Newbie 295: Mafia own the town!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
bigAl
bigAl
Goon
bigAl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:53 pm

Post by bigAl »

Thanks for playing all. I hope I'll see our new players around the site. Thanks for modding again MeMe!

I was worried there in post 266, since it made almost no sense for IH to vote kaos when he did, and it made equally no sense for bertrand to vote IH when did....leaving only me as scum. Also slightly worrying was IH's distinct lack of
any
complaints towards my play, I wondered if anyone would pick that up. Then again, I guess that was most og the other people's opnions too.

Also, thanks again for the compliments Bertrand.
Come play Metroplexity! Come play Unangband!
kaos
kaos
Townie
kaos
Townie
Townie

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:19 pm

Post by kaos »

Wow, you had me convinced that you were a townie. Well played bigAl.
Per
Per
Goon
Per
Goon
Goon

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:03 am

Post by Per »

My gut said that BigAl was scum on Day 1. :P

I was completely surprised about IH though. My list (most suspicious first) was Bertrand, BigAl, kaos. Congratulations to the mafia, you played it really well. I guess two IC's against 4 newbies and 1 IC is a hard game for the town. :) But very well done.

@BigAl: I guess you will see me on this site in the future. I'm currently playing Newbie 314 and Mini 411 so I think I'm getting started. :)

@MeMe: thanks for modding, it was a smooth game. ;)

My conclusions of this game (my first one on a mafia-dedicated site): think twice, no thrice before posting. My lynch -1 vote WAS a newbie mistake but one can never talk himself out of that I have learned.
Secondly, when you're threatened in a deadline, don't vote on who you think, but vote with the majority, lol. I changed my vote from kaos to Bertrand which was equal to signing my own death. If I had stuck to kaos, there was a chance that he would get lynched and I would live.

Too bad I couldn't play a lylo situation. It puts you under pressure and I think I would have liked it. But there will be plenty of games though (starting with Newbie 314). :)
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:49 am

Post by IH »

Nah, I would have gotten you lynched Per. That's one reason I got lynched on day 2 I think, because I lacked a decent case against anyone, and I was tired of the game stalling.

Al, sorry, I should have attacked you more, but the majority of the town was so sure you were protown that I just didn't risk it = D

Probably we could have gotten Kaos to join in with you and me Al, but I figured Bertrand would have been easier to convince, since Kaos had made more mistakes and such. Bah. Oh well, winnage. Good game all!
Untrod Tripod (7:27:18 PM): you enjoy whoring
xcaykex (7:27:24 PM): yes
xcaykex (7:27:26 PM): i know that
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:38 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Last post.