XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:15 pm

Post by XScorpion »

In post 420, Flameaxe wrote:
In post 417, XScorpion wrote:Kind of the attitude I expected. Not really surprised.
In post 193, ICEninja wrote:I'm quite glad I don't know Flameaxe in person. Is he this unpleasant every game? His posts are taking the fun out of this game by making things personal and insulting.
Do you think Hayato is scum then? Or do you just really hate day 1 of this game?
I'm pretty sure your read of the thread answered this question, fuckwit.
I get so many warm feelings from you. It makes me feel like Christmas.
Aegor
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:19 pm

Post by Aegor »

In post 424, Remembrance wrote:@Aegor, you said I was your strongest town read. What? Why doesn't your reasoning for that exist?
1) Strongest is relative. It is day one. As much as TV needs to be lynched, he is correct in noting the lack of confidence. I was, however, more confident in your towniness than anyone else's. That is no longer the case.

2) I found your posts to be asking the right questions and generally focused on scumhunting until about 232 or so. Then my limited meta revealed consistency between games, reducing the tells of those posts. Then I started getting bizarro vibes from subsequent posts. So no strong tells anymore.

Happy to provide whatever specific info you desire...
Currently partying at the
M A S Q U E R A D E
-- a Large Normal for 21 revelers.
Remembrance
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:32 pm

Post by Remembrance »

I probably get it. Would just like an opinion of Hayato's recent posts.
ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:30 pm

Post by ICEninja »

TV wrote: Its typical for scum to opportunistically slide a vote onto a wagon at a point that it feels comfortable/non attention grabbing. Early on, when it doesn't have momentum... mid range, in the "butter zone"... when a deadline is approaching and "we have to lynch somebody." These are some common examples. They'll lack reasoning, scum hunting, conviction , or anything that generally resembles town behavior.
Thank you for doing such a great job of summarizing the way in which you voted me, and why it is bad. You're making my job so much easier.
TV wrote: That's not how this works. If he's town, there is a high probability that somebody in the wagon at that point is scum. I don't know who, and I don't have strong reads on any of those players... but I believe from experience that one of them is scum. Just like I believe that one of the lowest count posters is also scum. Its a probability only, not a read.
So YOU believed there was scum on my wagon. I felt sort of meh about it. You have just stated that you had reasonably strong feelings about it. Neither of us really pursued this lead, yet you think I'm scum for it. I, who didn't feel particularly strong one way or the other (maybe a very mild scum read) didn't scum hunt the people on my wagon whereas you, who believes there is probably scum within that group, didn't scum hunt the people on my wagon. What makes me scummy and you not, exactly?

Flame is maintaining a vote on me for virtually zero reasoning. That's almost as bad.

Can we get more votes on TV? He's just showing more and more scum motivation all the time.
Town: 14 wins, 14 losses
Scum: 3 wins, 2 losses
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:01 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

Stop ignoring me.

Stop voting TV.

Start voting Pieguyn and/or his replacement and/or Hamato, or possibly Iceninja but I'm not expecing that wagon to gain traction.
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:04 pm

Post by XScorpion »

In post 429, RadiantCowbells wrote:Stop ignoring me.

Stop voting TV.

Start voting Pieguyn and/or his replacement and/or Hamato, or possibly Iceninja but I'm not expecing that wagon to gain traction.
Do you object to waiting for the replacement to come first and contribute before lynching the slot?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:06 pm

I don't really care whether the scum gets his replacement in.
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:09 pm

Post by XScorpion »

In post 431, RadiantCowbells wrote:I don't really care whether the scum gets his replacement in.
Are you so certain we would gain nothing from the replacement? Even if the slot is scum, couldn't we get an idea of scumbuddies based on what (probably little) content is provided?
Or am I too optimistic?
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:10 pm

Post by XScorpion »

Also, you're voting Hayato. Not pie. So I don't see how a pie lynch is happening.
Aegor
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:25 pm

Post by Aegor »

In post 427, Remembrance wrote:I probably get it. Would just like an opinion of Hayato's recent posts.
I am not getting the vehemence, just like I am not getting the vehemence against pie or ICE.

I do not like the following from post :
Conclusion: People should be allowed to take THE LIST seriously. (even if you claim it to be random)
In reference to pie's list, but that is a minor issue.

I largely agree with Flameaxe's criticism of him in post . Hayato actually improved in my mind through post , which was detailed and to which no one actually responded. I would be interested in hearing RC's rebuttal, but I doubt it will come.

The deal between RC and Hayato is annoying but ultimately a red herring/null tell.
M A S Q U E R A D E
ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:40 pm

Post by ICEninja »

Fix your links.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:49 pm

I have no reason to try to convince you for the following reasons.

1) I have never, in my year here, convinced players to follow my reads as town, except by fakeclaiming cop as I have done in NY167 and the Zelda themed game. Even then, the people I claimed a guilty on STILL didn't get lynched that day despite me not retracting my claim. They were both scum.

2) Hayato is scum. I don't have the same unwavering confidence that would provoke a cop fakeclaim, but they are scum nonetheless.

Anyway, everything's going according to plan. If Hayato gets lynched first, fantastic, I get a boatload of cred for my reading skills and we nail a scum. If I get lynched first, whatever, but looking back everyone will see how opportunistic Hayato's positions were and how utterly bullshit calling my actions a "bluff" really were, and they will follow, if not tomorrow, then the day after; Hayato won't last to lylo. After Hayato's flip nefore or after, suspicion will likely not fall on Ice/Pie, because no one listens to dead people, but maybe a smart cop or gunsmith will check them and we'll get some more scum.

Also, Remembrance might go in the scumpile, but town will have to wait because *reasons*.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:51 pm

Pie can live for today because Hayato is a much more pressing concern. If votes were to return to him, I would happily lynch that, but at the moment my vote stays where it is.

If you are voting TV, you are hardclaiming scum.
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:59 pm

Post by XScorpion »

In post 437, RadiantCowbells wrote:If you are voting TV, you are hardclaiming scum.
There are 5 of us right now. We can't all be scum.
I'm not moving my vote until I've heard from everyone, including Pie's replacement.
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:36 am

Post by Mac »

Deadline is suspended, as indicated in #381, until replacements are found. This was not replicated in the OP, and I apologise!
ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:18 am

Post by ICEninja »

Mod, could we get a new vote count?

RC wrote: If you are voting TV, you are hardclaiming scum.
So vote for someone on the TV wagon, yes? Hayato is not, IIRC.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:19 am

Hayato is scum and not on the TV wagon, hence, I vote Hayato.
Aegor
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:26 am

Post by Aegor »

In post 441, RadiantCowbells wrote:Hayato is scum and not on the TV wagon, hence, I vote Hayato.
So there are six scum? Two factions?
M A S Q U E R A D E
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:05 am

until people start unvoting
Sound of Silence
Sound of Silence
Mafia Scum
Sound of Silence
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:16 am

Post by Sound of Silence »

I have a ton of catch up to do in a ton of games. Priority on this one is a little lower because of the suspended deadline but I want to go through Hayato, ICEninja and Bauss today as well as mop up any questions that have been left for me. Bauss first.
ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:56 am

Post by ICEninja »

So I just read through RC's ISO, and realized he hasn't even made a case against Hayato.

How the fuck do you expect to convince us to vote him just by stamping your foot and making a scene?
Sound of Silence
Sound of Silence
Mafia Scum
Sound of Silence
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:06 am

In post 387, TunnelVision wrote:
In post 384, ICEninja wrote:For the record, the reason everyone should vote TV is this snippet from SoS:
Sound of Silence wrote: You did miss something. The thing that drew our vote was TV posting an exhortation that the people tunneling each other start scumhunting when TV had done fuck-all in the way of scumhunting to that point and continued to do fuck-all afterwards. I didn't say why I made the vote because I wanted reactions to evaluate.
Take that then add on the fact that as soon as a wagon started building on him at a point that was, at the time, deadline looming, he drops his vote on the largest wagon for absolutely trash reasoning.

He is the counter wagon to me, who is the largest wagon but has zero votes with legit reasoning behind them.
This is BS and even SoS knows it. That's why they aren't pushing it. They tossed a vote on me and a wimpy reason to fish for a reaction. I generally, as town, sit back and watch to see what develops on D1 until I have conviction. Then I death tunnel like a rage fueled Juggernaut. SoS knows this, as do I.
"even SoS knows this.

Is there a reason why you're subtly discrediting my meta experience with you here? It is pretty thin meta experience, but I'm used to making do with thin meta soup.

You do sit back and observe, but this is page 18 of a mini game and IME you give some pretty strong hints about where you're going much earlier than this in the games we've played.
Sound of Silence
Sound of Silence
Mafia Scum
Sound of Silence
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:19 am

In post 394, TunnelVision wrote:
In post 378, Sound of Silence wrote:I don't remember you considering me a champion contributor when our mutual town game was in progress. :/
You had a LOT of posts. Lots of chatter. Engaging the player base. Talking, exploring, etc. Whether I liked your content or not, there was a vast amount of it. Now, in a recent game you were scum... everybody kept saying "This must be scum Fferyllt, she just doesn't post much." And, I didn't get it until I reread on you and dug a bit farther. It seemed pretty apparent, that when you're scum, you def post less frequently and engage other players significantly less.

- Bauss -
Quantity of posts doesn't distinguish my scum game, though depending on the games you take a look at (town and scum) you could come away with that impression. You obviously didn't have a look at the Xenogears Large theme game. Even when AFB was making 5-6 post combos raging at you in NY 167, the Sangres post count was always higher, and the majority of those posts were mine. That changed on the final day with the gunsmith reveal and RC's faked cop guilty. In other words, I can and do manipulate my post count as scum sometimes.

The observation about engaging probably has some truth, but it's a subtle thing that could easily be lost in the noise in my games, because I go silent frequently as town, too, especially when a lot is happening in the game thread. Observing without jostling what's going on too much is sometimes pretty revealing. I think you probably understand the reasons for that technique because you also employ it.

So, I'm left with the task of figuring out if your waiting game this time had town or scum motivation, because your wait/pounce style of play should work well for both alignments.

You
Sound of Silence
Sound of Silence
Mafia Scum
Sound of Silence
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:20 am

^^ Xenoblade, not Xenogears.
Sound of Silence
Sound of Silence
Mafia Scum
Sound of Silence
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:25 am

In post 408, XScorpion wrote:Rank has been absent for basically the whole game. Do his thoughts differ from yours significantly?
Also, is this typical of your hydra?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”