NY 167: COMPLETELY NORMAL Mafia (GAME OVER)

MC Maraca
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2050 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:47 pm

Post by MC Maraca »

In post 2040, Cabd wrote:Attention people voting orcinus:
In post 2026, Cabd wrote:If shit is faked ill know tomorrow.
Thank you.
In post 2043, Cabd wrote:If I soft any harder I think i'll dissolve in the rain holy fuck.
In post 2045, Cabd wrote:A: you're dumb
B: not quite
^For ISO

In post 2048, JacobSavage wrote:Cabdy, you know you're in a hydra right...

Also VOTE: Sakura I'm not voting Orc, like ever.
I do, but my phone doesn't!
Cabd: "hell, mc maraca is a two lady hydra of justice"
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #2051 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:01 pm

Post by goodmorning »

minimalism

Votecount 1.68

orcinus_theoriginal [L-2] - likeabauss, Hermy, RadiantCowbells, MVP, yessiree, Guyett, Sakura Hana

Sakura Hana [L-4] - MC Maraca, orcinus_theoriginal, Cephrir, PeregrineV, JacobSavage

Guyett [L-8] - caledfwitch

caledfwitch [L-8] - Angry Frat BROs

Not Voting [3] - TheIrishPope, sangres, Toomai

With 17 alive, it takes
to lynch. The day will end in (expired on 2013-11-21 09:39:00)

Angry Frat BROs V/LA til Friday
JacobSavage
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2052 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:04 pm

Post by JacobSavage »

In post 2050, MC Maraca wrote:I do, but my phone doesn't!
This is why you always have two browsers installed... even on phones :P
"
I don't have an opinion, everything is great.
"

I have a GTKAS!
| Slightly V/LA at the moment
Toomai
Toomai
Goon
Toomai
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2053 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:06 pm

Post by Toomai »

In post 2050, MC Maraca wrote:I do, but my phone doesn't!
Then stop using inferior technology to post.

Vote: Sakura Hana

My SH read is pretty null right now, but it looks like the only viableish wagon right now, and no lynch Day 1 is just bad all around. I'm voting now because the deadline's in 8.5 hours and I generally sleep for 9-9.5.
This should be required reading for...everyone for anything, really.
MC Maraca
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
MC Maraca
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2054 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:07 pm

Post by MC Maraca »

In post 2044, RadiantCowbells wrote:Cabd seems to be claiming role cop.
Also if this thing is town it's antitown as fuck so I would SO be down to flash policy.
Cabd: "hell, mc maraca is a two lady hydra of justice"
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2055 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:09 pm

Post by Cephrir »

APBRO- y u no vote counterwagon

I don't believe in this counterwagon but I don't really care
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Angry Frat BROs
Angry Frat BROs
Mafia Scum
Angry Frat BROs
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2056 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:06 pm

Post by Angry Frat BROs »

VOTE: RC

Would much rather flash-wagon this. I'll be pulling an all-nighter tonight writing papers, so I can switch to SH if nobody wants to join me.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2057 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:21 pm

Post by orcinus_theoriginal »

Quick thoughts

I have to try to get to Nacho's thing really quick but I'm in class right now. Sorry guys, I got caught up with a surprise exam last night.

This town is fucking stupid and I don't understand why Cabd didn't just keep his soft hidden

Bauss is scumreading sangres and supporting their case on me at the same time? His case still lacks meta. And let me pick up this gem:
Rank has NEVER subbed out on a D1 of a game with me, ever.
Still a distinct lack of meta. Put out a nice case that cites only a hydra game, where you can't see rank's posts in ISO. Nice.
We are lazy people on an adventure, flirting with life but too shy to go all the way.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2058 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:35 pm

In post 1943, sangres wrote:
In post 591, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:
In post 590, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 589, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:why is he scum again
Being Hypocritical and selectively scumhunting.
and this is scum more likely than just bad town because?

i mean sometimes stupid townies feel the need to pounce on retarded things that are really widespread

guyett doesn't look too experienced
As orc opens up the game, he distinguishes very clearly between bad town and scum. Yet we feel all of his later attacks have had an overarching theme of "bad, so scum". Orc does have these tendencies as scum, but as town, he's usually better at distinguishing them from his normal rage, and usually backs down a bit from them.
Because this town has an overarching theme of "bad" and I've given enough shits
In post 600, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:
In post 597, likeabauss wrote:I never left. The guy you replaced, Rank, is my brother from another mother. We've been playing mafia together for like 10 years. Him replacing out means he was scum. Means you are scum. You should tread carefully, because between you and FratBoys, I've got two mafia and its still early on D1
So you're misreading someone you've played with for 10 years

Retardedness or scum?
We didn't like this post because we felt this is the type of response that orc wouldn't let go easily. As town, he would dog the hell out of bauss because a meta read like this isn't something that you pass over with a one-shot response when you're in a town slot. When someone calls a meta read like this when you're in a town slot, you let the thunder loose because they're being an absolute idiot fucking up reading the one person they're supposed to have a handle over, or they're making an attempt to mislynch a slot of someone with meta authority that they
had
but didn't want to pull because they would peg them immediately if they tried to pull something like that and you bring down holy hellfire down in response. The fact that orc let this slide showed that he was more interested in burying it because he felt he would be able to discredit bauss/push things off with a strong power role claim.
No. I don't respect Bauss as a player based on what I've heard about him. If mollie got majiffy wrong or something I'd be on her case like a bloodthirsty dog, but I don't value Bauss nearly as highly as I do mollie. As such, I'm ok with letting him being wrong on Rank slide.
In post 695, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:Guyett is a stupidly easy lynch and I've decided that I dislike it.
Can you believe orc ever said something like this? We can't, considering the rest of his pushes (with the sole exception of bauss whose push is essentially a delayed OMGUS attempt).
I don't understand what this means.
In post 906, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:pressure votes don't work if you say that it's a pressure vote so there is actually no reason for 901

899 is just parroting what i just said in the hopes of getting towncred for ocntributing

841 is a load of fence and i think your ass should be hurting by now
First attack is an attack for not having optimal scumhunting strategies which is dumb.
And the fencesitting comment was attacking Sakura for what was a little too transparent (inb4fencesitting) bit which is one of the easiest things to attack that I've ever seen. It's essentially taking an attack that was given to him even though it's not the type of thing that scum generally do.
I'm scummy (inb4 scummy)

Yeah Im still going to call you out on that, sorry

And did you even fucking read the other shit sakura did
In post 912, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:you told us before that you lied about reads to pull gambits

why then didn't you lie about your read on me
There's a lot wrong with this statement. "I lied once for a gambit" doesn't mean that "I lie when I don't know what to do" and the whole reason that fencesitting is a scumtell is because it's either A) leaving options open so she can push mislynches or defend him later, or B) too bad at scum to fake reads. Telling her to fake reads defeats the purpose of the fencesitting scumtell. There's also the possibility that this was a sarcastic statement, but that's just discrediting setting up for a later push.
This was not an attack. This was me trying to understand her thought process

She said that she lies about reads to pull gambits. That would be very much applicable and effective in the case of her read on me. So I wanted to ask her about that

In post 943, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:
In post 942, sangres wrote:Are you caught up?

Sakura is keeping her cards a lot closer than she used to. Nacho will probably have a stronger opinion than I do, but I liked her push on you, and I like that she called bauss out for not going after his strongest read.
you are talking to me

so i'm assuming you disagree with sakura's push?

and for the love of god I CALLED BAUSS OUT for that and she parroted

fuck this game :(
He acted like Sakura sheeping his point (admittedly his best point) was some revolutionary shit that was actually worthy of some significant complaint, but it really wasn't :/. It wasn't like Bauss was an easy target, and it wasn't like there was any need for her to push that point in a significant way.
How about because I JUST FUCKING SAID THAT SAKURA PARROTED ME AND THEN THE NEXT PERSON GIVES HER CREDIT FOR IT AND THAT FRUSTRATES ME BECAUSE IT IS A TESTAMENT TO HOW ILLITERATE EVERYONE IS HERE
In post 978, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:
In post 972, Sakura Hana wrote:Ok so why should be considering policy lynching RC when you've supposedly caught scum?
i really hope you don't breed.

because i and everyone else can always be wrong about our reads and because some people have disagreed with my read on you

by your desperation on discrediting me i assume that i am not, however, wrong this time.
I don't understand how this is discrediting at all, actually. Wondering why you would go for the RC policy lynch over the strong scumread was a valid question!
sure
In post 1011, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:1) selective quoting
2) opportunistic testing waters
3) deliberately obtuse
1) The selective quoting is usually for reading pleasure as opposed to anything else. The words that she left out had absolutely nothing to do with her point of "why wasn't this your original response".
2) Opportunistic testing waters was bullshit, assuming that it refers to your earlier fencesitting bit.
3) Deliberately obtuse is the worst reasoning for anything ever, and is scum's favorite reason in order to attack someone whose logic they think they can beat.
"selective quoting is for reading pleasure"
You cannot be serious.

The words she left out were very fucking important to what the quote actually meant
You're going to have to give me more than "bullshit", though judging by this case so far I doubt you will
Nacho is the scummiest person ever.
^This is about what you are doing in your entire case.

In post 1134, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:the thing is i once downplayed a player for being too stupid once to be scum

she flipped scum

mara in our first game together

NEVER AGAIN
Is this supposed to cover up all of his "this is bad" attacks instead of "this is scummy attacks" that you've dropped on the thread? I can see freaking out over things that are exceptionally bad, but you're attacking things that are sort of scummy and weaving them into horrible, horrible things.
"I'm attacking things that are sort of scummy"

God forgive me for my sins
you know what i'm not even going to bother with this game anymore

it's tough for me to care about a game as town these days

and when i put in the effort and get flashwagoned for no fucking reason

i give up

you guys earn a big fat finger up your collective asses.
This was scummy because it was so premature; orc is stubborn as hell and when he latches onto something, it takes a hell of a lot more than a bad wagon on him in order to force him to shit down completely.
Have you taken into account that i am a cop yet

Becuase this seems like something relevant to my play so far in this game and you wouldn't miss it if you were actually trying

2c
Toomai and JS but let's be honest I really don't care.
There is no case on me and I'm getting scumread for freaking out when I really don't want to be lynched
These two quotes don't make sense together, and they are only a few pieces apart. Orc knows that he has two motivations: motivation as cop to survive, and motivation as townorc the player to impart some sanity to the thread before he dies. As town, the motivation overwhelming both of those is to find scum and make them die or set them up to die. The fact that motivation for him as townorc and him with a town wincondition disappears but the cop motivation remains is a sign of scumvenience and nothing else.
Have you SEEN me as town recently

Because if so arguing that i lack town motivation is a scum sign is bullshit

#138 and #139 are both the start of the broad strokes analysis we were hoping for, but neither of them scratches the surface of "unfakeable" or even "townleaning". The centerpiece of all the analysis he's given this game is his push on Sakura which is a case that consists of "she's bad" and is more contentless than the case that's been put forth against him in thread so far.
if you insist on not reading I don't know what I can say to you

#171, he complains about no one reaching out to him. We try to reach out to him, he spits back out the same piss poor content he had been providing all game. His transition to bauss from bad town to scum has no good trajectory in his ISO; instead, it looks like his read tranferred from bad town to scum when he realized when discrediting wasn't going to work.
Let me get to this below
I mean there are so many reasons why bauss is scum. The only reason why it took me so long to reach that read was because I was giving him a pass based on past meta failure.

I just hope that he'll stop being so cock-ass sure of himself after he lynches a fucking cop. But I doubt it.
First bit doesn't even make sense with the second bit; it sounds like he's convinced he's scum, but the second bit clearly assumes bauss town (otherwise lynching a cop wouldn't be humbling).
I worded this badly. There are many scummy things bauss has done. etc etc

The "lynchers" comment was horrible and I shouldn't even have to get into why.
please do, you condescending jackass.
We are lazy people on an adventure, flirting with life but too shy to go all the way.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2059 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:38 pm

In post 1142, sangres wrote:Sup.

Vote: orcinus the_original
In post 1149, sangres wrote:Dear Cephrir,
In post 597, likeabauss wrote:I never left. The guy you replaced, Rank, is my brother from another mother. We've been playing mafia together for like 10 years. Him replacing out means he was scum. Means you are scum. You should tread carefully, because between you and FratBoys, I've got two mafia and its still early on D1
when you've made it explicitly clear that are going to be stupid this game

i do not feel obliged to give you shit that you ask for
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2060 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:41 pm

In post 1010, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:
In post 1008, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 1003, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:I would still consider my policy lynch because I know that RC has to be lynched at some point or other, and leaving you alive for one more day will allow me to consolidate my read on you. So I'd rather RC go day 1 and you go day 2 than RC go day x>1
And why couldnt you have said this when I first questioned you?
this selective quoting is scummy as fuck.

here is the first sentence of what I wrote
and if my read weren't so strong on you, then yes i would be ok with a policy lynch on RC
Here is the first part of the sentence which you conveniently cut off
So even if my scumread is higher on you than on RC,
so NO, I DO NOT WANT TO LYNCH RC OVER YOU

BUT I WOULD BE OK WITH A LYNCH ON RC AS A LESS DESIRED TARGET

please lynch this

im going nuts
This is quoting for convenience.

Yes it is.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2061 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:42 pm

In post 1106, Cephrir wrote:
In post 1104, likeabauss wrote:JacobSavage, AngryFratBoys is conveniently on your wagon (which has run up with absolutely no coherent case of any merit) just like he was on the Guyett wagon (similarly run up with absolutely no coherent case of any merit.) Doesn't that make you wonder? You are clearly not the best lynch right now for a town player, IMO. Why wouldn't he want to lynch between me and Orcinus to clear the air? Why is he just following the easy wagons? There is no town aligned logic that explains this behavior, because he is scum.
This just in, anyone who doesn't want to lynch between likeabauss and orcinus is scum

In post 1107, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 1106, Cephrir wrote:anyone who doesn't want to lynch between likeabauss and orcinus is scum
And who do you want to lynch?
This is quoting for convenience

Yes it is
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2062 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:48 pm

also i love sakura's trajectory on guyett

I was trying to trace it through her ISO because it was a strong scumread when I replaced in

The trajectory ends as abruptly as a rock's flight
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2063 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:53 pm

In post 2056, Angry Frat BROs wrote:VOTE: RC

Would much rather flash-wagon this. I'll be pulling an all-nighter tonight writing papers, so I can switch to SH if nobody wants to join me.
Either works. I will be here through to deadline, though in 30 minutes I will be busy (am ditching exam review to write this) and I will be on my phone for a bit after that

Is anybody here right now
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2064 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:53 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Going to bed soon... thinking I should probably stay here...
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2065 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:54 pm

Post by Cephrir »

If RC accumulates 3 votes in the next half hour I will switch
Bartleby the Scrivener
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2066 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:58 pm

Cephrir talk to me about jacobsavage
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2067 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:01 pm

Post by Cephrir »

He's scum? The only thing I see in his iso that makes me feel even remotely okay is him not jumping at the chance to lynch you, but that really isn't much.
Bartleby the Scrivener
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2068 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:02 pm

In post 2067, Cephrir wrote:He's scum? The only thing I see in his iso that makes me feel even remotely okay is him not jumping at the chance to lynch you, but that really isn't much.
Is JS meta lurkscum activetown?

I do not have an impression of him
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2069 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:04 pm

Post by Cephrir »

I'm not as strongly anti-JS as I once was but he's still probably my best scumread.

I am not doing well in the scumreads department this game, mostly because of all the morons.

P-edit: I know almost zero about his meta. I have seen him lurk as town and super massive hyper lurk as SK.
Bartleby the Scrivener
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2070 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:21 pm

What are we doing about the morons

It is better we sort them now thanhave them in lylo
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2071 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:00 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Well, I'm officially going to sleep now. If I see anyone post in this thread in the next 5.5 hours without voting Sakura, I will consider them to have claimed scum. Good night.
Bartleby the Scrivener
JacobSavage
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2072 (ISO) » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:19 am

Post by JacobSavage »

In post 2068, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:
In post 2067, Cephrir wrote:He's scum? The only thing I see in his iso that makes me feel even remotely okay is him not jumping at the chance to lynch you, but that really isn't much.
Is JS meta lurkscum activetown?

But I'm already voting Sakura... :/
In post 2068, orcinus_theoriginal wrote: Is JS meta lurkscum activetown?

I believe its lurkscum, lurktown, active3rd
"
I don't have an opinion, everything is great.
"

I have a GTKAS!
| Slightly V/LA at the moment
Angry Frat BROs
Angry Frat BROs
Mafia Scum
Angry Frat BROs
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2073 (ISO) » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:21 am

Post by Angry Frat BROs »

Annnnnnd my flashwagon won't happen :(