Shockwave Rider
Townie
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Townie

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:03 am

Post by Shockwave Rider »

Rainbowdash's entrance looks town.

Some people are saying the RM wagon is a policy lynch but I don't really agree. Some of the votes a more policy lynchish than others but some have given real reasons for their votes. I am of the belief that any kind of player can be read, even trolls. I don't think it's a good idea to give RM a free pass just because he's trolling, especially since he isn't likely to be killed or investigated. The only way we're likely to kill him is by lynching, so not considering him would be disastrous if he is scum.
Team 9 wrote:@SR: maybe i'm giving the most pro-town answer because... i'm town? It is true that i am (was) trying a bit harder than usual, though, because i hate slow games. Leading a 3-headed hydra alone during limited access blows.
Most players don't make those little pro-town asides. That's actually kind of my playstyle but I don't think that kind of play is natural for most players. I think it's something scum would be likely to do to gain towncred.

I'm feeling sick so I won't be doing that reread right now maybe later today.
First we had the legs race. Then we had the arms race. Now we're going to have the brain race. And, if we're lucky, the final stage will be the human race.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:29 am

Post by RationalMadman »

OMGUS
VOTE: T S O
Everyone's a fool in some ways, we all can only try.

Team 9
Team 9
Goon
Team 9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:35 am

Post by Team 9 »

In post 200, Shockwave Rider wrote:Most players don't make those little pro-town asides. That's actually kind of my playstyle but I don't think that kind of play is natural for most players. I think it's something scum would be likely to do to gain towncred.
I'm a believer of "Town also need to look town" cult, so hi.

-Cirno
Banakai
Banakai
Goon
Banakai
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:15 am

Post by Banakai »

In post 201, RationalMadman wrote:
OMGUS
VOTE: T S O
And yet you call me out on OMGUSing? but you say yourself that's what your doing.

Lynch RM now pls and thank you. If he is scum it's only dangerous to keep him around. If he isn't, he's distracting us from looking for scum.

LYNCH HIM
TvK
TvK
Goon
TvK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:37 am

Post by TvK »

In post 203, Banakai wrote:If he isn't, he's distracting us from looking for scum.
This is still what refrains me from putting my vote on him. I'm still just ingnoring the fact that he is in this game. Can't we first put some pressure on someone else (Burke seems a good choice, looking at the wagons) and if we absolutely have no idea who to lynch we can still just lynch RM?
BwBurke
BwBurke
Townie
BwBurke
Townie
Townie

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:21 am

Post by BwBurke »

@Mod: Vote Count?
Permanently retired from forum mafia.
(Not that I played much anyway.)
TvK
TvK
Goon
TvK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:57 am

Post by TvK »

In post 205, BwBurke wrote:
@Mod: Vote Count?
Seriously, there has to be someone that finds this scummy... 4 days without posting and then he posts this - once again - zero content message (the last votecount was even made today and is literally 8 posts back). He still has 4 people voting him, but never even thought about saying something about that... Scummy as hell.
beastcharizard
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:15 am

Post by beastcharizard »

Can we vote Banakai?

My theory of teams.

BwBurke and Banakai
TvK and RationalMadman

TvK just indirectly protected RM. BwBurke and Banakai just seem to be a good team.
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:40 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

In post 193, Team 9 wrote:
In post 185, Rainbowdash wrote:T9 would probably be second pick. BC is a very solid third as it all starts falling into more of the bj/tvk/tso grey area of players that make me twitch.
explain TvK plz? he's leaning town for me
Exceedingly unnatural interaction with Bankai who is seems to be paying a disproportional amount of attention to when you compare it with how much content TvK generates in that direction. Wordy way of saying that if Bankai ends up as scum (granted that's not likely) TvK is his partner, even though I still have just a varying degree of scum read on TvK no matter what Bankai is.

We can finish lynching RM now. He basically just made a "im done" post.

BC is actually almost for sure scum now though. That last post was really ugly.
You don't earn
loyalty
in a day. You earn it day by day
beastcharizard
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:09 pm

Post by beastcharizard »

How was it ugly? We both agree think that Banakai and TvK are not town.

If I am scum what do you make of me putting them on opposing teams? WW want to scum hunt for Mafia and vice versa. If I thought they were both scum and I were scum I should be putting them on the same team and trying hard to get them lynched. Do you think I just threw one or two random mislynches into my reads of teams?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:02 pm

Post by RationalMadman »

You aren't a purple dragon and therefore you do not qualify for MLP authorization.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:27 pm

Post by RationalMadman »

is IT gt IF i CLAIMED SCUM AND DIDN'T RETRACT?

Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:26 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

In post 209, beastcharizard wrote:How was it ugly? We both agree think that Banakai and TvK are not town.
Actually if you read my posts I have Bankai as one of my strongest town reads here. Enough to actually defend him hard if that ever becomes necessary.

You also miss the point of why your post was bad.

The mane wagon right now clearly is shifting to RM with a remainder on BwB. Both of who you actually are calling scum. Instead of jumping on one of them, you are really cautiously trying to poke at an entirely different wagon. The dismissiveness towards where the game is actually going and no real intention to try and turn the game around in a direction you like makes me think scum who is unsure of their own ability to read gamestates and doesn't know what to do. I actually would not in the least bit be shocked if you and RM are scum together here. Two of your four strongest scum reads at L-2 and L-3 and then you just wandering around elsewhere 4 days to deadline doesn't feel town.

RM really should be dead more or less now though. Its not like we need to wait around for him to claim.
You don't earn
loyalty
in a day. You earn it day by day
Banakai
Banakai
Goon
Banakai
Goon
Goon

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:22 am

Post by Banakai »

In post 212, Rainbowdash wrote:
In post 209, beastcharizard wrote:How was it ugly? We both agree think that Banakai and TvK are not town.
Actually if you read my posts I have Bankai as one of my strongest town reads here. Enough to actually defend him hard if that ever becomes necessary.

You also miss the point of why your post was bad.

The
mane
wagon right now clearly is shifting to RM with a remainder on BwB. Both of who you actually are calling scum. Instead of jumping on one of them, you are really cautiously trying to poke at an entirely different wagon. The dismissiveness towards where the game is actually going and no real intention to try and turn the game around in a direction you like makes me think scum who is unsure of their own ability to read gamestates and doesn't know what to do. I actually would not in the least bit be shocked if you and RM are scum together here. Two of your four strongest scum reads at L-2 and L-3 and then you just wandering around elsewhere 4 days to deadline doesn't feel town.

RM really should be dead more or less now though. Its not like we need to wait around for him to claim.
lol pony joke

Also, even if we did have to wait for him to claim, he already did. And he claimed scum.
beastcharizard
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:20 am

Post by beastcharizard »

I misread your post think you said that if TvK was scum then Banakai was scum with them.

We have like 4 days until deadline and you are wanting me to hop on one of the bigger wagons? RM can be lynched any day and I have a much stronger scum read on Bana. He used ATE to try and get out of a lynch and then explained the ATE. He came in with a ridiculous first post and didn't even have that good of an explanation. He hasn't been putting himself out there at all. Look at his last post. All he says is that RM claimed scum.

Before I get in trouble. i need to clarify some things. In I said that bana and Burke aren't on the same team. Then later in I said they are probably on the same team. I switched my opinion on this because of they way that TvK was defending RM. I am now think that Burke was bussing Bana.
Shockwave Rider
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Townie

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:26 am

Post by Shockwave Rider »

In post 214, beastcharizard wrote:I am now think that Burke was bussing Bana.
Bussing Day 1 in this setup is terrible play. Wouldn't expect to see it.
First we had the legs race. Then we had the arms race. Now we're going to have the brain race. And, if we're lucky, the final stage will be the human race.
beastcharizard
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:33 am

Post by beastcharizard »

When half the people already think your partner is scum and you can get town points why not? Assuming you are bussing the goon of course.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:44 am

Post by RationalMadman »

ALL HOP ON THIS BW

VOTE: Banakai

BwBurke
BwBurke
Townie
BwBurke
Townie
Townie

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:11 am

Post by BwBurke »

Confirming
Permanently retired from forum mafia.
(Not that I played much anyway.)
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:16 am

Post by T S O »

what
Jordan_Downey
Jordan_Downey
Goon
Jordan_Downey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:59 am

Post by Jordan_Downey »

In post 218, BwBurke wrote:
Confirming
So, between this. The request for a vote count and continued not playing the game. Just trying to slip by because the PL wagon on RM.
erneiz_hyde
erneiz_hyde
Goon
erneiz_hyde
Goon
Goon

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:03 am

Post by erneiz_hyde »

To answer Daniel's question to me.
In post 158, Daniel Bryan wrote:
Holy crap this hyde post is scummy as hell. Comments on post 62 uselessly, its fake contribution. His analysis of the TSO unvote is terrible, because RVS wagons make up a wagon, you must keep them there? First you have to tell us why the wagon is good to begin with. Then. I ask you this, why is a wagon good when it is built up from RVS votes instead of legit votes? And the opportunistic comparison of players without explanation. Horrific. Lastly, his whole "clearing" of RM with the whole "red herring idea"
Simply put, my way of playing is by thinking out loud, rather than to try and convince people. My experience playing this game is still short so I still tend to explore possibilities that the more experienced player know are useless. I still don't really understand how one can know the setup but not the mechanics, but this late into the game I guess it doesn't matter anymore.

The thing with TSO was like this: I thought of a scenario where a scum votes in RVS and stays there, then opportunistically builds a seemingly legit case around it, hence stealth wagoning. I thought it scummy to start scumhunting without removing the RVS, and only do so AFTER being pressured to do it. But I deny my own line of thought by pointing out that at the time half the players were still holding their RVS, so it's most likely just a gut feeling. Thinking out loud.

Also, since I am not a hydra, that FoS was a summary of all my previous posts, please read them for explanations. If you've done so, then ask me if there's anything unclear.

About RM, I wasn't "clearing" him, I was disgruntled. I think it's a pretty natural reaction by the way he plays up till then and now. His actions were too disruptive irrespective of his alignment. If he's town, he and his antics will most likely remain until the end unless we lynch him, while if he's scum then it'll basically be an omgus lynch which will probably leave a bad aftertaste.

Now let me ask you some questions as well.
In post 158, Daniel Bryan wrote:29 Scumpost. "Wait is this serious" captain obvious post. Rational just made my scumlist.
Your quote there is about team9 but then FoS RM instead. Why? If you merely misread/mistyped the poster then Team9 should be in your FoS, but he's in your townlist.
In post 158, Daniel Bryan wrote:Early town reads: Team 9, Jordan
=====================
In post 217, RationalMadman wrote:ALL HOP ON THIS BW
Confirming
I'm...not sure what to make of this. Now they're both omgusing.
I need to do another reread.......
ÕàÂþû¥ÕªéÚó¿´╝îÕàÂÕ¥ÉÕªéµ×ù, õ¥ÁµÄáÕªéþü½´╝îõ©ìÕïòÕªéÕ▒▒.
bubbajack8
bubbajack8
Mafia Scum
bubbajack8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:51 am

Post by bubbajack8 »

Confirming
I can understand the wagon on Bw now.
Show
Come bet on the Copa del Rey!
MY GTKAS

Modded Games:
Open 558: Hope Plus One In Confirmation!
Crack the Code!
Open 536: Scum win.
Jordan_Downey
Jordan_Downey
Goon
Jordan_Downey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:32 pm

Post by Jordan_Downey »

If anyone is at all unsure why BW needs to get lynched today, please look at 218 and think again. If anyone is more convinced that RM needs to die, then tell me why he is a bigger threat. Burke is casually flaunting his scumminess and not addressing anything directed at him and he hasn't been lynched yet. RM will continue to be annoying and in the center of town's attention tomorrow, but Burke is trying to coast in under the radar. It's much more likely that we'll forget him than RM. RM only prevents discussion by being loud if you let him.

-Jingle
Team 9
Team 9
Goon
Team 9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:40 pm

Post by Team 9 »

we agree on PL'ing RM, but we rather wait until closer to deadline since there's no point in ending day early
In post 223, Jordan_Downey wrote:It's much more likely that we'll forget him than RM.
it'd be really stupid if we "forgot" him. there's no way in hell that would ever happen ~

-Mystia

Return to “Completed Open Games”