Survivor: Bahamas (Game Over, Info Reveal)

Snakes
Snakes
I Will Survive
Snakes
I Will Survive
I Will Survive

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:46 pm

Post by Snakes »

Challenge 11: Stories

For this challenge, you will be coming up with a story. This can be about whatever you want, but it needs to take place in the Bahamas and be related in some way to Survivor. Once you are done, PM your story to both mods. Anywhere from 150-1000 words is good. The stories will be judged, and the writer of the story with the most points will win immunity. You have 48 hours to write your story. This can be extended if it is too short.
Last edited by D3f3nd3r on Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:15 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

Psh, I want to be a part of this challenge.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
xofelf
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash

xofelf
Miss Mash

Miss Mash

Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:26 pm

Post by xofelf »

No. You had it once before.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:26 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

Well I want it again.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash

xofelf
Miss Mash

Miss Mash

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:28 pm

Post by xofelf »

I'll include it in a future game juuuuust for you then :3
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:37 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

:D

CuddlyCaucasian
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
Professor of Being a Dog

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:35 pm

Post by CuddlyCaucasian »

I need a week, at least
"CC is very [whatever the equivalent of photogenic as it applies to videos]" - racefan12

"CC is an objectively attractive person." - Crazy

"You look like a happy version of Trent Reznor." - LicketyQuickety

"Do you practice sounding like you're high all the time?" - xofelf
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash

xofelf
Miss Mash

Miss Mash

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:13 pm

Post by xofelf »

Gah, mods, I need you. I have questions. And I need them answered before my ideas go poof.
CuddlyCaucasian
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
Professor of Being a Dog

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:34 pm

Is there a level of appropriateness that we should go by?
"CC is very [whatever the equivalent of photogenic as it applies to videos]" - racefan12

kdowns
kdowns
He
Goddammit
kdowns
He
Goddammit
Goddammit
Pronoun: He

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:41 pm

Post by kdowns »

In post 858, CuddlyCaucasian wrote:Is there a level of appropriateness that we should go by?
Your Milkshakes cannot bring all the boys to the yard. We've been over this a million times, CC.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:27 am

Post by Klick »

Can it be specified who's judging these, and what they're being judged by?
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash

xofelf
Miss Mash

Miss Mash

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:43 am

Post by xofelf »

Yeah, that's a very good question. What ARE they being judged on?
Snakes
Snakes
I Will Survive
Snakes
I Will Survive
I Will Survive

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:17 am

Post by Snakes »

In post 861, xofelf wrote:Yeah, that's a very good question. What ARE they being judged on?
Following the rules, Creativity, Funniness, Making sense
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:55 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

Deadline in 8 hours

Has one submission
CuddlyCaucasian
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
Professor of Being a Dog

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:06 am

Can we have a 24-hour extension? I've had to play piano for 5 church services this weekend, and any other free time has been consumed by The Amazing Rave and Christmas parties

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:19 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

In post 864, CuddlyCaucasian wrote:The Amazing Rave
Best name ever.

Nyalite
Nyalite
Goon
Nyalite
Goon
Goon

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:21 am

Post by Nyalite »

In post 865, animorpherv1 wrote:
In post 864, CuddlyCaucasian wrote:The Amazing Rave
Best name ever.
Animorpherv will be subbing in for me this challenge.

Thanks.
"He might fascinate you. I despise him with every fiber of my being."
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:21 am

Post by Cephrir »

I'm imagining the TAR theme being mashed up with Sandstorm right now >.>
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:03 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

In post 864, CuddlyCaucasian wrote:Can we have a 24-hour extension? I've had to play piano for 5 church services this weekend, and any other free time has been consumed by The Amazing Rave and Christmas parties
Consider it done.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:07 am

Post by Klick »

If any of you wanna play a game of BGO in a few minutes, you can join us here: http://www.boardgame-online.com/join.php?g=fgTY&k=xqQ

We're starting at 3:15!
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:12 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

why are you extending this
I'm not doing iiit
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
Snakes
Snakes
I Will Survive
Snakes
I Will Survive
I Will Survive

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:45 pm

Post by Snakes »

It doesn't have to be a novel. Just a couple paragraphs is fine.
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:46 pm

Post by D3f3nd3r »

Results are in!

The worst story was...
Spoiler:
Klick's! It was plagarized! So it doesn't actually count!

The best story was...
Spoiler:
Ani's! We all know it was a spectator, but hey, who cares?

The other story was...
Spoiler:
Xofelf's! It was the only accepted submission! She wins Immunity!

24 hours for Tribal Council, stories in the next post.
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:48 pm

Post by D3f3nd3r »

Stories:

Spoiler:
animorpherv1 wrote:There once was a game called Survivor: Bahamas. There were 18 players within this game. In alphabtical order, the names are Bankai, chesskid3, Crazy, CuddlyCaucasian, DoctorPepper, FlameAxe, JDGA, kdowns, Klick, Lord Mhork, Mist7676, mykonian, Nyalite, pickemgenius, Xalxe, and xofelf. They played the game as hard as they could, but eventually, only 1 will remain.

Eventually, the game hit the Final 8 - and the Immunity challenge was to create a story. Not a long one, but a story. A lot of people complained about the task for various reasons, and no one really felt like submitting - there was even a plagiarized entry! How shameful of the one who plagiarized.

However, there was a single judge who was willing to save the day - and his name was animorpherv1. He wrote a story about how most everyone was a lazy asshole, because 150 words is hardly that much at all - as you can plainly see. He scolded all of those who did not submit and declared himself the winner. Because truthfully, no one really deserved to win this challenge but himself, who would've loved to make a story for this challenge had he played in the game.

THE END.

Spoiler:
Klick wrote:The scene closes in on two people in a coffee shop with books in their hand. One male sitting on the booth while one female sitting at the tables. The woman walks up to the man. "Oh, I see you're reading Lord of the Rings."
"Yeah it's an amazing book. I have read it 8 times so far."
"Wow, you have time for that?"
"Well let me calculate this... I have no time to look for a woman, I spend most of my time at this booth... Yeah. I have plenty of time to read books that I don't like. I just can't stop reading a book, because I want to know what the ending is like."
"Oh... Calculate?"
"Yeah. I love doing math when I'm not reading. There are so many equations that can be solved. It's actually very entertaining."
"You should keep that to yourself. If you ever want a girlfriend.."
"Oh I don't need a girlfriend. I have Marth."
"Marth? You mean from that one Fire Emblem game?"
"Yes, actually!"
"Isn't that a guy?"
"Well yes, but there's also another Marth that's a female."
"Fair enough."
"You know.. I'd think about not messing with Marth if.. Well.. You know.. You want to mess with some holes...?"
"Excuse me?!"
"You know.. The holes..*cough*.. In the math equation that I've been doing while talking to you."
"Ok. I'm going to go now." The woman begins to walk away when the man yells for her, "Be sure to check out my Youtube channel! It has Nazi zombies! I can make a custom one for you! Make sure to like, comment, and subscribe!"

Spoiler:
xofelf wrote:
Outwit. Outplay. Outlast.

Zophie stepped off the boat that had brought her to the Bahamas. She was filming and interviewing this year's MafiaScum Survivor potential contestants. It had always been her dream to land this job. So many perks to this gig. First off, you get to travel to some sort of exotic location and your room and board are completely paid for. Secondly, the pay was not something anyone with a shred of sanity would turn down. That wasn't the reason she wanted this job so bad. This job made it finally possible for her to finally accomplish her life's mission. The one last thing to check off of her personal bucket list. There was no way she could pass up this opportunity, and nothing in the world was going to be able to stop her.
Zophie sighed. There was more than enough time later to choose which plan to follow. She'd thought it over a thousand times. Exactly what she would say, how she would act. But now she had to do the job she was hired for. She picked her luggage and started for the hotel resort to check in with her employers. She had barely walked more than a foot before she heard someone walk up behind her. She turned around to see Jeff Probst standing there with a grin on his face.
“Oh here, let me take those bags. Is that everything you have? You have no idea how long we've been waiting for you.”
Zophie relinquished her baggage, other than her camera case to Jeff. Hey, if he was offering to carry everything, why shouldn't she let him? Chivalry is not dead.
“Yeah, that's everything. I uh didn't expect to see you here. I thought that since you had just finished hosting Greece they would have asked someone else.”
“And miss out on the best host they have, are you kidding me?” Jeff laughed. “Nah, I asked to run this one. Greece was an adventure alright, but no, Bahamas is going to be something special.”
Zophie smiled at him.
Oh yes Jeff, Bahamas is going to be something special indeed. Just you wait and see.

Jeff carried her stuff into the resort lobby and she checked in. She sent all of her stuff up to her room so she could get straight to work. The sooner she found what she was looking for, the better. It was time to meet the contestants.

After the seventeenth interview, Zophie was frustrated and exhausted. Some of the contestants were really nice, others not so much. A good Survivor cast should have a balance between the two in her opinion. None of this everyone is super nice or really douchey crap. From what she knew of the players' past games, there was a good mix of play styles represented here and no lurkers thank god. She had one final interview and she would be done for the evening and she could enjoy this resort. It was looking like all her planning wasn't going to pay off. She just wasn't finding what she needed. She took a sip of water and collected herself. One last interview. She could do it.
Zophie stepped out of the interview room and into the lobby which was serving as a waiting area for the interviewees.
“Thank you everyone for your patience. I'm afraid there's just one last interview today. If I didn't get to you, it'll be your turn tomorrow.” She consulted her list. “Okay, I'm looking for Snakes?”
She could hear a bunch of the people waiting complaining over having to wait til tomorrow before getting up and leaving.
Then a pleasant male voice said, “Yeah, I'm here. Thanks for seeing me today.”
Zophie looked up from her list. When she saw him, time slowed to a stop. He was so perfect and she knew things would never be the same because she had finally found him. The one. The first contestant she would ever kill.
She tried to keep her composure, but her excitement and nervousness must have shown on her face. Snakes looked concerned.
“You okay?”
“Oh uh yeah. Yeah, sorry. I'm just a huge fan.” she lied, “I mean I've watched all your games. It's a dream come true to finally meet you.”
He smiled at her. “Oh I'm not that great. But thank you. It means a lot to have an admirer. Particularly one I'm going to be spending quite a bit of time with these next few days, or longer if I make it into the game.”
Zophie directed him into the room with a grin on her face.
IF
you get into the game is right. This is your last interview.

She was distracted during the entire interview. Not even caring what questions she was asking or how Snakes answered. All she could keep thinking about was which way to kill him would be the most fun. Strangulation took a lot of time, and she needed more strength then she had. If this had been a wintery place, icicles would have been perfect. Murder weapon melts right after and would confuse law enforcement. Poison was too clichéd and was traceable if the right tests were done. She didn't really care if she was caught, she just wanted it to be perfect. She wanted him to know she had killed him and see the surprise on his face before the life drained from him. One perfect moment of clarity, before that too was taken from him. Zophie didn't think that was too much to ask.
“And that's all the questions I have for you right now. You'll hear if you made it into the game in three days.”
Snakes shook her hand enthusiastically. “Well thank you so very much. Think I could bribe you into choosing me? Maybe dinner?”
She grinned. “Turn down free food? Never.”
“I'll meet you in the resort restaurant at 7.”
“Perfect. I'll be there.”

Zophie dressed with care. One of the best weapons anyone can ever have is their appearance. Most women would have chosen a little black dress or a beachy sundress to fit in with the atmosphere. Oh no, not her. She needed something that could hide a weapon, not just look sexy. Zophie had found the perfect outfit ages ago. This dress was red, low-cut in the front, knee-length, and had long sleeves that could easily hide anything.
She opened her camera case and took everything out and flicked the switch along the side that opened the false bottom. She took out her favorite knife and the sheath that went with it and strapped it to her arm.
She had found a fairly hidden cove a short walk from the resort restaurant. It had a rock ledge that was just above the water even at high tide. Everything was going according to plan.
“Showtime.” Zophie whispered to herself in the mirror.

Dinner was everything she had hoped it would be. Snakes showered her with compliments and the food was delicious. He was so charming she could easily pretend this was a real date and play along.
“Well Snakes, this was wonderful. I'd hate for things to end now. When I was out walking the beach earlier, I found this place that would be perfect to spend the rest of the evening, what do you say?”
“I agree. Lead on, my lady.”
On the walk there, Snakes continued to ask her about her life. He wanted to know about her job, and her interests. He seemed completely invested in learning everything he possibly could about her. When they got to the cove, Snakes stood with his back to the water. It was time.
Zophie smiled at him and leaned up to whisper in his ear, “I’ve been waiting all night to do this.”
She slid the knife out of its sheath and pulled back just enough that he would think she was going to kiss him. She kept her eyes on his face as he smiled at her. She stabbed upwards under his ribs quickly and as hard as she could. Once. Twice. Maybe three times. And oh, his face. It was the most beautiful thing she had seen her life. The wonderfully content smile quickly changed to surprise and pain and horror. All she had dreamed it would be and even more. The utter perfection of this moment she would remember forever.
He tried to take a step backwards, forgetting that he was on the ledge. Instead of more rock, all his foot found was air before he fell into the ocean clutching his torso while she laughed. Now her bucket list was complete.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash

xofelf
Miss Mash

Miss Mash

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:11 pm

Post by xofelf »

Psh, i put all that effort in and no one else did. Ah well, i like my story :3

Return to “Social Game Archive”