Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:23 pm

Post by fferyllt »

Town

tcgo - transparent play, mostly
hayato - despite a twitch on my part here and there, I found myself agreeing with him a lot as I read through day 1. Especially as he pushed the WDO wagon in the face of near inevitable tne lynch. Given his level of experience, this wasn't something I'd expect.

Maybe a little bit less town

trisania (mostly because of that tenuous feel of a connection with WDO. I usually want to take this sort of play, call it newb obvtown, and never look back.)
Grimgroove (mostly because I feel like he's not picking up on the right stuff so far, but maybe I'm the one who's off.

Not very town

WDO - bits of flail here and there, maybe a "fosed for the wrong reasons" feel to his anger about being called out for inactivity due to the ipod trouble. Also, interestng that zipper dead given his vote following hayato. Which of those two would look scarier to newbscum?
NS - GiF's play was underwhelming. There were ~reasons~ but I really need to see some serious town play from NS to wash those concerns out of my mind.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
WBOCampfire1104
WBOCampfire1104
Goon
WBOCampfire1104
Goon
Goon

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:34 pm

Post by WBOCampfire1104 »

I just kind of realized I'm in a bad situation, because zipperflesh voted for me, and died, and I was pissed. But usually those reactions only occur when it's the lynchvotes dealt with. Meanwhile, I'll be doing two things:
VOTE ANALYZER
If anybody ever needs me to look over some vote wagons or anything because you're too lazy, I'll be glad to help, even if I think you're scum.
THE (UN)OFFICIAL MAFIA SPOTTERS' GUIDE
Every once in a while, I'll post some random thing on how to find scum. Example below:

I was reading a game, and one guy had done a quickvote for someone that, yeah, looked pretty suspicious. Then others started voting for him until that one suspicious guy had 3 votes (5 there at the time, eough for lynch.) He quickly pulled back and random vote someone else. What can be said?

I believe he was trying to vote for his own scumpartner to look "towny". His plan backfired, as his partner was getting lynched. He pulled back and RV'd, but the mod clarified the vote was official and the partner was lynched. They were both scum. (This was Noob Game 7, BTW.) So, if anyone goes about voting someone and pull back as the wagon grows, then you might have identified scum.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:52 pm

Post by fferyllt »

Hi WBO,

That's an interestingly non-responsive post comng right after my reads list.

Idic
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:40 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

Votecount 2.3Cervantes
Grimgroove - 1 (thiscantgowrong)
Nobody Special
hatatoBL
thiscantgowrong
Trisania - 1 (hayatoBL)
WBOCampfire1104

Not Voting - 5 (Cervantes, Nobody Special, WBO, Trisania, Grimgroove)

With 7 alive it's 4 to lynch. Deadline is 11/28 at 5PM EST.
Last edited by Untrod Tripod on Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Trisania
Trisania
Goon
Trisania
Goon
Goon

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:50 pm

Post by Trisania »

@hayato:

1. A person can still participate in discussions without voting first. It is better that way than voting early on and appear very inconsistent due to constantly changing votes. People will see you as scum that way regardless of your alignment. I did just that in an informal mafia game at another site, and I personally felt incompetent because I couldn't decide on a vote.

2. My initial assessment on TNE was leaning town anyway, so I see no reason for you to make a big deal out of it and see it as scummy.

I can't help but feel you're buddying Grim, the same way you're tunneling me.

@fferyllt:

On TCGW being town: It's more along the lines of: "I'll change my vote if I can later on see you're town."

As the day dragged on and he posted decent defense on his side, I thought maybe he IS town, but he hasn't displayed the usual frustration of a townie facing a lynch, so I have to wait for that before unvoting him.

On Dr. crumbing: It was an honest mistake. I got stupidly excited at first when I thought Grim was hinting at being the doctor. I didn't know it was rolefishing (and anti-town).

At my rant: English is not my native language.
An Aes Sedai never lies, but the truth she tells you isn't the one you think you hear.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:14 pm

Post by fferyllt »

trisania who are you thinkiing is scum given tne's and zpper's flip?

Idic
Trisania
Trisania
Goon
Trisania
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:38 pm

Post by Trisania »

^I would have to say GIF/NS, because of GIF'S IC-related posts. (I agree with your observation on that, and I've previously expressed it as well)

Hayato is a scum read for me too, because he seems to be blatantly buddying Grim while tunneling me.
An Aes Sedai never lies, but the truth she tells you isn't the one you think you hear.
Trisania
Trisania
Goon
Trisania
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:50 pm

Post by Trisania »

^But WBO's latest post is weird and off the mark, and doesn't really respond to your scum read on him, so I'm giving him my FoS.
WBOCampfire1104
WBOCampfire1104
Goon
WBOCampfire1104
Goon
Goon

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:54 am

In post 327, fferyllt wrote:Hi WBO,

That's an interestingly non-responsive post comng right after my reads list.
Yeah, I only meant the first part. ISOS coming soon.
WBOCampfire1104
WBOCampfire1104
Goon
WBOCampfire1104
Goon
Goon

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:04 am

Yeah it does, Tris. Read JUST the first part.
WBOCampfire1104
WBOCampfire1104
Goon
WBOCampfire1104
Goon
Goon

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:17 am

In post 330, fferyllt wrote:trisania who are you thinkiing is scum given tne's and zpper's flip?
Actually, if you don't mind, I'll answer this.
Basically, zipperflesh and thenewearth were the two players that were "useless posters"; they just did random votes, or, as fferlit said, "his posts had a **** you I'm town flavor". zipperflesh did little, hard-to-explain votes/reasonings and when asked to simplify, doesn't respond. So I think that anybody would vote or NK them.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:20 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 335, WBOCampfire1104 wrote:
In post 330, fferyllt wrote:trisania who are you thinkiing is scum given tne's and zpper's flip?
Actually, if you don't mind, I'll answer this.
Basically, zipperflesh and thenewearth were the two players that were "useless posters"; they just did random votes, or, as fferlit said, "his posts had a **** you I'm town flavor". zipperflesh did little, hard-to-explain votes/reasonings and when asked to simplify, doesn't respond. So I think that anybody would vote or NK them.
Scum usually don't NK players who look easy to lynch. Not unless some other factor is in play.

Idic
Trisania
Trisania
Goon
Trisania
Goon
Goon

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:41 am

Post by Trisania »

^True. If I were scum, I wouldn't kill zipperflesh either.

On that note...
@WBO:
I get it now. Scum probably killed him to make YOU, the person zipperflesh voted for, as a guilty party. But that's just my theory. It's more likely scum are among those who went along the TNE wagon.
WBOCampfire1104
WBOCampfire1104
Goon
WBOCampfire1104
Goon
Goon

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:51 am

ISOS:
TRISIANA
I really don't have anything to say about Tris's playstyle. I don't know why. So I'll
NULL
it.
THISCANTGOWRONG
Seems to be an overly excited or nervous voter. He rants a lot, but It's all in the name of good scumhunting.
TOWN

CERVANTES/FFERYLIT
He seems like hayato-7, which will make sense later. He asks quite a few of questions with good reason.
NULL

MONTOSH/HAYATOBL
He seems to be that guy that rocks everyone off balance. He asks TONS of questions (hence "hayato-7") and seems like scum concerned to rock everyone off balance.
SCUM

GRIMGROOVE
Always takes the weirdest wagons. Constantly starting new ones, he convinces with good, orderly reasoning.
NULL

GUYINFREEZER/NOBODY SPECIAL
Somebody, I think Grimgroove, said this guy was a lurker. He kind of pokes around uselessly, reminding me of zipperflesh, kind of. But GIF's playstyle was entirely different in this game, compared to 1339, a scum game. So
NULL
WBOCampfire1104
WBOCampfire1104
Goon
WBOCampfire1104
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:52 am

Heh, all nulls. Here's an order:
thiscantgowrong
Trisiana
Grimgroove
fferylit
Nobody Special
hayatoBL
hayatoBL
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:37 am

Post by hayatoBL »

Hi. There's activity. Great. And WBO's back.

Proddodge
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:42 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 301, hayatoBL wrote:I can’t really share the suspicions you have for Grim or GiF, because your arguments were mostly from meta. Maybe when there’s less player around, I could spend more time meta’ing players.
It sounds like you expect to be around when the player list has thinned out more.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:18 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 337, Trisania wrote:^True. If I were scum, I wouldn't kill zipperflesh either.

On that note...
@WBO:
I get it now. Scum probably killed him to make YOU, the person zipperflesh voted for, as a guilty party. But that's just my theory. It's more likely scum are among those who went along the TNE wagon.
1. It could be both - scum on TNE's wagon could have chosen to kill zipperflesh.

2. And WDO
could
be scum who killed him. I feel like you are excluding possibilities in this post. The facts we have in hand don't really support those exclusions - they should still be on the table.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:20 pm

Post by fferyllt »

@MOD if prods haven't gone out yet, could you prod anyone who's due?

Thanks!

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:27 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 338, WBOCampfire1104 wrote:ISOS:
TRISIANA
I really don't have anything to say about Tris's playstyle. I don't know why. So I'll
NULL
it.
THISCANTGOWRONG
Seems to be an overly excited or nervous voter. He rants a lot, but It's all in the name of good scumhunting.
TOWN

CERVANTES/FFERYLIT
He seems like hayato-7, which will make sense later. He asks quite a few of questions with good reason.
NULL

MONTOSH/HAYATOBL
He seems to be that guy that rocks everyone off balance. He asks TONS of questions (hence "hayato-7") and seems like scum concerned to rock everyone off balance.
SCUM

GRIMGROOVE
Always takes the weirdest wagons. Constantly starting new ones, he convinces with good, orderly reasoning.
NULL

GUYINFREEZER/NOBODY SPECIAL
Somebody, I think Grimgroove, said this guy was a lurker. He kind of pokes around uselessly, reminding me of zipperflesh, kind of. But GIF's playstyle was entirely different in this game, compared to 1339, a scum game. So
NULL
In post 339, WBOCampfire1104 wrote:Heh, all nulls. Here's an order:
thiscantgowrong
Trisiana
Grimgroove
fferylit
Nobody Special
hayatoBL
You're comparing me to hayatoBL here, saying that I'm questioning with good reason. But, you're saying that hayato's asking tons of questions to "rock everyone off balance".

Why do you think asking questions and rocking other players off balance is scummy?

What are you doing to scumhunt?

Idic
Trisania
Trisania
Goon
Trisania
Goon
Goon

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:37 pm

Post by Trisania »

In post 342, fferyllt wrote:2. And WDO
could
be scum who killed him. I feel like you are excluding possibilities in this post. The facts we have in hand don't really support those exclusions - they should still be on the table.
I know. I would have to reread everyone's ISOs for that. I reread TNE's last night, because I can't help but wonder why he's so determined to lynch tcgw on D1. He doesn't explain it much, except summarizing tcgw's walls as "I'm not scum because... So I'm probably town."

I also couldn't get the wagon on him. He was mostly rude, which is quite suspicious, true. But scum being rude on D1 AND about to be lynched? That's town tell for me. As town, he won't have anything to lose except his own life. It is little loss on town's part if a townie dies on D1. But it would put scum as a major disadvantage. So it's quite disappointing why no one has considered his reactions given the circumstances. It was like his lynch was rushed. That's why my focus for now on who the scum are lies on TNE's wagon.

I'll read the other ISO's waaaaay later in the day.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:40 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

In post 303, Nobody Special wrote:I've set some time aside for that today.
And of course, Reality reared its ugly head.

So. I'm reading now, responding to some things.

ffery, I think it's disingenuous for you to ask for blanket prods. Why not just ask for individual prods by name? I place that type of action solidly into the camp of 'scum desperately needing to look town.'

That said, I'm unable to read ffery very well. So, let's just hope she's town.

I'm still going to look askance at Grim, as he just looks scummy to me, but I could be wrong.

WBO is not looking very good to me, either.

Let's make a list:

scum
WBO
thiscantgowrong
hayato
trisania
Grim
ffery
town
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:40 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 345, Trisania wrote:
In post 342, fferyllt wrote:2. And WDO
could
I know. I would have to reread everyone's ISOs for that. I reread TNE's last night, because I can't help but wonder why he's so determined to lynch tcgw on D1. He doesn't explain it much, except summarizing tcgw's walls as "I'm not scum because... So I'm probably town."

I also couldn't get the wagon on him. He was mostly rude, which is quite suspicious, true. But scum being rude on D1 AND about to be lynched? That's town tell for me. As town, he won't have anything to lose except his own life. It is little loss on town's part if a townie dies on D1. But it would put scum as a major disadvantage. So it's quite disappointing why no one has considered his reactions given the circumstances. It was like his lynch was rushed. That's why my focus for now on who the scum are lies on TNE's wagon.

I'll read the other ISO's waaaaay later in the day.
Why do you think scum are more likely to be rude than town?

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:44 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 346, Nobody Special wrote:ffery, I think it's disingenuous for you to ask for blanket prods. Why not just ask for individual prods by name? I place that type of action solidly into the camp of 'scum desperately needing to look town.'
I was lazy and didn't want to check!

So, I did just check and tcgw is the only living player who hasn't checked in within the last couple of days. When I looked at the activity page a couple days ago there were 3 players beyond prod range IIRC.

Idic
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:45 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

So why didn't you ask for prods then?
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”