Micro 269: See Nine Minus Minus (Game Over!)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:03 am

Post by Does Bo Know »

Votecount 1.13

[L-2] Obscurity - BBmolla, The Silver Bard, CherryDrPepper
[L-3] FuDuzn - Bulbazak, TierShift
[L-4] Bulbazak - FuDuzn
[L-4] BBmolla - Titus
[L-4] The Silver Bard - Obscurity

Not voting: Stuffed Crust

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch!

Deadline is Friday, December 27 at 4:00 PM CST ((expired on 2013-12-27 16:00:00)).

---

Stuffed Crust is V/LA until the end of January 25th.
Town: 11-12; Scum: 10-4; Third-party 1-0
Stuffed Crust
Stuffed Crust
Goon
Stuffed Crust
Goon
Goon

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:15 am

Post by Stuffed Crust »

bulba wrote: Being in the game and interacting with people. You just recently did this.
I am still struggling to follow your logic here, but I'm past caring because I'm still thinking you're scum.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:59 am

Post by Titus »

Tiershift, I am more easily understood as scum than town because I already know who is scum.

Bulba, No. I don't understand. What is your case on Fu? I have a townread on him.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:45 am

Post by The Silver Bard »

OK, I have caught up.

Some thoughts about how I think this game is developing:

Bulbazak who was one of my initial townreads is looking worse to me. I got some mixed signals here. While I do like many of his earlier posts, I am not feeling good about his tunnel on SC. There are also some minor inconsistencies that I don’t like. Like his change from not wanting to vote his scumread FU in to voting him in . I am moving him to my null pile for now.

BBmolla was also someone I initially had a townread on. This was because of his activity, I usually find activity to be something that I think is a townie thing to do, as it provides a lot of information to the thread. It is also easier to mess up as scum if you post a lot. I have seen scumplayers being very active before though, and if you are a good player you can pull it off. And even if I can’t find anything specific I don’t like about BBmolla’s post, I can’t find anything (else than activity) that makes me feel he is town. So I will move him back to the null-pile as well.

Stuffed Crust I like better than before. He is my number one townread.

I also like CherryDrPepper more and more lately.

Titus I am having a hard time reading.

And even if I like some of TierShift’s answer lately better I think there is a good chance that we will find scum in FuDuzn, TierShift and Obscurity. Lynching in to these will also provides good information on day 2. For instance a FuDuzn scumflip will make Bulbazak look good. Some say an Obscurity lynch won’t provide info, this is wrong, if Obscurity is indeed scum it will give a lot of info regarding the ones who is pushing for a vig kill on Obscurity, in a game were we it is more likely that we don’t got a vig than it is that we do have one.

I think we should focus on these 3 first, and then move onto Titus, BB and Bulbazak depending on what happends with these 3.
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:48 am

In post 321, Obscurity wrote:My usual theory is that the scum are among the most- and least-posting players. Since I know that I'm solidly town, that leaves Silver Bard as the least-poster and BBmolla as the most-poster.

VOTE: Silver Bard
LOL, mr activity himself calls me scum. Pot calling the kettle black. Considering how long I have been in the game and how long you have been, and how much information I have been willing to share compared to you I would be seriously embarrassed to post this. If you think low activity is something that a scumplayer would do, and you are town, then you should get your act together and start proving us that you are town.
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:09 am

Post by TierShift »

In post 328, The Silver Bard wrote:Some say an Obscurity lynch won’t provide info, this is wrong, if Obscurity is indeed scum it will give a lot of info regarding the ones who is pushing for a vig kill on Obscurity, in a game were we it is more likely that we don’t got a vig than it is that we do have one.
What you need to remember, though, is that information from a successful lynch is good and all, but that you also really need info from a mislynch, even more so. If we mislynch obscurity we won't be able to make a step forward tomorrow.

Other than that I like your post and I feel the same about 5 or 6/8 reads.

Am I the only one who is annoyed by the lack of creativity in finding unique expressions? (Hi mr pot, meet kettle/pot calling kettle black)
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:51 am

In post 330, TierShift wrote:
In post 328, The Silver Bard wrote:Some say an Obscurity lynch won’t provide info, this is wrong, if Obscurity is indeed scum it will give a lot of info regarding the ones who is pushing for a vig kill on Obscurity, in a game were we it is more likely that we don’t got a vig than it is that we do have one.
What you need to remember, though, is that information from a successful lynch is good and all, but that you also really need info from a mislynch, even more so. If we mislynch obscurity we won't be able to make a step forward tomorrow.

Am I the only one who is annoyed by the lack of creativity in finding unique expressions? (Hi mr pot, meet kettle/pot calling kettle black)
Well, a Obscurity lynch resulting in a townflip would also be something that can be analysed. Even though it would be easier for scum to blend in and go after such a target some of the talk regarding the vig option, the vote switching and in general peoples reasoning is something that I would look into.

Which reads do you disagree with?

I use these kinds of expressions to make myself understood, as english isn't my first language. Any kind of attempt at trying to "invent" my own expression, would probably only lead to the rest of you misunderstanding me.
Stuffed Crust
Stuffed Crust
Goon
Stuffed Crust
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:55 am

Post by Stuffed Crust »

@Silverbard
: Can you elaborate a bit on why you are town-reading the names you have provided? You are pretty thorough in your scum reads, but your town reads feel a bit understated. I'd like to know what reasons you have for town-reading those slots.

Also, I get bad vibes from Bulba's tunnel on me, but that's for some pretty obvious reasons, :D

I don't know how Mac feels, but I don't want to lynch outside of our scum pool.

-V
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:20 am

Post by Titus »

Silver Bard - Sometimes I feel like the group doesn't understand English. :( I find it helpful if I cannot read a player to do something totally nuts (but honest) as it helps me gather information on a player. For instance, in the original game, I was doggedly insistent that either Saki or Varsoon was scum and didn't let it go despite Varsoon doing an epic mindfuck on me. It resulted in a flawless victory (but for my getting vigged).

As for the Obscurity lynch gaining information, I don't see it.

TS- Why reinvent the wheel when the old as mud expression will accomplish the objective?

V- Bulba's probably paranoid because of the last game. Who is your scum pool?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:40 am

Post by TierShift »

In post 331, The Silver Bard wrote:

Well, a Obscurity lynch resulting in a townflip would also be something that can be analysed. Even though it would be easier for scum to blend in and go after such a target some of the talk regarding the vig option, the vote switching and in general peoples reasoning is something that I would look into.

I use these kinds of expressions to make myself understood, as english isn't my first language. Any kind of attempt at trying to "invent" my own expression, would probably only lead to the rest of you misunderstanding me.
What would you get from an obscurity townflip at the moment? I get absolutely nothing.

I have all reads the same except for mine (obviously), bulba's (for I think he is a tad more scummy than you depict him and I never had a townread on him anyway) and I'm not sure about Fu (not even in my own mind....)
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:46 am

In post 332, Stuffed Crust wrote:
@Silverbard
: Can you elaborate a bit on why you are town-reading the names you have provided? You are pretty thorough in your scum reads, but your town reads feel a bit understated. I'd like to know what reasons you have for town-reading those slots.

Also, I get bad vibes from Bulba's tunnel on me, but that's for some pretty obvious reasons, :D

I don't know how Mac feels, but I don't want to lynch outside of our scum pool.

-V
Well you SC are my main townread, and why I think this is:
1. The general feel to your posts. They seem to come from a townperspective.
2. I like the way you put pressure on TierShift around post #121.
3. I think your answers to questions are good. I feel like they are genuine and informative.
4. You keep asking questions and are keeping people active.

So all in all I think your play is very pro-town.

CherryDrPepper I am also sort of reading town. You can say I am leaning town. The reasons:
1. I agree with a lot of the points that are being made in CDP’s posts.
2. I like her #223 response to Bulbazak. I didn’t like the tunneling on SC, and the non-commital read on Fu.

I don’t like the “hydro dissonance”-thingy though. Whenever I see them disagreeing so obviously in thread it makes me suspicious, and leads me to thinking this is “made-up” to give the impression of them being town, since a scum-hydra would carefully discuss everything in advance. Maybe this is just me being paranoid, but I don’t like the vibes from this.
But in general I like CDP’s play and I agree with a lot of CDP’s play.
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:56 am

In post 334, TierShift wrote:
In post 331, The Silver Bard wrote:

What would you get from an obscurity townflip at the moment? I get absolutely nothing.

I have all reads the same except for mine (obviously), bulba's (for I think he is a tad more scummy than you depict him and I never had a townread on him anyway) and I'm not sure about Fu (not even in my own mind....)
I am not sure to be honest. But I would probably be mistrusting the ones advocating a lynch over a vig in this case, and probably give some towncredit to the ones who think that vigging him is a better option. Mainly because scum knows Obs alignment and getting us to waste a lynch on him, if he is town would be beneficial to them, in comparison to waiting and hoping for a possible vigkill. If he is scum on the other hand it would benefit scum to advocate waiting for the vig and hoping that a vig isn’t in this game, or choses to not shoot Obs. I know this is sort of WIFOMy, but this is what I would consider after a Obs flip.

My main reason for wanting Obs lynched though isn’t the information gained from it, but simply that I think he is scum.

So TLDR:
Lynch OBS and he flips town -> more suspicion towards those who were for lynching him.
Lynch OBS and he flips scum -> more suspicion towards those who were for gambling on a vigkill.
Obscurity
Obscurity
Goon
Obscurity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:30 am

Post by Obscurity »

I know that most everyone here played some former game that was similar, but I truly can't be troubled to go read a game that has literally nothing to do with this one. If you want to lynch me for the info, go for it. I'm town, and you can go from there, and then I won't have to listen to all this crap about the other game.
Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever.
~~ Napoleon Bonaparte
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:36 am

Post by TierShift »

I haven't read the other game and I'm participating so cut the crap and get your ass in here.
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:43 am

Yeah, no one cares about some other game. It is your play in this games that is concerning me.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:47 am

Post by BBmolla »

In post 328, The Silver Bard wrote:BBmolla was also someone I initially had a townread on. This was because of his activity, I usually find activity to be something that I think is a townie thing to do, as it provides a lot of information to the thread. It is also easier to mess up as scum if you post a lot. I have seen scumplayers being very active before though, and if you are a good player you can pull it off. And even if I can’t find anything specific I don’t like about BBmolla’s post, I can’t find anything (else than activity) that makes me feel he is town. So I will move him back to the null-pile as well.
Admittedly I'm not doing shit atm

1. Titus - Prob town
2. Stuffed Crust (hydra of Varsoon and Mac) - Prob town
3. Bulbazak - ?
4. CherryDrPepper (hydra of Sakura Hana and DoctorPepper) - Prob town
5. The Silver Bard Venrob - Prob town
6. TierShift - Prob town
7. BBmolla - Town
8. FuDuzn** - ?
9. Obscurity* - ?

If Obscu is seriously newbtown than it's Fu/Bulba gg
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:50 am

Post by BBmolla »

I still don't want to rely on a vig to shoot Obscurity. I'd rather just lynch him now.
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:51 am

Post by BBmolla »

Could no lynch and pray for a vig kill, otherwise letting him get vigged tonight if he's town and we lynch town puts us in a shitty mylo where we'll just have to nl

I'd rather vig be used when needed, like when we mislynch in LYLO.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:52 am

Post by BBmolla »

Wait we lose anyway if that happens huh?

nvm
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:52 am

Post by BBmolla »

Still unless we know a vig exists it's silly to wait for him to get vigged.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:53 am

Post by BBmolla »

Mainly I'm worried you fucks will let him live till LYLO and he'll mishammer

Have you seen his god damned votes today
Stuffed Crust
Stuffed Crust
Goon
Stuffed Crust
Goon
Goon

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:53 am

Post by Stuffed Crust »

Vote: Obscurity
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:56 am

Post by BBmolla »

Obscurity isn't an information lynch, we are lynching someone who will
lose us the game if they are alive in lylo

If we lynch town today, with less information than we'd have tomorrow might I add, then we HAVE to lynch him tomorrow meaning lynching town today puts us directly into LYLO.

All vig does is lose us tomorrow's lynch and waste their shot.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:56 am

Post by BBmolla »

It's probably Fu/Bulba, but we have a lynch tomorrow to figure that shit out PLUS the odds are we have some sort of power to help us out.
Stuffed Crust
Stuffed Crust
Goon
Stuffed Crust
Goon
Goon

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:57 am

Post by Stuffed Crust »

I think we're getting a scum lynch regardless, because his most recent post hasn't filled me with the feeling that this is a mislynch.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”