Micro 214 -- Chosen Mafia (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:41 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Shane who do you think is Chosen?
Shane
Shane
Townie
Shane
Townie
Townie

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:55 pm

Post by Shane »

It's rather impossible to say without a scum flip.

I would say that there is at least one chosen among the targeted yesterday. However, that doesn't mean anything as everyone except me (narrow) is in that list. If we take out random votes, amrun and jake, because I believe jake is town from his reaction to hohum, then we have a list of runner, nacho/Alex, fitz/jake on the list of at least 1 is chosen, and hohum, ogml, f-16 and me on the 0 or 1 chosen list. Which is not all that useful either.

I don't think this analysis is useful, but you can take from it that fitz is on my town list. Do you have a better angle on the chosen?
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:56 am

Post by havingfitz »

In post 448, Shane wrote:does the killed player get a PM or some notification that they've died? Am trying to figure out F-16's dead man attack.
Why does whether the person who dies at night gets a PM or not matter wrt F-16 (or anyone)?

Also Shane...what are your thoughts on runnerman and F-16?

F-16...what is your case on ho-hum? Have you voiced any suspicions towards him? If not...your vote would read as a lazy hop on a player someone else expressed a bit of suspicion towards. What are your thoughts on runnerman?
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:02 am

Post by havingfitz »

In post 450, OhGodMyLife wrote:Shane who do you think is Chosen?
What good is this question?

Shane
Shane
Townie
Shane
Townie
Townie

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:57 am

Post by Shane »

Because of f-16's vote on amrun. I'm trying to decide whether or not that was genuine. My initial thought was he's faking it. As a townie, the first thing you would do when day starts is to check who died, especially if it was you. However, I don't know the technical details of how games are normally run here, if the killed usually receives PMs then it would be more reasonable to charge in because you know you're still alive.

More on runner man later when I'm at a laptop
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:30 am

Post by havingfitz »

It depends on the mod. Usually if you are killed you get a pm but it might not be immediately in conjunction with the next day opening...especially after N1 if the mod is creating a dead QT.

Regardless...in my own personal experience... when I know a new day has started I always look to see who...if anyone...was the NK. To include myself.

havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:35 am

Post by havingfitz »

Also Shane...how much mafia experience and are you an alt? And an avatar would be nice to advertise your posts.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:18 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 443, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:I am a little worried Nacho and Shane haven't posted despite the mass prod.
I'm here. I'm catching up now.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:18 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 62, runnerman wrote:Are you joking or something? What reasons did people give? I didn't see anything. From my pov it seemed ridiculous and I felt like, whatever, I'm a villager so if you want to waste a lynch on me go ahead.
Early suicidal tendencies sometimes lean town to me. This one was no exception, although I hope you've kicked that habit by this point.
In post 98, runnerman wrote:I posted my reason in #55 but I've since changed my mind, it really doesn't mean much either way, he could do this as scum or town. I got a bit pissed because my wagon formed so fast and it didn't make much sense to me, so I figured there had to be scum involved. I still think it's a real possibility but I'm keeping more of an open mind now.
This is a reaffirmation of my earlier townread.

Falcon is lurking again and I don't really like it at all.
In post 120, Jake from State Farm wrote:having trouble wrapping my head around this game but I did manage to iso runnerman and I don't really see scum intent in his posts, so I think this wagon is bad.
Agreeing with this, runnerman is moving from mostly town to godtown.
In post 130, Narrow wrote:JKMatthews seems fairly obviously town. I don't like some of the things runnerman has done, like his F-16_Fighting_Falcon vote earlier or how he piggybacked F-16_Fighting_Falcon's Amrun case, but his recent interaction with JKMatthews actually feels genuine and sort of town-ish and I get the impression he's suffering from culture shock. Alexcellent had some good posts before when he was questioned about his interaction with me regarding my OhGodMyLife vote in that they read like he truly thought that not questioning me further was the right thing to do, but I don't like how he's been responding to JKMatthews and runnerman so far.
This is nice and all, but you don't actually make any conclusions in this paragraph, and I don't like how you don't vote Alexcellent here.
In post 142, hohum wrote:you know what I'm caught up and I agree with Amrun.

Vote runnerman
lazy as fuck, probably scum.

Jake seems decently town from page 7.
In post 175, hohum wrote:Oh stop it you two. These town spats are spammy and distracting.
Why did you think it was a town spat?
In post 246, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:If we were still in RVS and there was no serious discussion going on, it makes sense to generate discussion. However, this occurred in page 3 where we ad plenty to discuss. My initial suspicion was that Amrun wanted to look town by meticulously following up on every question. But the content of the answer is largely irrelevant compared with actual game related discussion that has taken place.
You find her scum for asking an irrelevant question on page 3? That's pretty weak.
In post 252, Narrow wrote:I'm probably not chosen because apparently I have gotten away with lurking without anyone ever mentioning it, so hooray!
^^
town.
In post 261, Amrun wrote:Hohum wasn't lurking then, and that anger is a town tell, not a scum tell.
No.
In post 295, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:It looks like the only players we are going to lynch are either hohum or jk. I am not particularly suspicious of either but I'll re-read to see if anything crops up.
I didn't like this post at all. It's posturing for your eventual JK vote (haven't read that far but I'm sure that's where you'll end up), and you make no effort to follow up on the Amrun case even though you seemed pretty confident about going that way before.
In post 332, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:Based on Alex's , I am convinced JKMatthews is scum.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: JKMatthews
THIS is your followup? This is pitiful.
In post 404, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:Sorry, I wasn't paying attention. I was so convinced Amrun was scum, I was intending to wagon her the minute I saw the day thread open. I really don't know why scum would kill her as I would almost certainly have pushed her lynch really hard today.

F-16 is seeming a little better with his contributions today, OGML is doing absolutely nothing for the entire game, so there's that.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:20 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

runnerman, fitz, shane are all strong town to me at the moment.
F-16 is the least scummy of the remaining players, hohum and OGML are the most likely scumteam.

Vote: hohum

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:24 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 142, hohum wrote:you know what I'm caught up and I agree with Amrun.

Vote runnerman
I don't like how closely you followed Amrun this game. Even after Amrun was killed, you were sheeping her reads (even though you clearly got distracted because of Jake suspicion, you said you had still had faith in her reads). You were probably sheeping her because she was calling you town although you weren't really doing anything that looked even vaguely town.
In post 368, hohum wrote:I see jake is still here spamming this thread. I'm so unmotivated to post it's not funny.
Not exactly happy with you blaming not being motivated on Jake's spamming when you clearly weren't motivated to post earlier (see: runnerman vote and "catchup").
In post 398, hohum wrote:
Vote: Falcon
because he's now in direct conflict of a read posted by confirmed town.

Obviously I was right when I put faith into her reads.
"She called me town and someone is voting her after she died! Her reads are obviously right!"
No.

OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:53 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

I like how you dump me in your scumreads without actually addressing anything I've said
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:08 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

In post 439, havingfitz wrote:Mod...I wasn't due a prod and have been one of the most active posters recently. And does Nacho know he has replaced into this game? But I agree the game is stagnating.
Everyone received one. As stated earlier, the deadline had been extended by three days. Given hohum's (and now runnerman's) absences however,
the deadline will be suspended until they return or I can find replacements

Vote Count 2 - 3

• runnerman
    (2) (Shane - havingfitz)

hohum
    (2) (F-16_Fighting_Falcon - Nachomamma8)

Shane
    (1) (OhGodMyLife)

F-16_Fighting_Falcon
    (1) (hohum)

OhGodMyLife
    (1) (runnerman)

Not Voting
    (0) (
    F-16_Fighting_Falcon
    -
    havingfitz
    -
    Nachomamma8
    )
With seven alive, it takes four to lynch.

Current Deadline: Temporarily Suspended
Last edited by RedCoyote on Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:54 pm

Post by havingfitz »

In post 458, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 175, hohum wrote:Oh stop it you two. These town spats are spammy and distracting.
Why wouldn't scum just sit back (as hohum has done much of the game iirc) and let town go at each other?

Shane
Shane
Townie
Shane
Townie
Townie

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:43 pm

Post by Shane »

In post 456, havingfitz wrote:Also Shane...how much mafia experience and are you an alt? And an avatar would be nice to advertise your posts.
I've played like 2 games ages ago, but on a different site, so not an alt. I'll get around to the avatar some time.

In post 452, havingfitz wrote: Also Shane...what are your thoughts on runnerman and F-16?
i had a town read on runner based off the first several pages, but then he lurked off and i'm a little more uncertain about it.
F-16 I have my doubts about as I've already expressed. His actions so far have been suspicious, and I'm not sure what to make of him going for the hohum vote exactly like I told him that looks like a scummy thing he's trying to do. Sometimes you think scum will try to act less scummy.
In post 463, havingfitz wrote:
Why wouldn't scum just sit back (as hohum has done much of the game iirc) and let town go at each other?
Somehow the way hohum did it seemed rather insincere to me. Like scum trying to go 'hey look at me i'm calling people town'. It definitely pinged me the first time i read it too.
In post 462, RedCoyote wrote:
Vote Count 2 - 3

• runnerman
    (2) (Shane - havingfitz)

hohum
    (2) (F-16_Fighting_Falcon - Nachomamma8)

Narrow
    (1) (OhGodMyLife)

F-16_Fighting_Falcon
    (1) (hohum)

OhGodMyLife
    (1) (runnerman)

Not Voting
    (0) (
    F-16_Fighting_Falcon
    -
    havingfitz
    -
    Nachomamma8
    )
With seven alive, it takes four to lynch.

Current Deadline: Temporarily Suspended
@mod: you missed replacing one Narrow

I hadn't realized I was voting.

UNVOTE: runnerman

Thanks, I got it.
Last edited by RedCoyote on Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:44 am

Post by havingfitz »

In lieu of runnerman support I would go for an F16 wagon. OGML would be my third choice.

Shane
Shane
Townie
Shane
Townie
Townie

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:56 am

Post by Shane »

I'm thinking hohum, but would like the replacements to appear first.

why do you think OGML?
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:24 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 461, OhGodMyLife wrote:I like how you dump me in your scumreads without actually addressing anything I've said
Can I swap you with F-16 again and you can be the towniest of the scumreads?
And maybe you can stop voting Narrow and do something better with your vote (like vote hohum)?
In post 463, havingfitz wrote:
He has to do something.
Not to mention he didn't even intervene in the argument, he just went "stop fighting guys" and only continued interacting because Jake forced him to.
In post 465, havingfitz wrote:In lieu of runnerman support I would go for an F16 wagon. OGML would be my third choice.
Is hohum really a townread for you?

havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:04 pm

Post by havingfitz »

In post 467, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 465, havingfitz wrote:In lieu of runnerman support I would go for an F16 wagon. OGML would be my third choice.
Is hohum really a townread for you?
In post 439, havingfitz wrote:
In post 436, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:Nearly forgot about this game. HavingFitz, reason for Hohum townread?
Based on the absence of making me think he is scum.

F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:29 pm

Post by F-16_Fighting_Falcon »

I really need to get into this game and do a re-read.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:03 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Can you do better than that, Fitz?

F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:07 am

runnerman

Runnerman reads very town to me. His reaction to his wagon and the genuine confusion comes from a an uninformed perspective. His speculation that there are scum on his wagon without really knowing who they are reads very townish and confused. His shows consistent thinking with his earlier townread of me. It fits with the way he scumhunts - saying that people that have the same thought patterns as him are town. Regardless of the accuracy of scumhunting method, it shows that he is actually trying to find scum in his way. is another townish post. Scum would be disinclined to aggravate people that aren't voting for them.

The only thing I don't understand is why vote OGML Day 2?

hohum

Hohum in says that he has caught up and that he agrees with Amrun. , he calls the spats between Jake from State Farm and Amrun to be town-town. However, when Jake from State Farm demands that Hohum answer his questions, Hohum criticises him for spamming. The dismissiveness here in odd considering that he townreads JfSF. His quick turnaround after Jake persists in questioning him makes little sense. It seems like he almost voted Jake as policy in . The rest of his ISO for Day 1 is more comments about lurking, spamming, and insulting. His Day 2 vote on me is wierd considering he says that he was right when he put faith into her reads. But he can't know that because no scum has flipped yet and Amrun attacked the flipped town.

- Rest of the reads later.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:36 am

Nacho, what is your reasoning for believing that OGML is scum?
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:26 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

In post 451, Shane wrote:Do you have a better angle on the chosen?
Seeing my place in so many lists as 2nd and 3rd scum suspect, the random speedwagon to start day one and just a gut feeling I'm pretty sure I am one of the chosen.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:45 pm

In post 473, OhGodMyLife wrote:
In post 451, Shane wrote:Do you have a better angle on the chosen?
Seeing my place in so many lists as 2nd and 3rd scum suspect, the random speedwagon to start day one and just a gut feeling I'm pretty sure I am one of the chosen.
I assume that means you think one of the people who are listing you as their second or third suspects are scum? Who are those people?

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”