Micro 267 - Indie Game: The UPick - Game Over!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:03 am

Post by Desperado »

In post 223, Turkish Van wrote:Desperado, you moved to TierShift. What's your current thinking about Hermy?
Still scum, still leaving her alone today.
;)
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:06 am

Post by Desperado »

In post 236, TierShift wrote:This is exactly what he is doing, though. First Hermy, now me. Going for the easy lynch without attacking anyone else really...not liking it.
Why are you an easy lynch?
;)
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:43 am

Post by Grimgroove »

In post 249, TierShift wrote:
In post 241, Grimgroove wrote:@ Trine-Amadeus: How does the game-name relate to the role? Just checked the wiki (looks like an interesting game), but I don't see how it relates to the PR in such an obvious way like you suggested.
I guess you could say Kaitlin is a visitor of the house...and one who really can't do anything about anything that happened, which makes her weak. Or is that too farfetched?
Maybe.
I'd have preferred Trine-Amadeus to answer this question first. Why did you feel the need to jump in here?
"What truffles are to pigs so are these charlatans and pettifoggers to my mental acuity." - Frasier
Trine
Trine
Goon
Trine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:52 am

Post by Trine »

In post 241, Grimgroove wrote: @ Trine-Amadeus: How does the game-name relate to the role? Just checked the wiki (looks like an interesting game), but I don't see how it relates to the PR in such an obvious way like you suggested.
Gone Home is a game where the main character arrives at an empty house and must proceed to explore it. In this sense, you, the player, are just visiting the house, which fits with the Visitor role. The only reason why it has the weak modifier is that Visitor is a useless role by itself, so I can see the mod adding the modifier to actually make it useful.

-Amadeus
Hydra of Amadeus, Zoya, and Pontius.
Turkish Van
Turkish Van
Goon
Turkish Van
Goon
Goon

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:49 pm

Post by Turkish Van »

In post 245, Grimgroove wrote:
In post 223, Turkish Van wrote:I was pointing out my knowledge of scum-Hermy; Mala felt less sure because of not having played with Hermy herself before. I double-checked my memories of Hermy in Narnia because I stopped reading closely after BRO and I died, and it lined up with the SK-Hermy micro game. Self-conscious, nervous. Frankly Mala didn't have much to say indicating that I was wrong, but without personal meta experience to back it up, she's less confident in the vote.

Why didn't Malakittens post in this game yet?
I have?

I'm busy. should and will catch up after my early morning shift. I like being able to get on the same time as Peng to talk about reads and stuff.

~ Mala
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:48 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Vote Count 1.10

TierShift (2) - XScorpion, Desperado
Hermy (2) - Turkish Van, Who
Grimgroove (1) - BROseidon
BROseidon (1) - Hermy

Not Voting (3) - Trine, TierShift, Grimgroove

9 alive, 5 to lynch.

Deadline is on December 14th, 12 p.m. PST.

Countdown:
(expired on 2013-12-14 12:00:00)
CLICK HERE FOR THE ALDUSKKEL APPRECIATION PAGE
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
Trine
Trine
Goon
Trine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:04 pm

Post by Trine »

VOTE: Who

Let's dance.

~ Zoya
Who
Who
Yes?
Who
Yes?
Yes?

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:52 pm

Post by Who »

In post 256, Trine wrote:
VOTE: Who

Let's dance.

~ Zoya
I feel as if I should know who you are from that comment. And I will happily dance with you as soon as you tell me what I am accused of.
Who said that?
Chamber. It's all a conspiracy.
Or is it?
Trine
Trine
Goon
Trine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:34 pm

Post by Trine »

Why are you so quiet this game?

~ Zoya
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:02 am

Post by Grimgroove »

I'll be
V/LA until Sunday evening 8th of December
"What truffles are to pigs so are these charlatans and pettifoggers to my mental acuity." - Frasier
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:36 am

Post by TierShift »

Ok guys I'm just gonna go ahead and be honest: this is my first time replacing into a game and I had thought it would be different. I understimated the difference between reading how someone interacts and actually interacting with that person. I also voted before having caught up with everyones play.

I actually think BRO's reaction to my/gg's accusations was townish (although the claim was not).

So yeah, I'm just gonna take back a few steps and think it through before making a move.
I hate to pull the low newbie argument and I know that some of you don't like this post, but it explains the wishywashyness and imo it's better to be truthful than to keep hanging on to my shit case and play uncomfortably.

As for my biggest scumread atm, it would have to be desp, but don't expect it to stay that way.
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:42 am

Post by TierShift »

In post 251, Desperado wrote:
In post 236, TierShift wrote:This is exactly what he is doing, though. First Hermy, now me. Going for the easy lynch without attacking anyone else really...not liking it.
Why are you an easy lynch?
See my previous post, basically because I've been stupid and playing this game badly so far.
In post 252, Grimgroove wrote:
In post 249, TierShift wrote:
In post 241, Grimgroove wrote:@ Trine-Amadeus: How does the game-name relate to the role? Just checked the wiki (looks like an interesting game), but I don't see how it relates to the PR in such an obvious way like you suggested.
I guess you could say Kaitlin is a visitor of the house...and one who really can't do anything about anything that happened, which makes her weak. Or is that too farfetched?
Maybe.
I'd have preferred Trine-Amadeus to answer this question first. Why did you feel the need to jump in here?
I didn't really see the benefit in a specific person answering that question, I thought you just wanted to know how the role related to the game.
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:02 am

Post by Desperado »

I did see your previous post, but you claimed to be an easy lynch before your woe-is-me-I'm-a-newb shtick. Nothing in your approach to the game before you started getting heat suggested you weren't confident in your ability to play. Looks like someone playing on what's already been discussed re: Hermy to get people off their back.
;)
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:18 am

Post by TierShift »

That is because I
was
confident in my ability to play, but now I see I've been doing stuff wrongly. I still have confidence in my ability to play now and in the future. My post was an explanation of how I played wrongly and how I abruptly will leave my previous views.
This is nothing like Hermy, who is like derp derp this is my view but omg is it correct pls don't vote me I'll do anything town wants me to do. I'm also not implying that pressuring me is wrong.

Why do you feel the need to bring up Hermy?
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:19 am

Post by Desperado »

Because you did it first when you called yourself lynchbait (like Hermy)?
;)
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:20 am

Post by Desperado »

Right here.
;)
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:59 am

Post by TierShift »

Oh, I misinterpreted: thought you meant I was trying to get people not to pressure me for the same reasons gg says hermy shouldn't be pressured.

I think you missed the argument in the part you quoted. I said I didn't like you not attacking any of the better playing players, not that an easy lynch is wrong. Looks like you're trying to twist my argument against you back to me.
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:02 am

Post by Desperado »

Well, your argument is wrong. Unless Bro is lynchbait as well?
;)
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:05 am

Post by Desperado »

Why are you concerned with who I'm attacking and not what I'm attacking for? You haven't addressed any of the reasons I've given for pushing Hermy or yourself, you've just said that it's bad that I'm going after easy lynches.
;)
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:08 am

Post by Desperado »

The only push that you did address was my Bro push, which you later called OMGUS and a deflection after defending me and sheeping me on him in the first place.

What's really weird is you are still calling him your #1 suspect, which means you think we are scum together and our little spat was theater, right? Which doesn't jibe with you defending me earlier.
;)
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:24 am

Post by TierShift »

Nope, BRO isn't lynchbait. I meant that you didn't do enough effort finding/pressuring scum other than that short case on BRO.

Lemme rephrase: most of the game you have been going for the weaker players, supporting other's cases instead of making your own.

Preedit:
Please quote me the reasons you voted me, I would definitely address them.
Also, I am saying that you go after easy lynches, that's my whole point, I'm not talking about the reasons you give here.

P-edit 2:
I think you should reread my whole 'woe-is-me-shtick', as you like to call it.
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:44 am

Post by Desperado »

I've been going after players who did scummy things. Your attempt to retroactively call yourself an easy lynch and then do a hard reset because you know you fucked up is one of them.
;)
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:58 am

Post by TierShift »

The argument is that
you
have been going almost solely after the weaker players (and yes, I do consider myself a weaker player giving the experience of the most players here). Your lack of desire to find scum amongst the other players is what itches me. That is not tantamount to: I'm a weak player, please don't lynch me'. There is nothing wrong with lynching weaker players.

Please don't make me explain this again.
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:32 am

Post by Desperado »

If there is nothing wrong with lynching weaker players then why is this even an issue? I repeated yet again that I am going after people who do scummy things. Your narrative doesn't include Bro so you just call that push "weak" itself when it wasn't.

There is no "lack of desire to find scum amongst the other players" because that isn't how scumhunting works. The other players that aren't Hermy/Bro/Yourself have looked town so far. Why are you so insistent that I go look over there when you haven't identified any of them as scum yourself?
;)
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:57 am

Post by XScorpion »

In post 266, TierShift wrote:I think you missed the argument in the part you quoted.
I said I didn't like you not attacking any of the better playing players
, not that an easy lynch is wrong. Looks like you're trying to twist my argument against you back to me.
This implies you think some of the better players are scum. Who?

I like the Trine vote.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”