Mini 1501: We're On A Boat! (END?! results inside)

CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1500 (ISO) » Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:42 am

Post by CrashTextDummie »

I know you're well-meaning, Garmr (you're cleared beyond reasonable doubt), but there's no point in speculating before all the cards are on the table.

This should all be pretty clear after Spyrex's and Yates' claims.
[i]Mgm laughed nervously, his cheeks flushing in the faintest of blushes. "Patrick... I only wanted to be with you... that's why I put the game to night, so Glork would get killed."[/i] - the heartwarming conclusion of Face to Face Mafia
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1501 (ISO) » Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:44 am

Post by Garmr »

Ok will wait.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1502 (ISO) » Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:54 am

Post by SpyreX »

Its about to get a little more confusing. ;)

I'm the vig. I shot Empire, notscience and Grim.

Ill wait for Yates to continue on before I go through a few things that make 0 sense at the moment.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1503 (ISO) » Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:04 am

Post by Garmr »

wait spyrex arn't you the neighbor
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1504 (ISO) » Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:22 am

Post by SpyreX »

Yes I am. ;)

I never said I was JUST a neighbor.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1505 (ISO) » Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:23 am

Post by Garmr »

so we have like 3 confirmed towns I think we are in a good spot.
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1506 (ISO) » Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:26 am

Post by Yates »

Interesting.

The reason I jumped all over Fferyllt is because *I'm* the Doc. I didn't want to announce first just in case I was wrong about Spy and he wanted to claim Doc. Low angle play but worth the shot, imo.

I never asked mod who CDB protected N1 [because it obviously didn't work] but I protected SpyreX upon replace in. What I said about why "Fferyllt" protected SpyreX is why *I* protected him. That was my way of calling my protection in case I was killed last night.

I protected CTD last night. I thought he was going to claim Cop today and was trying to throw scum off. Then I realized if *I* was thinking this, scum was probably thinking this.

I knew it was a risky gambit but I figured scum would have to try to kill the "doc" knowing I would be protected. Since I thought Fferyllt was an SK, I marked her as the doc. Her waking up alive this morning is - well - strange. Combine this with my fake Town read on fferyllt and this has me fairly convinced she's scum.

Additionally, I'm on board with Garmr's theory. It looks like a textbook scum trying to set up a mislynch play.

At this point I think we can confidently lynch Fferyllt. If the game isn't over at lynch, SpyreX is an SK so we can just knock him out tomorrow.

Vote: Fferyllt
Coming soon: 50 Shades of Null
Please pm me to pre-in
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1507 (ISO) » Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:36 am

Post by Garmr »

Well I think a fferrylt lynch is a great idea and with a doctor,Vig and inspector we pretty much won this game. Anyway If fferrylt is somehow town we lynch CTD there is no way we can lose.

VOTE: fferrylt
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1508 (ISO) » Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:48 am

Post by Yates »

If SpyreX killed Grim, scum tried killing CTD last night and were blocked by me. So I think CTD is pretty much confirmed Town at this point.
Please pm me to pre-in
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1509 (ISO) » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:05 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 1506, Yates wrote:Interesting.

The reason I jumped all over Fferyllt is because *I'm* the Doc. I didn't want to announce first just in case I was wrong about Spy and he wanted to claim Doc. Low angle play but worth the shot, imo.

I never asked mod who CDB protected N1 [because it obviously didn't work] but I protected SpyreX upon replace in. What I said about why "Fferyllt" protected SpyreX is why *I* protected him. That was my way of calling my protection in case I was killed last night.

I protected CTD last night. I thought he was going to claim Cop today and was trying to throw scum off. Then I realized if *I* was thinking this, scum was probably thinking this.

I knew it was a risky gambit but I figured scum would have to try to kill the "doc" knowing I would be protected. Since I thought Fferyllt was an SK, I marked her as the doc. Her waking up alive this morning is - well - strange. Combine this with my fake Town read on fferyllt and this has me fairly convinced she's scum.

Additionally, I'm on board with Garmr's theory. It looks like a textbook scum trying to set up a mislynch play.

At this point I think we can confidently lynch Fferyllt. If the game isn't over at lynch, SpyreX is an SK so we can just knock him out tomorrow.

Vote: Fferyllt
I'm town, and I don't think you can make a case for me being scum based on my play, because I wore my motivation on my sleeve this game, hoping to draw a night kill.

So, I want to think I was right about the CTD slot all along.

Spyrex' kills are in alignment with his stances during the game day, so I'm pretty ok with him being the Vig.

I want to vote you purely on the basis of our abilities clashing the way they do, but with Spyrex claiming three kills, there's a kill missing even if my bullet-proof was used up. The other problem with this theory is that I don't see how scum-you can get to a win given the number of players left, especially after my flip.

So, can we talk about where the final scum lies in this set-up? I'm baffled.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1510 (ISO) » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:07 am

Post by fferyllt »

I guess it's possible scum skipped a kill to shore up the doc claim.

My flip is going to be a problem for you if that's the case, Yates.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1511 (ISO) » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:09 am

Post by fferyllt »

So the only real concern about your claim is how you get to LYLO after my flip. Maybe my claim was a surprise but your gambit was already in place.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1512 (ISO) » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:11 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 1507, Garmr wrote:Well I think a fferrylt lynch is a great idea and with a doctor,Vig and inspector we pretty much won this game. Anyway If fferrylt is somehow town we lynch CTD there is no way we can lose.

VOTE: fferrylt
No, if I'm lynched, your lynch priority becomes Yates. Don't mess around with oddball corner cases after you see my flip.

Idic
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1513 (ISO) » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:11 am

Post by CrashTextDummie »

I have infinite bragging rights because I sent the mod a PM last night predicting all three PR claims (Peabody investigating NS and Plum, Spyrex killing Empire and NS, Yates protecting Spyrex) and I expect this PM to be posted in post-game.
[i]Mgm laughed nervously, his cheeks flushing in the faintest of blushes. "Patrick... I only wanted to be with you... that's why I put the game to night, so Glork would get killed."[/i] - the heartwarming conclusion of Face to Face Mafia
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1514 (ISO) » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:13 am

Post by Garmr »

Your flip I presume is scum but I wonder if you have a role FFerylt. Were you rolecop or Just vanilla scum. Maybe you were a tracker.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1515 (ISO) » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:15 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 1513, CrashTextDummie wrote:I have infinite bragging rights because I sent the mod a PM last night predicting all three PR claims (Peabody investigating NS and Plum, Spyrex killing Empire and NS, Yates protecting Spyrex) and I expect this PM to be posted in post-game.
Are you assuming that I'm lying or that both Yates and I are town?

Because being convinced Yates is town is kind of important to me. If he's town, I don't want to turn this into a 1v1. I want to figure out where the 3rd scum actually is.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1516 (ISO) » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:19 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 1514, Garmr wrote:Your flip I presume is scum but I wonder if you have a role FFerylt. Were you rolecop or Just vanilla scum. Maybe you were a tracker.
You presume wrong. I'm absolutely confident that my play from my first post onward is in line with my role. And my role is BP Town. I'm a fairly transparent player as town most of the time anyway. TI went so far as to be sure that a doctor wasn't off the table in scum calculations yesterday if they had already targeted me, when as VT I would have let the assumption that I was doc lie and hope to soak up the night kill.

Idic
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1517 (ISO) » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:25 am

Post by Yates »

In post 1515, fferyllt wrote:I want to figure out where the 3rd scum actually is.
Well... it's you, silly. Your BP doesn't make sense from a balance perspective. Also, why would you be 1-shot while the rest of us are standard unlimited roles?

I don't think scum - down by 2 - is in a position to no kill. Last night, scum had to try for the doc [to prevent another no kill], the cop [to preserve anonymity] or - less optimally - the vig/sk for any prayer at a win. Of course, you already know this.
Please pm me to pre-in
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1518 (ISO) » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:29 am

Post by Yates »

In post 1516, fferyllt wrote:I went so far as to be sure that a doctor wasn't off the table in scum calculations yesterday if they had already targeted me, when as VT I would have let the assumption that I was doc lie and hope to soak up the night kill.
Then why wouldn't you do the same as a 1-shot BP? This also does not add up. Your job as BP is to draw a NK. Your play flies in the face of this. Why *NOT* let scum think you are the doc? Heck, why not just CLAIM doc?

You are caught scum. Your claim is quite obviously fake. And your play yesterday - especially late in the day - is enough to incriminate you.
Please pm me to pre-in
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1519 (ISO) » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:31 am

Post by Garmr »

This game is in the bag anyway there's no way for town to lose just lynch her.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1520 (ISO) » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:31 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 1517, Yates wrote:
In post 1515, fferyllt wrote:I want to figure out where the 3rd scum actually is.
Well... it's you, silly. Your BP doesn't make sense from a balance perspective. Also, why would you be 1-shot while the rest of us are standard unlimited roles?
An unlimited BP would be a crazy role for town, especially if you are Doc. It sort of makes sense balance-wise due to Spyrex being multi-shot.
I don't think scum - down by 2 - is in a position to no kill. Last night, scum had to try for the doc [to prevent another no kill], the cop [to preserve anonymity] or - less optimally - the vig/sk for any prayer at a win. Of course, you already know this.
I know that's standard strategy.

When I'm scum, I don't always do the expected. And I seriously doubt you do. I don't forget the Rage game where your scum team won by having one of you claim scum in thread at LYLO and lead the lynch on SK-me.

Try again. If you're town, consider the possibility that I'm what I say I am and think about where the final scum is. At the very least it gives me a chance to think about the game and possibly come up with something that will be useful for town tomorrow.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1521 (ISO) » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:33 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 1518, Yates wrote:
In post 1516, fferyllt wrote:I went so far as to be sure that a doctor wasn't off the table in scum calculations yesterday if they had already targeted me, when as VT I would have let the assumption that I was doc lie and hope to soak up the night kill.
Then why wouldn't you do the same as a 1-shot BP? This also does not add up. Your job as BP is to draw a NK. Your play flies in the face of this. Why *NOT* let scum think you are the doc? Heck, why not just CLAIM doc?

You are caught scum. Your claim is quite obviously fake. And your play yesterday - especially late in the day - is enough to incriminate you.
BECAUSE MISSING KILLS.

If I have been targeted, then I CAN'T be doc in their calculations. Scum would know that if they targeted me.

Idic
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1522 (ISO) » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:35 am

Post by Garmr »

In post 1521, fferyllt wrote:
In post 1518, Yates wrote:

BECAUSE MISSING KILLS.

If I have been targeted, then I CAN'T be doc in their calculations. Scum would know that if they targeted me.
You could of targeted the same player it's that simple.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1523 (ISO) » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:36 am

Post by fferyllt »

I'm really serious here. I'm almost certain to be lynched. I don't want to be screaming for your head on a pike tomorrow if you're town. I've been on the receiving end of that as town, and it was crippling the next game day.

So show some town flexibility and indulge me in the thought experiment.

Idic
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1524 (ISO) » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:37 am

Post by Garmr »

Town has won fferylt what don't you understand if your town why are you worried.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”