Nominull
Nominull
Mafia Scum
Nominull
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:35 pm

Post by Nominull »

In post 399, notscience wrote:I'm not trying to confuse people.

If I was trying to confuse people, I'd drop a bunch of faux-softclaims and then claim VT.

I'm being entirely serious.
:roll:
Tigris
Tigris
Goon
Tigris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:30 pm

Post by Tigris »

Honestly, kindof frustrated at this point. Partly because right after my last post, notscience self-voted.

I hate when things fall together too easily for a lynch, too often it leads to a mislynch.

I understand the logic for voting notscience and don't like the self-defeat shown by self voting, especially as we only get one more mislynch before losing. I know how to counter the 'if I was in lynch or lose (lylo), I would be too much of a liability' argument, but self-defeat isn't something that someone else can counter. I don't see it as a town move to self vote regardless of motivation.
In post 374, notscience wrote:Second part was legit. Like, if I have someone I'm repeatedly wrong about I try to read them and then think to myself "hmm you're probs wrong"
The explanation in regards to this is simple. You don't second guess your read on someone you are playing your first game with in the way notscience is referencing. You DO second guess your reads on someone you know, especially if you've been wrong about them in the past. I ran into that issue with people I liked/disliked, I would allow how I felt about them to influence if I saw them as good or bad. >-> Explaining this more as learning point rather than defense.

That said, still not willing to support the notscience lynch at this point, but can see where people are coming from. Also, just so people know, I will not be voting for someone just to prevent no lynch today (as I did yesterday). Reason being, one night of no kill doesn't allow for another lynch unless there's another no kill night. Another night before the next lynch has pros/cons. Not advocating for no lynch, but stating that I won't join a lynch unless I agree with it. 'Easy' lynches make me really nervous and notscience feels like an 'easy' lynch right now.
Zaicon
Zaicon
Mafia Scum
Zaicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:31 pm

Post by Zaicon »

Vote Count 2.2

notscience (3):
Nominull, Spaces, notscience
Drake Crusader (1):
JacobSavage
SecondEngineer (1):
Brian Skies

No Vote (3):
Drake Crusader, SecondEngineer, Tigris

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch!

Deadline is Saturday, November 16 at 2:30 PM CDT, which is in (expired on 2013-11-16 14:30:00).
Nominull
Nominull
Mafia Scum
Nominull
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:16 pm

Post by Nominull »

I think we should try to save the no-lynch for MYLO, because who knows, we might get another no-kill night if we're lucky.
Tigris
Tigris
Goon
Tigris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:24 pm

Post by Tigris »

Would be more ideal then, at same time, we have plenty of time today and I really want more input from jacob and second so that have more to analyze later on since right now I would have a lot of issues trying to figure them out in mylo/lylo.

Just don't want anyone rushing today because they think it has to end with a lynch.
Nominull
Nominull
Mafia Scum
Nominull
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:37 pm

Post by Nominull »

well, the lynch today seems pretty clear to me, but we can dick around for another week to give people a chance to go on the record
Tigris
Tigris
Goon
Tigris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:46 pm

Post by Tigris »

When things line up as too easy, they just feel off to me. I'm stubborn like that.

Chances are this weekend will make a more in depth analysis. 3 day weekend due to the holiday :), buuuttttt up in 5 hours for work, so might be time for sleep. >->
Nominull
Nominull
Mafia Scum
Nominull
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:55 pm

Post by Nominull »

Well, I can understand how you feel, but in theory the easy obvious lynches should be
harder
for scum to manipulate. If there is some real uncertainty about someone, scum can tip the scales one way or the other by taking sides, or even if one of them takes sides while the other dithers. Whereas if someone is obviously scum (or obviously town, though that's harder to have happen), all they can do by fighting the consensus is draw attention to themselves.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:09 pm

Post by notscience »

Do tell nom, what happens when I flip town?
Zaicon
Zaicon
Mafia Scum
Zaicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:42 pm

Post by Zaicon »

PrivateI replaces SecondEngineer.
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:53 pm

Post by PrivateI »

So, I've read through the thread fairly casually in preparation for this, and have a few thoughts. Detailed reads will appear tomorrow.

Montosh looked completely, dare I say it, "obvscum" to me as well. He was shady and wasn't playing well at all.

To clarify, a scum "No kill" would be announced the same by the mod as a medic save or Jailkeeper's block, correct?

This is hard for me because TNE's hardcore push for Montosh has to be a null tell for me. I would have done the exact same thing, though probably not as aggressively... (I certainly hope my ellipsis here does not inspire a sudden lynch. :) )

Tigris is the main obvtown for me. He has been cautious, yet always pushing for more reads, and justifying his own.

More tomorrow!
Nominull
Nominull
Mafia Scum
Nominull
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:06 pm

Post by Nominull »

In post 408, notscience wrote:Do tell nom, what happens when I flip town?
We get down to the task of finding scum, no longer distracted by notscience jumping up and down shouting "I'm scum, I'm scum, come lynch me!"? What a clichéd appeal to emotion.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:26 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 380, notscience wrote:I don't like his stances on montosh or JS. It's giving me a bad taste in my mouth. Nothing he's done makes me think town.
Regarding Drake, is it similar to what happened when I asked you about one of your reads in 1419 (the just meh one)?
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:32 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

@Nom: It still bothers the crap out of me that you're pushing notscience because he pushed his scum-read and was wrong. YOU THOUGHT HE WAS SCUMMY TOO! WHERE'S THE ACCOUNTABILITY?

Also

VOTE: Nominull
Nominull
Nominull
Mafia Scum
Nominull
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:14 pm

Post by Nominull »

In post 413, Brian Skies wrote:@Nom: It still bothers the crap out of me that you're pushing notscience because he pushed his scum-read and was wrong. YOU THOUGHT HE WAS SCUMMY TOO! WHERE'S THE ACCOUNTABILITY?

Also

VOTE: Nominull
No, not just because of that. People make mistakes. I understand that. But what notscience did was paint a giant sign with "I'm Making A Mistake!" written on it, in order to hide behind. Read his posting during twilight.

And then he self-voted! Man, if I ever self-vote, I'll help you lynch me, how's that for accountability.
Spaces
Spaces
Townie
Spaces
Townie
Townie

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:56 am

Post by Spaces »

The thing about NS's self vote is that: not for one minute do I believe that he actually intends to lynch himself.

Montosh's self pity was a little more warranted, because a lot of people were suddenly ganging up on him and attacking him. NS, however, basically appeared to vote for himself because of
this post alone
:
In post 363, Nominull wrote:Today's lynch should be notscience. Named by lynched town, pushed hard to lynch town, called town "obvscum", unnatural actions during twilight, not helpful as a scumhunter.
I don't think NS
actually
wants to catch mafia. I think he wants to be the center of attention, and that makes the task of actually finding mafia
much harder
. Look at Montosh, for example. Part of the reason I thought he was mafia was because he spent most of his time being defensive. However, looking back, I realize that he was being defensive because NS was ruthlessly bullying him. And now we find ourselves spending most of our time talking about NS and his self vote, effectively slowing down potential examination of others.

I really just can't see how this could possibly be town behavior. It's narcissistic and manipulative, and to me that spells out mafia.
Drake Crusader
Drake Crusader
Goon
Drake Crusader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:34 am

Post by Drake Crusader »

In post 388, JacobSavage wrote:Okay I've beene all kinds of busy recenty and don't really have time at the moment.

I'll get to this in the evening. In the man time if anyone has any IC questions just bold them.
I think he is dodging this thread with a passion. How can anyone take you seriously when you aren't even here to post anything ?
In post 399, notscience wrote:I'm not trying to confuse people.

If I was trying to confuse people, I'd drop a bunch of faux-softclaims and then claim VT.

I'm being entirely serious.
What is a faux softclaim ? Haven't you already claimed VT. Confused from this post.

Montosh tried this tactic of self voting then claiming town. He got lynched. Even though he claimed VT NS still hammered and then posted his lovely gif. Could NS really be VT also, since he is playing the EXACT same way Montosh was in D1? Or is this a ploy to get us to think he is town ? I can't vote NS at this time. I Rode hard on Montosh and he turned town. I need to see something more convincing to believe that NS is scum.
Plus!
I want to here JS story. I need something to prove he isn't scum. Since I have absolute-nothing on him. Provided he hasn't really posted anything at all.
"We all of us need to be toppled off the throne of self, my dear," he said. "Perched up there the tears of others are never upon our own cheek.”
― Elizabeth Goudge
Nominull
Nominull
Mafia Scum
Nominull
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:57 am

Post by Nominull »

I don't think Montosh voted for himself...?
Drake Crusader
Drake Crusader
Goon
Drake Crusader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:25 pm

Post by Drake Crusader »

In post 417, Nominull wrote:I don't think Montosh voted for himself...?
Good point. My bad! He did mention that he wanted to just lynch himself at a point during the day. This is the second time that self lynching came up and I don't like it.
"We all of us need to be toppled off the throne of self, my dear," he said. "Perched up there the tears of others are never upon our own cheek.”
― Elizabeth Goudge
Tigris
Tigris
Goon
Tigris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:49 pm

Post by Tigris »

In post 410, PrivateI wrote:To clarify, a scum "No kill" would be announced the same by the mod as a medic save or Jailkeeper's block, correct?
Should be yes, any lack of kill should just show up as 'no one died' or however the mod wishes to phrase.

Really like post 415. It makes me almost curious enough to test by voting notscience, just to see what would happen. Not willing to put it to lynch -1 though.

At the same time, I still want a bit more from jacob (when things settle down for him) and PrivateI (when get a chance to read up), welcome to the game by the way.

Also, do like that nominull is opening up more, getting more of a sense of his personality. Agree that it's harder for mafia (or town) to budge an easy lynch. At the same time, if I was mafia and notscience was town in this game, I'd be overjoyed at how easy it would be to lynch notscience today. Which as town, makes me nervous. The part I really don't understand is the self vote, which is why spaces' post makes sense to me.

Have the next three days off, so should be able to post more frequently or sleep 72 hours straight, one of the two, anyone have a quarter? :wink:
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:51 pm

Post by notscience »

In post 411, Nominull wrote:
We get down to the task of finding scum, no longer distracted by notscience jumping up and down shouting "I'm scum, I'm scum, come lynch me!"? What a clichéd appeal to emotion.
Is AtE a scumtell in your opinion?
Nominull
Nominull
Mafia Scum
Nominull
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:31 pm

Post by Nominull »

In post 420, notscience wrote:
In post 411, Nominull wrote:
Is AtE a scumtell in your opinion?
Yes.
Nominull
Nominull
Mafia Scum
Nominull
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:06 pm

Post by Nominull »

So hey, what the heck? Is anybody interested in playing this game? Requesting a prod on JacobSavage, sigh.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:18 pm

Post by notscience »

I am. Doesnt mean anything
JacobSavage
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:32 pm

Post by JacobSavage »

Sorry literally spend the whole of today trying to get my laptop's screen to function again. Wasn't that successfull...
I want to here JS story. I need something to prove he isn't scum. Since I have absolute-nothing on him. Provided he hasn't really posted anything at all.
Can you expand on this, what are you expecting of me? How would I prove that I wasn't scum?
"
I don't have an opinion, everything is great.
"

I have a GTKAS!
| Slightly V/LA at the moment

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”