Tigris
Tigris
Goon
Tigris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:40 pm

Post by Tigris »

At this point, having a hard time finding things to post about.

Nominull and spaces want to lynch notscience
Brian finds nominull suspicious for voting notscience, due in part to hard push for lynch of montosh, while nominull also voted montosh (already expressed opinion on each). Do find it curious that spaces wasn't lumped with nominull, but eh, that's more then grasping at straws.
Drake is mostly coherent today, seems more likely to be an asset and more thoughtful, downside is that will be harder to read, but overall a good evolution for a new player. Is on the fence about notscience.
Second/privateI's slot I want to hear more from when able.
Jacob-I would like to hear from in regards to his thoughts on notscience and also potential other thoughts (when laptop/computer issues cease)
Spaces has said their part and is likely in similar boat as myself, waiting for information from a few of the quieter slots. Biggest difference is that spaces is arguing for a position right now and I'm more on the fence.

Right now, the options I see for myself are to

vote notscience (who I don't view as likely mafia, but is giving off sense of giving up), which puts it to lynch -1
wait for other people to post their thoughts, specifically privateI and jacob
re-scrub for details I might have missed prior

If the impasse continues for too much longer, will start leaning more towards the first option. I'm fine with no lynch today, obviously preferable to keep that card for later if possible, but I'd still be fine with it. That said, no lynch today, notscience alive tomorrow will lead to the same conversations unless something changes, which would mean that we wasted the no lynch unless the investigative role gains information and thinks it sufficient to share.
Drake Crusader
Drake Crusader
Goon
Drake Crusader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:57 pm

Post by Drake Crusader »

In post 424, JacobSavage wrote:Sorry literally spend the whole of today trying to get my laptop's screen to function again. Wasn't that successfull...
I want to here JS story. I need something to prove he isn't scum. Since I have absolute-nothing on him. Provided he hasn't really posted anything at all.
Can you expand on this, what are you expecting of me? How would I prove that I wasn't scum?
I am expecting for you to at least post a little. It has been 17 pages at this point. What do you think about all the players?
You have been sitting in the shadows and haven't really broke stride with any feedback. I am just looking to see what you are thinking.
As a town I would of at least expected you to participate. I can't get a read on you properly because there really is nothing to look at.
"We all of us need to be toppled off the throne of self, my dear," he said. "Perched up there the tears of others are never upon our own cheek.”
― Elizabeth Goudge
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:11 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 425, Tigris wrote:Do find it curious that spaces wasn't lumped with nominull, but eh, that's more then grasping at straws.
The difference is that I have a townread on Spaces. His positioning on the Day 1 Montosh wagon, trajectory, and general content don't read as scum to me.
In post 425, Tigris wrote:Second/privateI's slot I want to hear more from when able.
This is probably the most important thing for me today as I don't really have anywhere to sort him right now.

Who are your biggest scum-reads and why?
Zaicon
Zaicon
Mafia Scum
Zaicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:37 am

Post by Zaicon »

Vote Count 2.3

notscience (3):
Nominull, Spaces, notscience
Drake Crusader (1):
JacobSavage
Nominull (1):
Brian Skies

No Vote (3):
Drake Crusader, PrivateI, Tigris

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch!

Deadline is Saturday, November 16 at 2:30 PM CDT, which is in (expired on 2013-11-16 14:30:00).
Tigris
Tigris
Goon
Tigris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:07 pm

Post by Tigris »

Posting on a friend's vita since the wifi I use in my area is down. (work firewalls don't allow any forum)

I find second's slot suspicious due to completely falling of the map once attention was no longer on him.
jacob, not sure if find suspicious, but I can't see anything to really base anything on.
drake I still don't like the last few posts of yesterday, the change in style is also troubling, since not sure if due to couching.
spaces is still low level, still can't really explain why either, sorry spaces. do like the posts today, so less suspicious than used to be.

And anyone who is 'sure' I am town. Sounds contradictory, but that always makes me curious. I know that I am not easy to read, so feels off when people think I am definitely town. Always made me wonder me if they were only doing it since they viewed me as harder to lynch. Unfortunately seems like half the people in this game.

Right now, tending to view brian (due to trg) and nominull (due to end of day yesterday, if drake is mafia, would need to rethink) as townish.

Will be more difficult to post until the wifi comes back up, hopefully should be short term. If longer term, will figure something out.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:46 pm

Post by notscience »

why do you have 4 scumreads
Nominull
Nominull
Mafia Scum
Nominull
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:21 pm

Post by Nominull »

Need prods on Spaces and PrivateI... we have troubles if half the players aren't playing.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:22 pm

Post by notscience »

We have troubles with our wagon too
Spaces
Spaces
Townie
Spaces
Townie
Townie

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:21 am

Post by Spaces »

I'm playing, I just haven't seen much to pick apart yet since my last post.

Basically my secondary tells seem to be mostly missing: Jacob and PrivateI

Jacob's playing it quiet, and it seems to be his play style, so I'm keeping my eyes on him for now since asking him to simply talk more would be fairly useless.

Concerning Private's predecessor, it did seem strange that once Second got out of the line of fire he went quiet. But it also seems like he may have had some RL issues, so I'm waiting to hear more from PrivateI. Right off the bat though, he's already coming off as suspicious. Commenting on the Montosh lynch seems like it could be an attempt to align himself with the rest of the town. Nothing serious, but it raises one or two flags anyway.

Brian is also rising in my suspicions lately. He went through the entire collection of posts, commented on many of them, and yet in the end the only reason he has for his vote is, "Nom is voting for NS 'cause NS was wrong." Even after Nom explained that it was more than just that, Brian hasn't really replied or further explained his reasoning against Nom.
Zaicon
Zaicon
Mafia Scum
Zaicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:53 am

Post by Zaicon »

VOICE OF MOD:

Prodding PrivateI.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:06 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 433, Spaces wrote:He went through the entire collection of posts, commented on many of them, and yet in the end the only reason he has for his vote is, "Nom is voting for NS 'cause NS was wrong."
I have my thoughts about the slot right here. I feel like he's been deflecting blame towards notscience for a while and that is a huge scum-tell for me.
Nominull
Nominull
Mafia Scum
Nominull
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:05 pm

Post by Nominull »

For me to be deflecting blame, blame would have had to have been coming towards me in the first place. What reasonable person would blame me for Montosh's death?
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:06 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 436, Nominull wrote:What reasonable person would blame me for Montosh's death?
And that's the problem, isn't it?
Nominull
Nominull
Mafia Scum
Nominull
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:43 pm

Post by Nominull »

In post 437, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 436, Nominull wrote:What reasonable person would blame me for Montosh's death?
And that's the problem, isn't it?
I'm afraid I don't see what you're driving at.
Drake Crusader
Drake Crusader
Goon
Drake Crusader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:57 am

Post by Drake Crusader »

In post 430, notscience wrote:why do you have 4 scumreads
Do you have any scum reads? You seem to be less on the attacking and more on the quiet side.
"We all of us need to be toppled off the throne of self, my dear," he said. "Perched up there the tears of others are never upon our own cheek.”
― Elizabeth Goudge
JacobSavage
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:30 am

Post by JacobSavage »

Which of your scum reads do you think are mostly likely to flip scum?
"
I don't have an opinion, everything is great.
"

I have a GTKAS!
| Slightly V/LA at the moment
Tigris
Tigris
Goon
Tigris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:59 pm

Post by Tigris »

Internet is back up where I'm at, think it came back on before work.

In my book, everyone is mafia until proven otherwise, hence why 4 'mafia' reads. Without a flip or investigative role clearing someone, I never consider someone beyond suspicion. I used to, but a couple times closer friends on the site ended up killing me, so yeah, that broke that habit.

Honestly, I think that at least one of the quieter people is mafia in all likelihood. It's easy to lay low and not attract attention, especially if the wagons are ones that don't need to be influenced. More likely if drake is town; however, still applicable if mafia as the wagon had a quick start and finish. Plus, so far there's been no aggressive wagoning on quieter people (partly due to montosh/notscience, partly due to replacements), which would make it easier.

I have nothing to gauge jacob on, especially since have never played with him, so don't know his style. He's done nothing to incline me to think he's town or mafia.

More inclined to think that second would flip mafia. Also, dislike post 331, it feels very off for a town to say. Not inclined to vote a replacement before they post a couple times though and I really would like more input from privateI.

Drake, if you could give an explanation for why you used goon in your post late yesterday that could either help or hurt my view of you. I get caught up in small things as they tend to lead to bigger things.

Today has definitely muddied the water for me in regards to notscience. At this point, almost willing to believe that he would flip mafia as well.
JacobSavage
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:11 pm

Post by JacobSavage »

(Check my wiki page if you want, post of the games are out of date, but there are three IC games that I have been part of, one as scum, two as town)
"
"

I have a GTKAS!
Drake Crusader
Drake Crusader
Goon
Drake Crusader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:35 pm

Post by Drake Crusader »

In post 441, Tigris wrote:Internet is back up where I'm at, think it came back on before work.

In my book, everyone is mafia until proven otherwise, hence why 4 'mafia' reads. Without a flip or investigative role clearing someone, I never consider someone beyond suspicion. I used to, but a couple times closer friends on the site ended up killing me, so yeah, that broke that habit.

Honestly, I think that at least one of the quieter people is mafia in all likelihood. It's easy to lay low and not attract attention, especially if the wagons are ones that don't need to be influenced. More likely if drake is town; however, still applicable if mafia as the wagon had a quick start and finish. Plus, so far there's been no aggressive wagoning on quieter people (partly due to montosh/notscience, partly due to replacements), which would make it easier.

I have nothing to gauge jacob on, especially since have never played with him, so don't know his style. He's done nothing to incline me to think he's town or mafia.

More inclined to think that second would flip mafia. Also, dislike post 331, it feels very off for a town to say. Not inclined to vote a replacement before they post a couple times though and I really would like more input from privateI.

Drake, if you could give an explanation for why you used goon in your post late yesterday that could either help or hurt my view of you. I get caught up in small things as they tend to lead to bigger things.

Today has definitely muddied the water for me in regards to notscience. At this point, almost willing to believe that he would flip mafia as well.

I would have to give you two reasons and a question to answer yours.

First reason would be I wanted to stress in that post that I felt that Montosh was scum. I also felt that JacobSavage was involved with Montosh as a team. I used the term goon to symbolize the smaller mafia member. That if by chance JacobSavage was not in the mafia if we lynched him then by seeing who the mafia killed would show us who the goon was. ( this theory relied heavily on Montosh being scum). I could of chose several other words however, I also decided to choose goon as my word because it is indeed the role. When someone says mafia goon I imagine a henchman who would go around helping the main mafia man. So therefore, this complements my decision to label whoever the second member of the mafia "goon" or lessor mafia man.

Second would be that I did not want to label anyone other than Montosh at that time as Scum. This usage of goon would of been used again if Montosh flipped scum. Depending on who the night kill was I would of labeled the most scummiest as my Scum choice and the lessor would be my goon choice. Like right now at this moment in time I feel that JS would be my scum choice. The goon would be PrivateI.

My question is that : Since you stated you don't see the word goon used often would goon be a bad word choice to label my scum reads or should I just jumble them together under just "mafia" or "scum" ?
― Elizabeth Goudge
Nominull
Nominull
Mafia Scum
Nominull
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:38 pm

Post by Nominull »

It absolutely destroys games when people replace in, make a single post to say "I'm going to read the game now!" and then drop off the face of the earth. This happens all the time and it's hugely disruptive, something needs to be done about it.
Tigris
Tigris
Goon
Tigris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:45 pm

Post by Tigris »

Read part of 1426, was very amused by your posts especially 1018, now I have a headache, thanks... Or maybe just dehydrated since I ran distance today, dunno, done babbling tonight.

P-edit: -drake, yeah, mafia or scum is much more common, scum feels almost vulgar to me, hence why I don't use it (I'm odd, deal). I'll think about your post more when I'm more coherent, thank you for the response.
Nominull
Nominull
Mafia Scum
Nominull
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:03 pm

Post by Nominull »

Yeah I prefer the term mafia to scum, but I usually use the word scum anyway, just because everybody else does. I think part of the reason people say "scum" is because "mafia" is three syllables and "scum" is only one.

I want to hear from PrivateI's replacement and I hope we get a deadline extension to make that possible.
JacobSavage
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:16 am

Post by JacobSavage »

And its one extra letter :P

My thoughts on notscience are generally along the lines of made a mistake D1, has sort of disengaged because of it.
"
"

I have a GTKAS!
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:04 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

I think I'm due for a prod. The useless slot should post something because the last thing we need is that slot to remain useless.
Spaces
Spaces
Townie
Spaces
Townie
Townie

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:57 am

Post by Spaces »

Useless slot?

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”