toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:38 pm

Post by toolenduso »

Whoops, I meant to do this in the last post.

VOTE: Pink
"Half of the game is figuring out who the scum is. The other half is convincing everyone else that you're right." -- PlaysWithSquirrels, in Newbie 437
Taylor
Taylor
Goon
Taylor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:24 am

Post by Taylor »

@mod: Sorry for my absence, I know you know from other games and stuff that I've been very ill. Just wanted to make it public here as well. I'm better now and will post soon.

One thing I wanted to address because it's stupid and needs to stop:

@Emerald: Stop clinging to your "mastin tells" when mastin has been having his own IRL issues and literally made only 1 or 2 posts this whole thread. Instead why don't you actually make an effort to read me in the scope of the game. Seriously. Don't be lazy.

I have plenty catching up to do and need to review my reads. Honestly though, I probably will not be able to drop my tool suspicion until he stops making funky posts like the last 2 or flips, especially given Cool's flip.

Anyway, this is my post to say I will be able to do this today and will post updated reads this evening after work.
Guyett
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Hammering Hammered

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:45 am

Post by Guyett »

We arrive at todays location relatively quickly, Drumadoon point is quite close to our hostel. The geology here is vastly different to the geology seen at Corrie Foreshore.... Instead of sedimentary rocks, crossbedding and fulgurites we will look at sills, dykes and possibly some felsite!!!
Thats right, today is all about igneous geology :D
What you see in the picture is the cliff face of Drumadoon, known locally as "the doooooon" (pronounce it in a Scottish accent... imagine you are saying Dune but draw out the 'U')
The Doon is, in my opinion, one of the nicest locations in all of Arran

Official Vote Count 2.1TSO (2): Shos, Emerald Kitty
toolenduso (3): Kazekirimaru, snifit, Naio
PinkMittens (1): toolenduso

Not Voting (4) T S O, PinkMittens, Taylor, JacobSavage

With 10 alive it takes 6 to lynch

Deadline in (expired on 2014-01-10 20:00:00)

I think a lot about meteors. The purity of them. Boom! The end. Start again. The world made clean for the new man to rebuild.
PinkMittens
PinkMittens
Goon
PinkMittens
Goon
Goon

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:07 am

Post by PinkMittens »

A few thoughts so far regarding the last two pages. I've read through the previous stuff as well, but I'll need to go a bit more into detail to get my thoughts sorted (and I'm still fairly busy irl, I apologize).

Thoughts:
Cooldog wagon built very quickly even considering the circumstances (town=easier to lynch+end of the day). Considering that, the fact that we didn't need a majority (plurality) and that people were very easily swayed into voting for it it feels fairly safe to say that we have 1-2 scum on it.

Think Benmages flip strengthens the town reads on Naio & Kaze slightly, he was such a die-hard defender that keeping him alive would be more beneficial than the slight town gain they (imo) get from killing him. Don’t really think looking at his suspects is worth that much, he wasn’t really scumhunting nearly as much as he was townhunting so I doubt this caused his death (though it could've had an impact). So yeah, liking shos view on it. Think Kaze is overcomplicating it/trying to hammer in that he’s town in #414, this post is in all honesty pretty terrible. If the reason for the kill is that Kaze was a threat, just kill him? It’s not like it’d be easy to push a Kaze lynch today with or without Benmage (and tool definitely isn't in position to do a 180 and push for a Kaze lynch).

#411. Taylor town-reading me seems off, my D-1 performance is pretty much terrible.

#417. Reason? Just the same as Kaze? Think that logic is very far-fetched/almost pure wifom.

#418. A hydra misinterpreting a (to me) pretty obvious post, at best that’s two people not reading through posts properly (which I feel is far easier to do if you first decide on a target, and then look for evidence supporting that) and at worst it’s simply to discredit. Scummy either way. I think I saw a post where someone did this exact thing a few pages back, if that was EK as well this behaviour is very scummy. I'll go take a look.
I do agree with the rest of the post though.

#424. I can definitely see people reading me as scum, but this case might be the worst case I’ve witnessed, why is fairly self-explanatory. Admittedly I don’t think tools previous posts/reads (in both this game and previous ones) have made much sense either, so I can’t be sure if he’s being silly or scum. The fact that the votes on him right now are really bad (not even one decent reason), does make me feel a bit uncomfortable voting him as well.

Not the right person to call him out on it (pot kettle), but Jacobs lurking is a bit scummy at this point. Flying under the radar entirely, and still making posts (although short) in other threads.

TSO. His play makes more sense as scum than town (but doesn't really make much sense as either), and he’s being purposely anti-town. Scum will never nk him, and he can't be around for endgame, meaning that he needs to be lynched. Better to do that sooner than later (less info now than later), so I think he's the best lynch right now, just unfortunate is that we didn’t do that yesterday.

VOTE: TSO
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:49 am

Post by shos »

Pink, what are your reads?
Taylor, waiting for yours too with thoughts please

IMO EK is atm bussing TSO.
In post 836, Lucky2u said:

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
JacobSavage
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:56 am

Post by JacobSavage »

Sup sorry,

Pink its Day 2, it seems like your pushing a policy lynch, that seems a little late don't you think?
"
I don't have an opinion, everything is great.
"

I have a GTKAS!
| Slightly V/LA at the moment
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:35 am

Post by T S O »

In post 429, shos wrote:Pink, what are your reads?
Taylor, waiting for yours too with thoughts please

You mean PinkMittens, who openly admits there's nothing on me but is pushing a policy lynch.

Come on, shos.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:40 am

Post by T S O »

In post 375, PinkMittens wrote:
I'm so not in the game right now (I haven't had time to go through it properly since the site came back) so I kinda hate to vote for someone right now. That being said, I'd hate letting scum control the lynch (especially on someone I don't want dead) way more. Hence I'll be voting Cool, I don't like the mentality/tone (could indeed make him a lynchbait though, but it's the best I have) of his posts, something feels off and I don't think his votes/conclusions make sense. This is hardly set in stone though, and I have a feeling that sheeping snifit might actually be more useful than my own judgement right now..

VOTE: CoolDog
This is the scum on the wagon, if you're looking for it.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:45 am

Post by shos »

actually that makes more sense

VOTE: pink

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:57 am

Post by T S O »

Vote: PinkMittens

Here's a lesson. As scum, don't be opportunistic. It never works.
PinkMittens
PinkMittens
Goon
PinkMittens
Goon
Goon

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:25 pm

Post by PinkMittens »

In post 429, shos wrote:Pink, what are your reads?

Starting to doubt half my town-reads, hence I feel the need to go through the thread more, but it's something along these lines right now:

Town:
Snifit
Naio
Shos
Kaze
Taylor

Leaning scum:
Jacob
EK

Scum:
TSO
Tool

In post 430, JacobSavage wrote:Sup sorry,

Pink its Day 2, it seems like your pushing a policy lynch, that seems a little late don't you think?
Yes, it's bad and I wish we lynched him yesterday. That being said, I'd hardly consider it a policy lynch. What I say/mean is that I think he's scum, but worst case scenario he's a harmful townie. Since he's openly anti-town/avoids posting any useful content I will confess that I find it fairly hard to determine which one (which very much is scum motivated).

In post 431, T S O wrote: You mean PinkMittens, who openly admits there's nothing on me but is pushing a policy lynch.

Come on, shos.
Read again, read right. Alternatively you could actually contribute, I wonder why a townie would refuse to.

In post 432, T S O wrote: This is the scum on the wagon, if you're looking for it.
Yes, scum starting the wagon explains why it climbed so quickly. Cool story.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:48 am

Post by T S O »

I've shown the game scum in you. Keep trying to discredit me though, it amuses me how you flail when you're caught.
PinkMittens
PinkMittens
Goon
PinkMittens
Goon
Goon

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:52 am

Post by PinkMittens »

In post 436, T S O wrote:I've shown the game scum in you. Keep trying to discredit me though, it amuses me how you flail when you're caught.
I don't really see how I can discredit you better than you do yourself. Anyone can simply iso you and see what you tried to do yesterday: first, lynch/discredit a universal townread who got nk'd tonight (benmage, #128->), tried to lynch another strong townread (kaze, #128->, #219->), voted for a confirmed town (snifit, #250->, #290) and a whole bunch of AtE and self-votes (#56, #306->). This case is crap, every case you've made so far has been crap, you're as anti-town as it gets.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:39 am

Post by shos »

In post 433, shos wrote:actually that makes more sense

Guyett
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Hammering Hammered

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:44 am

Post by Guyett »

I have to go to Edinburgh for a few days at the end of the week for a Geology conference so I'll be V/La and Antihero has taken some time off from the game so
penguin_alien
has thankfuly agreed to step in as a backup mod :D
So from Saturday until Thursday send all actions to her too please
I think a lot about meteors. The purity of them. Boom! The end. Start again. The world made clean for the new man to rebuild.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:19 am

Post by shos »

VOTE: Penguin_alien

CONFSCUM HERE BAWYZ

Kazekirimaru
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:23 am

Post by Kazekirimaru »

In post 435, PinkMittens wrote:What I say/mean is that I think he's scum, but worst case scenario he's a harmful townie.
Do you believe they should be lynched regardless of which one of these categories they fall into?
In post 438, shos wrote:

What's up?
Kazekirimaru
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:23 am

Post by Kazekirimaru »

In post 440, shos wrote:VOTE: Penguin_alien

CONFSCUM HERE BAWYZ
...isn't it a little late in the game for derpvoting?
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:59 am

Post by shos »

CONFSCUM HERE BAWYZ
In post 442, Kazekirimaru wrote:

CONFSCUM HERE BAWYZ
...isn't it a little late in the game for derpvoting?
This is not a derpvote of course, this is just for the lulz, plus it did provoke *something*, as tiny as it is, so why not.

anyway, just in case people need to be sure that this is not a vote,
In post 438, shos wrote:

Kazekirimaru
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:48 am

Post by Kazekirimaru »

V/LA till Jan. 2
snifit
snifit
Mafia Scum
snifit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:05 am

Post by snifit »

Presumably he realized that accusing Pink of bussing presupposes that TSO is scum, so...

Anyway tool's posts mean he should get more posts.
snifit
snifit
Mafia Scum
snifit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:05 am

Post by snifit »

more votes*
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:12 pm

Post by shos »

happy new years!
why tool, snifit? why not TSO?

PinkMittens
PinkMittens
Goon
PinkMittens
Goon
Goon

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:54 pm

Post by PinkMittens »

Happy new year! Hence I find it totally acceptable that I'm doing another drunken post, but please forgive any incoherence.
In post 441, Kazekirimaru wrote: Do you believe they should be lynched regardless of which one of these categories they fall into?
No, only if they are likely to be scum. However I do think someone who purposly puts themselves in these two categories should be lynched, especially if I know that they are capable of doing better than that (which looking at tso past games, he's able to). Simply the fact that they chose to play anti-town is very scummy, since the only valid reason I can think off for doing that is to make themselves harder to read. I also think someone who is anti-town and likely to be scum is better to lynch than someone who is equally likely to be scum but actually tries to contribute, not to mention that I feel like the latter usually will be easier to read.

Do you still think your reasoning in #414 seems likely?
In post 445, snifit wrote: Anyway tool's posts mean he should get more posts.
I agree, and I agree that tool is scummy, however what's your reason for voting him? I really don't feel like throwing my vote there when he has three votes without even one proper reason.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:56 pm

Post by EspeciallyTheLies »

i'll be around tomorrow. marathon games and then drinking and new year's madness and stuff.
Art is cool.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”