BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:52 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 79, Kagami wrote:Because flavor isn't alignment indicative, it is very unlikely that scum were given a fake-claim. There's no way bert would know to claim weak unless he is town.
Go read Sabo mafia, where EtL smoked XScorp b/c of an assumption like this.

This is a terrible assumption to make.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:56 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 108, Kagami wrote:Ok, here's what weak means:

You do not have maneuver gear.

In the advertisement for the game, it specifically says that the HUMAN faction gets maneuver gear, so it makes no sense for the scum, who already lack the gear, to get the special prefix.
Yeah.

Scum were told this.

Otherwise this setup would be dumb.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:58 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 116, Bert wrote:
In post 115, Paschendale wrote:Isn't claiming right away considered optimal play for an actual miller?
Well, I heard claiming miller right away was good. But, I can't remember who told me that way back when. Never actually drawn the role before until now.

I didn't mean to stir setup speculation and thought flavor and stuff was all just that - uncertain and flavorful, not necessarily alignment indicative - I was just claiming miller because I felt obligated to.
The way you've derped through everything looks town.

I'd don't think scum-you could pull this off.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:05 pm

Post by Plum »

Bro is being smart about this.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:07 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 127, pieguyn wrote:
In post 69, BROseidon wrote:I don't like the way you're pushing the Annie flavor based on the anime when the game's based on the manga, with Annie's alignment in the manga being incredibly clear. It's like you're simultaneously trying to write-off the flavor while using it to potentially position an attack later.
oh lord
you're scum aren't you
this reminds me of how you jumped on Varsoon in imperishable night early game with a sketchy reason and iirc completely ignored everything else

I haven't seen the anime or read the manga .-. so I didn't know any of this, nor was I paying attention to exactly what this game was based off of, nor did I know this bc no one brought up the manga. so you're kind of right in that I'm not really paying much attention to the flavor, but I'm using what I'm picking up of it to try to figure out stuff

what makes you think I'm familiar with the manga?
In post 69, BROseidon wrote:wtf is Mykonian's read list.
holy shit you really are scum
vote: BRO
1) You suck at reading me.
2) I make early pressure moves regardless of alignment
3) Um...:
In post 68, pieguyn wrote:flavor doesn't determine alignment, which means that especially given annie's alignment in series was left unresolved annie's alignment in game could be just about anything
In post 127, pieguyn wrote:I haven't seen the anime or read the manga .-. so I didn't know any of this, nor was I paying attention to exactly what this game was based off of, nor did I know this bc no one brought up the manga. so you're kind of right in that I'm not really paying much attention to the flavor, but I'm using what I'm picking up of it to try to figure out stuff
Were you just sheeping BS on your flavor comment, then?
Kazekirimaru
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:08 pm

Post by Kazekirimaru »

In post 147, Paschendale wrote:Kagami was actively looking to get other players to claim. Lack of a weak signifier means PR abilities. Kagami not only sought to get people to claim having abilities, but also asserted that only town could have it. She pretended that it was the usual weak like a weak doctor, despite apparently knowing that it is not. She pushed for more discussion and claims over it. Everyone who replied "what do you mean, weak miller?" outed themselves as a PR. But they would not have if she hadn't revealed what it actually meant. I think it is far more likely that she or part of the scum team is a goon and has the weak modifier, hence how they know what it means. They're the only ones who get to see multiple PMs.

It looked like simple rolefishing until page 5, where she was just asking more weak people to claim, back when everyone thought that weak was the town-signifying modifier that it usually is. Then she revealed what it really means, and I (foolishly) hesitated. But after a little more thought, it looks like a deliberate attempt to get people to reveal that they are not weak before they understood the significance.

The explanation of what the modifier really meant gave me pause, but now I feel much more certain.

VOTE: Kagami

Are you her partner, Plum?
Hi.

VOTE: Pasch

All of my no in your general direction.
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:09 pm

Post by Kagami »

In post 151, BROseidon wrote:
In post 108, Kagami wrote:Ok, here's what weak means:

You do not have maneuver gear.

In the advertisement for the game, it specifically says that the HUMAN faction gets maneuver gear, so it makes no sense for the scum, who already lack the gear, to get the special prefix.
Yeah.

Scum were told this.

Otherwise this setup would be dumb.
Then all the players who were openly puzzled by the "weak miller" are town, no?
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:12 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 153, Plum wrote:Bro is being smart about this.
1) Have you read any of my games?

2) Sabo mafia was an easy scum win for me/EtL b/c town made a lot of faulty assumptions about the setup (and also because I got access to a weak-neighborize as scum, but I digress). I'm not going to get burned because a bunch of townies make that mistake.

Also Tammy needs to get her ass in here and obvtown up so she can lead. Towns without structure suck :/

pedit: Could have been scum feigning because they'd know that the people who knew about it would be weak townies+them. It'd be like how I spent the first 3 days of Xenoblade being like "I have no idea whether this is multi ball" because I knew that saying that I thought it was multi ball would raise alarms.
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:13 pm

Post by Kagami »

In post 150, BROseidon wrote:
In post 79, Kagami wrote:Because flavor isn't alignment indicative, it is very unlikely that scum were given a fake-claim. There's no way bert would know to claim weak unless he is town.
Go read Sabo mafia, where EtL smoked XScorp b/c of an assumption like this.

This is a terrible assumption to make.
I happen to have read sabo mafia; you and EtL smoked them with clever use of the stolen weak neighborizer ability to make it appear as though EtL was a vig who killed you. Where is the parallel?
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:14 pm

Post by BROseidon »

Earlier in the game EtL convinced XScorp that she was town b/c she claimed follower+tracker and correctly ID'd the name of XScorp's ability (which we already knew because we had been given flavor names+what they did, and mollie had already claimed to have been the target).
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:15 pm

Post by BROseidon »

Basically, XScorp (and the rest of the game) didn't anticipate that scum knew the names+powers of every 1-shot in play, so EtL could coast off a janky claim (until we pulled the neighborizer trick to seal the deal)
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:16 pm

Post by Kagami »

I think a scummy would have jumped on the weak claim then =\
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:17 pm

Post by Kagami »

If you're right, I was basically handing out mad town-cred.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:20 pm

Post by BROseidon »

Why would scum push a weak player, though? Given that the majority of townies have a 1-shot commute, scum would want to push people who have the potential to dodge an NK.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:24 pm

Post by Plum »

In post 157, BROseidon wrote:
In post 153, Plum wrote:Bro is being smart about this.
1) Have you read any of my games?
No, I'm just appreciating someone being intelligent about this mess.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:37 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 154, BROseidon wrote:1) You suck at reading me.
wow nice discredit. still doesn't change the fact that you jumped on me early game for a sketchy reason

also I'm 1/1 on reading you, so this isn't even correct. the only completed game we have together is imperishable night and although you did fool me D1, I came around to it on D2. so that's a blatant fucking lie
In post 154, BROseidon wrote:2) I make early pressure moves regardless of alignment
this is a blatant strawman. it's not bc you made an early pressure move, it's bc the early pressure move you made was shit and it p much exactly matches up with how you played in imperishable night. your jump on Varsoon in that game was an early pressure move, but it was bad bc the reasoning for it was sketchy as fuck. what's different about this?
In post 154, BROseidon wrote:Were you just sheeping BS on your flavor comment, then?
I was sheeping what everyone was saying about the flavor bc if everyone agrees about it then it's probably true. I had no way of knowing whether said flavor was BS or not, and from what people are saying it doesn't appear to be BS in the first place.

why are you assuming I knew said flavor was BS when sheeping it? like you apparently think that I'm scum who was deliberately sheeping BS?

this is exactly why your push on me sucks. first, you said I was scum who was writing off flavor while positioning for a flavor based attack later, citing the differentiation between anime and manga to back it up. but in order for this to the case, I have to be familiar enough with the flavor to know the difference in annie's position between anime/manga, and know which one this game is based off of. this assumption comes straight out of thin air and I don't see at all how the fuck you felt comfortable making an assumption like that. not to mention someone said your idea that the game is based exclusively off the manga is incorrect to begin with. when I told you I don't know the flavor, you completely dodged me. instead you left your vote on me and continued the push, despite one of the underlying assumptions behind your push was demonstrated to be unequivocally incorrect (game being based on manga), which in this case fked up a lot of your reasoning. and now you accuse me of sheeping smth that's BS, which makes the assumption that I knew it was BS. which is the same thing. why would you make an assumption like that considering
I just said I don't know the flavor?

tl;dr: you assumed smth that is completely false and there was no reason for you to assume that. your reason for voting me is entirely fabricated and not coming from a legitimate thought process. your logic is contradictory as fuck and the way you're trying to completely dismiss me with these terribad illogical arguments is, guess what? scummy as fuck. die :>
vote: BRO

and one more thing. go back and look at all your illogic in NY167. you discredited, misrep'd, and strawmanned all over the place. this is the same shit. if I apparently "suck at reading you" as you say, then why are my arguments against you incorrect? you still haven't given an explanation why. good luck ~
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:40 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 144, Kazekirimaru wrote:I kinda thought I addressed the point. My skepticism obviously just kinda disappeared after Bert showed up.
can you explain why you thought there wouldn't be a 3rd weak player? bc I can't look past it and how it seems like damage control. and I'm not sure I buy that such a large amt of apprehension comes from "I don't like breaking games"

also, what are your thoughts on Pasch and BRO?
Kazekirimaru
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:42 pm

Post by Kazekirimaru »

I didn't say I thought there wouldn't be. I was asking Kagami why she was assuming there would be. There's quite a difference.

Scum and town, respectively.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:43 pm

Post by pieguyn »

now I need lots more votes on BRO, and anyone who disagrees needs to go up and look at how none of his logic is actually correct. my tl;dr at the end explains it p well. hardly ggs
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:46 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 167, Kazekirimaru wrote:I didn't say I thought there wouldn't be. I was asking Kagami why she was assuming there would be. There's quite a difference.

Scum and town, respectively.
if you believed there was another weak player why you'd be skeptical of Kagami for doing the same thing? did you think there wasn't a 3rd weak player?

go back look at my massive wall about BRO try again. till then, explain BRO town?
Bert
Bert
Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra
Bert

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:48 pm

Post by Bert »

Vote: Bro

I am a shameful sheep but I'll be here fully next week fo sho

I like pie for town cuz our interactions so far man
Kazekirimaru
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:49 pm

Post by Kazekirimaru »

It's not that I thought or didn't think there was a third weak player - It's that it sounded like Kagami knew there were more since she said she wouldn't explain the modifier until another person claimed it.

Bro pretty much disassembled the entire "We can find the scums based on the Weak modifier" idea that was floating around. If he were scum, he would have let the town indulge that poor avenue of thinking and probably try to score some mislynches off it rather than argue against it. I'm not voting Bro. He's town.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:54 pm

Post by Plum »

Pie, I'm not seeing anything Bro is saying that you don't like as a big deal. Likewise vice versa.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:00 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 171, Kazekirimaru wrote:Bro pretty much disassembled the entire "We can find the scums based on the Weak modifier" idea that was floating around. If he were scum, he would have let the town indulge that poor avenue of thinking and probably try to score some mislynches off it rather than argue against it. I'm not voting Bro. He's town.
why do you think he'd always do the most obvious strategy? this is the same guy who stole a weak neighborize and suicided on his partner just to give her a ridiculous amt of towncred. it's obvious BRO would NOT necessarily make the obvious scum play all the time and I could totally see him doing this for the towncred
Plum wrote:Pie, I'm not seeing anything Bro is saying that you don't like as a big deal. Likewise vice versa.
it's a big deal bc he's relying on incorrect arguments, discrediting, strawmanning, etc. and isn't actually answering any of my questions about him. he thinks he can just brush my suspicion on him off by doing nothing and no one will call him on it (which is p much what you're doing). his engagement of me is full of loaded questions that make assumptions that I know the flavor, despite the fact I'VE ALREADY SAID I DON'T. p much my last paragraph and tl;dr explains everything
Kazekirimaru
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:04 pm

Post by Kazekirimaru »

In post 173, pieguyn wrote: why do you think he'd always do the most obvious strategy? this is the same guy who stole a weak neighborize and suicided on his partner just to give her a ridiculous amt of towncred. it's obvious BRO would NOT necessarily make the obvious scum play all the time and I could totally see him doing this for the towncred
Occam's razor. I'm not going to assume he'd purposely destroy a perfectly good mislynch outlet in some sort of next-level plot because he played well as scum in game X. If that's the way to win the game, all scum should just claim scum in their first post and vote their partners from the get-go because next-level WIFOMsandwiches. You're confbiasing.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”