Matias
Matias
Mafia Scum
Matias
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1875 (ISO) » Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:08 am

Post by Matias »

caledfwitch has officially requested her slot back, so caledfwitch will have 24 hours to post before a prod.
Formerly DemonHybrid. I play mafia extremely occasionally. I run the Song Contest. You can find me there.
My GTKAS
My old account
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1876 (ISO) » Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:33 am

Post by T-Bone »

In post 1872, Garruk Relentless wrote: It's mostly due to my extreme intense boredom with this game. I lurked out the first part of yesterday and likely will continue to until around day 4/5 or I die, one of the two.

I do care about lynching SpyreX, because I have a fairly obvious guilty on him and he's continued to not die, because of a stupid alignment-neutral claim.
Well this is certainly not helping your case. Right now there are two larger wagons going on. Do you have any thoughts on those? If Spyrex is guilty according to you, can either of the bigger wagons be a scum-partner? It's not like the game has completely stalled, so I don't understand the apathy here.
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1877 (ISO) » Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:50 am

Post by notscience »

In post 1875, Matias wrote:
caledfwitch has officially requested her slot back, so caledfwitch will have 24 hours to post before a prod.
don't worry guys, there won't be much of an activity change from what we've seen thus far
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1878 (ISO) » Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:54 am

Post by morph the cat »

NachoMollie can we talk?
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #1879 (ISO) » Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:49 am

Post by Majiffy »

In post 1856, DeasVail wrote:Also Majiffy that's a horrible reason for lynching me.
You underestimate the power of good wagon analysis.
Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart)
||
In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #1880 (ISO) » Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:56 am

Post by Majiffy »

In post 1857, notscience wrote:Nachomollie and Cabdffery showing reservations about the wagon doesn't bug you any?
No.

And Mollie understands why.
In post 1864, SpyreX wrote:Majiffy I need to discuss with you in detail pecan because that exchange last page from his side made a lot of sense and 50's throwaway mafia retoric instead of answering "what makes you think he's town from that" really, REALLY bothers me.
Give me quotes and shit and tell me what you're seeing because I'm lazy.

I'm talking compromise because we're an incredibly disorganized bunch and I see a massive scramble coming up around the third or fourth of Jan.
And scrambles very rarely end in scum lynches, or even useful VCAs.

I'm liking Fish lately and I feel like Spyrex's latest offerings should take him off the table for today.
I'm also really dickhard for this DV lynch now. There is
a lot
of usable material with either flip.
Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart)
||
In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
50 Shades of Purple
50 Shades of Purple
Mafia Scum
50 Shades of Purple
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1881 (ISO) » Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:36 am

Post by 50 Shades of Purple »

I am cranky today!
In post 1875, Matias wrote:
@ mod: I 4 1 do not think caledwitch should be allowed back into the game. I think they have totally broken the spirit of the game by not playing.

In post 1871, DeasVail wrote:
In post 1633, DeasVail wrote:Proper reasoning for the reads (or at least the scumreads) in easy-to-read format will eventually be here as well.
Also, I've already explained how I responded to morph, and it's a standard thing I do when I catch up to include the current player in reads lists. I still don't understand how it would be considered so likely that I would put Majiffy there for some scum-motivated reason, but there's no point in continuing to argue about it.
it was unintentional, it looks like a slip up and I think you should be lynched for it. the scum motivation is that you were flat out not paying attention and thinking of other things. that is usually why people make mistakes like that.
In post 1878, morph the cat wrote:NachoMollie can we talk?
why is my name included in there I am pretty sure you don't give a shit about what I have to say

question for fery: in perp mylo was it you or nacho who decided to go after me like a bull seeing red? cos the only reason nacho does not want to lynch dv is cos he likes dv and I am just wondering why I was not extended the same courtesy.

@ pecan

this head (mollie) is ignoring you cos I think your questions are dumb and actually answer themselves if you thought about it for half a second. nacho can answer if he has the patience but I 4 1 don't.

this day has just dragged the fuck out. the only players who are even attempting to work with others is notty and sadly generic. desperado has disappeared and it makes me want to cry.

/kills self
Cabd: Does Home Freakin Depot sell sex toys alongside the hardware or something? Because all we have here in California is plain old Home Depot.
Bert: Home Depot sells beef jerky! Hot damn!
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1882 (ISO) » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:01 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 1881, 50 Shades of Purple wrote:why is my name included in there I am pretty sure you don't give a shit about what I have to say
Your name is included because I want to talk to both of you and try to figure out the basis for some of your reads-disagreements. I know from the dr who game that nacho apparently always townreads deas. I wanted to know how much of your read of that slot is predecessor-based and if deas had changed your mind at all. From the post I quoted this from it sounds like you also find deas scummy on the basis of his own posts.

Do you feel like you'd think the same if he'd replaced into a different slot and made similar posts?
question for fery: in perp mylo was it you or nacho who decided to go after me like a bull seeing red? cos the only reason nacho does not want to lynch dv is cos he likes dv and I am just wondering why I was not extended the same courtesy.
This question is a really strange thing to ask about your hydra partner in the middle of a game.

IIRC I thought something was up almost right away in perpetual mylo. I started to doubt my read when you disappeared for a while. I think nacho held the line through that, and then when Andrius started posting I was back on the yeah, scum thing.

I can understand a read being clouded by liking a player or liking their playstyle, such that you gloss over stuff you shouldn't. I don't see that happening purely as a courtesy though.

I also want to talk to you about MoS.
evilpacman18
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1883 (ISO) » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:15 am

Post by evilpacman18 »

Of all my compromise options, SpyreX is the one I'm most ok with so

vote:SpyreX

50, why aren't you trying to lynch DV, you very clearly called him scum after one of his first posts.
I play piano and competitive Smash 4 under the tag EPM
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1884 (ISO) » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:21 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 1879, Majiffy wrote:
In post 1856, DeasVail wrote:Also Majiffy that's a horrible reason for lynching me.
You underestimate the power of good wagon analysis.
Did you do this for Hiraki's wagon? Also, if you're really eager for some wagon analysis you could just assume I'm town and do it.
In post 1880, Majiffy wrote:I feel like Spyrex's latest offerings should take him off the table for today.
I don't see how anything Spyrex has posted recently makes him less likely to be scum.
In post 1881, 50 Shades of Purple wrote:it was unintentional, it looks like a slip up and I think you should be lynched for it. the scum motivation is that you were flat out not paying attention and thinking of other things. that is usually why people make mistakes like that.
'Not paying attention' is something that I think is not relevant to alignment at best and townish at worst.
Paschendale
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1885 (ISO) » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:31 am

Post by Paschendale »

My head is still spinning a bit from this sudden turn on the DV wagon. 50, you fought for it really hard and then one whiney complaining post is enough to switch gears? DV has added nothing but waffling and equivocation and his supposed points to defend himself were little more than "I'm not scum so people who suspect me must be scum", which we all know is nonsense. I preferred the Spy lynch to begin with, but I was willing to play ball. Now, this wagon was apparently so flimsy that it wasn't genuine to begin with. What's the deal?
In post 1872, Garruk Relentless wrote:It's mostly due to my extreme intense boredom with this game. I lurked out the first part of yesterday and likely will continue to until around day 4/5 or I die, one of the two.

I do care about lynching SpyreX, because I have a fairly obvious guilty on him and he's continued to not die, because of a stupid alignment-neutral claim.
This is one of the few posts I actually trust right now. Majiffy, 50, Morph... they're muddying everything and flailing wildly. I have no confidence at all in their reads anymore. They muck everything up with fluff and meta and jokes and bickering and the result is incredibly weak wagons. They need to shut the hell up and stop bloating this thread and stop pretending that their half-baked ideas are anything more than that.

Garruk's claim and results look genuine and are reasonably likely to be correct. I think lynching Spy based on them is a good choice. I don't think 50's new vote on Spy is town-motivated at all. I think Pecan's accusation of EPM look genuine, though it needs to be expanded on. I don't agree with it, though, because I think EPM is pretty genuine, too.

So, Spy should die. EPM and Pecan should live. 50, Morph, and Majiffy have squandered all their townpoints. I should not have trusted you, Mollie. I won't make that mistake again.

VOTE: Spyrex
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1886 (ISO) » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:49 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 1885, Paschendale wrote:"I'm not scum so people who suspect me must be scum"
I don't see where I say anything like this.
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1887 (ISO) » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:04 am

Post by Desperado »

Pasch needs to die.

@ mollie: Disappeared my ass. This is all you're getting for now unless drunk/stoned me decides he wants to play mafia on his birthday later.
;)
50 Shades of Purple
50 Shades of Purple
Mafia Scum
50 Shades of Purple
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1888 (ISO) » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:47 am

In post 1887, Desperado wrote:Pasch needs to die.

@ mollie: Disappeared my ass. This is all you're getting for now unless drunk/stoned me decides he wants to play mafia on his birthday later.
Happy Birthday Desperado!!!!

are you working a trillion hours again? cos you haven't been around.

pasch is fine plz leave him alone.
Cabd: Does Home Freakin Depot sell sex toys alongside the hardware or something? Because all we have here in California is plain old Home Depot.
50 Shades of Purple
50 Shades of Purple
Mafia Scum
50 Shades of Purple
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1889 (ISO) » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:49 am

hey my picture didn't show!

50 Shades of Purple
50 Shades of Purple
Mafia Scum
50 Shades of Purple
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1890 (ISO) » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:50 am

oh wait now I see what you mean about pasch. :(
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1891 (ISO) » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:54 am

Post by Desperado »

In post 1888, 50 Shades of Purple wrote:are you working a trillion hours again? cos you haven't been around.
At this rate I might as well pull a mastin and permanently v/la on weekends.

I didn't like Pasch at all yesterday and it's only gotten worse today.
;)
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1892 (ISO) » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:59 am

Post by Porkens »

Happy birthday to me! This is my 34th year on earth, and my 6th(?) year playing mafia, albeit not all of those years were active years. I hope I’ve gotten even a little bit better. Our little game here has gone quite fast since I went V/LA. More so than I had expected. Nevertheless, I have a few things to say, although they mostly focus on DV and SpyreX.

First of all, I think DV is town. There are two reasons for this. While he has been silly and wishy-washy and even somewhat contradictory (see the ‘fish case), it feels like he is town trying to overcome the inertia of his slot. As scum, it would have been easier for him to come in and follow the popular opinion, but he didn’t, and that makes me feel like he is giving his honest reads. That’s the first reason. The second reason is related to what he said about me, and that’s all I’ll say on that.

As for SpyreX, a few things really bug me. First of all, after Garruk’s claim, SpyreX said he would be willing to claim if necessary. However, when I (essentially) said it was necessary, he replied I should be murdered. I think he read the tide of opinion and switched his stance accordingly. Many of you have said that SpyreX shouldn’t claim in order to WIFOM the mafia. In a vacuum, I agree. However, with the roleblock, and the NK, I think pinning SpyreX to a claim will be much more valuable to the town in the long run. Finally, again, sure: a million things could have happened last night. However, the scenarios I posited earlier, I maintain, are, by far, the most likely, and, therefore, it is safe for SpyreX to claim. I say that it is important for the town to understand whether SpyreX was involved in the NK or not.

If SpyreX’s claim makes sense (which, to his credit, I’m sure it will), we can move on to another wagon (Pecan, MoS, Pasch, etc.) and town will go into the night with far more information that if we just lynch DV now.
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1893 (ISO) » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:01 am

Post by Desperado »

!!!!!!

Birthday Buddies!

fuck yeah
;)
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1894 (ISO) » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:03 am

Post by Desperado »

In post 1892, Porkens wrote:As for SpyreX, a few things really bug me. First of all, after Garruk’s claim, SpyreX said he would be willing to claim if necessary. However, when I (essentially) said it was necessary, he replied I should be murdered. I think he read the tide of opinion and switched his stance accordingly. Many of you have said that SpyreX shouldn’t claim in order to WIFOM the mafia. In a vacuum, I agree. However, with the roleblock, and the NK, I think pinning SpyreX to a claim will be much more valuable to the town in the long run. Finally, again, sure: a million things could have happened last night. However, the scenarios I posited earlier, I maintain, are, by far, the most likely, and, therefore, it is safe for SpyreX to claim. I say that it is important for the town to understand whether SpyreX was involved in the NK or not.
With that said, there are wayyyyyyy too many commas in this paragraph.

It makes me want to murder you.
;)
50 Shades of Purple
50 Shades of Purple
Mafia Scum
50 Shades of Purple
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1895 (ISO) » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:06 am

In post 1882, morph the cat wrote:Your name is included because I want to talk to both of you and try to figure out the basis for some of your reads-disagreements. I know from the dr who game that nacho apparently always townreads deas. I wanted to know how much of your read of that slot is predecessor-based and if deas had changed your mind at all. From the post I quoted this from it sounds like you also find deas scummy on the basis of his own posts.
I don't know dv at all but his reads list when he replaced in is awful. the backpedal looked worse IMO. nacho has him as solid town. dv did nothing to change my mind.
Do you feel like you'd think the same if he'd replaced into a different slot and made similar posts?
I might give him a pass for null cos of nacho's townread. but he didn't replace into another slot he replaced into a legacy scum slot so the point is kind of moot.
This question is a really strange thing to ask about your hydra partner in the middle of a game.

IIRC I thought something was up almost right away in perpetual mylo. I started to doubt my read when you disappeared for a while. I think nacho held the line through that, and then when Andrius started posting I was back on the yeah, scum thing.

I can understand a read being clouded by liking a player or liking their playstyle, such that you gloss over stuff you shouldn't. I don't see that happening purely as a courtesy though.
I think nacho gives his townreads too easily for those that he likes. in we the purple (yaye game is over I can talk about it!) he townread cabd on d1 despite cabd being obvscum. we look for different things but I frequently find myself bending to his tyranny.
I also want to talk to you about MoS.
okay lets talk
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1896 (ISO) » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:08 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 1895, 50 Shades of Purple wrote:in we the purple (yaye game is over I can talk about it!) he townread cabd on d1 despite cabd being obvscum.
To be fair, I'm kind of obvscum as town as well. Just ask Vi.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1897 (ISO) » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:09 am

Post by morph the cat »

Okay, I'm around, ffery is around, let's talk mollie. Would you like to start or shall we dance the lead?

Also woah we got a fancy party hat fuck yeah, good taste ffery.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1898 (ISO) » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:12 am

Post by Porkens »

Happy Birthday Desp!!!! Hope you have a great one!
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1899 (ISO) » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:13 am

Post by Desperado »

Same to you :)
;)

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”