SecondEngineer
SecondEngineer
Townie
SecondEngineer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:57 am

Post by SecondEngineer »

Oops, I miscounted. Thought he would be at L-2 with my vote.

UNVOTE
Drake Crusader
Drake Crusader
Goon
Drake Crusader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:29 am

Post by Drake Crusader »

I get off for a night and this thread blows up! I still don't like second in the beginning however, I do believe his reason. Now I have to go over and look things over.
UNVOTE:
Since Second has quelled anything I had against him that leaves good ole Montosh. Didn't like you before. Still don't like you now! With your recent posts you could just be some scum who is trying to lynch off and confuse us with your short answers.
FOS:Montosh
I believe other than him my only other suspicion would be back at JacobSavage. He hasn't really thrown much in and it bothers me to think that he could be a potential buddy for Montosh.
I feel that I may have to look over some things. I shall report in when I find something new and exciting!
"We all of us need to be toppled off the throne of self, my dear," he said. "Perched up there the tears of others are never upon our own cheek.”
― Elizabeth Goudge
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:17 am

Post by notscience »

In post 101, Drake Crusader wrote:I get off for a night and this thread blows up! I still don't like second in the beginning however, I do believe his reason. Now I have to go over and look things over.
UNVOTE:
Since Second has quelled anything I had against him that leaves good ole Montosh. Didn't like you before. Still don't like you now! With your recent posts you could just be some scum who is trying to lynch off and confuse us with your short answers.
FOS:Montosh
I believe other than him my only other suspicion would be back at JacobSavage. He hasn't really thrown much in and it bothers me to think that he could be a potential buddy for Montosh.
I feel that I may have to look over some things. I shall report in when I find something new and exciting!
^Found his scumbud
Spaces
Spaces
Townie
Spaces
Townie
Townie

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:45 am

Post by Spaces »

I think there's two important and distinct differences between Second and Montosh. To me, an uncertain newbie is likely to make mistakes because they're nervous. Second's mistake feels like that kind of nervousness. He could be town, or he could be mafia, but the sarcasm but only really says "new" to me, rather than clarifying which type of newness that is.

Montosh's "follower" status also seems to have a unsure newbie quality to it, but I'm not so sure it's a newbie
town
quality. As a town newbie, I feel like you'd be more likely to lay low to try and learn from everyone else's actions. Actually jumping on votes to appear to agree with other town members does seem a little more scum than town.

FOS: Montosh
Montosh
Montosh
Goon
Montosh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:45 am

Post by Montosh »

To be honest guys, I've screwed up bad. I was trying to seem like I knew what I was doing, when I didn't. I then backed off when I realized that trying to pretend I knew what I was doing was voting to lynch a townie. Jacob's and Tigris' posts then made me feel like I didn't know what I was doing(which I didn't, and still don't really). Then notscience pointed out that my vote made it a L-1, and I didn't want any scum to take advantage of my inexperience, so I unvoted for the second time.

I realize, looking back, that this looks really, really suspicious. Hell, i'd probably lynch myself at this point. But at least lynching will move this game along and allow you guys to scumhunt. I do hope to not be lynched of course, but I think I see myself headed for the executioner today...

On a side note, mostly since he replaced ravenpaw:

FOS: notscience

My reasons have been detailed in a previous post(#74)
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:51 am

Post by notscience »

1) lol'd at you "reasons" for raven-scum, being that someone has meta makes them scum? no. Guess who also played in that game? This guy.

2) I advise you actually vote me if you want to prssure me.
Zaicon
Zaicon
Mafia Scum
Zaicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:02 am

Post by Zaicon »

Vote Count 1.4

Montosh (3):
TRG, notscience, Nominull
TRG (1):
JacobSavage

No Vote (5):
Drake Crusader, Montosh, SecondEngineer, Spaces, Tigris

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch!

Deadline is Wednesday, October 30, at 3:30 PM CDT, which is in (expired on 2013-10-30 15:30:00).
Montosh
Montosh
Goon
Montosh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:05 am

Post by Montosh »

In post 105, notscience wrote:1) lol'd at you "reasons" for raven-scum, being that someone has meta makes them scum? no. Guess who also played in that game? This guy.

2) I advise you actually vote me if you want to prssure me.
I feel somewhat trapped. If I vote for you I get accused of being mafia. If I don't I get accused of backing off because i'm scared, because i'm mafia.

What the hell?

VOTE: notscience
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:06 am

Post by notscience »

Oh-so-worried about how you look, aren't you?

That "trapped" feeling is a scum feeling. It's when they're caught.
Spaces
Spaces
Townie
Spaces
Townie
Townie

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:09 am

Post by Spaces »

Montosh does sound very mafia right now. If you're not mafia, then why not try to find the real mafia instead of worrying so much about how
you're
coming off?
Montosh
Montosh
Goon
Montosh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:10 am

Post by Montosh »

Well maybe after i'm lynched and it's revealed i'm town then people will at least consider my vote.

Probably not though, they'll just say I was a stupid townie(but it's just inexperience, not stupidity).
Montosh
Montosh
Goon
Montosh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:10 am

Post by Montosh »

In post 109, Spaces wrote:Montosh does sound very mafia right now. If you're not mafia, then why not try to find the real mafia instead of worrying so much about how
you're
coming off?
Please refer to my previous posts.
Spaces
Spaces
Townie
Spaces
Townie
Townie

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:35 am

Post by Spaces »

No one's saying you're a stupid townie. And I read post #74, and it didn't seem compelling to me. Just because someone says they used to be scum buddies so they might know how someone operates as scum doesn't really mean anything about their alignment
this
game. Furthermore, notscience can't really answer for Raven's actions, so if you actually want to put pressure on him, then you should ask
more
questions and
put pressure on him
, rather than throwing up your hands and giving up. You're obviously not the least bit behind your convictions, and this says to me that you're not actually doing any real analysis, which once again spells out mafia.
Montosh
Montosh
Goon
Montosh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:50 am

Post by Montosh »

In post 112, Spaces wrote:No one's saying you're a stupid townie. And I read post #74, and it didn't seem compelling to me. Just because someone says they used to be scum buddies so they might know how someone operates as scum doesn't really mean anything about their alignment
this
game. Furthermore, notscience can't really answer for Raven's actions, so if you actually want to put pressure on him, then you should ask
more
questions and
put pressure on him
, rather than throwing up your hands and giving up. You're obviously not the least bit behind your convictions, and this says to me that you're not actually doing any real analysis, which once again spells out mafia.
Maybe it doesn't seem that compelling to you, but to be honest, claiming to have special insight into another person just screams scum to me. And I know i'm new but it just seems suspicious. I know that notscience can't answer for Raven's actions, but he does have raven's old role. And he does seem a little to eager to lynch(though that may be because i've made a fool of myself :oops:).

I'm also hoping nominull may come out soon, he can at least tell me his POV on this.
Nominull
Nominull
Mafia Scum
Nominull
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:53 am

Post by Nominull »

In post 112, Spaces wrote:No one's saying you're a stupid townie. And I read post #74, and it didn't seem compelling to me. Just because someone says they used to be scum buddies so they might know how someone operates as scum doesn't really mean anything about their alignment
this
game.
Sure it does. It could be interpreted as an attempt to buddy up to me ("hey, remember that game we were scum in together, don't we still have a lot of positive feelings toward each other based on the natural camaraderie of the mafia?"), or it could be interpreted as an attempt to seem more authoritative later when she says that something I did is similar to a strategy I used as scum in the game we were in together (despite that being pointless since she had not been in a game where I was town). It was not a neutral action, certainly.

notscience has better claim to understanding my meta, since he's been in games with me as both scum and town. But meta is evil so if he doesn't want to exploit that that's perfectly ok by me.
Nominull
Nominull
Mafia Scum
Nominull
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:57 am

Post by Nominull »

My perspective on this is that you're extremely ginger about playing the game, Montosh, throwing around FOS's when they could easily have been votes. And it's weird that you put your FOS on me based on Ravenpaw's misbehavior: if you think I'm scum because Ravenpaw is acting like scum that's buddied with me, you should lynch her first, since your belief that I'm scum is predicated on her being scum and therefore is necessarily weaker.

(In general I would advise you to avoid associative tells from people whose alignments are not yet publicly known! It is hard enough to peg one scum, pegging two together is practically impossible. That goes for you too, notscience.)
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:58 am

Post by notscience »

In post 114, Nominull wrote:
this
game.
Sure it does. It could be interpreted as an attempt to buddy up to me ("hey, remember that game we were scum in together, don't we still have a lot of positive feelings toward each other based on the natural camaraderie of the mafia?"), or it could be interpreted as an attempt to seem more authoritative later when she says that something I did is similar to a strategy I used as scum in the game we were in together (despite that being pointless since she had not been in a game where I was town). It was not a neutral action, certainly.

notscience has better claim to understanding my meta, since he's been in games with me as both scum and town. But meta is evil so if he doesn't want to exploit that that's perfectly ok by me.
Silly nom, he wants you to fight his wagon for him!

And I tried meta last time >.>
Montosh
Montosh
Goon
Montosh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:59 am

Post by Montosh »

In post 115, Nominull wrote:My perspective on this is that you're
extremely ginger about playing the game
, Montosh, throwing around FOS's when they could easily have been votes. And it's weird that you put your FOS on me based on Ravenpaw's misbehavior: if you think I'm scum because Ravenpaw is acting like scum that's buddied with me, you should lynch her first, since your belief that I'm scum is predicated on her being scum and therefore is necessarily weaker.

(In general I would advise you to avoid associative tells from people whose alignments are not yet publicly known! It is hard enough to peg one scum, pegging two together is practically impossible. That goes for you too, notscience.)
May I ask what that expression means?
Nominull
Nominull
Mafia Scum
Nominull
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:19 am

Post by Nominull »

If you do something "gingerly" it means you're being cautious, careful, and hesitant.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:20 am

Post by notscience »

Nom you aren't fighting his wagon hard enough
Montosh
Montosh
Goon
Montosh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:24 am

Post by Montosh »

Well, nominull, your post does make me feel like you're not so scummy, i'll have to think about all this stuff.
TRG
TRG
Townie
TRG
Townie
Townie

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:05 am

Post by TRG »

There's been a lot going on since I last posted so I'm just going to stay on topic, which atm seems to be on Montosh.

From what I've seen if Montosh wasn't a newbie I'd try to get a hammer on him asap, but the fact that he is makes me a bit hesitant to pile on his mistakes.

He's my #1 scum read so far but we still have a lot of Day left. He'll remain my #1 scum read unless if something scummier comes up.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:06 am

Post by notscience »

In post 121, TRG wrote:He'll remain my #1 scum read unless if something scummier comes up.
You don't say
TRG
TRG
Townie
TRG
Townie
Townie

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:16 am

Post by TRG »

In post 122, notscience wrote:
In post 121, TRG wrote:He'll remain my #1 scum read unless if something scummier comes up.
You don't say
This is a newbie game after all... Stating the obvious is a necessity IMO.
TRG
TRG
Townie
TRG
Townie
Townie

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:24 am

Post by TRG »

Really want to see more out of the IC. Doesn't really seem to be contributing much in terms of scum hunting.

VOTE: JacobSavage

Experienced scum is more dangerous than experienced (but unmotivated) town is helpful.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”