he/him
Zee Retiree
Zee Retiree
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:49 am

Post by Skelda »

In post 19, Dessew wrote:
In post 18, Skelda wrote:
In post 16, YamiNoKira wrote:Now, then... hello, Brian Skies! Fancy meeting you here.
In post 10, phokdapolees wrote:VOTE: Skelda
I like bandwagons.
So if I did this...

VOTE: Skelda

...you would like it?
I'm sure scum quite like it.
I don't know about scum, but I certainly like it.
Why do like there being a bandwagon on me so early? And why would you feel the need to bring that up?

VOTE: Dessew seems like a nice starting point to me. But any more votes on you too soon and I'm unvoting.
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:56 am

Post by Dessew »

Then what's the point of your vote? And I've already given an explanetion.
JKLM
JKLM
Goon
JKLM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:19 am

Post by JKLM »

Ladies, ladies, you're both pretty.

I didn't even notice but Saki is here as well. Nice to meet you! I fear you already!

I don't feel like dessew has really done anything scummy. Yet. Well except

Eh

I mean calm your horses the games been around for a day, we got time to get it done right and lynch scum.
Skelda
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Zee Retiree

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:39 am

Post by Skelda »

In post 26, Dessew wrote:Then what's the point of your vote? And I've already given an explanetion.
The way you said that you didn't know about scum seemed like you were distancing yourself and scum. It reminds me of saying, "If we try to think like scum..." when you are scum and know how to think like yourself. That is the sort of thing I've seen scum do, plus your explanation makes no sense to me. And I was just making it clear that I didn't want anyone to get past 3 votes this early, I wanted to make that clear when I voted. I'm not going to tunnel him, but I still don't see the town motivation for bandwagoning this early just for the sake of bandwagoning, even if it is just to cause pressure and something about that "I don't know about scum, but..." statement didn't sit right with me.

And JKLM, like you are doing more to get the game started. I don't care if it has been a day or a week since Day started, I like my vote to be on people I find scummy, and if the instant I vote for someone you act like we are causing a huge scene and try to stop it when all we are doing is generating discussion, what is the point of you? The more we fight, even if it is over nothing, the more we know about where loyalties lie. I doubt a town ever won without a little argument or two, so shut up and find something useful to do or we'll lynch you. That is all.
JKLM
JKLM
Goon
JKLM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:01 am

Post by JKLM »

Oh come on dont pull te stupid policy thing on me skelda. This early on, it's all a bunch of BS. It's barely page two as I think only 4 maybe 5 people have actually posted. Out of 12.

I never said we shouldn't argue this entire game, that's stupid.

But as far as I see it this argument looks like its going nowhere fast. At least for now.

I'm more concerned with why you even bring up the idea of a threat of a policy lunch on PAGE 2. We have 2 weeks. Policy lunches have their place but NOT THIS EARLY.
JKLM
JKLM
Goon
JKLM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:59 am

Post by JKLM »

Clarification:

You're not making a Scene and its not the argument that's te problem it's the fact that it sounds very dead settness on each other to me.

Idk how to put it, it rubs me all kind of wrong.
YamiNoKira
YamiNoKira
Townie
YamiNoKira
Townie
Townie

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:13 am

Post by YamiNoKira »

In post 23, -Kubbs- wrote:VOTE: Saki

I needed that out of my system.

Stubbs.
That's all you have to say? I know we just started, but really? Nothing else?
In post 24, Dessew wrote:This is the reason. Especially the beginning and the end.
I'm afraid I don't understand.
In post 25, Skelda wrote:VOTE: Dessew seems like a nice starting point to me. But any more votes on you too soon and I'm unvoting.
So... what's the point of this vote? You just wanna bw but not lynch? *reads next post* Yeah, that. Kinda.
In post 27, JKLM wrote:Ladies, ladies, you're both pretty.

I didn't even notice but Saki is here as well. Nice to meet you! I fear you already!

I don't feel like dessew has really done anything scummy. Yet. Well except

Eh

I mean calm your horses the games been around for a day, we got time to get it done right and lynch scum.
What do you propose? Not question/pressure dessew? We do have two weeks... but we need to start now and in full force. Inactivity kills games.
In post 28, Skelda wrote:I'm not going to tunnel him, but I still don't see the town motivation for bandwagoning this early just for the sake of bandwagoning, even if it is just to cause pressure and something about that "I don't know about scum, but..." statement didn't sit right with me.
What in the world is the purpose of your vote, then?
In post 28, Skelda wrote:I like my vote to be on people I find scummy
Then why would you unvote after 3+ votes?
In post 29, JKLM wrote:This early on, it's all a bunch of BS.
The point is to
generate content
so it
isn't
BS. If you aren't helping to generate content, then you aren't helping town. You will only be "policy lynched" if you continue to not help generate content... which shouldn't be a problem, right?
YamiNoKira
YamiNoKira
Townie
YamiNoKira
Townie
Townie

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:14 am

Post by YamiNoKira »

In post 30, JKLM wrote:Idk how to put it, it rubs me all kind of wrong.
Then why not vote?
Skelda
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Zee Retiree

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:25 am

Post by Skelda »

What grounds would we have to policy lynch you? Perhaps instead of "lynch" I should of said "vote for". Who is to say that discouraging something that is causing conversation isn't scummy in it's own right?

And I cannot imagine any reason I would be dead-set on my vote on page 2, in fact, I made a point of saying that I would change my vote if people started voting to show that I wasn't sure. What exactly about it rubs you the wrong way, because I fail to see your point.

P-Edit: Yami, I guess what I meant was that I didn't want the bandwagon going any further than that since it was, at its core, pretty random. Partly poor wording on my part. And I agree with you about the generating content bit.
Skelda
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Zee Retiree

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:28 am

Post by Skelda »

Edit: "Any further than that too quickly." Damn phone not saying all the words I want it to.
JKLM
JKLM
Goon
JKLM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:28 am

Post by JKLM »

Of course it wouldn't but I don't need to be threatened,

The main problem I have is that I'm getting very bad vibes off of this argument. It seems oddly reminiscent to me as both of them don't seem particularly town, but idk.

Looking back I guess I shouldn't have been so antsy about it. It still rubs me all kind of wrong.

If I'm going to be completely transparent (which I usually am) I guess I just felt so jarred that we already were debating who to wagon and the legitimacy of a scum read just as page 1 ends. It's nothing big but it's a different tempo than I'm used to.

Okay so where to start?

SKELDA

You aren't really allowed to use the newb card here, that was better left in the newb games themselves. If you want or need help, just read the wiki over once or twice. It really does help get pas those learning stages. But let's just void that newb card Kay? I don't favor that argument for very long but I always give it one chance at the very least.

Other than that from the small amount said you do seem to come off to me as town motivation, but it's too early to tell.

DESSEW

I don't really know what to say to you other than I don't feel good, but it's only been a page so i wont jump to conclusions. But as of now it's not very townish to me. Yet.

Not gonna vote cause its too early for my liking, I'd rather have most others start posting in this thread. Seriously: if anything scum might be sitting back and just laughing while we create paranoia among ourselves (unless one of us is scum, then oh well but it's too early to tell). The point is I don't want things going until EVERYONEs on this thread, so we have more logical reasoning behind everything.

P edit:

Yeah already kinda said it here I think. To too early for my taste.

P edit again:

Okay skelda, to be fair I did scan over that last part of not wanting things moving too quickly with the wagon. Not real complaints from me I guess.

And before someone does bring it up because I know they will: yes I am indecisive. I don't like to waste time. I like being more drawn out I guess. I only clear thy up because I only have one game on te site that's still going on.
JKLM
JKLM
Goon
JKLM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:29 am

Post by JKLM »

Also yeah the vote for makes completely more sense. Or more like "I will vote for" is more appropriate. It gives a better tone.
YamiNoKira
YamiNoKira
Townie
YamiNoKira
Townie
Townie

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:48 am

Post by YamiNoKira »

In post 33, Skelda wrote:P-Edit: Yami, I guess what I meant was that I didn't want the bandwagon going any further than that since it was, at its core, pretty random. Partly poor wording on my part. And I agree with you about the generating content bit.
WHY DID YOU VOTE? Please answer that question.
In post 35, JKLM wrote:But as of now it's not very townish to me.
In post 27, JKLM wrote:I don't feel like dessew has really done anything scummy.
This is very wish-washy. What is your read?
In post 35, JKLM wrote:Not gonna vote cause its too early for my liking,
No. I really dislike this. You have no reason not to vote: you only have your voice and your vote, and if you aren't using them, you aren't helping anyone.
In post 35, JKLM wrote:The point is I don't want things going until EVERYONEs on this thread, so we have more logical reasoning behind everything.
Players' inactivity is
not
an excuse to not "get things going". Ever. Let the mod deal with inactives; you are here, so you can contribute.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:40 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 31, YamiNoKira wrote:
In post 23, -Kubbs- wrote:VOTE: Saki

I needed that out of my system.

Stubbs.
That's all you have to say? I know we just started, but really? Nothing else?
If you've never played with Saki before, then you probably wouldn't understand.
In post 37, YamiNoKira wrote:
In post 35, JKLM wrote:Not gonna vote cause its too early for my liking,
No. I really dislike this. You have no reason not to vote: you only have your voice and your vote, and if you aren't using them, you aren't helping anyone.
I agree with this. When used properly, voting is more powerful than you think.

@Yami: Are you an alt account? Do you play on other forums?
Skelda
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Zee Retiree

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:57 am

Post by Skelda »

In post 37, YamiNoKira wrote:
In post 33, Skelda wrote:P-Edit: Yami, I guess what I meant was that I didn't want the bandwagon going any further than that since it was, at its core, pretty random. Partly poor wording on my part. And I agree with you about the generating content bit.
WHY DID YOU VOTE? Please answer that question.
I voted because I thought his behavior was odd and I wanted to express my suspicion, but seeing as he had rapidly just gotten two votes, I wasn't ready for a fourth too soon. What more reason did I need?
JKLM
JKLM
Goon
JKLM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:15 pm

Post by JKLM »

Alright alright, I'll get on. I just get nervous that half of the people prob haven't even seen this thread but hm

vote dessew

I'm a very wishy washy person. You could even see that in the current game I'm playing. This vote is mostly for pressure for now.

Edit:

I made this post hours ago but ne'er posted it. I'll do a big p edit later.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:22 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

Don't talk about ongoing games.
JKLM
JKLM
Goon
JKLM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:28 pm

Post by JKLM »

Sorry thought that was of no substance but yeah whoops won't happen again.
Skelda
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Zee Retiree

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:40 pm

Post by Skelda »

In post 40, JKLM wrote:Alright alright, I'll get on. I just get nervous that half of the people prob haven't even seen this thread but hm

vote dessew

I'm a very wishy washy person. You could even see that in the current game I'm playing. This vote is mostly for pressure for now.

Edit:

I made this post hours ago but ne'er posted it. I'll do a big p edit later.
VOTE: Vote: JKLM because you, not only do I not suspect Dessew much anymore, but you have been really fishy all game. I don't like it.
Skelda
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Zee Retiree

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:41 pm

Post by Skelda »

VOTE: JKLM
YamiNoKira
YamiNoKira
Townie
YamiNoKira
Townie
Townie

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:44 pm

Post by YamiNoKira »

In post 38, Brian Skies wrote: If you've never played with Saki before, then you probably wouldn't understand.
I don't have an issue with the post itself, but it's an RVS vote and contributes absolutely nothing to the game.
In post 39, Skelda wrote:I voted because I thought his behavior was odd and I wanted to express my suspicion, but seeing as he had rapidly just gotten two votes, I wasn't ready for a fourth too soon. What more reason did I need?
I just wanted you to answer the question. You seemed to jump around the question despite being asked in posts and what the purpose of your vote was for.
In post 40, JKLM wrote:Alright alright, I'll get on. I just get nervous that half of the people prob haven't even seen this thread but hm

vote dessew
Now it's your turn. What is your read on dessew? You've voted, but you haven't explained why (your "read" is not very clear and post looks like you're voting only because you were bring pressured).
In post 42, JKLM wrote:Sorry thought that was of no substance but yeah whoops won't happen again.
To put it simply,
never
refer to an ongoing game
at all
In post 43, Skelda wrote:not only do I not suspect Dessew much anymore
We
just
went over why you voted for dessew, so what changed in your read? Details please.
Skelda
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Zee Retiree

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:06 pm

Post by Skelda »

The fact that JKLM is being so wishy-washy/refusing to vote and Dessew was only a mild suspect anyway. I don't suspect Dessew any less, I suspect JK more and Dessew pales in comparison. But, since it is so early my vote is meant to be thrown around. Why are you getting so hung up over me changing my vote to create a little drama, anyway? It isn't as though I didn't specifically say that if Dessew got another vote I would remove mine.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:13 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 45, YamiNoKira wrote:
In post 38, Brian Skies wrote: If you've never played with Saki before, then you probably wouldn't understand.
I don't have an issue with the post itself, but it's an RVS vote and contributes absolutely nothing to the game.

If you understand what the RVS and RVS vote is, then get over it. Every game on this forum pretty much starts in this stage until people find something to work off of.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:23 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

Also, I like Yami's stance on outing masons. I think it would be extremely detrimental for masons to out D1 as you're essentially putting a target on their backs for little to no town benefit. The masons should out when it benefits the town to do so. We are not in such a situation.

My early reads:
Yami - Leaning town. A little pushy, but seems extremely town-motivated.
Skelda - Null-town. Mostly a gut-based read. Still sorting him.
JKLM - Null-scum. I don't like the wishy-washyness. Also, don't do things just to appease other players.
Des - Leaning scum. Still not liking her comments.

Everyone else - Null. Need more content.
YamiNoKira
YamiNoKira
Townie
YamiNoKira
Townie
Townie

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:39 pm

Post by YamiNoKira »

In post 46, Skelda wrote:I don't suspect Dessew any less
Is that not what you just said? You don't suspect Dessew much anymore? Either your read changed or it didn't.
In post 46, Skelda wrote:Why are you getting so hung up over me changing my vote to create a little drama, anyway?
I don't particularly care where your vote is right now. I want to know why you "don't suspect Dessew much anymore". That was part of your reasoning for changing your vote, and I want to know what you mean by that.
In post 47, Brian Skies wrote:If you understand what the RVS and RVS vote is, then get over it. Every game on this forum pretty much starts in this stage until people find something to work off of.
This has nothing to do with RVS; I've already said I have no issue with the post itself. However, there was more that could have been commented on, and the
one post
that player made ignored what happened so far and made absolutely no attempt on trying to contribute (outside of RVS).

Return to “Completed Open Games”