NY 167: COMPLETELY NORMAL Mafia (GAME OVER)

likeabauss
likeabauss
Goon
likeabauss
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1050 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:43 am

Post by likeabauss »

In post 1027, sangres wrote:A ton of caution.
This Fferylt? Nacho hasn't come back around yet? If/when he does, I would love his response to the question I posed earlier.

FWIW, I've failed at reading both Fferyllt and Nacho in the past as a townie. So, I'm cautious on applying a read to that slot. There are certain playstyles that I am terrible at reading (TIP is a great example as is Fferyllt.) Nacho I think I can peg a bit better, so I need him around to even attempt to sort that slot.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:44 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 1049, Sakura Hana wrote:You forgot to answer this Bauss wrt orc.
In post 1012, Sakura Hana wrote:Bauss are you really that sure this guy is scum?...

All I'm getting from my back and forth is that he's most likely town, I doubt scum would be this stubborn to get a mislynch in.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
likeabauss
likeabauss
Goon
likeabauss
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:54 am

Post by likeabauss »

In post 1049, Sakura Hana wrote:You forgot to answer this Bauss wrt orc.
In post 1012, Sakura Hana wrote:Bauss are you really that sure this guy is scum?...

All I'm getting from my back and forth is that he's most likely town, I doubt scum would be this stubborn to get a mislynch in.
My bad. Yes, I'm 100%.

I'd caution against presuming he wouldn't be that stubborn to get a mislynch in. Throw everything away for a minute and just believe that I'm right on both FratBoys and Orcinus. If that is the case, there is a chance they start D2 down two scum (we lynch one today, vig if there is one bags another tonight.) They can't NK me because going into night after my redonkulous crusade today I'm a likely doc protect. Tomorrow, I jump right back into the death tunnel mode on suspect number 2 (if they weren't vig'd) or suspect #3 MC Maraca... only at that point I'd have serious town cred and be much harder to thwart. They are staring at back to back scum lynches for 2-3 days. That's a HUGE problem. They NEED to be stubborn and push a mislynch that doesn't conftown me. If they don't, they're setup to lose big, hard, and fast.

Yes, the above is an extrapolation and its based on me being right... I know. But the narrative of it fits so clean and neatly. It explains why they are defending each other. It explains the aggression. It explains why they won't break ranks and even pile a vote onto each other.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:58 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

So if you're convinced he's scum due to Rank's meta, and you dont want to lynch them D1 because it'd be too cheap of a tactic in your opinion, what's your opinion wrt my back and forth with orc. You surely should have picked something up there.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
likeabauss
likeabauss
Goon
likeabauss
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:00 am

Post by likeabauss »

In post 1053, Sakura Hana wrote:So if you're convinced he's scum due to Rank's meta, and you dont want to lynch them D1 because it'd be too cheap of a tactic in your opinion, what's your opinion wrt my back and forth with orc. You surely should have picked something up there.
Are you asking for my read on orc's play without the bias of my Rank slot read? I think you mentioned something to that effect earlier.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:01 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

Yes
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:02 am

Post by orcinus_theoriginal »

hoooooooly shit if you go one more post without giving fucking evidence of rank replacing out d1 as scum

this refusal to give evidence has reached unprecedent levels
We are lazy people on an adventure, flirting with life but too shy to go all the way.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:02 am

you know what i'm just going to call complete and utter bullshit on his rank meta right now.
We are lazy people on an adventure, flirting with life but too shy to go all the way.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:03 am

In post 1046, likeabauss wrote:
In post 1021, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:His accusation of APBro.

Exactly one thing in this entire post is something serious that applies specifically to APBro and not the rest of the town.

His entire read on APBro was based on him replacing into the game

So

:/
Big misrep. In that post I even state, THERE'S MORE.
you have no idea what the convo was about do you
likeabauss
likeabauss
Goon
likeabauss
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:41 am

Post by likeabauss »

Okay, a couple things. Orcinus, I'm basically ignoring you because I'm not going to beat a dead horse. You keep asking for an example like it'll prove my read in either direction.

Let's say I link you a game where Rank replaced out D1 as scum. Will you openly admit that you are scum? Think that through... Okay, so should I give a shit what you ask for? Seriously. I know you're scum. I don't negotiate with terrorists. Let's not spam the thread with anymore of this.

Let's say I tell you that in my history with Rank, he's never once EVER replaced out on D1 as scum. Ever. You'll just say "SEE CAN"T PROVE IT. I'M AL CAPONE BITCH. YOU KNOW I'M SCUM BUT CAN'T PROVE IT. GET BENT"

The end result is the same. You can't admit I'm right, regardless of what I say/do. Let's move on.

Sakura -
Orcinus is doing the Al Capone thing. He's pushing momentum moves. He's avoided taking a stance on FratBros and MC Maraca. He jumped onto the Guyett thing. Actually, his only pushes that stick out to me have been on Guyett and Sakura. He's not really scum hunting, he's just screaming/trying not to get hung and discredit me/you/anybody that is open to exploring avenues of thought. I see lots of misrepping, saw some buddying. Specific to his exchange with you, misreps and flailing. He's desperate to secure a lynch target. His constant posting is Anti-Town in that it's keeping the less active players from being able to keep up with the game content and contribute meaningfully. It's obfuscation (like right after I posted my case on FratBros, back him comes with multiple posts.) Also note, no comment on my FratBros case from him. I think I remember him saying he thinks I'm town, but he's actively discrediting me. lol.

This:
In post 998, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:would you be against providing a readslist
Look at how cautiously he asks for a readslist. I've said several times this game "Townies, please keep your town read to yourselves. Mafia will use them against you."

lol. Quick sidebar... Sakura... who was it that asked you for your reads list earlier?
In post 837, MC Maraca wrote:
In post 836, Sakura Hana wrote:Thanks
Since you're here, updated reads from the past few pages?
See a pattern? Okay, back to Orcinus:

When he came into the game and I said "Hi scum." he said "Sup." There's some other psychobabble I see that I won't bore everybody with, but it sort of segues into this:

There's a sociology going on with this scum team... they are all (or a majority are) experienced players (I called them cool kids earlier.) I hinted at this a couple times earlier. The team got picked, QT opened up, and I bet somebody said something or most of the people thought to themselves "Shit, our team is stacked with power players. We're going to win this shit." I'm inferring this because they're doing things that I consider rash and/or brazen for D1 in mafia. Openly defending each other, even when there is no REAL heat. Openly steering conversation. They're empowered by their collective skills as mafia and think they can just strong arm the flow of the game. My 3 targets aren't even considering getting on a bus of one of the others (FratBoys, Orc, MC Maraca.) Either of them could've tossed a vote and some heat on after I started... THEY AREN"T EVEN CLOSE TO GETTING HUNG. Instead, they defended. It's classic groupthink.

I hope that answers your question Sakura. I'm actively avoiding spending analysis time/posting/etc on Orcinus because he's already sorted in my mind.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:54 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

Yes it does, it's a bit more than what I asked but this is way better, thanks.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Guyett
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Hammering Hammered

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:56 am

Post by Guyett »

Sak you should get on the frat bros wagon.
When he flips scum I want Sangres strung up
I think a lot about meteors. The purity of them. Boom! The end. Start again. The world made clean for the new man to rebuild.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:03 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1059, likeabauss wrote:Okay, a couple things. Orcinus, I'm basically ignoring you because I'm not going to beat a dead horse. You keep asking for an example like it'll prove my read in either direction.

Let's say I link you a game where Rank replaced out D1 as scum. Will you openly admit that you are scum? Think that through... Okay, so should I give a shit what you ask for? Seriously. I know you're scum. I don't negotiate with terrorists. Let's not spam the thread with anymore of this.

Let's say I tell you that in my history with Rank, he's never once EVER replaced out on D1 as scum. Ever. You'll just say "SEE CAN"T PROVE IT. I'M AL CAPONE BITCH. YOU KNOW I'M SCUM BUT CAN'T PROVE IT. GET BENT"

The end result is the same. You can't admit I'm right, regardless of what I say/do. Let's move on.

Sakura -
Orcinus is doing the Al Capone thing. He's pushing momentum moves.
He's avoided taking a stance on FratBros and MC Maraca
. He jumped onto the Guyett thing. Actually, his only pushes that stick out to me have been on Guyett and Sakura. He's not really scum hunting, he's just screaming/trying not to get hung and
discredit me/you/anybody that is open to exploring avenues of thought
. I see lots of misrepping, saw some
buddying
. Specific to his exchange with you, misreps and
flailing
. He's desperate to secure a lynch target. His constant posting is Anti-Town in that it's keeping the less active players from being able to keep up with the game content and contribute meaningfully. It's obfuscation (like right after I posted my case on FratBros, back him comes with multiple posts.) Also note, no comment on my FratBros case from him. I think I remember him saying he thinks I'm town, but he's actively discrediting me. lol.

This:
In post 998, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:would you be against providing a readslist
Look at how cautiously he asks for a readslist. I've said several times this game "Townies, please keep your town read to yourselves. Mafia will use them against you."

lol. Quick sidebar... Sakura... who was it that asked you for your reads list earlier?
In post 837, MC Maraca wrote:
In post 836, Sakura Hana wrote:Thanks
Since you're here, updated reads from the past few pages?
See a pattern? Okay, back to Orcinus:

When he came into the game and I said "Hi scum." he said "Sup." There's some other psychobabble I see that I won't bore everybody with, but it sort of segues into this:

There's a sociology going on with this scum team... they are all (or a majority are) experienced players (I called them cool kids earlier.) I hinted at this a couple times earlier. The team got picked, QT opened up, and I bet somebody said something or most of the people thought to themselves "Shit, our team is stacked with power players. We're going to win this shit." I'm inferring this because they're doing things that I consider rash and/or brazen for D1 in mafia.
Openly defending each other, even when there is no REAL heat. Openly steering conversation. They're empowered by their collective skills as mafia and think they can just strong arm the flow of the game. My 3 targets aren't even considering getting on a bus of one of the others (FratBoys, Orc, MC Maraca.) Either of them could've tossed a vote and some heat on after I started... THEY AREN"T EVEN CLOSE TO GETTING HUNG. Instead, they defended. It's classic groupthink.

I hope that answers your question Sakura. I'm actively avoiding spending analysis time/posting/etc on Orcinus because he's already sorted in my mind.
Although I bet one of your suspects is probably right, this post is full of confirmation bias and things that are not really happening. I have underlined a number of examples of this.

Also, I almost want you to produce the italicized now because it's beginning to sound like this is baseless. And your failure to agree with my assumption tells me it was not a good assumption.

I still think you're town but you really need to ease off on the death tunnel.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:05 am

Post by Cephrir »

Also, you think way too strongly that everything everyone does is a reaction to do, such as that orcinus "cautionusly asking for a reads list" is a direct response to your assertion that we should be careful with them this game. Even if he's scum he probably isn't that worried about one line that one person said. You are not the end all be all god of scumhunting.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:05 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1061, Guyett wrote:Sak you should get on the frat bros wagon.
+1 town point
Bartleby the Scrivener
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:14 am

cephrir what do you think about the inactives in our town

also i dream to someday be on a scumteam of bro/cabd/ap/mara

someday.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:15 am

oh yeah everyone should read 1059 to understand why bauss is not to be taken seriously this game
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:19 am

Post by Cephrir »

Hermy could be town.

Ambivalent about Toomai. PV needs to fucking post. RC needs to fucking play mafia, I would consider policy running him up to make him start playing.

I think caled and JS could be scum, I like ffery's case and caled's excuses are stupid.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Guyett
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Hammering Hammered

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:20 am

Post by Guyett »

In post 1064, Cephrir wrote:
+1 town point
I didn't like the way the sangres slot was very wishywashy with their reads on me when I was L-2... thats what really pinged my scumdar.
I think a lot about meteors. The purity of them. Boom! The end. Start again. The world made clean for the new man to rebuild.
likeabauss
likeabauss
Goon
likeabauss
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:23 am

Post by likeabauss »

In post 1063, Cephrir wrote:Also, you think way too strongly that everything everyone does is a reaction to do, such as that orcinus "cautionusly asking for a reads list" is a direct response to your assertion that we should be careful with them this game. Even if he's scum he probably isn't that worried about one line that one person said. You are not the end all be all god of scumhunting.
I'm hyper fixed on him and him on me. It's not a stretch or outside the realm that yes, he is actually reacting to me. I never presume that everyone is reacting to me, and only to me. But, on that item specifically, Hemry and yourself also seemed to support the sentiment in 848 and 850 respectively. Orcinus being cautious in 998 several pages later isn't just a reaction to me... it's an adjustment or reaction to the overall sentiment. Sorry if I didn't spell that out more clearly.
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:30 am

Post by sangres »

In post 1050, likeabauss wrote:
In post 1027, sangres wrote:A ton of caution.
This Fferylt? Nacho hasn't come back around yet? If/when he does, I would love his response to the question I posed earlier.

FWIW, I've failed at reading both Fferyllt and Nacho in the past as a townie. So, I'm cautious on applying a read to that slot. There are certain playstyles that I am terrible at reading (TIP is a great example as is Fferyllt.) Nacho I think I can peg a bit better, so I need him around to even attempt to sort that slot.
Yep, fferyllt. It's been a few days since Nacho has posted here. I'm hoping he can borrow a computer this weekend. I think he's phoneposted in a small game or two since his laptop was stolen, but that's not practical in a game this size moving at this speed. He's got a lot of catching up to do in this game. I'll point out that you have a question when I see him online.

I know that I'm hard to read for some scumhunting styles, but I'm ridiculously easy for others. If I had a more objective view of how I play, I'd probably be able to pinpoint why that is.
In post 1068, Guyett wrote:
In post 1064, Cephrir wrote:
+1 town point
I didn't like the way the sangres slot was very wishywashy with their reads on me when I was L-2... thats what really pinged my scumdar.
I didn't like the way I was being pressured to vote you at a point where my read was in major flux.
Guyett
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Hammering Hammered

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:35 am

Post by Guyett »

In post 637, sangres wrote:
Scum

Guyett - Based on one game I've played where he was town and I was scum, I'd lean town. But, I'm kinda impressed by the way people are talking his town game up, and I think the one game may not have been all that representative. I was on the scum team, and he made it to lylo for a reason. BoP sucks.
You seem pretty sure I'm scum here
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:40 am

Post by sangres »

In post 1071, Guyett wrote:
In post 637, sangres wrote:
Scum

Guyett - Based on one game I've played where he was town and I was scum,
I'd lean town
. But, I'm kinda impressed by the way people are talking his town game up, and I think the one game may not have been all that representative. I was on the scum team, and he made it to lylo for a reason. BoP sucks.
You seem pretty sure I'm scum here
See the bolded. I was putting weight on other peoples' reads, which made my certainty tenuous. Then you reacted to your wagon, including self-voting, and
my
reaction was "whoa, wait a minute". Ceph has talked about the ridiculous speed of that wagon, and that was a factor too, particularly because of all the "but you're scumreading him, why won't you put him at L-1" crap.
likeabauss
likeabauss
Goon
likeabauss
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:41 am

Post by likeabauss »

In post 1062, Cephrir wrote: Also, I almost want you to produce the italicized now because it's beginning to sound like this is baseless. And your failure to agree with my assumption tells me it was not a good assumption.
I think I stated, or meant to state, that I'm not going to delve much deeper into the Rank slot read than I need to. Just because I didn't respond, either to confirm or deny your assumption, doesn't validate or invalidate it. I'm just being courteous to a longtime friend and player who is no longer playing this game.
Guyett
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Hammering Hammered

Post Post #1074 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:43 am

Post by Guyett »

Then why put me in the scum pile?
looks like you're hedging there

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”