Micro 267 - Indie Game: The UPick - Game Over!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Trine
Trine
Goon
Trine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:44 pm

Post by Trine »

Who needs more votes.

~ Zoya
Hydra of Amadeus, Zoya, and Pontius.
Turkish Van
Turkish Van
Goon
Turkish Van
Goon
Goon

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:20 pm

Post by Turkish Van »

So, I'm currently liking Trine and BRO for town. Trine due to the pressure and overall posting seems townish. BRO seems very much like the BRO in Xeno 2.

I don't really like Tier nor Who. Tier is for ~reasons~ and I can not explain at the moment however gut pings like no tomorrow. I found myself nodding along in a post Peng made earlier.

Desperado feels a bit disconnected from the game, but not really sure why.

I think I need to do a fresh new reread of the whole thread when I wake up any of my living brain cells (work is draining me.)
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:22 pm

Post by BROseidon »

Eek still hasn't caught up :/
Trine
Trine
Goon
Trine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:36 pm

Post by Trine »

Eek is in Europe, which makes his posting times a little different, but yes, he hasn't indicated that he's caught up, has reads, etc.

Who's wagon is still an excellent place to put your vote.

Grammatically, should that be Whose wagon?

- Zoya
Trine
Trine
Goon
Trine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:39 pm

Post by Trine »

MORE SHEEP FOR THE SHEEP GODS.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:49 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Vote Count 1.16

TierShift (3) - XScorpion, Desperado, BROseidon
Who (2) - Trine, Turkish Van
My Milked Eek (2) - Who, TierShift

Not Voting (2) - Grimgroove, My Milked Eek

9 alive, 5 to lynch.

Deadline is on December 14th, 12 p.m. PST.

Countdown:
(expired on 2013-12-14 12:00:00)
CLICK HERE FOR THE ALDUSKKEL APPRECIATION PAGE
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:50 pm

Post by BROseidon »

It'd be Who's, methinks.

Tier wagon has more traction and I like it more right now.

Still don't get why everyone else is reading grim as town but w/e. I'll be visiting him tonight unless I say otherwise.
Turkish Van
Turkish Van
Goon
Turkish Van
Goon
Goon

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:30 pm

Post by Turkish Van »

In post 406, BROseidon wrote:It'd be Who's, methinks.

Tier wagon has more traction and I like it more right now.

Still don't get why everyone else is reading grim as town but w/e. I'll be visiting him tonight unless I say otherwise.
I'd go with a Tier lynch. His Hermy vote after all his time pushing Desperado without a vote is bad, and I tend to agree with you that Who and Tier are unlikely partners.

I kind of expect better from Who still and don't want to give up there.

If Tier flipped scum, posts like this:
In post 379, TierShift wrote:Grimgroove, we haven't really interacted so far, can you give out a read on me? Can you also answer xS's earlier question as to why you are not voting?
would make me support your planned action entirely.

Otherwise Grimgroove is leaning town for me based on his skepticism of the Hermy wagon and his tendency not to surface-accept things.

--PA
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:59 pm

Post by My Milked Eek »

I am caught up, both in this game and in work. I'll post tonight (in about 8 hours).
Eek
!
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:07 pm

Post by TierShift »

In post 407, Turkish Van wrote: Otherwise Grimgroove is leaning town for me based on his skepticism of the Hermy wagon and his tendency not to surface-accept things.

--PA
Just wanting to point out that that is just how grimgroove plays, see post below. If Eek flips scum, I'd see him more as scum and if he flips town as town. I don't see how me flipping as whatever would so much affect your GG read.
In post 341, Trine wrote:These are from his wiki. Two scum game ISOs, and the second is the most recent. See what you make of them.

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... er_sort=Go

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... er_sort=Go

As a linguist, you are probably better suited for these analyses than I am.
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:56 pm

Post by Grimgroove »

Catching up through ISO's as we speak.
"What truffles are to pigs so are these charlatans and pettifoggers to my mental acuity." - Frasier
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:46 am

Post by Desperado »

@ Scorp: I'll support Tier and Hermy lynches today

@ TV: I think it's pretty outrageous to suggest I've been disconnected from this game. What did you mean by that?
;)
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:16 am

Post by Grimgroove »

Nuance in reads omitted intentionally.
Trine – Town. The three heads kind of go their own course, yet without too much hydra dissonance and with an air of finding this out and prodding people. They don’t give the feeling they’re tunnelling, which I think is exactly what a scum-hydra would do. Scum-hydras need to agree on a strategy and on a mislynch to pursue, resulting in a tunnel. Town-hydra just need to find scum. If three heads in one slot are town, the slot is town.
Desperado – Town. Remembering his start of the game (where we were both still active), I saw thought progressions and pushes that looked very solid to me, not only because I agreed with most of what he said. His push on BRO as well as his push on TierShift exhale reason, and he responded to Trine’s initial pressure well.
Who – Scum. Fence-sitting in almost every post. Not sticking to his reads, hence there’s no pressure coming from his slot. Him not sticking to his reads points at them being artificial, and his Desperado-read is the clearest example of that. I cans ee him perfectly in a scumteam with Turkish Van by the way. That initial RVS-push screams scum vs scum upon a re-read.
XScorpion – Scum. I liked him in the beginning, I don’t anymore. He doesn’t question the townreads he’s being given enough, particularly the one given by Turkish Van. I didn’t like his thought-process when it came to a possible Hermy-hammer. He backed off of it, but it felt like an extremely opportunistic (post ) push on Hermy. And even though his theory there clearly hints at some concertation between me and Hermy in that scenario, he backs down off of it awfully quick in .
My Milked Eek (replacing Hermy**) – Null. Looking forward to Eek’s catch-up. Hermy didn’t post enough to get any idea, what I’ve seen is like the usual I’ve seen from Hermy. I don’t want that slot lynched today for reasons already expressed, and definitely now that someone else has taken the slot.
TierShift (replacing Sanhora*) – Null. Responded badly to Desperado’s pressure, relying to much on the “I suck at this game”-card. A lynchbait-wannabe. His 180 near the start of his game felt very artificial. And I don’t buy his . I don’t think he meta’d me at all. Why null then? BROseidon and XScorpion are both on his wagon.
Turkish Van (Hydra of Malakittens and penguin_alien) – Scum. For the reasons why the Trine hydra isn’t scum. I haven’t seen this slot do much, apart from giving out way too easy townreads over nothing and tunnelling on Hermy. This tunnel was later dropped in silence among the “confusion” of Hermy having replaced out, making way for two other candidates being Who and Tiershift. There never was a case on Who coming from them, and now that the moment of truth draws nearer they actually stopped mentioning him and are positioning themselves to move to the TierShift-wagon. There’s a small caveat. Malakittens has barely posted, so I’m basing myself on penguin’s meta: penguin isn’t usually the most involved player and a lack of cases is typical. There is the possibility she’s lazy town.
BROseidon – Scum. But his claim has bought him some time. But I take pride in saying right here and now that I don’t buy it. He threw away a town PR in case he’s town and I don’t see why town would do that. I just don’t see the town-motivation behind that claim, even regardless of how silly the claim in itself is. His push on me is terrible, his move to Tiershift and him staying there opportunistic ( and )

I am most confident about my townreads.
I obviously have too many scumreads but that is your fault.

VOTE: Who

I’m liking how most of my scumreads are staying away from that one.
"What truffles are to pigs so are these charlatans and pettifoggers to my mental acuity." - Frasier
Trine
Trine
Goon
Trine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:29 am

Post by Trine »

I agree that the players uninterested in the Who wagon are scummy in their own rights, and particularly like your Turkish Van read.

In case our protective role isn't paying attention:
BRO needs protecting tonight.

We are not willing to compromise on Tier today, not with Turkish Van pushing that lynch while giving halfhearted support to the Who wagon.

~ Zoya
Trine
Trine
Goon
Trine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:31 am

Post by Trine »

Should read: I agree that
some of
the players uninterested in the Who wagon are scummy in their own rights, and particularly like your Turkish Van read.

~ Zoya
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:44 am

Post by BROseidon »

I like how Grim has 4 scumreads and two null read.

TV reads as town to me, although mala's posted relatively little and my history of reading penguin indicates that I won't catch scum-her until day 3-4 if at all.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:46 am

Post by BROseidon »

like seriously this isn't perpetual LyLo.

I get that you need to set up a specific number of mislynches, but you can try being less transparent about it.

If I die tonight you fuckers better lynch GG.
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:49 am

Post by XScorpion »

In post 412, Grimgroove wrote:XScorpion – Scum. I liked him in the beginning, I don’t anymore. He doesn’t question the townreads he’s being given enough, particularly the one given by Turkish Van. I didn’t like his thought-process when it came to a possible Hermy-hammer. He backed off of it, but it felt like an extremely opportunistic (post 213) push on Hermy. And even though his theory there clearly hints at some concertation between me and Hermy in that scenario, he backs down off of it awfully quick in 247.
I find pushing townreads less important than pushing scumreads, which is what I've been doing with tier/who.
So wait; if I kept with the hermy-hammer thought process, I'd be scummy, and because I backed off it, I'm scummy? Thanks for the vote of confidence there.
Also you claim that I was pushing Hermy, but I didn't vote Hermy did I? So what does that mean to you?
I'm willing to join the Who wagon. I don't really have a preference between Tier and Who.
@Bro: What do you think about Who?

VOTE: Who this is
L-1
, no dipshit hammers please.
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:50 am

Post by XScorpion »

In post 414, Trine wrote:Should read: I agree that
some of
the players uninterested in the Who wagon are scummy in their own rights, and particularly like your Turkish Van read.

~ Zoya
Who is 'some of'?
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:50 am

Post by BROseidon »

I have him as weak town.
Turkish Van
Turkish Van
Goon
Turkish Van
Goon
Goon

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:51 am

Post by Turkish Van »

TierShift, your whole, 'GG, we haven't interacted: let's find a way to interact!' pings.

Desperado, so when Trine said you weren't posting much you conceded the point, but when Mala noted that trend continuing three days later with no content in the interim, you're suddenly confused about it?

If I wanted TierShift lynched, I'd be voting him. If you wanted to argue that I'm pushing Who while halfheartedly supporting the TierShift wagon, I'd agree; the reverse is not the case.

--PA

P-edit: Catching up on new posts in a sec.
Turkish Van
Turkish Van
Goon
Turkish Van
Goon
Goon

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:54 am

Post by Turkish Van »

XScorpion, you have no preference between TierShift and Who? Like, flipping a coin level of no preference? If nothing else, what do you think of the people voting each wagon?

--PA
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:54 am

Post by XScorpion »

In post 419, BROseidon wrote:I have him as weak town.
Why?
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:57 am

Post by XScorpion »

In post 421, Turkish Van wrote:XScorpion, you have no preference between TierShift and Who? Like, flipping a coin level of no preference? If nothing else, what do you think of the people voting each wagon?

--PA
Yes, coinflip. I would eagerly join either lynch.
In post 396, XScorpion wrote:Can everyone give a reads list for right now?
Personally:

Scummy- Who, Hermy/Eel, Tier
Null- TV, Des
Town-Bro, GG, Trine
Each has one null, but the Who lynch has two townreads, so that's where my vote is.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:03 am

Post by BROseidon »

In post 422, XScorpion wrote:
In post 419, BROseidon wrote:I have him as weak town.
Why?
Because I read confusion as being more of a town trait than a scum trait from how I play. Who seems more lost than anything else.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”