Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:44 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

Anyhow, I'm currently of the belief that there are flavor traps hidden in this set-up and the sooner we can discuss it and move on from it, the sooner we can find the scum.
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:45 pm

Post by Kagami »

Interesting point. Makes sense that she'd be a miller given the "discern whether they're friend or foe" bit.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:47 pm

Post by Plum »

Scum may have been given fakeclaims for abilities and not necessarily for character, or have other bits of setup information - like Brian said, there may be effetive flavor traps. Or not. For now, is there benefit to continue the setup speculation? Unless
Kagami
says yes, can we all drop it for now? Thanks.
Bert
Bert
Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra
Bert

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:47 pm

Post by Bert »

In post 95, Kagami wrote:I'd also ask that Bert, when he returns, mentions nothing about the weak discussion when he returns, even if he finds it confusing
OK. I just said what my flavor name is, and yeah just a miller nothing special. Don't really understand anything other than I'm just a normal miller aside from all the decorative flavor.

I've never watched this show or played this game (whichever this is). I just joined because Kaze joined haha and because it looked fun.
In post 90, Kazekirimaru wrote:It sounds like he realized he said too much in some respect and tried to correct himself by saying he was no different from a normal miller.
yep, I looked back and I'm not just a weak miller, I'm called a weak human miller, to be formally correct. Oh, and it's Leonhart, not Lionhart (phone misread).
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:49 pm

Post by Kagami »

In post 103, Bert wrote:
In post 95, Kagami wrote:I'd also ask that Bert, when he returns, mentions nothing about the weak discussion when he returns, even if he finds it confusing
OK. I just said what my flavor name is, and yeah just a miller nothing special. Don't really understand anything other than I'm just a normal miller aside from all the decorative flavor.

I've never watched this show or played this game (whichever this is). I just joined because Kaze joined haha and because it looked fun.
In post 90, Kazekirimaru wrote:It sounds like he realized he said too much in some respect and tried to correct himself by saying he was no different from a normal miller.
yep, I looked back and I'm not just a weak miller, I'm called a weak human miller, to be formally correct. Oh, and it's Leonhart, not Lionhart (phone misread).
/facepalm
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:50 pm

Post by Bert »

EBWOP: I'd also like to say that I've seen Miller once in my own game experiences (or from spectating), and that was Elyse in Mini 1460. She crumbed it in her first few posts - the circumstances are different in that she was a miller JOAT. She ended up being scumread by several pre-claim and asked a claimed cop (Baezu) to "please not inspect her N2, I'll explain later." Given how many people here don't know me and how scummy I've been in Marathon games and real games, I thought I would be remiss if I did not mention I'm a Miller right off the bat. A guilty on me would be a death sentence if I did not take action quickly.

Bert
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:51 pm

Post by Kagami »

sorry bert, I understand why you're confused, but I think that a clever scummy could now figure it out.
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:52 pm

Post by Bert »

Well, I already said in my opening two posts prior to this page that I'm just a normal miller anyway, so I really didn't give anything else away that wasn't already revealed.
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:53 pm

Post by Kagami »

Ok, here's what weak means:

You do not have maneuver gear.

In the advertisement for the game, it specifically says that the HUMAN faction gets maneuver gear, so it makes no sense for the scum, who already lack the gear, to get the special prefix.
Kazekirimaru
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:56 pm

Post by Kazekirimaru »

In post 103, Bert wrote: I've never watched this show or played this game (whichever this is). I just joined because Kaze joined haha and because it looked fun.
<3
In post 108, Kagami wrote:Ok, here's what weak means:

You do not have maneuver gear.

In the advertisement for the game, it specifically says that the HUMAN faction gets maneuver gear, so it makes no sense for the scum, who already lack the gear, to get the special prefix.
Would you like to confirm this, Bert? If this is all true, I'll be on my merry way with two confirmed townies today.

I understand now, though. You didn't want to say before others claimed. Because claiming weak was essentially a townslip.
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:57 pm

Post by Kagami »

That's why he was confused that his role was no different from a normal miller, he didn't realize that the other townies got the gear.
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:58 pm

Post by Kagami »

Since I'm just a weak human, the difference between my role and the example Vanilla, Potato Girl, was obvious.
Kazekirimaru
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:59 pm

Post by Kazekirimaru »

UNVOTE:
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:59 pm

Post by Plum »

If we just let Kagami say what she said initially, accepted it for the time being, and stopped, there's a chance scum wouldn't have guessed it and we could have left peacefully with the same benefits. Watching the setup spec unfold was excruciating.
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:59 pm

Post by Bert »

There's nothing in my role about maneuver gear or having maneuver gear. I just have two abilities - being a townie and being a miller on top of that.
Paschendale
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:01 pm

Post by Paschendale »

Pasch's thoughts on everything so far.

This Plum/Kaze love fest is a wee bit fishy.

I'm actually not swayed one way or the other by Bert's miller claim. We'll lynch him for scummy play, not a claim. Isn't claiming right away considered optimal play for an actual miller? Seems kind of null to me. I don't know the series this is based on, but a character with vague alignment seems to fit a miller.

Agree with Kaze's notions on Pie and F-16 in post 48. Pie's tone worries me, too. Looks like a lot more assurance than is really warranted.

Brian seems towny. Plum seems extremely non-committal. I do not find that trustworthy.

I'm not really sure what to make of all this "weak" discussion. It might be legit, but it also might be a lot of rolefishing.

Leaning Town: Bert, Brian, Kaze
Leaning Scum: Pie, F-16, Plum
Null so far: Broseidon, Konian, Kagami, everyone else who hasn't posted

I'm not sure what to make of Konian's sole post, though.

VOTE: Pie
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:02 pm

Post by Bert »

In post 115, Paschendale wrote:Isn't claiming right away considered optimal play for an actual miller?
Well, I heard claiming miller right away was good. But, I can't remember who told me that way back when. Never actually drawn the role before until now.

I didn't mean to stir setup speculation and thought flavor and stuff was all just that - uncertain and flavorful, not necessarily alignment indicative - I was just claiming miller because I felt obligated to.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:03 pm

Post by Plum »

UNVOTE:

VOTE: Paschendale
Paschendale
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:04 pm

Post by Paschendale »

Also, I'll be on a train for most of tomorrow.
pitoli
pitoli
Mafia Scum
pitoli
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:05 pm

Post by pitoli »

Just a friendly reminder: Character flavor does not determine alignment, and the game is not breakable by flavor. Additionally, scum factions have been equipped with safe fakeclaims. Thanks!
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:05 pm

Post by F-16_Fighting_Falcon »

In post 94, Brian Skies wrote:@F-16: Here's the only other game I can think of where I had to deal with a claimed miller. I mislynched her in 3p lylo. =(
Thanks, I'll look through it later on.

@ Pasch, explain what you find scummy about me, Pie, or Plum. Also, why Kagami as null? Seems pretty town to me.
Kazekirimaru
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:06 pm

Post by Kazekirimaru »

In post 115, Paschendale wrote: I'm not really sure what to make of all this "weak" discussion. It might be legit, but it also might be a lot of rolefishing.
I don't see how you cannot have an opinion on the discussion considering all that has transpired.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:07 pm

Post by Plum »

Because he's scum.
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:07 pm

Post by Kagami »

In post 119, pitoli wrote:
Just a friendly reminder: Character flavor does not determine alignment, and the game is not breakable by flavor. Additionally, scum factions have been equipped with safe fakeclaims. Thanks!
ugh

K, I still think bert is town, but my assumptions were false. No conftowns
Kazekirimaru
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:08 pm

Post by Kazekirimaru »

In post 119, pitoli wrote:
You could accidentally hint at someone's reads being right or wrong making statements like this in certain moments. Just saying.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”