The Legend of Zelda: Defense of Hyrule (Night Eight)

ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3000 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:33 pm

Post by ActionDan »

next level play gdi
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3001 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:39 pm

Post by ActionDan »

I entertained the possibility of that but I didn't think BP/1-shot day-vig/2-shot ninja was anything close to encrpytor/GF/rolecop. (that is the former team was much stronger).

I can't beat myself up over this considering how far I got when the super awesome mask power was a 2-shot cop protection (not protection from rolecops even).

And the choices I had to begin with were a trap anyway (choice between GF and BP; <---- always go BP)
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3002 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:40 pm

Post by ActionDan »

well now I'm just sad
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3003 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:46 pm

Post by ActionDan »

I guess I can't be sadder than sage scum who were 100% doomed to lose from the start
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3004 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:47 pm

Post by ActionDan »

actually yes I can because at least their demise was painless in comparison
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3005 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:47 pm

Post by ActionDan »

gdi mhork I trusted your sense of balance.
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3006 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:56 pm

Post by ActionDan »

not to mention that out of 13 people town power was

jailkeeper
macho bodyguard
loved
maskgiver
3x mask activated things
universal mask backup (unsure if he gets a power regardless of activation)

^the above is terribly weak.
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3007 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:57 pm

Post by ActionDan »

maskgiver dies early --> town 100% fucked.

jailkeeper dies early ---> town 90% fucked.
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3008 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:00 pm

Post by ActionDan »

ok I'm done raging I suppose. Even Kasparov couldn't have won there.
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3009 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:04 pm

Post by ActionDan »

actually I'd rather have had that mask make me a strongman. that would have been glorious.
Lord Mhork
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3010 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:12 pm

Post by Lord Mhork »

The Legend of Zelda: Defense of Hyrule
was a 13:3:3:1 setup featuring the following roles:

Town:

Spoiler: Happy Mask Salesman
Happy Mask Salesman
With the forces of evil converging against Hyrule, times sure are bleak. That's why you decided to stand up and do your part to help and spread joy to the townsfolk amidst these troubling times. You are the
Town's Mask Vendor
[Town Mask Vendor]

Abilities:

-[A] Each night you may lend one of your four masks for rent to activate a player's hidden potential for two night phases. You will not be told who rents your mask or what that mask does.
  • Keaton Mask
    Skull Mask
    Spooky Mask
    Bunny Hood
-[P] You have your voice, your head, and your vote!

Win Condition
{Hyrulian Resistance}

You win when all threats to Hyrule have been destroyed and at least one Hyrulian remains.

Spoiler: Princess Zelda
Princess Zelda
As daughter of the King and the Princess of Destiny, it is your sacred duty to protect Hyrule from any and all threats. You have come to ensure that your subjects do not fall to the forces of evil. You are the
Town's Admired Princess
[Loved Townie]

Abilities:

-[P] You are well loved by your subjects and thus require an additional vote to be lynched.

Win Condition
{Hyrulian Resistance}

You win when all threats to Hyrule have been destroyed and at least one Hyrulian remains.

Spoiler: Death Mountain Trail Guard
Death Mountain Trail Guard
With your keen eyes and rigid training, you have ensured that Kakariko Village never need fear a threat from Death Mountain. However now there are new threats all about and it is your duty to protect the citizenry. You are the
Town's Dedicated Gatekeeper
[Vanilla Townie with Hidden Potential]

Abilities:

-[A] You have a hidden potential that hasn't been unlocked

Win Condition
{Hyrulian Resistance}

Spoiler: Skull Kid
Skull Kid
You have spent as long as you can remember in the Lost Woods, though as long as you can remember isn't actually all that long. Normally you are satisfied hiding away from the world, but you sense great evil brewing, the same evil that has been attacking your forest. You must defend your home against the invaders. You are the
Town's Wandering Spirit

Abilities:

Win Condition
{Hyrulian Resistance}

Spoiler: Marathon Man
Marathon Man
Huff. Puff. You are the fastest man in all of Hyrule, even faster than the fastest rabbit. But all the rabbits are gone now, scared away by the forces of darkness. You must avenge them and make Hyrule safe once more! You are the
Town's Speedy Jogger

Abilities:

Win Condition
{Hyrulian Resistance}

Spoiler: Biggoron
Biggoron
The forces of evil have disturbed your slumber and woken up Death Mountain. Now you tired and your eyes burn from ash, and all you really want is to put in your eye drops and go back to sleep. However before you can do so, the monsters must be defeated. You are the
Town's Very, Very, Very Big Goron
[Town Macho Bodyguard]

Abilities:

-[A] Each night you may choose a player to protect. If that player were to be killed, you will be killed instead.

-[P] As you are a Very, Very, Very Big Goron, you are immune to any protective effects that may be placed on you. You cannot be protected from a kill.

Win Condition
{Hyrulian Resistance}

Spoiler: Dampe
Dampe
You are Kakariko Village's best and only gravekeeper, responsible for dozens of graves including many of the Royal Family. Evil is brewing, however, and the dead are becoming restless. The only way to return them to their eternal sleep is to conquer the invading darkness. You are the
Town's Solemn Gravedigger
[Town Jailkeeper]

Abilities:

-[A] Each night you may choose a player to bury for the night. That player will be protected from all non-investigative actions and will be prevented from using any of his or her own actions that night.

Win Condition
{Hyrulian Resistance}

Spoiler: The Great Ingo
The Great Ingo
It is the great tragedy of the century that you, the Great Ingo, are stuck serving a fat, lazy rancher and his spoiled daughter. The invading darkness seemed like the perfect to time to seize control of Lon Lon Ranch, but you quickly realized that dark forces certainly wouldn't treat you any differently. Perhaps once the invaders are gone you will get a reward matching your excellence. You are the
Town's Conniving Ranch-Hand
[Vanilla Townie]

Abilities:

Win Condition
{Hyrulian Resistance}

Spoiler: The Great Mido
The Great Mido
Long have you lead the Kokiri, hidden away from the rest of Hyrule. However the forests are under attack and the Great Deku Tree has called for your aid against the coming darkness. Finally all of Hyrule will know of the Great Mido! You are the
Town's Boss of the Kokiri
[Vanilla Townie]

Abilities:

Win Condition
{Hyrulian Resistance}

Spoiler: King Zora
King Zora
Most think that you're just a fat fish in a robe, but you're actually one of the most intelligent Zoras that have ever lived. The Great Jabu-Jabu beseeched you to look for the source of the recent corruption and darkness. It is your duty to protect the Zoras and defeat the incoming evil. You are the
Town's King of the Zoras
[Vanilla Townie]

Abilities:

Win Condition
{Hyrulian Resistance}

Spoiler: Sakon
Sakon
You're late. You're late. For a very important date. These evil forces are not helping with the situation either. Most think your a very strange man with a shady past, but in reality you're just very busy. The sooner you defeat the invading forces, the sooner you can continue your business. You are the
Town's Suspicious Prancer
[Vanilla Townie]

Abilities:

Win Condition
{Hyrulian Resistance}

You win when all threats to Hyrule have been defeated and at least one Hyrulian remains.

Spoiler: Granny
Granny
For the last 60 or 70 years you have operated a small alchemy shop in the center of Kakariko Village helping with anything from a slight cough to eye drops for a Goron. The coming war against the evil forces will definitely produce many needy people with ailments, so you've packed up your bag and prepared to play your part. You are the
Town's Wise Old Alchemist
[Vanilla Townie]

Abilities:

Win Condition
{Hyrulian Resistance}

Spoiler: Mutoh
Mutoh
You shout and shout day in and day out and still no work gets done. You have a squad of lazy carpenters that never earn their keep building a building in Kakariko Village that seems like it will never get finished. Now these dark forces have come and no one is working at all. The sooner you defeat the invaders, the sooner you can get back on schedule. You are the
Town's Angry Foreman
[Vanilla Townie]

Abilities:

Win Condition
{Hyrulian Resistance}

Ganon's Mafia:

Spoiler: Ganondorf
Ganondorf
You planned on entering the Sacred Realm by tricking the boy Link, but you soon thought of a quicker, more ingenious way of defeating the Hyrulian people. You and two of your closest allies
[Playername] (Twinrova)
and
[Playername] (Bongo Bongo)
have disguised yourselves in order to conquer Hyrule from the inside. You are the Prince of Darkness, King of Evil, Dark Lord, and
Ruler of the Forces of Evil
[Ganon's Mafia Bulletproof Goon]

Abilities:

-[A] Factional Kill: Every odd-numbered night one of your team may submit a factional kill. Your kill flavor is
Smothered by Darkness

-[P] You are constantly surrounded by darkness and thus are immune to any killing actions that would target you
-[P] Factional Communication: You may speak with your allies here in
Your Tower
whenever you may legally do so.

Win Condition
{Ganon's Conquest}

You win when all other factions are dead or nothing can prevent this from happening.

~~~~~~~~

Using your dark magic, you have disguised yourself thusly:

Adult Link
7 years after you opened the Sacred Realm in the Temple of Time, you are once again prepared to do battle with the forces of evil. The invading forces cannot withstand fine swordsmanship as Champion of Princess Zelda. You are the
Town's Hero of Time
[Bulletproof Townie]

Abilities:

-[P] You hold the Hylian Shield and Master Sword, making you a potent foe. As such you are immune to any killing actions that would target you.

Win Condition
{Hyrulian Resistance}

Spoiler: Twinrova
Twinrova
You are the twin witches Koume and Kotake who lead the Gerudo people from the Spirit Temple. You and your allies
[Playername] (Ganondorf)
and
[Playername] (Bongo Bongo)
have successfully infiltrated the Hyrulians and are now moving to strike them down. You are
Ganondorf's Surrogate Mothers, the Sorceress Sisters
[Ganon's Mafia 2-Shot Ninja]

Abilities:

-[A] Twice in the game you are able to use your ancient Gerudo training to avoid detection by Watchers or Trackers when you perform an action at night. You must specify if you are using your training.
-[A] Factional Kill: Every odd-numbered night one of your team may submit a factional kill. If you do so, you may choose between
Burned to a Crisp
and
Entombed in Ice
for your kill flavor.

Ganon's Tower

Win Condition
{Ganon's Conquest}

You win when all other factions are dead or nothing can prevent this from happening.

~~~~~~~~

Using your twin magic and more than a little makeup, you have disguised yourself thusly:

Malon
Life can get so dull on Lon Lon Ranch, and you thought it would be a nice change of pace when something exciting happened. Unfortunately that exciting thing plans to destroy your ranch and you will have none of that! You are the
Town's Pure Milkmaid
[Vanilla Townie]

Abilities:

Win Condition
{Hyrulian Resistance}

You win when all threats to Hyrule have been defeated and at least one Hyrulian remains.

Spoiler: Bongo Bongo
Bongo Bongo
Not much is known about your past. Some say you were the only man who could see the truth. Some say you were a devious traitor. Now you are the Guardian of the Shadow Temple, revived to invade Hyrule with your allies
[Playername] (Ganondorf)
and
[Playername] (Twinrova)
. You are
Ganondorf's Phantom Shadow Beast, the Cursed Drummer
[Ganon’s Forces 1-Shot Day Vigilante]

Abilities:

-[A] Once per game you may post in thread
Beat Down: [Playername]
. If you do so, that player will immediately be killed and the vote count will be reset.
This kill shares your kill flavor with your factional kill.

-[A] Factional Kill: Every odd-numbered night one of your team may submit a factional kill. Your kill flavor is
Beaten in a Smooth Rhythm

Ganon's Tower

Win Condition
{Ganon's Conquest}

You when all other factions are dead or nothing can prevent this from happening.

~~~~~~~~

Using your shadow magic, you have disguised yourself thusly:

Pierre
Life has often been a nonstop party for you, but something is bogging down the groove. Evil forces are harshing your buzz and killing your boogie, and it's really hard to party when your friends are being killed. However when you defeat all the invaders, just think of the after party! You are the
Town's Dancing Scarecrow
[Town 1-Shot Day Vigilante]

Abilities:

-[A] Once per game you may post in thread
Beat Down: [Playername]
. If you do so, that player will immediately be killed and the vote count will be reset.

Win Condition
{Hyrulian Resistance}

Sage Mafia:

Spoiler: Rauru
Rauru
For centuries you have watched over the people of Hyrule as they have lead civil wars and grotesque tyrannies and generally made a mess of the place all in the name of the Sacred Realm. You've had enough and now you with your allies
[Playername] (Saria)
and
[Playername] (Impa)
have infiltrated to Hyrulians to enact your vengeance. You are the
Sage of Light, holder of the Light Medallion
[Sage Mafia Rolecop]

Abilities:

-[A] Each night you may choose a player and recall his or her history. If you do so, you will learn of that player's powers.
-[A] Factional Kill: Every even-numbered night one of you team may submit a factional kill. Your kill flavor is
Exploded in a Burst of Sheer Brightness

-[P] Factional Communication: You may speak with your allies here in the
Chamber of Sages

Win Condition
{Sages' Vengeance}

~~~~~~~~

Using your light magic, you have disguised yourself thusly:

Grog
People are disgusting. Your mother was disgusting. Your father was disgusting. But as disgusting as people are, you aren't cruel. You don't want to see them all die to these evil forces. You would rather help the disgusting people you than risk the disgusting invaders. You are the
Town's Depressed Misanthropist
[Town Rolecop]

Abilities:

-[A] People are disgusting, but you know their secrets. Each night you may choose a player to study. If you do so, you will learn that player's powers.

Win Condition
{Hyrulian Resistance}

Spoiler: Saria
Saria
You were supposed to be the defender of the forest, but what happened when you were forced into slumber? The Hyrulians took advantage of nature, bending it to their wills and conducting massive deforestation. The time has come for action, and you, along with your allies
[Playername] (Rauru)
and
[Playername] (Impa)
have infiltrated Hyrule to enact your vengeance. You are the
Sage of Forest, holder of the Forest Medallion
[Sage Mafia Godmother]

Abilities:

-[A] Factional Kill: Every even-numbered night one of your team may submit a factional kill. You kill flavor is
Lulled into an Eternal Sleep

-[P] As the paragon of youth and innocence, no one will believe you could harm a fly. As such, you will show up as "
Hyrulian Aligned
" on any investigative results.
Chamber of Sages

Win Condition
{Sages' Vengeance}

~~~~~~~~

Using your forest magic, you have disguised yourself thusly:

Young Link
While you may seem young, that hasn't stopped you from defeating giant bugs or ancient dinosaurs or virulent, jellyfish barnacles. Hyrule has once again called for your service to defeat the incoming invaders and banish darkness once and for all. You are the
Town's Young Hero
[Vanilla Townie]

Abilities:

Win Condition
{Hyrulian Resistance}

Spoiler: Impa
Impa
The Kakariko Graveyard was a sacred place where people were laid to rest, but nowadays there is no respect. It has become overgrown and neglected, and you know that once the current gravekeeper dies it will be forgotten. You can’t take such disrespect, so you, along with your allies
[Playername] (Rauru)
and
[Playername] (Saria)
, have infiltrated the Hyrulians to enact your vengeance. You are the
Sage of Shadows, holder of the Shadow Medallion
[Sage Mafia Encryptor]

Abilities:

-[A] Factional Kill: Every even-numbered night one of your team may submit a factional kill. Your kill flavor is
Buried by the Shadows

-[P] You can use your musical magic to relay information to your allies. As such, as long as you are alive you and your allies may communicate in your QuickTopic during the day.
Chamber of Sages

Win Condition
{Sages' Vengeance}

~~~~~~~~

Using your shadow magic, you have disguised yourself thusly:

Guru-Guru
Da-da-da Da-da-da Da Da-da-da-da-da-da. That cursed tune has been stuck in your head ever since it was played by that boy when he wrecked your windmill. However you know that you can put aside this personal vendetta for the sake of Hyrule. After all, the Forces of Darkness won’t hesitate to destroy your windmill and it won’t just be a prank. You are the
Town’s Irritated Phonographer
[Vanilla Townie]

Abilities:

Win Condition
{Hyrulian Resistance}

You when all threats to Hyrule have been defeated and at least one Hyrulian remains.

Serial Killer:

Spoiler: Cursed Man of the House of Skulltula
Cursed Man of the House of Skulltula
In your life you and your sons were Kakariko Village's most greed driven family. All you cared about were the Rupees and you didn't care what you had to do to get them. One day you made a particularly lucrative deal with a dark stranger in exchange for your children, but rather than take them he struck you all down and gave you the grotesque forms you now enjoy. You are driven by a hunger and the hope that if you offer enough souls to the stranger, he will return you to your former self. You are a
Slave of the Spider, Cursed for Your Greed
[Serial Killer with Hidden Potential]

Abilities:

-[A] Factional Kill: Each night you may choose to submit a kill. Your kill flavor is
Devoured by Spiders

-[P] In the pregame you may choose between the
Carapace of the Arachnid
(which will cause all kill actions targeting you to fail) or the
Many Faces of the Spider
(which will cause you to return the result "
Hyrulian Aligned
" on any investigative results)
-[P] You have a hidden potential that hasn't been unlocked

Win Condition
{Revenge of the Skulltula}

You win when you are the last man standing or nothing can prevent this from happening.

~~~~~~~~

The Spider has condescended to disguise you thusly:

Graveyard Boy
You know all about Dampe and all about Kakariko Graveyard, in fact you one day aspire to take over Dampe's job once he passes on. Unfortunately your face is too cute and no one ever takes you seriously. You will show them, though! Surely by defeating the invading darkness you will prove yourself! You are the
Town's Wannabe Gravekeeper
[Vanilla Townie]

Abilities:

Win Condition
{Hyrulian Resistance}

Night Actions:

Night 1:
  • Kagura sends out Bunny Hood
    Blocked

RadiantCowbells does Nothing
    Amethyst Actor Jailkeeps Kagura
    LnGrrrR kills Kagura
    Blocked

JKLM does Nothing
    ActionDan kills Kise
Night 2:
  • Kagura sends out Spooky Mask
    Blocked

RadiantCowbells does Nothing
    Amethyst Actor Jailkeeps Kagura
    JKLM investigates LnGrrrR
    Empking kills Kagura
    Blocked

ActionDan kills Alsark
Night 3:
  • Kagura sends out Spooky Mask
    RadiantCowbells protects Waynegg
    Amethyst Actor does Nothing
    Hiraki kills MollaDoni
    JKLM investigates Hiraki
    ActionDan kills Waynegg
Night 4:
  • Kagura sends out Bunny Hood
    Empking kills ActionDan
    Blocked

ActionDan kills Kagura
Night 5:
  • Seanald tracks Iso
    Nowhere

Hiraki kills Waynegg
    ActionDan kills Waynegg
Night 6:
  • Seanald tracks Amethyst Actor
    Nowhere

Empking kills ActionDan
    Blocked

ActionDan kills Keybladewielder
Night 7:
  • Amethyst Actor Jailkeeps ActionDan
    Iso kills Seanald
    ActionDan kills Amethyst Actor
Night 8:
  • ActionDan kills Iecerint
Show
Seven Deadly Sins. Six thrilling chapters. One epic adventure.
Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords
Chapter One: Burnt Offerings

~
Get to Know a Mhork
~
Lord Mhork
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3011 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:12 pm

Post by Lord Mhork »

I open the floor to any and all questions any of you may have on balance, actions, etc.
Show

~
Get to Know a Mhork
~
Lord Mhork
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3012 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:17 pm

Post by Lord Mhork »

Dead QT

Either scum faction may release their QuickTopics if they wish to do so.
Show

~
Get to Know a Mhork
~
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #3013 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:21 pm

Post by Natirasha »

Yeah this game was way too predicated on Happy Mask Salesman living and playing well.
Natirasha is just a vestige, it's Contessa now.
Lord Mhork
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3014 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:22 pm

Post by Lord Mhork »

How so?
Show

~
Get to Know a Mhork
~
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3015 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:34 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

My one complaint about the game was that there was too much mod intervention. I understand that as a mod you want everything to be understood perfectly, but every time you do so, you risk giving too much away. To be honest, Mhork, most of the issues you tried to clarify didn't need you to intervene in the first place. Most of the times, players are capable enough to take care of such confusion. It's only when a player asks you in thread that you should answer, and only then it should be carefully, so as to preserve the game's integrity. It's hard to not get involved, but doing so, especially in the way you did in this game, risks giving away setup information. It's hard to watch and not be involved and hands on in your own game, but in the end, the game is better for it.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
Lord Mhork
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3016 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:35 pm

Post by Lord Mhork »

Yeah I understand. I felt like it got better in the second half.
Show

~
Get to Know a Mhork
~
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #3017 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:38 pm

Post by Natirasha »

It didn't hurt too much here, but if the HMS had died earlier on, then the town loses the majority of its power and is left with a Jailkeeper and a macho bodyguard(loved townie is like a conditional IC so kinda meh). Even given the investigative power, the scum factions have quite a few ways to avoid it between the Godfather/rolecop/ninja/dayvig.

I like the fact all the investigative is in the masks, that's nifty.

I like the fact the sketchier claims had the power roles.

Odd/even kills need to be balanced towards the even kill team being more powerful, since they will usually get less kills over time and have a general tempo loss.
Natirasha is just a vestige, it's Contessa now.
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3018 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:41 pm

Post by ActionDan »

In post 3017, Natirasha wrote:Odd/even kills need to be balanced towards the even kill team being more powerful, since they will usually get less kills over time and have a general tempo loss.
while true I still think teams were severly imbalanced.

My reads were pretty good at one point and then the Hiraki Iso thing fucked em up good.
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3019 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:41 pm

Post by ActionDan »

In post 3017, Natirasha wrote:Odd/even kills need to be balanced towards the even kill team being more powerful, since they will usually get less kills over time and have a general tempo loss.
while true I still think teams were severly imbalanced.

My reads were pretty good at one point and then the Hiraki Iso thing fucked em up good.
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3020 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:42 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

Yeah, I had a head start in understanding that for my first modded game on-site. It took 3-4 modded games (all off site) for me to understand the benefits of staying hands off. In fact, my first one was a disaster in the post game, precisely because I hadn't yet realized that I should only focus on the mechanics of the game and not on anything else. I actually ticked off a few players by revealing my thoughts on the game.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3021 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:43 pm

Post by ActionDan »

I probably sent Mhork like 20 Pms to keep myself sane...

here's one:
Keybladewielder - crumbed some PR power
Waynegg - mask related PR thing. maybe backup unlocker. maybe just trying to fake crumb every role he ever knows as VT
Hiraki - Mason with Empking or scum
Leviathan93 - .... I don't even. maybe not actually town
Empking* - Mason with Hiraki or scum
JKLM - Sage scum rolecop
BBmolla MollaDoni - town hidden potential power!
Seanald* - town hidden potential power!
BulbaZak - if scum, sage scum. but probably town
Albert B. Rampage* Iso - Had a pink fairy on him probably. otherwise known as, adult link! - town or 1-shot BP ganon scum - either way not a threat
The Acting Method Amethyst Actor - probable PR, maybe doctor/tracker
RadiantCowbells - Ganon army scum, scum slipped in thread by even mentioning ganon's army
Kagura - unlocker-san
ActionDan - me!
Iecerint - town probable PR doctor
Lord Mhork
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3022 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:44 pm

Post by Lord Mhork »

That's why I have the mass activation if he dies. That way town has a safety net.

And yeah. In theory the teams were fairly balanced. If I could do it again, I'd give the Sages odd though definitely.

PEDIT:
Can you explain how they were unbalanced, ActionDan. That's extremely harsh criticism.
Show

~
Get to Know a Mhork
~
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3023 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:56 pm

Post by ActionDan »

well. considering I was basically had all the power of a BP goon SK ignoring the 2-shot power up that was basically a detriment because I had to fakeclaim some godforsaken role like commuter... I had the same power as 1/3 of the ganon scum team. that's just for a thought experiment.

If we compare the teams directly we can see that all the sage members are vulnerable to NKs of which there will be 1-2 against them. the strongest role they have is a rolecop... which with sage's 1-kill / per 2 nights isn't going to be used to help inform the NKs since the limiting factor is the lack of them. It does help for fomenting fakeclaims / informing day play BUT in comparison to the ganon scum day-vig I'd say the day-vig is in a game with 7 scum, going to assumed to be town because it's COMFIRMABLE (big super ++) so no need to worry about fakeclaims! + it drastically increases the amount of planning and options available to the scum team that possesses it. Want to kill a PR that keeps jailing you in the night? BAM. how about a townie that suspects you? BAM. how about exposing that SK that you just can't kill? BAM
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3024 (ISO) » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:59 pm

Post by ActionDan »

N1 thoughts as another sample before my mind was corrupted and back when I thought there was just me + one 4-man scum team:
Hmm. With the more introspection and considering other people to be possessing hidden potentials, It seems I was wrong before about Waynegg. He is in fact the happy salesman, and he unlocks people by giving them the right mask. So far hidden potential holders are Seanald and BBmolla... Since they've claimed as much. Kagura and Bulbazak may very well have some of the self-same potentials. I believe Bulb's character is the Running Man. He needs the bunny hood (I think) but he gave indications that he didn't have hidden potential so I'm a little confused. Kagura also clamored for the bunny hood so if Bulb doesn't need it, I'd say Kagura does. (They also thought Wayegg was town for a reason but maybe they thought he was simply navi). Molla wanted Keaton. That might make him my fakeclaim character's father, the death mountain guard (which means he's probably a BodyGuard/protective role. Might unlock elite bodyguard. Good for me if so, I can't die to that). Seanald is probably Skull Kid by POE and maybe he unlocks vig or some other offensive ability.

One of those guys above is probably scum. I don't think It's bulba. He used the running man Fake claim too aggressively if so (also probably unlocks commuter if he isn't already one). Don't think it's Molla since he was first to mention hidden potential. Leaves Kagura/Seanald. Oddly I think it's Kagura. I'll know if he dies by scum today or tomorrow. Today I'll wait for a Kagura/Molla death, and leave Wayegg alive in case he unlocks molla. He'll probably unlock me N2. Maybe I kill him then :3. Today I get a kill of my choice until I'm forced to kill Wayegg (or molla/Kagura if one survives today) Leave ISO alive for scum to kill. Leave scum Iecerint alive for later. I'll be pushing Seanald as soon as town decides it wants info about power roles, but not before. I really hope the spooky mask unlocks me (because it would unlock my fakeclaim so... hmmm).

I need to kill another obv-town. My suspects for tomorrow will be TAOS, Porkens, and Empking (and I think 2 are scum). A pity the others that are more nullish suspect me a bit... I can just tell AA/Levi are gonna get me tomorrow. And Hiraki should he decide to fuck me over cuz I suspect Empking will be a pain in the ass to deal with.

Obv-town or considered to be really:

Waynegg (leave him alive for laters, I want my powerz)
Alsark (I really want to kill him. If I had an extra shot, I would. he's on to me kinda, he's obvtown, and probably is a weak power role to boot. But I just can't yet)
MollaDoni (scumkill material / doc protect material / don't want to double shoot)
Iso (scum kill / doc protect / don't want to double shoot / thinks I'm town)
Kagura (If he's town I'd love to see him die but / doc protect material / won't cop me if cop etc.)
Kise (PR or scum I think / not doc protect material / hasn't said a word about me / obv-town to people for some reason, though not to me at all)
ActionDan (I'm not a true universal town read... but I'm up there.. I'm in a good spot for now)
Iecerint (I keep convincing myself he's scum. so he is probably. I want him to live regardless as long as he has me as town)

Other people considered not as town:

LnGrrrR (god he's so town. w/e best not to stir that pot)
Hiraki (could easily be scum, but I wish not to mess with him, possible mislynch)
Leviathan93 (also town, would rather see him die, he might wisen up and want to kill me T_T)
Empking (I actually think this one is scum. distancing from the town lynch, not pushing other people, etc.)
JKLM (town as balls. I'll be his buddy and never try to hurt him for a good while)
Seanald* (leaning town but you never know, eventually I'll make a push on him)
Bulbazak (probably town, but not sure how to handle him. as long as he wants to lynch other scum I'm fine with him living)
Amethyst Actor (town, but nobody can see it or else they are overthinking it. Kagura scum is trying to retcon his town read on this. Annoyed AA doesn't have a town read on me. Possible mislynch someday? maybe.)
RadiantCowbells (lol this. maybe benign PR, probably won't touch me. I'll leave this one to it's fate. lynchbait?)

people that everyone thinks are scum:

theaceofspades (looks town to me, but easy to spin the other way. Will be one of my other suspects. lynchbait?!)
Porkens (probably scum... though maybe not? I have doubts. But Whatever. I'll push this one to the ground if I can. lynchbait!)

So my all-star scum team is Porkens/Iec/Kagura/Empking... and if one is wrong, swap out Hiraki.

With that I'll kill the guy who's town or if scum could easily bs his way into being town and lynching me.
AKA.

KILL: KISE

also fuck yes if he's the cop and randomly cops me

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”