Newbie 1459: The Price is... Wrong? (Game over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:21 pm

Post by Cabd »

Vote Count 1-3

With 9 players alive it takes 5 votes to lynch or nolynch.

scotpgot (0)
Hardy (0)
Lowercase (0)
krishnaman (1): Nachomamma8 (L-4)

TeedyKay (0)
drmyshotgun (1): TeedyKay (L-4)

agi102 (0)
phokdapolees (1): Lowercase (L-4)

Nachomamma8 (1): scotpgot (L-4)

Players Not Voting (5): Hardy, krishnaman, drmyshotgun, agi102, phokdapolees

Deadline is Two Weeks. This is in (expired on 2013-12-30 23:00:05)

Agi102 and drmyshotgun have been prodded. They will be replaced in 24 hours should they not respond.
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
krishnaman
krishnaman
Townie
krishnaman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:38 pm

Post by krishnaman »

Why are u votinf me?

I'll vote Nachommms8
scotpgot
scotpgot
Townie
scotpgot
Townie
Townie

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:56 am

Post by scotpgot »

In post 18, Nachomamma8 wrote: I would actually prefer if scot answered that last question first.
If you wouldn't mind clarifying
which
question, I would be more than happy to.
Lowercase
Lowercase
Goon
Lowercase
Goon
Goon

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:59 am

Post by Lowercase »

I think he wants you to explain why we should wait until everyone posts to start asking questions.

It looks to me like krishnaman is a little too upset about nacho's vote, particularly because it was entirely impersonal and meaningless. Aside from that, I'm getting mostly good vibes from the posters so far.

I would like if krishnaman could tell us more about what he thinks of the game so far. I just don't see where his post is coming from.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:06 am

Post by Cabd »

In post 26, krishnaman wrote:Why are u votinf me?

I'll vote Nachommms8
As per the rules, any votes need to be made using the bold tag or the vote tag. This vote will NOT be counted.
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
Hardy
Hardy
Townie
Hardy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:18 am

Post by Hardy »

I'm the only one having problems with the site?
In post 17, Nachomamma8 wrote:And so what if only townies are posting so far? If I can talk to you both and get townreads on both of you, I am able to form two early townreads, which is still progress.
Thing is, you'll obviously never get 100 % townreads out of anyone, and it's better to have more people to interact with if we want to find anyone. It's quite simple.

I feel like, so far, you've been asking questions ¨just cause¨, trying to act supportive towards the town, as not many of them are relevant (like asking everyone ¨what do you think of my OP?¨ or this one)
In post 24, Nachomamma8 wrote:There are differences in people's play as scum and as town with every post they make. Here, do you think I'm an aggressive town or an aggressive scum? Which option seems more likely to you? What do you think of scot's vote on me?
Like, seriously, the game isn't all about you, and you're already defensive in the first page lol

I'll vote Nachommms8
He already explained it buddy, there's no point in just voting for him. Give us a hand, talk about yourself and tell us what you think so far.
phokdapolees
phokdapolees
Mafia Scum
phokdapolees
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:21 pm

Post by phokdapolees »

Hi Nacho and Teedy! I like Nacho's idea, looks like a good way to get some solid content out of people (especially when the suspicion's coming out of the IC). Also liking Lowercase and Hardy.
In post 16, scotpgot wrote:Second, coming on way too strong for my tastes. Having a plan that specific right out of the gate SCREAMS scum to me. Might want to wait and see what the other personalities are like before barraging everyone with questions...
What's wrong with having/proposing a plan? Proposing different ideas to try to generate some content, even when they don't necessarily work the way they should, are a great way to create content just by themselves (just like this one is now), effectively taking us out of RVS and getting the game going, which is the opposite of what the scum wants.

I'll vote Nachommms8
He fully explained it in his post. VOTE: krish
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:03 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

I'll vote Nachommms8
Explained it in my post. It also seems like the only reason you are voting me is because i voted you and you don't understand why. Is that correct?
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:09 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 30, Hardy wrote:I'm the only one having problems with the site?
In post 17, Nachomamma8 wrote:And so what if only townies are posting so far? If I can talk to you both and get townreads on both of you, I am able to form two early townreads, which is still progress.
Thing is, you'll obviously never get 100 % townreads out of anyone, and it's better to have more people to interact with if we want to find anyone. It's quite simple.

I feel like, so far, you've been asking questions ¨just cause¨, trying to act supportive towards the town, as not many of them are relevant (like asking everyone ¨what do you think of my OP?¨ or this one)
In post 24, Nachomamma8 wrote:There are differences in people's play as scum and as town with every post they make. Here, do you think I'm an aggressive town or an aggressive scum? Which option seems more likely to you? What do you think of scot's vote on me?
Like, seriously, the game isn't all about you, and you're already defensive in the first page lol

I'll vote Nachommms8
He already explained it buddy, there's no point in just voting for him. Give us a hand, talk about yourself and tell us what you think so far.
You aren't the only one having trouble with this site; we've have some weird downtime lately.

I will never find a 100% townread. What I will find are solid townreads, maybe townreads of 80% or more. Those townreads are pretty amazingly useful, and they can be developed regardless of whether there are scum to interact with or not. I haven't asked a single question just cause. I've been asking everyone about my OP because I find it useful to analyze how people are interacting with me, and I find it important to give everyone to talk about something game relevant early. I asked you the latest question because I don't understand why you're saying that we need to wait for everyone to show up when that's not really necessary and will only really stall the game unnecessarily.

The game isn't about me, but I'm not a bad subject to talk about. Challenging a persons case on you isn't being defensive.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Hardy
Hardy
Townie
Hardy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:50 pm

Post by Hardy »

How do you find an ¨80 % town read¨ with questions like ¨what do you think of me?¨

Well, that's where I'm going. I don't really mind how people interact with me, I'm more aware of how everyone interacts with each other. If I did something like that, it'd be only to check my mistakes / improve my play in the next day. I find that (and explaining your ¨procedures¨ in your first post) very defensive and self centered.

Oh, I didn't mean wait for
everyone
, but wait for some other people. We were just 3 back then and you were already shooting at each other.
krishnaman
krishnaman
Townie
krishnaman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:58 pm

Post by krishnaman »

I am sorry!! i didn t realize he did it random!

I thought since he accused me, he was less likely to be town :8
krishnaman
krishnaman
Townie
krishnaman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:59 pm

Post by krishnaman »

I take back my vote then, whenever i play at home we always accuse each other when they accused us
Hardy
Hardy
Townie
Hardy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:07 pm

Post by Hardy »

Your vote wasn't counted anyway as you didn't vote properly (host's words).

Please, read the thread entirely and tell me what you think so far.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:30 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 34, Hardy wrote:How do you find an ¨80 % town read¨ with questions like ¨what do you think of me?¨

Well, that's where I'm going. I don't really mind how people interact with me, I'm more aware of how everyone interacts with each other. If I did something like that, it'd be only to check my mistakes / improve my play in the next day. I find that (and explaining your ¨procedures¨ in your first post) very defensive and self centered.

Oh, I didn't mean wait for
everyone
, but wait for some other people. We were just 3 back then and you were already shooting at each other.
The questions change as the interaction advances, but "what do you think of me?" is a perfectly fine way to start out things. For example, I already have a pretty good townread on you that I'm likely to explain pretty soon, all from those questions.

The way people interact with you is an important part of the game; you'll want to interact with your townreads in order to form reads with them, and you'll want to pressure your scumreads and see how they respond to you in order to better form a read on them. It is egocentric, sure, but it isn't defensive. It's just a different way to play. Explaining my procedures was a way for me to produce content without there being any content, so to speak. I couldn't draw on the present because nothing was happening, I couldn't draw from the past because nothing was happening, so I made a plan for the future.

Early aggression is never a bad thing. Doesn't matter how many people are around, even! You can form reads on people even if you don't know how many scum you're looking for.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:49 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 35, krishnaman wrote:I am sorry!! i didn t realize he did it random!

I thought since he accused me, he was less likely to be town :8
My vote might have randomly landed on you, but I'm still voting you.
Do you have a gut read on anyone?

krishnaman
krishnaman
Townie
krishnaman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:57 pm

Post by krishnaman »

the;
reason i had ;for voting against you was not good.
And i am sorry for this.
crazy as it sounded, i had not read the thread thoroughly yet but now I am understanding what you are all looking for.
Killing someone, I think, today is not a good idea.
Each day we wait, we gather more data
right? In future days we can lynch with more confidence with more info about who they are.

&
Let us face it. Both Hardy AND Nacho is right. Hardy is right in that even a skilled player combined with horrible mafias can't really get good reads on the first day at all in the slightest, at least as far as who's guilty on the first day. We are just shooting in the dark. and Nacho is right too--since we have such little to work with, he is doing the best he can
in trying to get as much information we have.
TeedyKay
TeedyKay
Goon
TeedyKay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:23 pm

Post by TeedyKay »

The questions change as the interaction advances, but "what do you think of me?" is a perfectly fine way to start out things.
It's not really though is it? How can it be truly answered if there's no base knowledge of your continual gameplay or style?

I'm getting a more and more Townread from you simply down to the fact your posts, although slightly intimidating (and don't take that the wrong way), are proactive in their approach.

Krishna seems green at all this, but was that OMGUS vote a tell? Or just naivety?
TeedyKay
TeedyKay
Goon
TeedyKay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:32 pm

Post by TeedyKay »

In post 40, krishnaman wrote: Killing someone, I think, today is not a good idea.
Each day we wait, we gather more data
right? In future days we can lynch with more confidence with more info about who they are.
A lynch can provide a whole wealth of information.

The wagon itself will more than likely contain scum. Associations and developments with the lynch, saved wagons, roleclaims after intent at L-1. Everything like that is exceptionally valuable to Town.

Town getting lynched on day one is nowt harmful what so ever.

Taking the stance of not killing anyone is harmful, discussion will be non existent as what's the point, we're all safe. Town will die at night phase, and all we do is end up technically at Day One again minus a Townie in our numbers.

We can NOT no lynch at any day phase unless the maths are in our favour later on in the game.

Not voting yet, but that has my alarm bells going a tad.

FOS: Krishnaman
krishnaman
krishnaman
Townie
krishnaman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:13 am

Post by krishnaman »

and whaT happens if we lynch some1 wit poweRs? like good guy i mean

And if you Can say one dead townie is no big deal, then why can Keep waiting until, tomorrows Events Right?

That way the TRACKER will gain info for us!!
phokdapolees
phokdapolees
Mafia Scum
phokdapolees
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:08 am

Post by phokdapolees »

God dammit. UNVOTE: Krish
Hardy
Hardy
Townie
Hardy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:39 am

Post by Hardy »

...was that a day 1 page 2 reveal? lmao

At least we kinda know what other roles are around us... but that was a really bad play :/
Lowercase
Lowercase
Goon
Lowercase
Goon
Goon

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:52 am

Post by Lowercase »

In post 45, Hardy wrote:...was that a day 1 page 2 reveal? lmao

At least we kinda know what other roles are around us... but that was a really bad play :/
This is what I call a scummy post.
VOTE: Hardy

Don't think you're off the hook though phok, I still find your name unpleasantly rebellious.
Hardy
Hardy
Townie
Hardy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:58 am

Post by Hardy »

Rofl what, how is that ¨scummy¨ at all?

Let's pull a Nacho here, ¨What do you think of my post and why do you consider it scummy?¨
Lowercase
Lowercase
Goon
Lowercase
Goon
Goon

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:06 am

Post by Lowercase »

Well, sort of along the same lines as "Oh no, the doc died!" to start day 2. I mean, yeah, its a drag that krishna claimed when there was no real suspicion on him, but I don't think making a post to express your chagrin at this development is called for. Even so, that ":/" rubs me the wrong way.

Aside from that, your mention of knowing roles is also really strange. I would think the upside is we have a conf town player, knowing the roles is exactly the downside, because the scum get the biggest advantage from it.
Lowercase
Lowercase
Goon
Lowercase
Goon
Goon

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:08 am

Post by Lowercase »

For the record, I also dislike phok's post, but the part about knowing roles kind of stuck out at me.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”