NY 167: COMPLETELY NORMAL Mafia (GAME OVER)

orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:47 pm

Post by orcinus_theoriginal »

In post 917, Sakura Hana wrote:I think orc has already made some scummy reactions so you dont need to rely on your Rank mafia history, what do you think?
maybe there is a connection between the two but i'm wavering between that. I still like bauss for town.
We are lazy people on an adventure, flirting with life but too shy to go all the way.
MVP
MVP
Goon
MVP
Goon
Goon

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:49 pm

Post by MVP »

No comment on yessiree's stealth vote?
MVP
MVP
Goon
MVP
Goon
Goon

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:50 pm

Post by MVP »

Oh btw sakura I think I asked you a question few pages ago.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:50 pm

yeah i was just iso'ing him i think that's town
We are lazy people on an adventure, flirting with life but too shy to go all the way.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:51 pm

yessiree reminds me of TIP but worse tbqh
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:53 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

Ehh I missed it:
In post 873, MVP wrote:Either your reasoning is missing at the "*" that I marked in the quote, or you're scumreading us because you don't know our identity.
Which one is it, Sakura?
Actually the reason I'm scum-reading you isn't because i didnt know your identity, im just treating you as a single entity. And as a single entity i got a scum lean on you, because even tho I do actually know one of your heads, i'll just take you as a single entity and a player i've never played with since you decide to go with an anonymous hydra, so that's the treatment you'll get.

Well I guess partly of not knowing all members of your hydra is part of it, considering that's what is causing me to read you as a single entity called Player MVP that i've never played with before.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
MVP
MVP
Goon
MVP
Goon
Goon

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:55 pm

Post by MVP »

Also orci have you played with sakura before?

P-Edir: k so the first option.
TheIrishPope
TheIrishPope
Jack of All Trades
TheIrishPope
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:57 pm

Post by TheIrishPope »

In post 929, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:yessiree reminds me of TIP but worse tbqh
Yeah no
just the tIP
"TiP has a silky, foreign voice"
- Varsoon
Come play Skype Mafia with us!
likeabauss
likeabauss
Goon
likeabauss
Goon
Goon

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:00 pm

Post by likeabauss »

In post 917, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 916, likeabauss wrote:Tell you what, if I'm wrong about Rank, I'll change my name to LikeAPuss. Swear to god. And I'll continue to play here on that name.

If I'm wrong about FratBoyz, I'm open to other name suggestions. FratBoyz choice obviously.
If you're town, please don't do things like these, it feels cheap and you're bringing outside influences into the game.

I think orc has already made some scummy reactions so you dont need to rely on your Rank mafia history, what do you think?
Noted and my apologies on that. I retract those statements.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:00 pm

Post by goodmorning »

well you should go be warned by bauss'

because i don't like when people post things that could get them slaps on the wrist

Votecount 1.31

JacobSavage [L-5] - sangres, MC Maraca, Cephrir, Hermy

Guyett [L-6] - PeregrineV, TheIrishPope, Angry Frat BROs

orcinus_theoriginal [L-6] - MVP, Sakura Hana, yessiree

Angry Frat BROs [L-8] - likeabauss

Hermy [L-8] - RadiantCowbells

sangres [L-8] - Guyett

Sakura Hana [L-8] - orcinus_theoriginal

Not Voting [3] - JacobSavage, caledfwitch, Toomai

With 17 alive, it takes
to lynch. The day will end in (expired on 2013-11-20 09:39:00)

Toomai is V/LA through 11/9.
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:22 pm

Post by sangres »

In post 797, Doctor Jekyll wrote:Mr. Bauss, you haven't really given an initial reason for scumreading AFB IIRC. You just started from that assumption and are now painting them as scum. Orci was never in trouble here though, so I find your last statement to be an exaggeration.

Considering that my experiment seems to have failed, I'm considering dropping the act and changing accounts.
I'm glad you kept the avatar!
In post 815, TheIrishPope wrote:
In post 807, MVP wrote:Since when have you been a proponent of utility lynches TIP? Last I checked, you fight them pretty hard.
This is GIF.
You didn't answer the question.
In post 819, TheIrishPope wrote:Are you not seeing what I'm seeing?
ISO him again and tell me he's contributing to this game.
He was contributing pretty significantly when he was run up.
In post 825, Guyett wrote:Also I'd love to hear what seperates me from the likes of Caled who has actually done nothing and apparently has no interest in contributing to the game.
I'm sure every single fucking oost of mine is terribad -_-
Or JS!
In post 828, RadiantCowbells wrote:I really need time to catch up.
I don't think that's the problem.
In post 841, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 837, MC Maraca wrote:
In post 836, Sakura Hana wrote:Thanks
Since you're here, updated reads from the past few pages?
You seem oddly interested on my reads this game considering you know that I can lie about my reads as town to set up for gambits.

But sure if anything AFB is moving from town to null-town, and TIP is more town, Guyett is more scum, and I still got a null read on you because idk when the heck Mara is posting, so im treating everything as Cabd.

bauss' comments on orc are interesting yes, but i dont think either of them is scum yet. (Inb4 fence sitting).

Idk how the heck to read Cephrir either, at times he looked town and at times scum so that's another null.

MVP is a collection of people whom i dont know the identity, so idk how to read them and im treating them as a single entity instead, null leaning scum.

caledf is being super lurky and is bothering me.

RC is being RC, null.

and the others I haven't formed a decent opinion on yet...
You left me out :neutral:
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:34 pm

Post by sangres »

In post 844, Cephrir wrote:Oh boy, I finally got one townread I am reasonably confident in! I was actually thinking about drawing up a reads list before post 842 happened with likeabauss on top of it, mostly due to my overall lack of conviction this game, but damn that moonlogic (there's a better word for this I know) is so town. And this is not the same as towndrugs, because his reasons are not ludicrous. town, town, town, town, town.
It took you this long?
In post 847, likeabauss wrote:Townies, please no full reads lists. We are up against a very smart and aggressive scum team. They will leverage your reads list against you. Chase your scum suspects, keep your town reads close for a game day or two.
How do you see this happening?
In post 856, likeabauss wrote:So townies, here's what is likely to happen... A momentum push of some kind again. I'm digging into some sore spots I think, and there's going to be a flurry of posting activity to push right past the stuff I'm posting. You can watch it fly by, or you can pile some votes onto FrayBoys and increase the heat. The scum team is worried now because if I can convince enough people to hang one of FratBoys or Orcinus, I get doc protected overnight and tomorrow lynch another mafia (the other one.) That puts them in a really really bad place.

That's why we are seeing Mara come out and discredit me (not the logic of an argument.) If I get some cred, its trouble. Mara knows I'm a strong player. We've got a couple games together of the same alignment (both town and scum) and we won them together. That's missing this game because Mara is scum and instead of valuing the input of a strong player she likes, she's position against it.

I'll be a bit lighter on activity for the next couple days, mobile only, so forgive the typos and any shit formatting. But I'll try to keep the heat on and contribute what I can.
This is giving me flashbacks
In post 863, MVP wrote:Don't be coy, you knew I was in this hydra.
I knew!
In post 877, likeabauss wrote:Here they come, fresh from a scum conference in their QT! Lol. Predictable.

The worst part of this is I know its near impossible to rally the votes needed to lynch either of them.

FratBros, you ignored or didn't respond to several other things I pointed out about your shitty transparent scum game. Momentum push onto Guyett? Setting up to lynch less active players? You're still not getting the psychobabble stuff, which I'm used to. You're scum. Let's do this... I can't lynch you today. You've got like 1 vote and its me. Your overactive defense can take a rest. You're safe. Focus your energy someplace else so I can sort the rest of the player base from your actions. Thanks.

Mara, you cut me deep! I asked for your vote on FratBoys awhile back. You never gave it. That was clue 1 that you're bad. We've cleaned house together previously, and when you asked me for my vote or some time in other games, I gave it. (Because I know you're a baller.) You know I'm good, and you know I know Rank, and still no love. No support. You're scum.

Orcinus, sorry man. Like I said, its a bs read and I feel bad for it. But you replaced into a scum slot.
Are you trying to convince Orcinus he's scum?
In post 891, MVP wrote:Also this is me thinking that town ffery wouldn't votepark on a chronic lurker this long.

-L. J.
We feel quite strongly about that vote. If somebody scumclaims before we synch I might move it. Otherwise, not likely without a synch.
In post 926, MVP wrote:No comment on yessiree's stealth vote?

What do you think about it?
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:39 pm

Post by sangres »

I missed Orcinus. :/
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:41 pm

In post 937, sangres wrote:I missed Orcinus. :/
wut
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:42 pm

Post by sangres »

Ah you're still here.

Why aren't you sorting me?
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:44 pm

because I suck at sorting you

do you want to talk about sakura though?
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:46 pm

In post 931, MVP wrote:Also orci have you played with sakura before?

P-Edir: k so the first option.
i think I have but I just don't remember it

So yeah basically no meta knowledge
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:48 pm

Post by sangres »

Are you caught up?

Sakura is keeping her cards a lot closer than she used to. Nacho will probably have a stronger opinion than I do, but I liked her push on you, and I like that she called bauss out for not going after his strongest read.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:50 pm

In post 942, sangres wrote:Are you caught up?

Sakura is keeping her cards a lot closer than she used to. Nacho will probably have a stronger opinion than I do, but I liked her push on you, and I like that she called bauss out for not going after his strongest read.
you are talking to me

so i'm assuming you disagree with sakura's push?

and for the love of god I CALLED BAUSS OUT for that and she parroted

fuck this game :(
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:53 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 864, MVP wrote:
In post 858, MC Maraca wrote:So let's go with your logic:

1-Replacing out day one is a scumtell.
2-Rank enjoys day ones.
3-Rank replaced out day one.
4-Rank's slot is scum.

So since the actual data totally disproves (1) why should 2-4 still be valid? Do you have some evidence of this you can cite?
Cabd go sit down at the corner and have yourself a timeout.
Because this post reeks.

#1 is not the first logical step of LTB calling rank's replace out and you know it.

-L. J.
This.
In post 865, likeabauss wrote:
In post 857, MC Maraca wrote:Do I fucking look like mara to you?
Is Mara not a head in that Hydra? Cabd and Mara? Correct me if I'm wrong. My apologies if I am.

You reframed the logic instead of answering my questions. If I'm the most knowledgeable guy in the room about Rank, why was your first reaction to discredit? If you were town, why wouldn't you push on Orcinus instead of discredit my argument? Do you have such a strong town read on that slot that you instantly thought "No way, Bauss is scum and/or retarded." I mean, its D1 and us townies need to find scum. All you did in this instance is discredit a potentially valuable read (or piece of info about player/slot) instead of exploring it.
Okay, I've been liking your attitude for town, but "if you were town you would agree with me" is a bit too far.
In post 868, Angry Frat BROs wrote:
In post 797, Doctor Jekyll wrote:Mr. Bauss, you haven't really given an initial reason for scumreading AFB IIRC. You just started from that assumption and are now painting them as scum. Orci was never in trouble here though, so I find your last statement to be an exaggeration.

Considering that my experiment seems to have failed, I'm considering dropping the act and changing accounts.
Remember why I started bussing you in NY165, because you were doing this as scum to EddieFenix?

Does this read the same way as your push onto Eddie, because it is for me.
Hm. A little bit.
In post 868, Angry Frat BROs wrote:
In post 844, Cephrir wrote:Oh boy, I finally got one townread I am reasonably confident in! I was actually thinking about drawing up a reads list before post 842 happened with likeabauss on top of it, mostly due to my overall lack of conviction this game, but damn that moonlogic (there's a better word for this I know) is so town. And this is not the same as towndrugs, because his reasons are not ludicrous. town, town, town, town, town.
I want to talk about this :/

Still like Guyett for scum. Also don’t like RC trying to lurk out the pressure. JS is my third scumspect right now, but that’s a fair bit weaker. Want to flesh out with Ceph why he’s townreading Bauss because I’m seeing parallels between what he’s doing here and what Ceph did in NY165.
I liked that he had a convoluted argument that, while less than stellar, had an internal logic to it. He has an over-the-top assurance that reminds me of Scumrir (only moreso), and when most players sound like Scumrir I find they're usually town. I really like abrasiveness, and he's preaching a level of certainty here that I don't see coming from scum (with possible exceptions for really prolific players, but I've never heard of him). And I'm also a fan of crazy-ass logic when it isn't completely stupid (like, he is saying things about words you actually wrote and I can imagine someone thinking as he does).

In post 877, likeabauss wrote:
Here they come, fresh from a scum conference in their QT! Lol. Predictable.

The worst part of this is I know its near impossible to rally the votes needed to lynch either of them.

FratBros, you ignored or didn't respond to several other things I pointed out about your shitty transparent scum game. Momentum push onto Guyett? Setting up to lynch less active players? You're still not getting the psychobabble stuff, which I'm used to. You're scum. Let's do this... I can't lynch you today. You've got like 1 vote and its me. Your overactive defense can take a rest. You're safe. Focus your energy someplace else so I can sort the rest of the player base from your actions. Thanks.

Mara, you cut me deep! I asked for your vote on FratBoys awhile back. You never gave it. That was clue 1 that you're bad. We've cleaned house together previously, and when you asked me for my vote or some time in other games, I gave it. (Because I know you're a baller.) You know I'm good, and you know I know Rank, and still no love. No support. You're scum.

Orcinus, sorry man. Like I said, its a bs read and I feel bad for it. But you replaced into a scum slot.
Bold is a little too much, particularly given that one of them was clearly not here. Meh.
In post 879, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:
In post 752, Doctor Jekyll wrote:People I want to failmeta (because I suck at meta):
Sakura
orci if he keeps playing like this
Wait hang on it didn't click that you were cephrir when I first read this post

You have meta with me...
I do, and up to this point you didn't sound like townyou, but I didn't know what scumyou looks like.
In post 903, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:
In post 901, Sakura Hana wrote:I'm still townlean on AFB but it's weakened, i'd jump on orc tho, just to see where that goes.
VOTE: sakura

this slot is shit.
This is more like it, though.
In post 908, yessiree wrote:VOTE: orc
You realize Sakura's vote is basically OMGUS right? So are you piling on bauss' reasoning, or what?
In post 920, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:
In post 916, likeabauss wrote:Also, my history with Rank goes outside of and beyond mafia on this board. So just doing a meta dive here doesn't yield an awful lot in the grand scheme of things. I don't get that people here will generally accept Mara or Nachos read on TIP without question, but I throw down on Rank and its a great big production.
holy shit this annoys me

why the fuck are you not linking to a game

lol@sakura

we're lynching this today
LEANING SCUM
Guyett- a little scummy, but didn't deserve all those votes
[redacted, feeling a little better about this though]
caledfwitch- lurker extraordinaire
JacobSavage- [note redacted]
orcinus_theoriginal- should be hilariously obvtown; isn't.

You're not out of the woods yet, but this is what I've been waiting to see. You were my top suspect for not doing it, though I didn't want this to be public until it happened.
In post 923, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:
In post 920, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:why the fuck are you not linking to a game
wait let me answer myself

BECAUSE YOU DON'T HAVE ONE

i produced a game ONSITE where rank was scum and he most CERTAINLY DID NOT LURK D1

the only thing you've put up this game in terms of concreteness is that rank had a good d1 as town

well gee fucking gee

i used the word "postulate" in some other game and I was town

I haven't yet--that means I'm scum, right
Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 921, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:and what would that tell you
We won't find that out now since you screwed it up, tho unlike Toomai, the way you did it was pretty scummy, you just kept standing around there and found the first chance to jump on a townie, the momment i mention an intent to vote you "BAM!" you vote me :>
HAha

HAhahahaHAHAaha

no

the moment you do something ass-scummy like that BAM I vote your ass off this game

buhbye
Again, I say unto ye: I feel way better about this slot than I did before.
In post 930, Sakura Hana wrote:Ehh I missed it:
In post 873, MVP wrote:Either your reasoning is missing at the "*" that I marked in the quote, or you're scumreading us because you don't know our identity.
Which one is it, Sakura?
Actually the reason I'm scum-reading you isn't because i didnt know your identity, im just treating you as a single entity. And as a single entity i got a scum lean on you, because even tho I do actually know one of your heads, i'll just take you as a single entity and a player i've never played with since you decide to go with an anonymous hydra, so that's the treatment you'll get.

Well I guess partly of not knowing all members of your hydra is part of it, considering that's what is causing me to read you as a single entity called Player MVP that i've never played with before.
Not one thing you say in this post is a reason for suspecting someone except "I have a scum lean on you"...???
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:54 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 936, sangres wrote:
It took you this long?
Yes :(

Well, I have one other that's reasonably close to this strong, but I wasn't really cognizant of this until I made a list.
Bartleby the Scrivener
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:56 pm

In post 944, Cephrir wrote:
In post 864, MVP wrote:

2-Rank enjoys day ones.
4-Rank's slot is scum.

So since the actual data totally disproves (1) why should 2-4 still be valid? Do you have some evidence of this you can cite?
Because this post reeks.

#1 is not the first logical step of LTB calling rank's replace out and you know it.

-L. J.
This.
No, not this.
In post 523, likeabauss wrote:Angryfratbros deserves rope. Dude replaced into a slot that bailed out very early in the game. Townies don't tend to bail that early. They see what shakes out, read, and dive back in as time allows. Scum however has a team counting on them, working a strategy, and there's more pressure on a scum slot to be involved/present.
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:56 pm

Post by sangres »

In post 943, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:
In post 942, sangres wrote:Are you caught up?

you are talking to me

so i'm assuming you disagree with sakura's push?
It was typical of her play. It's not how I go about gathering data.
and for the love of god I CALLED BAUSS OUT for that and she parroted

fuck this game :(
Welcome back!
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:59 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 946, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:
In post 944, Cephrir wrote:
In post 864, MVP wrote:

2-Rank enjoys day ones.
4-Rank's slot is scum.

Because this post reeks.

-L. J.
This.
No, not this.
Specifically the part about that not being the first step in his logic, not the part about mcm being scum.
Bartleby the Scrivener
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:01 pm

<3 u

also guyett is not here i thought i would like people to not forget that.

Pedit: no. in the bauss quote i gave he says that replacing out day 1 in a scumtell.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”