um... the whole of

wait, how does that saying go

we're better individually than together
Rift Adrift
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4788 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:30 am

Post by Rift Adrift »

In post 4785, DOMO wrote:
In post 4779, Rift Adrift wrote:so it doesn't at all clear him in my eyes.
No it certainly doesn't clear him, but I'm less sure if he's optimal lynch for today. I can't see scum RB'er being the only weapon they have, we had town BP too. So I doubt killing off scum RB'er today guarantees protection for babyspice.

If we don't kill crabd today, then rift should seriously consider tracking him.
In post 4782, Baezu wrote:I've been saying this for most of the game
But it's a flawed position based on the fact that if crabd is scum roleblocker, than he's probably not the one doing the killing. So it looks like crabd did indeed block orc, regardless of his alignment.

On another note, I'm going to be away on holiday for most of the next month, at the very least two weeks of it, probably three. Therefore
I have asked the mod to find a replacement for me
. My apologies for this guys, I only expected to be away for a week when I signed up, plus I was expecting to be hydra, so I didn't expect it to be a problem.

Here's my thoughts on those who remain...

Ankamius - claimed cop, cleared babyspice and nailed TMT, very probably honest.
Baby Spice - cop cleared, claimed white mage, protected rift, spice, serene, rift, very probably honest.
Baezu - claimed vanilla, brian hollywood's replacement, baezu made that recent "thanks mafia" comment which pinged pretty hard, probably scum.
BROseidon - claimed vanilla, seemed scummy as hell to me through days one and two, has been much better since, leaning town.
KingCrabd - claimed RB'er, blocked bluba n1, shadi n2, orc n3, stubbs n4... I'm leaning scum on crabd based purely on his claim, but the orc track isn't as incriminating as first appeared. He needs to be analysed carefully, his ISO is too big for me to bother doing this now.
penguin_alien - claimed vanilla, previous owners of this slot metalsonic, slandaar and marquis. This slot will need to be analysed carefully too, it's hard to get a read when the slot changes hands so often. I'm pretty much null here.
Rift Adrift - claimed tracker, tracked orc n1 (went nowhere), slandaar n2 (nowhere), crabd n3 (visited orc, as claimed), jon n4 (nowhere). The missing kill on n4 on a night where a claimed tracker was protected, it looks like rift was targetted and this increases the chances of her claim being honest. Heavily leaning town.
Shadi1337 - claimed vanilla, pretty large ISO, I'll have to leave him to you guys and my replacement. I'm leaning scum based purely on numbers.
StubbsKVM - claimed vanilla, missing kill looks bad for him since crabd claims he blocked him, but with rift protected and likely target, he's not confscum. Plus, crabd could be lying about his n4 block, expecting rift to track elsewhere. Again, leaning scum based on numbers.
Thirdkoopa - claimed vig, claimed his shots, not countered. Town vig 100%.
Serene - claimed mason unclaimed mason claimed vanilla... I have no fucking idea what serene is or what they're smoking.

Lynch pool from my pov is baezu, BRO, crabd, penguin, shadi, stubbs, serene. Throw my slot in there and we're facing something like 4 scum in a pool of 8.

I'd say if there's 4 scum then most likely they appear to be baezu, crabd, shadi and stubbs, but BRO, serene and penguin all could be scum. If there's scum outside of this pool, then I feel we need to get lucky to win.

I'll remove my vote for the benefit of my replacement,
unvote crabd

I feel that's the best I can leave you with. Again, my apologies for replacing out. gl town.
^^ Town as fuck

Thanks, DOMO. Enjoy your holiday.

(I have gone back and forth on you partly because sometimes your paranoia has looked over the top - and yes, that's ironic coming from me. Putting together a comprehensive reads/gamestate wall before replacing out, though. Town. As. Fuck.)
Syryana and fferyllt: doing nothing but tunneling while giving virtually no other reads worth anything. Also, puppies.

If it were that simple, if it were only that simple, we would never have called you in about it, Rydra Wong. -- Samuel R. Delany,
Babel-17
Rift Adrift
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4789 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:37 am

Post by Rift Adrift »

In post 4786, Serene wrote:
In post 4769, Serene wrote:Why are you not questioning the continues survival of town power roles, cop innocents, and universal town reads?
Continual survival of all the claimed prs, innocents, etc, is bothering the hell out of me.

but dram's town flip has me so demoralized, right now I intend to pretty much coast until DGB gets back to Canada anyway

what i REALLY need to do is go back and read parts of the game and maybe my hydra QT

That is where I am leaning. And Baezu, Stubbs and Shadi have all made cringeworthy posts this game day. Baezu's was objectively the worst. I'm trying to factor how she plays as town into that judgement.

Kuribo I have a lot of respect for your mafia skills. Don't coast until DGB gets back.

@Crabd, you never got back to me about Baezu meta from those 3 games I linked. Any thoughts?

Babel-17
Rift Adrift
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4790 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:37 am

Post by Rift Adrift »

In post 4786, Serene wrote:

That is where I am leaning. And Baezu, Stubbs and Shadi have all made cringeworthy posts this game day. Baezu's was objectively the worst. I'm trying to factor how she plays as town into that judgement.

Kuribo I have a lot of respect for your mafia skills. Don't coast until DGB gets back.

@Crabd, you never got back to me about Baezu meta from those 3 games I linked. Any thoughts?

Babel-17
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #4791 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:43 am

Post by BROseidon »

Have fun on holiday!

And yeah, what ffery said >.>

I'd also like to point out that Baezu replaced Brian Hollywood who was also scummy as fuck.
StubbsKVM
StubbsKVM
Mafia Scum
StubbsKVM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4792 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:08 pm

Post by StubbsKVM »

Rift, what post by me are you refering to exactly?
Check out my wiki for my mafia statistics.
KingCrabd
KingCrabd
Goon
KingCrabd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4793 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:28 am

Post by KingCrabd »

I have recent shadi as scum data from vengeball two, and it does NOT fit his play here.

Stubbs, however, the "why me" in 4792 paired with 4662/4663 makes me okay with that wagon. Rift, meta on baezu?
You have more data than me.

VOTE: stubbs

And what are we going to do about serene?
StubbsKVM
StubbsKVM
Mafia Scum
StubbsKVM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4794 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:37 am

Post by StubbsKVM »

What the hell are you talking about Crabd, I am simply asking what Rift is referring to, because he didn't mention this earlier.
Check out my wiki for my mafia statistics.
Shadi1337
Shadi1337
Goon
Shadi1337
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4795 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:58 am

Post by Shadi1337 »

In post 4793, KingCrabd wrote:I have recent shadi as scum data from vengeball two, and it does NOT fit his play here.

Stubbs, however, the "why me" in 4792 paired with 4662/4663 makes me okay with that wagon. Rift, meta on baezu?
You have more data than me.

VOTE: stubbs

And what are we going to do about serene?
Elaborate. I'm not gonna say ur analysis is wrong or anything unless I find something critically wrong with it. Just curious as of where you base your analysis and what exactly you're juxtaposing in the style I have here and had in vengeball.
Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4796 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:38 am

Post by Baezu »

I've had a crazy shit day after being stranded in the airport last night. I will do a comprehensive reads list tonight.
Show

PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4797 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:43 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Vote Count 5-4

(as of Post 4796)

Baezu (3)
- Shadi1337, BROseidon, Baby Spice
StubbsKVM (2)
- Thirdkoopa, KingCrabd
Serene (1)
- StubbsKVM

Not Voting (6)
- Ankamius, Baezu, penguin_alien, Rift Adrift, Serene, DOMO

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch

Deadline:
Saturday, August 31, 2013 at 11am Central Time ((expired on 2013-08-31 11:01:01))

Replacing:

DOMO

Prods:

None

V/LAs:

None
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4798 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:05 am

Post by penguin_alien »

Mod: I will be V/LA for hopefully only 36 hours dealing with a family crisis. If I need to extend it I'll update you. Thanks.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4799 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:45 pm

Post by Ankamius »

V/LA Friday to Tuesday

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”