NY 167: COMPLETELY NORMAL Mafia (GAME OVER)

Guyett
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Hammering Hammered

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:37 am

Post by Guyett »

VOTE: AFB

Sangres can wait for a while
I think a lot about meteors. The purity of them. Boom! The end. Start again. The world made clean for the new man to rebuild.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:37 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

So you knew my alignment the other game, what info does that give you about this one.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:47 am

Post by orcinus_theoriginal »

In post 968, MVP wrote:
In post 949, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:Pedit: no. in the bauss quote i gave he says that replacing out day 1 in a scumtell.
But that's for one of his reason for scumreading
AFB
, not Rank. There's a difference.

LTB clearly said that Rank's rep out d1 is scummy because Town-Rank loves d1 and he wouldn't rep out D1 if he was town.
As reaching as it sounds, his logic is based on his meta on him, regardless of his willingness to prove it or not. However, what MCM did there was that he butchered down his logic to make it sounds like his logic is based on some stupid overgeneralized theory.
sure

but what do you think about his stupid overgeneralized theory that he's using on his scumread stronger than me
We are lazy people on an adventure, flirting with life but too shy to go all the way.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:48 am

In post 972, Sakura Hana wrote:Ok so why should be considering policy lynching RC when you've supposedly caught scum?
i really hope you don't breed.

because i and everyone else can always be wrong about our reads and because some people have disagreed with my read on you

by your desperation on discrediting me i assume that i am not, however, wrong this time.
We are lazy people on an adventure, flirting with life but too shy to go all the way.
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:50 am

Post by sangres »

In post 976, Sakura Hana wrote:So you knew my alignment the other game, what info does that give you about this one.
I saw other behaviors in that game that I knew supported calling you town and my strategy was kind of built on two pillars - playing up paranoia about Cabd and justifiably defending you from people who were going to call your AtE scummy.

Especially last night, I have seen some stuff I associate with your town game, and I've noted that. I think I mentioned it in the post where I talked about your being more opaque about your reads. Knowing what your reads are, and knowing where they come from do help me figure you out, though, and I miss that data.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:51 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 978, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:by your desperation on discrediting me i assume that i am not, however, wrong this time.
It's called questioning whether your actions match your words. But thanks for confirming that they dont since you didnt answer the question and proceeded to discredit me by saying im desperate for discrediting you.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
MVP
MVP
Goon
MVP
Goon
Goon

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:55 am

Post by MVP »

In post 936, sangres wrote:What do you think about it?
null
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:56 am

Post by sangres »

In post 981, MVP wrote:
null
If you think it's null, why did you point it up?
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:58 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 979, sangres wrote:Knowing what your reads are, and knowing where they come from do help me figure you out, though, and I miss that data.
Half the time, my reads on that game were faked to fool scum. Do you rather me fake my reads here or give you no reads.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
MVP
MVP
Goon
MVP
Goon
Goon

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:59 am

Post by MVP »

In post 977, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:
In post 968, MVP wrote:
In post 949, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:Pedit: no. in the bauss quote i gave he says that replacing out day 1 in a scumtell.
AFB

LTB clearly said that Rank's rep out d1 is scummy because Town-Rank loves d1 and he wouldn't rep out D1 if he was town.
As reaching as it sounds, his logic is based on his meta on him, regardless of his willingness to prove it or not. However, what MCM did there was that he butchered down his logic to make it sounds like his logic is based on some stupid overgeneralized theory.
sure

but what do you think about his stupid overgeneralized theory that he's using on his scumread stronger than me
It would be a problem if that was the only reason he's scumreading him for.
But he's not doing that so that makes the one point I don't agree on.
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:59 am

Post by sangres »

In post 983, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 979, sangres wrote:Knowing what your reads are, and knowing where they come from do help me figure you out, though, and I miss that data.
Half the time, my reads on that game were faked to fool scum. Do you rather me fake my reads here or give you no reads.
I'd rather you put enough of yourself and your thoughts into your posts that I can read you. That's part of your job if you're town.
likeabauss
likeabauss
Goon
likeabauss
Goon
Goon

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:01 am

Post by likeabauss »

In post 968, MVP wrote:
AFB

Just want to touch on this briefly. I don't use Meta as "proof" like lots of players here do. Meta, at its very core, can be willfully manipulated by an experienced player that is cognizant of his/her play or meta. There is no "proof" in meta when up against a skillful player... only clues and hints. But yes, you're right. My scum read on Rank is essentially meta based.

Also, I'm not going to publish a thesis on how to read Rank for everyone to see/read/and put to work against him in future games. Its a courtesy that we extend to each other... we'll make cases for and against based on whatever we see but generally only to the extent necessary to get the desired result (which can at times be epic battles of whargarbl.) In this scenario, I'm highly confident in my read, I've laid out why, and that should be sufficient to get the slot lynched, vig'd, investigated, RB'd, etc.
MVP
MVP
Goon
MVP
Goon
Goon

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:01 am

Post by MVP »

In post 982, sangres wrote:
In post 981, MVP wrote:
null
If you think it's null, why did you point it up?
To see what orci's opinion about it, of course.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:02 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 985, sangres wrote:I'd rather you put enough of yourself and your thoughts into your posts that I can read you. That's part of your job if you're town.
I've done so in so far with my back and forth with orc. If that's not enough then I can't help you there for the time being.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:05 am

Post by sangres »

In post 988, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 985, sangres wrote:I'd rather you put enough of yourself and your thoughts into your posts that I can read you. That's part of your job if you're town.
I've done so in so far with my back and forth with orc. If that's not enough then I can't help you there for the time being.
And yet you're bitching because I had you as null prior to that. If this is how you're choosing to play the game right now, then you have both the benefits and the drawbacks to deal with. And so do other players.
likeabauss
likeabauss
Goon
likeabauss
Goon
Goon

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:10 am

Post by likeabauss »

On AFB:

I don't always lay out all my cards. Those that have played with me know this. I very often poke at a player on a seemingly irrelevant item, or ask "softball questions", develop stupid lines of conversation. These things are cornerstones of how I formulate my reads. I like to do progressive lines of questioning sometimes, building and adding as I go. (I did this last night with Cabd, look at how I engaged him and then asked a bunch of questions that he couldn't adequately answer. It started off relatively light, but developed.)

You'll notice one of my first posts after AngryFratBros entered the game simply stated "FratBros is scum." That was a hunch. So, I added a bit to it. And from there a bit more. Now, I believe I have enough info that I can layout more simply and clearly. He's made adjustments and reactions to my accusations and pressure, and because I didn't tip my whole hand I think I was able to get additional info out of him for the case against him.

I'll make a simple and concise post a bit later with why we should hang FratBros.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:14 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 989, sangres wrote:If this is how you're choosing to play the game right now, then you have both the benefits and the drawbacks to deal with.
And i will.
People will eventually get used to my new playstyle. At least it's harder for me to get emotional if i'm emotionless towards things, and it's harder for scum to use my waffleness as a reason to get me lynched.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
MVP
MVP
Goon
MVP
Goon
Goon

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:35 am

Post by MVP »

I do have some problem with this readlist.
In post 637, sangres wrote:
Town

1. Likeabaws - yeah, town. Don't trust his reads because Newbie 1389.

Doctor Jekyll - This looks like town Ceph to me.
Toomai - I like his stances so far. I meta'd the hell out of him for the Harry Potter game, and although I smudged the meta results for that game, I think I came away with a pretty fair appreciation for his town game. One thing of note: in the scum game that he replaced into, iirc his stances came off a little more certain as scum, and his reaction to pressure was different as well. Not that he's had pressure to react to in this game so far.

Leaning Town

TheIrishPope - I don't read TiP well, and tend to default to reading him as scum. But, last we talked Nacho was thinking town. And some of my leantowns are thinking town as well.
2. MVP - I know the identity of one head of this hydra. Playing solo he tends to tunnel the fuck out of his scum reads. The fact that this isn't happening me bothers me a little, but I saw something similar in another purportedly 3-headed hydra of his so I'm leaning cautiously town.

Angry Frat BROs - I think AP trying to sort me is a good sign, though I feel pretty cautious. In prior scum games, he's either townread me (until a scum read suited his purposes) or immediately gone for the throat on my slot (after I replaced out, but still that was MY slot and I was srsly town).
3. MC Maraca - probably going to let Nacho call this one. I think his meta thumbnail for MVP was reasonably accurate, but I don't like that he's calling us town on the basis of my play. He has said more than once that despite all the experiential meta I'm not that easy for him to read.

Null

Caledfwitch - based on a recent game we played (where I helped mislynch her) and the meta-dive I did in that game, although she's a lurkfuck as town, she takes strong stands on players she thinks are scum. I'm not seeing that in this game so far. I've waffled about scumpiling her.
Hermy - Was leaning town based on her reaction to being judged on the basis of one bad error in one game. Read went stale.
Sakura Hana - her game feels a little off, especially compared to Newbie 1436.
Yessirree - I like some of what I'm seeing, and I'm a little worried I'm letting others' negative reads affect my impression here. Looking at you, MC Maraca. I"m still waiting for your meta analysis.
PeregrineV - Play the damn game.
Orcinus - I don't like that he entered the game basically in RVS mode, but his entrance posts were pretty late-night. I had no useful read on Rank.

4. Scum

Guyett - Based on one game I've played where he was town and I was scum, I'd lean town. But, I'm kinda impressed by the way people are talking his town game up, and I think the one game may not have been all that representative. I was on the scum team, and he made it to lylo for a reason. BoP sucks.
4. Radiant Cowbells - If I had a fucking clue what your play is supposed to accomplish I would probably consider moving you to the leaning town pile.
JacobSavage - ISO is crap, and no effort to engage Nacho about his read.
1. Not sure if that was meant to be a joke, but was that discredit necessary?
2. I don't mind being a townread, but based on what you put there, you're reading this hydra based on a person who only posted like 5 posts. Why not read based on
my
post?
3. At the beginning of the game, I had an impression from your posts that you (ffery) wanted to sort out Cabd. Why defer it to Nacho instead? Also, based on what you put there, it seems like MCM should belong in lower place than "Leaning Town."
4. This scumlist looks too lazy.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:40 am

In post 980, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 978, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:by your desperation on discrediting me i assume that i am not, however, wrong this time.
It's called questioning whether your actions match your words. But thanks for confirming that they dont since you didnt answer the question and proceeded to discredit me by saying im desperate for discrediting you.
orcinus_theoriginal wrote:
In post 972, Sakura Hana wrote:
Ok so why should be considering policy lynching RC when you've supposedly caught scum?
i really hope you don't breed.

because i and everyone else can always be wrong about our reads and because some people have disagreed with my read on you

by your desperation on discrediting me i assume that i am not, however, wrong this time.
how the fuck did i not answer your question

can we please get some votes on this
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:42 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

You don't seem to be considering you being wrong about your reads tho, you seem fairly convinced.

I on the other hand didnt realize that was the answer to the question so I apologize for that.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
MVP
MVP
Goon
MVP
Goon
Goon

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:43 am

Post by MVP »

Sakura, orcinus.
Orcinus, Sakura.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:44 am

In post 994, Sakura Hana wrote:You don't seem to be considering you being wrong about your reads tho, you seem fairly convinced.

I on the other hand didnt realize that was the answer to the question so I apologize for that.
i am fairly convinced, yes.

what is your point here (i assume you have one)

Pedit ill hurt you if you don't do something productive
MVP
MVP
Goon
MVP
Goon
Goon

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:44 am

Post by MVP »

UNVOTE:

P-Edit:
I've been productive all along, son.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:46 am

would you be against providing a readslist
MVP
MVP
Goon
MVP
Goon
Goon

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:47 am

Post by MVP »

In post 909, MVP wrote:Do you want us to sync first or do you want my own?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”