Raffles
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Mafia Zcum

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:06 am

Post by Raffles »

But jokes aside, for the moment I don't find you scummy. I think my vote would be better used electing the second tribune as you seem to be comfortably going to be elected anyway.

AndrewS, are you convinced now that I can make posts of substance, when the time is right?

Tribunal Vote Count

Mastermind of Sin - 5(Zindaras, Primate, TheEyeOfMordor, ~N9V~, Toaster Strudel)
Raffles - 4(Raffles, Cephrir, Battle Mage, Panzerjager)
Kison - 1(mole)
Cheesefan - 1(Kison)
Rand Althor - 1(Rand Althor)
mole - 1(AndrewS)
Panzerjager - 1(livingod)
Woof!
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:22 am

Post by Zindaras »

Is there a post counter, MoS?

I think the argument between MoS and me may actually be useful.
Show
Finished: 159 (120 Town, 33 Mafia, 5 Other, 1 Cult, 4 Cultivated)
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Town: 52 Wins, 54 Losses (2 Wins as Cult)
Mafia: 13 Wins, 15 Losses (1 Win as Cult)
Other: 3 Wins, 1 Loss (1 Win as Cult)
Cult: 0 Wins, 1 Loss
Cultivated: 4 Wins, 0 Losses
59 Survived, 31 Lynched, 60 Killed
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:25 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

Zind, go to All Posts by User, check the latest post's post subject and add 1, if you wish to know someone's post count in the game.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:30 am

Post by Zindaras »

Nono, I know that, but I was wondering if there was a way to get everyone's post count in one nice little list.
Show
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:32 am

Do that repeatedly and plug the results into Excel.

(No.)

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:49 am

Post by Battle Mage »

meh-ill believe it when i see it. So far all he is done is go off-topic and confuse me (and CES by the looks of it). I am very dubious of the amount of support he acquired before he even made a post-especially from both tribunes. Toaster Strudel voted for him without any reason whatsoever.
FOS: Toaster Strudel, Zindaras, Primate

Zindaras wrote:MoS is a known quality player. That's why I voted him.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:53 am

Confusing me is, de facto, impossible. I merely stepped in to maintain an atmosphere friendly to all.

Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:00 am

Post by Zindaras »

Battle Mage wrote:meh-ill believe it when i see it. So far all he is done is go off-topic and confuse me (and CES by the looks of it). I am very dubious of the amount of support he acquired before he even made a post-especially from both tribunes. Toaster Strudel voted for him without any reason whatsoever.
MoS has a better track record than any other non-Consul in this game (and maybe even better than any Consul, too). MoS has experience and skill, and those two variables are most important.

Also, regarding the confusion thing, I think it was actually good for the town and that it was a bit of a shame that Cessy broke it so harshly.
Show
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:05 am

Post by Battle Mage »

how is confusing the town good? :?
As i say, ill personally assess his skill based on how he plays. So far he looks pretty scummy, but its not vote time yet. I havent been in a game with him (as far as i remember) so i will reserve judgement until this one has continued. :)

Zindaras wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:meh-ill believe it when i see it. So far all he is done is go off-topic and confuse me (and CES by the looks of it). I am very dubious of the amount of support he acquired before he even made a post-especially from both tribunes. Toaster Strudel voted for him without any reason whatsoever.
MoS has a better track record than any other non-Consul in this game (and maybe even better than any Consul, too). MoS has experience and skill, and those two variables are most important.

Also, regarding the confusion thing, I think it was actually good for the town and that it was a bit of a shame that Cessy broke it so harshly.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:05 am

Post by Kison »

Primate wrote:We're already halfway through this week and we've barely got one relevant wagon. Mos is legit. We should already be looking for our second.
I concur.

Vote : Mastermind of Sin
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:07 am

Post by Primate »

A confused town is an honest town. Scum just ascribe things up to the confusion, later, but still, it's nice to have it.
AndrewS
AndrewS
Goon
AndrewS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:56 pm

Post by AndrewS »

Raffles - the question wasn't
whether or not you could make substantial posts,
it was
whether you actually
had
. In other words - there is absolutely no reason for you to have such following - yet you do. Why? Is this inexperienced scum attempting to support one of their own, not realizing that they were giving themselves away? Newbies blindly following the person that they see the most? Quite frankly, I'd like to hear explanations from everyone who voted for Raffles as to why. It makes no logical sense.
"I hear that random.org punches babies." - Thesp
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:17 pm

Post by PJ. »

Vote for Tribune: Andrews
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
AndrewS
AndrewS
Goon
AndrewS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:19 pm

Post by AndrewS »

That's not an explanation. Please explain your previous vote.
AndrewS
AndrewS
Goon
AndrewS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:39 pm

Post by AndrewS »

Oh, and Cephirir - I went back and found post 61....Doesn't help a whole lot. He had made 6 posts before that, but 5 were one-liners, and didn't give a person much to base things on. What gave you this pro-town vibe?
AndrewS
AndrewS
Goon
AndrewS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:41 pm

Post by AndrewS »

Sorry to triple post but, mod, could we get a prod on Timmy? He's not posted.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:54 pm

Post by PJ. »

I felt raffles was town and helpful.
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
TheEyeOfMordor
TheEyeOfMordor
Goon
TheEyeOfMordor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:30 pm

Post by TheEyeOfMordor »

I personally think that AndrewS would make a good Tribune as well as MoS.
In the name of Mark Lazarus....
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:04 pm

Post by Zindaras »

Primate wrote:A confused town is an honest town. Scum just ascribe things up to the confusion, later, but still, it's nice to have it.
Exactly. Confused town and scum are different, just like normal town and normal scum are different. Confused scum may panic and screw up.
Show
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:12 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

i originally voted for Twito because i thought he was a genuine sorta guy who would play the game honestly if he was town. He didnt turn up, and Raffles did, so i changed my vote to him. Evidently Raffles is active, and from his posts i would say he is perceptive. given a choice between someone who looks like clever scum (MoS) and someone who i feel will play the game properly, i chose Raffles. I still think he is the best candidate we have at the moment.
i will ask the same question about the MoS wagon. Why vote for him? i dont want the same old answer- "hes really good". How do you know he isnt scum?, and most of all, why has no-one picked up on the fact that BOTH consuls have voted for him?
BM

AndrewS wrote:Raffles - the question wasn't
it was
whether you actually
had
. In other words - there is absolutely no reason for you to have such following - yet you do. Why? Is this inexperienced scum attempting to support one of their own, not realizing that they were giving themselves away? Newbies blindly following the person that they see the most? Quite frankly, I'd like to hear explanations from everyone who voted for Raffles as to why. It makes no logical sense.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:15 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Zindaras wrote:

*speechless*

<3 Zindybuns ^_^

BM, if you want to know how I play, just read through my games. There are 85 finished ones on this site documenting my abilities at various levels of activity.

I, too, was looking forward to continuing that blessed argument.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:24 pm

Battle Mage wrote:i originally voted for Twito because i thought he was a genuine sorta guy who would play the game honestly if he was town. He didnt turn up, and Raffles did, so i changed my vote to him. Evidently Raffles is active, and from his posts i would say he is perceptive. given a choice between someone who looks like clever scum (MoS) and someone who i feel will play the game properly, i chose Raffles. I still think he is the best candidate we have at the moment.
i will ask the same question about the MoS wagon. Why vote for him? i dont want the same old answer- "hes really good". How do you know he isnt scum?, and most of all, why has no-one picked up on the fact that BOTH consuls have voted for him?
BM

AndrewS wrote:Raffles - the question wasn't
it was
whether you actually
had
BM, isn't the fact that both Consuls voted me generally a point in my favor? The consulmaker picked fairly experienced and reliable players, and the chances of both being scum are slim to none. The fact that both of them would trust me with Tribune is just a monument to my perceived experience by other good players.

Also, if you bothered to read my other games, you'd notice that I look scummy in most every game, regardless of alignment. I think it has something to do with the fact that I don't really care about looking protown. My priorities are not to protect myself, but to protect the town and search out all the scum. If the town lynches me because of my methods (which are tried and true), so be it. At least after I'm dead they'll know I was protown and can lynch the scumbags I found.

If you want an example of my playing ability, check out Himalayan Mafia. With a mountainous setup (no power roles, just scum and townies), I helped lead lynches on scum Day 1 and Day 2, then opposed the Day 3 lynch where the town mislynched. I was killed Night 3, the same night that I figured out both of the remaining scum. This is verifiable by asking several of the people I told my suspicions to when I died, including LML, the scum that everyone else considered cleared except me and Lloyd. Ironicly enough, I think that was one of the games where no one thought me particularly scummy. Of course, part of the reason I don't mind looking scummy is that no scum bothers to kill me since they figure they can get me lynched. Games like Himalayan where I manage to look protown, the scum get all scared and kill me off (I was told that the scum actually tried to kill me Night 2, but missed the deadline and had a random kill instead).

Does that answer your question, BM, or are you still unsure of your parameters?
Permanent V/LA.
Raffles
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Mafia Zcum

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:30 pm

Post by Raffles »

AndrewS wrote: the question wasn't whether or not you could make substantial posts, it was whether you actually had. In other words - there is absolutely no reason for you to have such following - yet you do. Why?
I think whether I actually had posted anything of substance depends upon whether there was actually anything I could make a comment on, but it's a bit side-tracking the question so I'll put it at the end.

The reason why I want to prove this is because I want to vote for you. You would make a good tribune. I don't think I'd be in disagreement with anyone over that. But if I elect you as a tribune, I'm scared that you'd be hellbent on tryng to lynch me rather than judging me fairly, the reason being the vote itself no less.

(i.e. You FoSed me, I vote for you. What does that look like?)

As for the circumstances, so far at page 8, there has been 3 "serious" topics.

1. Panzerjager's role claim
2. The trigger happy attitude of the Consuls
3. Mastermind of Sin

1. I commented on, and had a discussion over.
2. I dismissed it as a joke almost immediately so saw no point in doing so.
3. I repeatedly commented on, but no one seemed to take notice.

It's a bit strange that you FoS on me on this basis, when there are so many others that has posted single figure number of posts, with no more than couple of lines. I understand that this is not the only factor, the thing that twigged you is this and the bandwagon together. I cannot comment on the bandwagon, I can't make a bandwagon on myself. This is for the others who voted for me to explain why they have.
Woof!
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:33 pm

Oh yeah, forgot to
Vote For Tribune: AndrewS

Raffles, Tribunes can't kill people. They are on the same footing as all other non-consuls when it comes to arguing for a person's death. Making AndrewS Tribune isn't going to make you more likely to die, except that if he does want you dead he won't veto your death if it happens. Personally, I don't think that's a big enough issue to prevent you from voting him.
Permanent V/LA.
Raffles
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Mafia Zcum

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:48 am

Post by Raffles »

MoS, the way I see it, I want two qualities from tribune.

1. Ability to construct a good argument.
2. Fairness
(3. Not a scum (obv))

I'm saying AndrewS is very good at 1, hence he would make a good tribune. But I'm also saying his accusation on me is unfair, and I want to see if he still thinks it was a fair attack.
Woof!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”