Micro 231: Mismatching Flavor Mafia (Game Over!)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:31 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

You have been ignoring this thread until I voted you. I want your thoughts on the game and your reads.

There are also some questions in the thread. You can answer those too.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:33 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 224, beastcharizard wrote:You seem to vote people for no reason other than for the heck of it.
There is reasoning, I assure you. How about some scumhunting? It's not enough to find one scum, you need to find all of them.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:16 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

Anyhow, I have stuff to do, and no one seems to want to participate much right now. So here are my reads in the case I end up getting lynched overnight for whatever reason. They're pretty rough though (no thanks to the rest of you lot!).

Bert - Leaning town. Has really good town-vibes. His early analysis of me in the beginning of the game has been pretty spot-on. Based on his familiarity with me, I've liked his reactions to the way I've been playing. Also, I like the content he's generated.
Shiny Hydreigon L-Head - Slight townread. I didn't like the way he attacked me, but recent interactions gives off a pretty good town-feel for me. I also like it's reaction when I offered my gamble.
Cabd - Null. He literally has no content up to this point.
Mononoke - Null. Similar to above.
Viera Assassin - Null. Nothing but RVS crap.
Shiny Hydreigon - Null-scum. The L-head is what's mostly giving me a town-read here. I didn't like R's reaction to my offer, but I don't know how much I should weigh the reactions because I can't tell if some of them are done as the individual signee or as the entire entity.
Lucky2u - Slight scumread. Mostly a gut-read. He has done some things I didn't like, but it was the RVS stage. I didn't like him asking me for a claim.
BeastCharizard - Slight scumread. His iso seems too scummy to me.
Guyett - Leaning scum. I literally had to vote him to get him into the thread. And he has absolutely zero content. I am not a fan of lurking.
Guyett
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Hammering Hammered

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:23 pm

Post by Guyett »

I have had a busy weekend. I do not like your attitude
VOTE: brian

That is L-1
I think a lot about meteors. The purity of them. Boom! The end. Start again. The world made clean for the new man to rebuild.
Guyett
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Hammering Hammered

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:36 pm

Post by Guyett »

In post 179, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 178, Lucky2u wrote:I don't see it as super scummy to want my only scum read so far to claim. It is soon though, you're right. I'll wait patiently, and let himself prove himself scum to everyone else too.
I'll claim when I reach L-1 and someone claims intent to hammer.
you're L-1 now, just wait for the intent

Question Time for Everybody:
What do you think of the 1v1? How about the reactions? Motivations?
What are your thoughts on the gamble? Do you think it benefits the town? Why or why not? What about the reactions? Motivations?
If the town decides to go through with the gamble and the lynched person flips town, would you hold your word and lynch the other slot, no questions asked?
Any other concerns? Questions? Thoughts?

What do you think of the 1v1?
- I don't particularly care, I think its a very stupid thing to do on day 1. There are too many random elements involved here. D2 is much better for this kind of messing as people will have better developed reads on people.
How about the reactions?
- I prefer shiny's reactions. you are just spamming the thread with fluff. Are you sure Saki isn't in there somewhere?
Motivations?
- I don't see many town reasons for going in on a 1v1 this early in the game. reads change in this embryonic stage and you now have shiny as town in your reads.... feeling stupid now?
What are your thoughts on the gamble?
- really really fucking stupid. you both could be town and it just fucks with my wincon if you both are town having a big dick comp that results in 2 mislynches and 2 potential dead townies from the night kill.
Do you think it benefits the town?
- No, the only way it helps town is if you are scum dicking around playing with a stupid gambit.
Why or why not? What about the reactions? Motivations?
- I'm just repeating myself now...
If the town decides to go through with the gamble and the lynched person flips town, would you hold your word and lynch the other slot, no questions asked?
I haven't given my word regarding this 1v1 as it is really fucking stupid. I will lynch someone if they are being scummy not because they got into this 1v1 mess
Any other concerns? Questions? Thoughts?
- not really other than stop spamming the thread with this shite

#rantover
I think a lot about meteors. The purity of them. Boom! The end. Start again. The world made clean for the new man to rebuild.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:17 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

You know, I joined this game because I thought the set-up and player list was going to be extremely fun. And after I saw my role, I really wanted to believe it would be. I was even excited to write a claim for it in case I had to. Instead, I get some lame ass hydra attacking me with flawed fucking logic before the first night ends (aggravating me and sucking out all my fun) and a bunch of people accusing me of being scum for a 1v1 I didn't even initiate. And then when I try to play serious, salvage some credibility, and help my wincon, I end up with a bunch of pansies wondering why we should even try to seek more information and do actual scum-hunting. Not to mention people that haven't posted any content to help (I understand people are busy, I really do). As for the gambit, NO I DON"T THINK IT WAS A BAD FUCKING IDEA. I did it because I thought Shiny was scum and wanted it lynched, but it's MAIN PURPOSES were to shut it up, let me get some sleep, and get me some reads off of it.

So if I fucked up your wincon, then my bad. BUT DON'T MAKE ME YOUR FUCKING SCAPEGOAT WHEN YOU MISLYNCH ME BECAUSE SOME PEOPLE HAVE BEEN INACTIVE AND OTHERS REFUSE TO LOOK FOR INFORMATION!

And if you want to hammer me, don't bother waiting for a claim. It isn't coming. You'll see my role when I flip.

@Bert: Sorry I can't keep my promise. Our time was short. I'll try to make it up to you in the future.

@Guyett: Your last post makes it obvious that I came off rude to you. Please know that wasn't my intention. I understand people are busy, but when I vote a random inactive person with no content and they immediately respond wondering why I voted them, it comes off as scummy. I have no credibility right now and I was aggravated and desperate. I apologize if you're town and I am the direct cause of your loss. Not so much if you're scum.
Guyett
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Hammering Hammered

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:25 pm

Post by Guyett »

UNVOTE:

You are too reckless to be scum.
beastcharizard
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:30 pm

Post by beastcharizard »

In post 231, Guyett wrote:UNVOTE:

You are too reckless to be scum.
I disagree. You vote/unvote looks really weird to me.

@Skies: You should have totally claimed anyway. If you had flipped town what is to say that we wouldn't honor your lynch shiny thing? You offered yourself up as the first lynch which is odd. If you didn't suggest the 1v1 then who did? I remember you bringing up the idea first. What about my ISO is scummy?
Guyett
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Hammering Hammered

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:35 pm

Post by Guyett »

the unvote was a product of some serious thinking and both my gut and the being reckless say he is town... however I don't like the way he is trying so hard to be town and I really don't like that gambit. I need more time to think as we still have plenty of time left in the day to decide if he is a good lynch.
beastcharizard
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:37 pm

Post by beastcharizard »

But you voted him because you didn't like his attitude. Is that really a valid reason?
Guyett
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Hammering Hammered

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:40 pm

Post by Guyett »

yes, that would relate to the trying so hard to be town reason.
beastcharizard
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:48 pm

Post by beastcharizard »

You didn't state the trying hard thing until after wards. It feels like it was almost an after thought that you conveniently realized.
Guyett
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Hammering Hammered

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:49 pm

Post by Guyett »

no I didn't sorry... but it wasn't an after thought.
Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:30 am

Post by Lucky2u »

In post 210, Brian Skies wrote:
Here's the thing: I like LOGIC.
Hehe... I made a similar statement to this when I wanted people to think I was town (and I was scum). I like you Brian, I'll wait until tomorrow to lynch you.

Guyett's unvote doesn't ring scummy to me charizard, it looks like a town who got scared he was about to lynch town.

I'm having second thoughts on my shiny read after the last page or two...
The bunny knight reigns supreme!
Get to know me! Here! and now Here too!
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:42 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

vote count 1.4
Cabd (L-4):
Mononoke
Lucky2u (L-4):
Bert
>
Brian Skies (L-2):
Shiny Hydreigon | Lucky2u | beastcharizard
Guyett (L-4):
Brian Skies

Not Voting:
Cabd, Viera Assassin, Guyett

With 9 alive, it takes 5 votes to lynch.

Until deadline: (expired on 2013-09-20 12:00:00)

Mod Notes
  • Prod going out to Mononoke in an hour
  • Prod going out to Viera Assassin in two hours
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Shiny Hydreigon
Shiny Hydreigon
Mafia Scum
Shiny Hydreigon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:11 am

Post by Shiny Hydreigon »

so much fucking ate
i was about to listen to L and reconsider, but goddamnit wtf is 230?

guyett also looks town

R~
Hydreigon, the Brutal Pokemon.
They are scary.
They consume and destroy everything.
If you so much as move, you are a foe.
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:06 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

Mononoke and Viera Assassin has been prodded.
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Mononoke
Mononoke
Goon
Mononoke
Goon
Goon

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:11 am

Post by Mononoke »

Hi sorry for not posting but haven't heard from Nacho for a while, I'm thinking Brian is acting scummy and his questions are more than likely to appear town and fish some reads for NKs, but I'm waiting on more feedback from Nacho regarding his vote on Cabd.

~Sakura Hana
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:22 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 233, Guyett wrote:the unvote was a product of some serious thinking and both my gut and
the being reckless say he is town
... however I don't like the way he is trying so hard to be town and I really don't like that gambit.
I need more time to think as we still have plenty of time left in the day to decide if he is a good lynch.
I don't like the part in bold, even though it is to my immediate benefit.

The part in italics is the most townish thing I've read so far and gives me a townread of you. If you are going to lynch me anyways (which I wouldn't blame you if you did), it's better to get some good information out of it.
In post 232, beastcharizard wrote:You should have totally claimed anyway.
I don't like how you're still asking for a claim, but I might as well at this point (Guyett technically DID put me at L-1 and Sakura Hana seems close to declaring intent). I'm pretty much dead and I deserve to get lynched.

I'm nyancat. I'm a poptart that races across the endless depths of space. My only abilities are the rainbows turning me into a projectile and the incessantly annoying nyans. Did I mention I come in different flavors?

It's not as good of a claim as I wanted, but I've lost the motivation to make it one. If you can't tell what my role is, I'm a VT.
In post 232, beastcharizard wrote:If you didn't suggest the 1v1 then who did?
Shiny Hydreigon wanted to 1v1 me. I used the gambit to disengage and get a read off it. I didn't think the town would be careless enough to just accept the gambit because I agreed to it. But I was convinced at that point that Shiny Hydreigon was scum and was prepared to give myself up for the trade. I kept the offer on the table because I thought the gambit and 1v1 from Shiny would have been good discussion points to find motivations, allegiances, other possible links, etc. But you guys didn't really want to discuss it and just declared me scum.
In post 240, Shiny Hydreigon wrote:so much fucking ate
i was about to listen to L and reconsider, but goddamnit wtf is 230?

guyett also looks town
Post 230 is self-defeatism. Post 229 made me feel like crap (rightfully so!). And I've been aggravated by the lack of effort from the town trying to find information.

I agree on the guyett read.
In post 238, Lucky2u wrote:
In post 210, Brian Skies wrote:
Here's the thing:
I like LOGIC
Hehe... I made a similar statement to this when I wanted people to think I was town (and I was scum). I like you Brian, I'll wait until tomorrow to lynch you.

Guyett's unvote doesn't ring scummy to me charizard, it looks like a town who got scared he was about to lynch town.

I'm having second thoughts on my shiny read after the last page or two...
Too bad Shiny Hydreigon sailed my logic boat away.

And I'm getting a good townfeel from the combination of guyett's paranoia and desire for more information.
In post 242, Mononoke wrote:Hi sorry for not posting but haven't heard from Nacho for a while, I'm thinking Brian is acting scummy and his questions are more than likely to appear town
and fish some reads for NKs
, but I'm waiting on more feedback from Nacho regarding his vote on Cabd.

~Sakura Hana
Sakura's current play makes me think town. And what? That's an interesting point, but a little far-fetched to me.
In post 232, beastcharizard wrote:What about my ISO is scummy?
You have all these posts and no fluff but nothing seems town to me. Your lack of scumhunting and your extreme lack of desire to find information seems fishy to me. And you used me as either being an odd player or scum as an excuse to jump on the wagon. Why not find that answer yourself? I don't have anything that logically points to you as scum, so it's mostly a gut-read (hence the word seems).
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:25 am

Post by Brian Skies »

If you guys still think I'm scum, go ahead and lynch me. But you guys still have 11 days left, you might as well use some of it.
Guyett
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Hammering Hammered

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:29 am

Post by Guyett »

Get off his wagon. There are better places for your vote
Mononoke
Mononoke
Goon
Mononoke
Goon
Goon

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:29 am

Post by Mononoke »

Man, everytime someone claims VT they get lynched and turn up... in fact VT!, I wasn't intending to vote you, I only said I thought you were scummy, so I'm not sure where you made that assumption, but I do agree that it's not a good idea for the day to end early. The flavor doesnt look like a fake claim to me.
Btw are you an alt? you seem like you know me, but I dont remember you at all.

~Sakura Hana
Guyett
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Hammering Hammered

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:32 am

Post by Guyett »

I thought he was a hydra
Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:32 am

Post by Lucky2u »

UNVOTE:

VOTE: Guyett
The bunny knight reigns supreme!
Get to know me! Here! and now Here too!
Guyett
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Hammering Hammered

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:34 am

Post by Guyett »

Any reason?

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”