The Knight-Errant
Goon
The Knight-Errant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:41 pm

Post by The Knight-Errant »

Vote Count 2.10

Metal Sonic (5) - beastcharizard, meeps, The Purple Rose, Evil Regals, Abdelrahman
Shattered Viewpoint (3) - Metal Sonic, Hopkirk, KX
KX (3) - Human Destroyer, Marquis, oriole
beastcharizard (2) - Shattered Viewpoint, EddieFenix
oriole (1) - dopog

Not Voting (1) - notscience

Countdown:
(expired on 2013-08-29 17:00:00)

15 alive, 8 to lynch.
♜♞♝♛♚♝♞♜
A modding hydra account of Alduskkel and Lady Lambdadelta.
♖♘♗♕♔♗♘♖
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:56 pm

Post by notscience »

Yeah, scum won this one.
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:28 pm

Post by Marquis »

actually

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Human Destroyer

let's go back to this
link in bio
dopog
dopog
Goon
dopog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:44 pm

Post by dopog »

Hey!

I have a theory I've been toying with for a several days.

When I have more time I will share!

@oriole; what did you think of bc'a claim?

Byes
KX
KX
Goon
KX
Goon
Goon
Location: Universe, Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way Galaxy, Sol, Earth

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:15 pm

Post by KX »

My apologies, I've had a busy weekend.

Anyway, lotta stuff to respond to, but it's late already, so I'll hold off until tomorrow. As promised, the NotSci case:
Spoiler: Case File
Basically, NotSci has been having his way with this game, and because you all suck, you fall exactly how he wants you to. Pretty much, any attempt so far to question him has been met with equivalently the following: I'm playing badly, and so (OMGUS) thinking I'm scum means you're scum or stupid. Of course, actually saying that would get somebody lynched on the spot. So, NotSci phrases it differently. Instead, from NoSci, it goes: Well, you can only be voting me for PL reasons, and we all know only scum and bad town support PL, so are you scum or bad town? I think
In post 773, notscience wrote:And lol, anyone who pushes my wagon is either a) Scum or b) moronic town
sums it up pretty well, and I'm sure anybody who's been reading over NotSci has seen that come up multiple times. The thing that NotSci fails to mention is the reason why you seem to only be able to vote him over PL reasons. That reason is he
hasn't given any content
that you can judge him on otherwise. For the record, NotSci currently has 184 posts. Seems pretty good, right? Well, I went through and divided all of those posts up into "good" posts, which help the game in some way, "troll" posts, which contribute nothing and are disruptive, and "worthless" posts which are A. fluff (most) B. a vote with no explanation (explanations or votes with explanations are put in "good") or C. a post were NotSci "defends" himself. I've also taken to liberty of counting how many times NotSci uses his "NotSci logic" to dismiss a claim somewhere. If any part of a post is considered good, it is labelled a good post and nothing else. In total, there were 26 troll posts, 106 worthless posts, and 52 good posts. When viewing these statistics, keep in mind about 75% of the worthless posts were fluff, that about 20% of the good posts were repeats of things said in other good posts, that 4 good posts were saying somebody was inactive, and that 11 good posts were only NotSci asking somebody else to contribute somehow. Throughout these posts, NotSci logic was used a total of 22 times. Also of note is that NotSci's first good post was his 14th post, and post #101 in the thread. Anyway, there's some other stuff I could say, like about how NotSci said he'd give detailed reads once he got some flips, and now that we have three, one of which is scum and one which NotSci himself helped to get, he still has yet to give a detailed read, or some of the more ridiculous cases of him using NotSci logic, but basically, if we look at NotSci without all the annoying fluff, he's an inactive player who throws random votes without committing and calls his attackers scum, and when you consider that he isn't that, but instead somebody like that who's proven to be around and flooding the thread with spam, I'm pretty sure you don't help the case. I feel like I haven't explained this very well, but I think you should all be able to figure out what I mean. So, NotSci, I want you to defend yourself from claims of :active lurking, lack of committed or explained reads, exception a townie who you lynched, and hypocrisy on calling others out on the first two counts while you yourself are guilty of them. Note that none of these things are PL reasons, none of them go into your intentionally acting in an anti-town manner, and none of the deal with only a single petty or small incident. Note that counts were done at 12 am, and are only correct within a 10% margin or error
KX
KX
Goon
KX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:23 pm

Post by KX »

Oh yeah, and I forgot the most important part, while a lot of you may just dismiss NotSci as a hopeless troll, think about how ingenious a strategy it is for mafia, and rather then holding NotSci above everybody else as a troll, judge him on par with everyone else.
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:22 pm

Post by Metal Sonic »

Sorry KX but
In post 773, notscience wrote:And lol, anyone who pushes my wagon is either a) Scum or b) moronic town

I have this mindset too

Hi-5 NS
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:22 pm

Post by Metal Sonic »

Sorry KX but

I have this mindset too

Hi-5 NS
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:22 pm

Post by Metal Sonic »

Sorry KX but

I have this mindset too

Hi-5 NS
The Knight-Errant
The Knight-Errant
Goon
The Knight-Errant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:53 am

Prodded Evil Regals and Hopkirk.
♜♞♝♛♚♝♞♜
♖♘♗♕♔♗♘♖
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:53 am

Post by Hopkirk »

@Hd:Same question as last 3 times.

Not planning on voting ns atm while there are better options but (@Ns) if you don't stop the trolling/rubbish i will be voting you.
KX
KX
Goon
KX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:44 am

Post by KX »

Yeah, sorry to say this MS, and no offence, but it's true, you're basically a VI who can scumhunt.

Also, seriously guys, we need to pick a lynch now, deadline incoming. I'm fine with literally anybody but Marquis, but I would strongly, strongly prefer it to be one of SV/Beast/NotSci
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:49 am

Post by notscience »

In post 1129, KX wrote::active lurking, lack of committed or explained reads, exception a townie who you lynched, and hypocrisy on calling others out on the first two counts while you yourself are guilty of them. Note that none of these things are PL reasons
Active lurking-

I don't do things your way. I do them mine. That does not mean lurking, especially when in your "case" you edit the facts to help it.

Lack of committed/explained reads-

I've said who I find scum, what else do you need? Explanations are overrated anyways.

I have no clue what exception a townie means

Not really guilty of them, but nice try though

These are PL reasons.

And @Hop, Irdc if you do or don't, posturing about it is a waste of time and space in the thread.
The Purple Rose
The Purple Rose
Goon
The Purple Rose
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:09 am

Post by The Purple Rose »

hey, I got prodded. I see nothing really changed, but by now I think Marquis deserves support. What he's saying could very well be true.

vote HD
Human Destroyer
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:17 am

Post by Human Destroyer »

In post 1127, Marquis wrote:actually

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Human Destroyer

let's go back to this
What, you don't want to help me bus my partner now?
Are you ready for this?
Human Destroyer
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:17 am

In post 1138, The Purple Rose wrote:hey, I got prodded. I see nothing really changed, but by now I think Marquis deserves support. What he's saying could very well be true.

vote HD
yeah you are so dying next
Are you ready for this?
Human Destroyer
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:19 am

"lol im lurking, but i have nothing to post, let me vote hd because clearly marquis' lurking scumteam theory makes so much sense that it somehow ends up not applying to me at all"

~Purple Rose
Are you ready for this?
The Purple Rose
The Purple Rose
Goon
The Purple Rose
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:29 am

Post by The Purple Rose »

I do not understand how you got the idea that either of those is a response.
KX
KX
Goon
KX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:46 pm

Post by KX »

In post 1137, notscience wrote:
In post 1129, KX wrote::active lurking, lack of committed or explained reads, exception a townie who you lynched, and hypocrisy on calling others out on the first two counts while you yourself are guilty of them. Note that none of these things are PL reasons
Active lurking-

I don't do things your way. I do them mine. That does not mean lurking, especially when in your "case" you edit the facts to help it.
please tell me where I edit the facts to help my case. If you mean the whole treating fluff posts as not-existing, once again, taking into account the large amount of fluff posts actually makes you seem scummier, but since it's a kinda PL reason, I haven't included it.

Lack of committed/explained reads-

I've said who I find scum, what else do you need? Explanations are overrated anyways.
"I really hate when people just go "because gut" (example: eddie) because it allows for scum to throw out town sounding reads without fully committing to any reasoning that takes genuine town motivation to write up and that could be read into later on." Gut, and no explanation at all are basically the same thing except with gut you can possibly be making a decent meta argument.

I have no clue what exception a townie means
reading over, I thought you seemed quite commited to the Katarina lynch. I'm saying, with the exception of her lynch, you didn't really press any other reads.

Not really guilty of them, but nice try though
In post 101, notscience wrote:No shit he is, he's lurking the uck out of this game
I believe this is the first post you made that doesn't fall under worthless/trolling. Yeah. That's called hypocrisy.
In post 297, notscience wrote:Comments on the actual game, please.
though not an originally listed reason, I call that post pretty damn hypocritical.
In post 333, notscience wrote:Why exactly am I scum?
I like how you demand people give specific reasoning about why you yourself are scum, but often don't give explanations for your own scumreads.
In post 465, notscience wrote:Everyone not posting content should start because only I'm allowed not to :>
You even fucking admit the hypocrisy right here, so don't go back on it now.
In post 469, notscience wrote:
In post 468, EddieFenix wrote:See, NS, given the fact that you are trolling and such, it makes me see you heavily as Anti-Town... And my gut just screams you as scum...
1) Antitown=/=Scum

2) If that's your case on me being scum you're probs scum without a logical townie reason for a vote

3) Give some content or else
I just fucking love this quote, it's amazing really. Anyway, there are probably more examples, but I'm going to stop now. I definitely see how you aren't guilty of being a hypocrite NotSci.

These are PL reasons.
Active Lurking is definitively scum because it gives the impression of activity without actually producing anything. Not committing to reads helps a scum because it makes reading the scum harder, and allows them to cast votes without having to come up with a legit townie reason for voting. Hypocrisy is bad because if you find somebody scum over something, and you yourself are doing that thing, you're basically saying either your tell is wrong, or you yourself are scum/a bad player.
A Policy Lynch is one that is done for arbitrary reasons. Most commonly, it describes the lynch of a player who is not found to be particularly scummy, but because the player's bad play will hurt the town later on.
All of these reason make you scummy. None of the reasons are about bad play. Please learn the meaning of Policy Lynch rather then just screaming it any time somebody accuses you.

And @Hop, Irdc if you do or don't, posturing about it is a waste of time and space in the thread.
Also, I love that this is how you end your post. "I'm not a hypocrite!" "Hopkirk, posturing about it is a waste of time and space in the thread"
Fuck it, maybe one of SV/Beast is scum, but this right here is definitely scum.
Vote: NotScience
. I want everybody who isn't voting NotSci to explain why they don't think he's scum.
meeps
meeps
Townie
meeps
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:55 pm

Post by meeps »

hi

i don't think either ns or hd should be lynched, i don't see scum from either player right now

ns plays aren't really scummy, but not town either

and i guess being busy with irl means scum (in hd's case)

i want adbel or ms to be lynched today, preferably ms because no one else seems to want an adbel lynch right now
KX
KX
Goon
KX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:17 pm

Post by KX »

@Meeps, why do you think the reasons I've listed, which are accepted as scummy, are not scummy in NotSci's case?

@Oriole, refutation coming soon, but to answer the main question, I believe an actual hammer to be a more town-minded action provided there are no extenuating circumstances. However, the more I think/thought about it, the more I doubt it would have been a hammer based on reads alone, and instead that there was some other motivation based around Beast's claim.

@Metal, for your post about what I and a few others thought, your wagon is bad (imo), and the mixed reactions towards your trolling vs NotSci's trolling by other players seems pretty damn weird. What do you think of the latter point?
Evil Regals
Evil Regals
Goon
Evil Regals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:28 pm

Post by Evil Regals »

Hd is scum.

VOTE: human destroyer

Metal sonic is either Vi or really shitty at gambits. Discuss.

Notscience is not scum. People need to stop.
Have
you
ever considered that, perhaps, maybe,
I am
good?
I was always the Queen, it was
you
who added "Evil" to my name.

Alter Ego: Malakittens
Evil Regals
Evil Regals
Goon
Evil Regals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:29 pm

Post by Evil Regals »

All HD is coming into the thread to defend himself or comment on his votes. Nothing else.
Have
you
ever considered that, perhaps, maybe,
I am
good?
I was always the Queen, it was
you
who added "Evil" to my name.

Alter Ego: Malakittens
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:37 pm

Post by Marquis »

thank you
link in bio
The Knight-Errant
The Knight-Errant
Goon
The Knight-Errant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:23 pm

Prodded oriole.
♜♞♝♛♚♝♞♜
♖♘♗♕♔♗♘♖

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”