Mini 1501: We're On A Boat! (END?! results inside)

Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:27 am

Post by Plum »

I had a weird Townread on him to start. I felt his vote on the Aero wagon was perhaps less objectionable than most others (maybe this has too much to do with expectations of a player to see or not see that a wagon is shallow?) and his point and vote on Kaze were original, pithy, and relevant. All the rest was pretty meh and the fact that I didn't object was probably due to those expectations and early read as Town (and fferylt's point about how he called the initial Brian wagon 'too coincidental' when he voted Aero is good reason to reconsider that feeling as well). Hopefully having a new player in the slot will help me refocus.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:32 am

Post by notscience »

Everyone died ;-;
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:33 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

In post 626, notscience wrote:Everyone died ;-;
So push discussion

Plum, thoughts on Brian lynch?
To be clear: quack
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:38 am

Post by fferyllt »

Empire, I really, really don't like that so far your play has been mostly observational and reactive.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
pitoli
pitoli
Mafia Scum
pitoli
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:51 am

Post by pitoli »

So that's ChannelDelibird's fourth prod. Might think about looking for a replacement if this keeps up but for now I'm too lazy -____-
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:57 am

Post by Brian Skies »

@Ffery: How does he usually play?
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:26 am

Post by CrashTextDummie »

YYR and Kaze dropping out without addressing my issues with them is awfully inconvenient. Dorcas needs to get his ass in here already.
In post 629, pitoli wrote:
So that's ChannelDelibird's fourth prod. Might think about looking for a replacement if this keeps up but for now I'm too lazy -____-
Please do replace him.
In post 385, CrashTextDummie wrote:Also, CDB, if you're going to flake, please do it sooner rather than later.
[i]Mgm laughed nervously, his cheeks flushing in the faintest of blushes. "Patrick... I only wanted to be with you... that's why I put the game to night, so Glork would get killed."[/i] - the heartwarming conclusion of Face to Face Mafia
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:45 am

Post by CrashTextDummie »

In post 606, pitoli wrote:
VOTE COUNT 1.10

Spyrex:
Plum, Notscience

YYR:
fferyllt, CrashTextDummie
Empire:
Kazekimaru

ChannelDelibird:
Brian Skies

Kazekirimaru
:
Garmr
, SpyreX
Brian Skies:
ChannelDelibird, LolWagons, SleepyKrew

Not Voting:
YYR, Empire

With 13 alive, it takes 7 votes to lynch.
If your vote is in italics, it needs to be put to better use. Spyrex and Kaze are dead wagons. Brian's CDB vote is a bad joke at this stage of the game. "It pings the gut" on a guy no one is interested in is just an excuse to park your vote. With 7/13 votes either stagnant or not in use, it's no wonder the game is going nowhere. With the amount of mutual town reads going on, it should be possible to find common ground somewhere.

Empire, could you please provide a game you think best represents your scum play?
[i]Mgm laughed nervously, his cheeks flushing in the faintest of blushes. "Patrick... I only wanted to be with you... that's why I put the game to night, so Glork would get killed."[/i] - the heartwarming conclusion of Face to Face Mafia
pitoli
pitoli
Mafia Scum
pitoli
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:53 am

Post by pitoli »

In post 631, CrashTextDummie wrote:Dorcas needs to get his ass in here already.
If Dorcas still hasn't picked up their role PM in 24 hours, I intend to replace them as well.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:19 pm

Post by Peabody »

I've still gotta finish reading before posting. The miller claim is weird.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:21 pm

Post by notscience »

Who would be a better vote, CTD?
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:42 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

In post 634, Peabody wrote:I've still gotta finish reading before posting. The miller claim is weird.
Why did you make this post?
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:43 pm

Post by Peabody »

In post 636, SleepyKrew wrote:
In post 634, Peabody wrote:I've still gotta finish reading before posting. The miller claim is weird.
Why did you make this post?
Mostly a prod dodge.
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:46 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

You already had a post less than 7 hours prior. Why did you feel the need to make another post, and why did you include the miller comment?
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:10 pm

Post by Peabody »

In post 638, SleepyKrew wrote:You already had a post less than 7 hours prior. Why did you feel the need to make another post, and why did you include the miller comment?
Oh. I didn't know it was 7 hours prior. This game is nagging on my brain much like homework would. It's another to-do, and I feel bad for delaying my re-read, especially since I'll be busy most of this weekend. I mentioned the miller claim to offer a quick thought on the two pages I
did
read. But mostly, I felt like I needed to write something game-related to suffice for my prod-dodge.
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:58 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

Except you didn't offer any real thoughts. Why would you feel like you need to say something game related in a prod drudge before you're caught up? Do you have a history of this behavior?
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:59 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

drudge = dodge
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:04 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 640, SleepyKrew wrote:Except you didn't offer any real thoughts. Why would you feel like you need to say something game related in a prod drudge before you're caught up?
Do you have a history of this behavior
?
It's kinda caught my attention that you ask these sorts of meta questions but aren't really that curious about the answers.

Idic
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:05 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

When have I asked something like that this game besides the one about your RVS habits?
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:05 pm

Post by Empire »

Sorry for the relative inactivity here but a lot of stuff on my end at the moment is waiting for the now two replacements to come in so I can sort them out and I've been kind of losing motivation from the waiting game here. Now that I think about it, I might do some meta reading over the weekend (particularly looking at the Slaxx slot since I still don't have a read there either way).
In post 609, Brian Skies wrote:I'm assuming your read was only based on Smudger at this point. A lot of Smudger's actions looked scummy at first glance, but when attacked about it, he didn't seem to care. He continuously expressed the attitude of "so what?" I feel like scum would be more sensitive about how people view them. The conflict between his actions and his attitude when attacked about his actions gave me a null-read of the slot. Also, despite being extremely verbose, I had extreme difficulty spotting contradictions (as in nothing jumps out at me). Also, he asked questions and pushed back. The reason why I thought your read of him was genuine was because it was something I felt as well. Smudger was a person I couldn't wrap my head around. Since replacing in, Lolwagons has appeared town to me. I liked his entrance post a lot.
Wait, so is it the conclusion or the reasoning that resonates with you? And as far as LolWagons goes, I'm having a hard time figuring him out myself. I can't really read PbPA-style catchups like his initial one as they feel disjointed to me and I can't really trace the progression of thoughts as easily as I could otherwise.
In post 616, Plum wrote:Speaking of, Empire came in with a whole bunch of reads but now he has no scumread he's even comfortable placing a vote on? Seriously? He's got a list of Townreads a mile long he's apparently wedded to, though. Oh yeah.
Yeah. Seriously. I'm not going to throw down a vote on someone for the hell of it and doubly so when the closest things I have to suspects aren't even in the game anymore. Getting reads by PoE is how I play and this is probably the first time in a long while I've had a list of townreads I've felt good about so I'm not really seeing what the issue is.
In post 628, fferyllt wrote:Empire, I really, really don't like that so far your play has been mostly observational and reactive.
There might be an element of reactive-ness to it but to say my play's observational is really really unfair. It's not like I've been commenting on events without drawing conclusions from them -- I've given reads and have given my reasons; I wish I had been around more when SpyreX was getting wagoned before the whole Neighborhood business happened so I could have gotten a little more from him but after that, I couldn't keep my vote there in good conscience so ever since the game's just hit a huge lull. It's stagnating for me right now because there are three slots left that I really want to sort and they're not here. If that means sitting back for a bit and then waiting, then so be it. I'm not going to generate content for the sake of it.

Speaking of, there's something I want to say about the SpyreX / notscience Neighborhood situation but I'm waiting for something very to happen and I'll bring it up when it's relevant. I guess all I'm asking is for a little bit more patience on my end.
In post 632, CrashTextDummie wrote:Empire, could you please provide a game you think best represents your scum play?
I'm not sure how representative this will be of my scum play since both games happened a year ago now but sure: Micro 42 (I was Black Mask) and Micro 70.

As far as the voting thing goes, see above: I think the root cause of the game being stuck in a stasis like this is the fact that the two ? slots that people need to sort out are AWOL (there being several consensus townreads naturally means that people's attentions are going to turn to the less active slots).

P-edit: SKrew, not really sure what the point of this line of questioning is at all.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:08 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 551, SleepyKrew wrote:
In post 458, fferyllt wrote:
UNVOTE
Do you have a history of avoiding lynching strong players D1?
In post 555, SleepyKrew wrote:
No need to dig up games; I doubt you'd lie about that and I'm lazy.

I thought Maestro was your top scumread at the time?
~Fixed?
Last edited by pitoli on Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:09 pm

Post by fferyllt »

screwed up the quote tags. :/

Idic
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:09 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

In post 642, fferyllt wrote:
In post 640, SleepyKrew wrote:Except you didn't offer any real thoughts. Why would you feel like you need to say something game related in a prod drudge before you're caught up?
Do you have a history of this behavior
?
It's kinda caught my attention that you ask these sorts of meta questions but aren't really that curious about the answers.
Do you think this behavior is scummy? I'd think it was.

Empire, probably nothing.
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:10 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

In post 645, fferyllt wrote:
In post 551, SleepyKrew wrote:
In post 458, fferyllt wrote:
UNVOTE
Do you have a history of avoiding lynching strong players D1?

In post 555, SleepyKrew wrote:
No need to dig up games; I doubt you'd lie about that and I'm lazy.

I thought Maestro was your top scumread at the time?
642 sounded like you have multiple examples. I honestly doubt that this specific thing is something you'd lie about if you're scum.
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:11 pm

Post by Empire »

Ugh actually I realized I should have just waited until after the dude responded. Whatever, I guess I'll bring it up later whenever Peabody dude answers.

Man, I'm bored.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”