pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:01 pm

Post by pieguyn »

or for anyone who's watching you can just look at this part
In post 256, BROseidon wrote:I assumed that the anime hasn't gotten as far as the manga, so that someone watching only the anime might not have known how that arc would have ended.
AHAH THIS IS A BLATANT CONTRADICTION
if you assumed that someone watching only the anime wouldn't know how the arc ended, then where did you get the idea that I knew how it ended as indicated by the fact that you pushed on me for misrepping the flavor?
get off your wagons and vote BRO with me already
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:03 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 322, Kagami wrote:
In post 320, BROseidon wrote:
In post 317, Kagami wrote:@Kaze: pretty much the entire town had posted something between my saying it was not conventional and revealing its meaning, and I think they'd have spoken up. Bro's point about that is likely false. The are also flavor reasons for my belief.
Scum not knowing about the weak mechanic/modifier would be gamebreakingly bad modding.

I highly doubt that got through 4 people.
I have a response to that, but I'm already toeing the line with mod spec. I think it's possible.
I'd be very upset with that:

Muffin: what you're seeing is why my mislynch rate is over 50% (I think; it might actually be a bit lower), but also why Death's Diner is the only game I've ever lost while not getting mislynched. I'm a fairly hyper-aggressive player, especially when I start getting a sense of the gamestate early.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:06 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 308, zMuffinMan wrote:bro :<

why are you scum this game? :<
YES I KNEW IT AHAHA
wanna vote BRO with us?

inb4 you're scum buddying me like you did to Varsoon @_@
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:11 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 311, zMuffinMan wrote:i'm not really reading bro as scum for individual posts. it's more a body-of-work thing and the underlying tone in the way he responds to things
elaborate plz
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:16 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 324, pieguyn wrote:except it's not bc you made the assumption that I'm familiar enough with the flavor to do smth like that, when there's no basis for that assumption. I could see smth like "oh I would have expected everyone in this game to watch the anime", but yours was based off the fact that I KNEW the manga and p much everything about the flavor. let me break down your argument for you:
You signed up for a themed game. I assumed you knew the flavor, especially after you made a statement regarding the flavor.
In post 324, pieguyn wrote:so what are you trying to imply by this statement?
"I don't like the way you're pushing the Annie flavor based on the anime when the game's based on the manga, with Annie's alignment in the manga being incredibly clear."
you're implying that I am scum who is deliberately pushing the annie flavor based off the anime when the game is based off the manga. however, in order to do this, I have to know the annie flavor in between the game and the manga in the first place. this is bc no one had been discussing the manga AT ALL
"It's like you're simultaneously trying to write-off the flavor while using it to potentially position an attack later."
again, suppose I was scum and I was doing this. then again I would have to know annie's alignment in the manga. there's also the idea that mb it's just me but in USA at least I get the feeling there's not very many people who even read manga, so I srsly don't get where this assumption comes from at all

there's also this one
"when the game's based on the manga"
which was demonstrated to be false, although idk if it was intentional. although I really don't care atm
So what you're saying is that I'm attacking you for not knowing flavor, and not something that's alignment indicative.

When what I pointed out was that you were using it as a tool to POSTURE AROUND BERT. You're focusing in on my flavor accusation, and not the fact that you were posturing against Bert.

So why don't you address that point.

And plenty of people in the US read manga. I probably have a bias towards thinking more people do, given that I do and all my friends do.
In post 324, pieguyn wrote:WOW MASSIVE DERP LOL. ok it makes more sense now

the last sentence is the most random ass assumption I've ever seen. the fact I didn't catch you referring back to that point indicates I'm not aware that BS = Brian. you're assuming that this comes from a scum motivation (BS reasons), rather than showing WHY it comes from a scum motivation as opposed to smth else (not realizing BS = brian). I can't really explain this any further beyond the fact I didn't know BS was referring to brian skies as opposed to bullshit. however, bc you didn't explain why, I get the feeling you knew I didn't have any explanation and were just trying to paint me as scummy
Why should I assume that you didn't fake missing BS=Brian, trying to pass it off as bullshit?

Especially given that after you admitted to sheeping on flavor, I traced that thought process back to Brian. Which would imply that you would remember that Brian had given it to you, which would in turn indicate that your trajectory is falling apart somewhere, given that you couldn't remember that your flavor trajectory started with BS.

You're a smart player. That's not a mistake I'd expect you to make.

Re the contradiction:

It's not a difference between the texts; it's an assumed level of progression (Annie appears to be a good guy, then it's ambiguous for a while, then it turns out she's pretty clearly evil). I assumed that the anime is somewhere in that middle phase, whereas the manga is obviously further along.
In post 324, pieguyn wrote:I find statements like this to be generally defensive bc by saying what I'm going to do next and painting it in a scummy light ("play off") you're trying to manipulate me into not responding or otherwise giving a response that isn't the natural continuation from your arguments. it also comes from a scum motivation in that you don't want me to give said natural response and thus continue the 1v1 further. so yes, you are trying to brush me off. it's the same deal as you completely dodging my arguments when I first pushed on you. no, I'm not going to let you cover it up
It's me pre-empting what your next step as scum would be, and me countering it before you make it.

I did the same think to Katsuki/mastin in Anything Goes, but everyone was too busy throwing the game to listen to me on it.
In post 324, pieguyn wrote:fuck that. while I can see this very reasonably coming from a town POV, this also feels defensive. it also fits with all the other statements you've made from a scum POV in that you're trying to manipulate me into not continuing the 1v1 with you
Oh yes, I don't want a 1v1 with you SO BADLY that I'm intentionally antagonizing you and counter-walling your wall.

Obviously.

Wait...
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:30 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 315, Kazekirimaru wrote:
In post 284, Tammy wrote: Scum probs don't have day talk.
Why not?

I was parroting muffin. He sounds smart.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:31 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 329, BROseidon wrote:When what I pointed out was that you were using it as a tool to POSTURE AROUND BERT. You're focusing in on my flavor accusation, and not the fact that you were posturing against Bert.

So why don't you address that point.
the point is if I was willfully and knowingly posturing around Bert they I would HAVE TO BE FAMILIAR ENOUGH WITH THE FLAVOR TO KNOW ANNIE'S MANGA ALIGNMENT, SINCE NO ONE HAD BROUGHT UP THE MANGA AT ALL. YOU WERE THE FIRST TO DO THAT. THERE WAS NO REFERENCE OF THE MANGA BEFORE YOU BROUGHT IT UP
In post 329, BROseidon wrote:Especially given that after you admitted to sheeping on flavor, I traced that thought process back to Brian. Which would imply that you would remember that Brian had given it to you, which would in turn indicate that your trajectory is falling apart somewhere, given that you couldn't remember that your flavor trajectory started with BS.
I don't call Brian BS, I call him Brian. I get confused and I basically go "wait what" every time someone calls him BS . as I said, if you really are town, feel free to not believe it. but the way you're pushing on this makes me think you knew I wouldn't have a good answer for this question, and are trying to paint me as scummy
In post 329, BROseidon wrote:It's me pre-empting what your next step as scum would be, and me countering it before you make it.
except it's the next step I'd take as town. you're not explaining WHY said action comes from a scum POV, as opposed to a town POV. you're not countering anything. you're trying to box me in
In post 329, BROseidon wrote:Oh yes, I don't want a 1v1 with you SO BADLY that I'm intentionally antagonizing you and counter-walling your wall.
your posts are manipulative as fuck. you're trying to stop me from attacking you back.
In post 329, BROseidon wrote:It's not a difference between the texts; it's an assumed level of progression (Annie appears to be a good guy, then it's ambiguous for a while, then it turns out she's pretty clearly evil). I assumed that the anime is somewhere in that middle phase, whereas the manga is obviously further along.
THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE ACTUAL CONTRADICTION AND YOU KNOW IT. THE CONTRADICTION IS, YOU WERE MAKING PUSHES ON ME THAT ONLY WORK ON THE ASSUMPTION THAT I KNOW THE FLAVOR, WHEN YOU STATED JUST NOW YOU WERE ASSUMING THERE WERE PEOPLE WHO HAD WATCHED THE ANIME BUT NOT THE MANGA AND THEY WOULDN'T KNOW HOW IT ACTUALLY ENDED. DON'T FUCKING TRY TO WRIGGLE OUT OF THIS
Kazekirimaru
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:37 pm

Post by Kazekirimaru »

Methinks pieguy is town.
Kazekirimaru
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:38 pm

Post by Kazekirimaru »

In post 330, Tammy wrote: I was parroting muffin. He sounds smart.
You're peculiar.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:38 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 331, pieguyn wrote:the point is if I was willfully and knowingly posturing around Bert they I would HAVE TO BE FAMILIAR ENOUGH WITH THE FLAVOR TO KNOW ANNIE'S MANGA ALIGNMENT, SINCE NO ONE HAD BROUGHT UP THE MANGA AT ALL. YOU WERE THE FIRST TO DO THAT. THERE WAS NO REFERENCE OF THE MANGA BEFORE YOU BROUGHT IT UP
Other than in the post that says "this game's flavor is based on the manga [and other things that I assumed were roughly the same]
In post 331, pieguyn wrote:I don't call Brian BS, I call him Brian. I get confused and I basically go "wait what" every time someone calls him BS . as I said, if you really are town, feel free to not believe it. but the way you're pushing on this makes me think you knew I wouldn't have a good answer for this question, and are trying to paint me as scummy
So you just forgot where you got your idea of the flavor from? Like, it's fine if you don't call him BS, but to then NOT REMEMBER THAT BRIAN GAVE YOU THE IDEA OF FLAVOR, AND THAT I WAS CLEARLY REFERRING TO A SPECIFIC PERSON seems like a little much.
In post 331, pieguyn wrote:except it's the next step I'd take as town. you're not explaining WHY said action comes from a scum POV, as opposed to a town POV. you're not countering anything. you're trying to box me in
It comes from a scum POV given that your initial posturing comes from a scum POV (there's no reason for town to posture like that around a miller claim), and that you've manipulated my words in a way that I wouldn't expect town-you to do. Call it burden of proficiency if you'd like.
In post 331, pieguyn wrote:your posts are manipulative as fuck. you're trying to stop me from attacking you back.
No, I don't care whether you attack me. I'm simultaneously posting to attack you, and to show everyone else why you're scum.
In post 331, pieguyn wrote:THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE ACTUAL CONTRADICTION AND YOU KNOW IT. THE CONTRADICTION IS, YOU WERE MAKING PUSHES ON ME THAT ONLY WORK ON THE ASSUMPTION THAT I KNOW THE FLAVOR, WHEN YOU STATED JUST NOW YOU WERE ASSUMING THERE WERE PEOPLE WHO HAD WATCHED THE ANIME BUT NOT THE MANGA AND THEY WOULDN'T KNOW HOW IT ACTUALLY ENDED. DON'T FUCKING TRY TO WRIGGLE OUT OF THIS
Wat.

That's not a contradiction.

Other people weren't using it to posture a future attack. You were.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:40 pm

Post by F-16_Fighting_Falcon »

In post 315, Kazekirimaru wrote:Mostly a gut thing. Reading the posts around that point I kept thinking "ehhhh, I'm voting for F-16, right?" and I wasn't. So, I rectified that.

Your response quoted above is odd. "Why do you not like me? Look at all this stuff I did! Look at what they did!!!" I don't like the tone.
Except you don't really address anything I said in my post. How do you come to a conclusion that either Myk or Dan are town based off their posts?
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:42 pm

In post 325, pieguyn wrote:get off your wagons and vote BRO with me already
What are your thoughts about Dan?
Kazekirimaru
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:48 pm

Post by Kazekirimaru »

In post 335, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote: Except you don't really address anything I said in my post. How do you come to a conclusion that either Myk or Dan are town based off their posts?
I don't think the word "gut" is registering to you.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:50 pm

In post 337, Kazekirimaru wrote:I don't think the word "gut" is registering to you.
I read that you said "gut" the first time but it seems like an easy excuse to not engage with my arguments.
Kazekirimaru
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:52 pm

Post by Kazekirimaru »

Well, that's all I got for now.
Bert
Bert
Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra
Bert

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:57 pm

Post by Bert »

I'm not caught up, but from the looks of this, we are having a very productive D1. Bravo. <333333333
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:58 pm

I think you are being evasive. I laid out all the reasons why both Mykonian and ActionDan were playing anti-town and scummy and they responded with "don't let scum cajole you" or were busted as having no case. Your response is to ignore all that and say "gut" which seems like a convenient scum excuse to throw your vote wherever you want without having to account for it.
pitoli
pitoli
Mafia Scum
pitoli
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:00 pm

Post by pitoli »

Vc here when im less frosted
Kazekirimaru
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:01 pm

Post by Kazekirimaru »

In post 341, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:I think you are being evasive. I laid out all the reasons why both Mykonian and ActionDan were playing anti-town and scummy and they responded with "don't let scum cajole you" or were busted as having no case. Your response is to ignore all that and say "gut" which seems like a convenient scum excuse to throw your vote wherever you want without having to account for it.
I trust myself more than anyone else. I'm the only one whose alignment I'm certain of.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:01 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

tammy wrote:I was parroting muffin. He sounds smart.
i'd probably want to lynch you for this if i was an advocate for LAL
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:06 pm

Muffin, what do you think of Kaze? I find his evasiveness scummy.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:08 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

he could be scum. i'm not particularly interested in lynching him today, though. ask me again if we're all alive D3.
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:08 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 344, zMuffinMan wrote:
tammy wrote:I was parroting muffin. He sounds smart.
i'd probably want to lynch you for this if i was an advocate for LAL
lol
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:09 pm

Post by Bert »

I'm not caught up with the last 10 pages, but -->>
In post 343, Kazekirimaru wrote:I trust myself more than anyone else. I'm the only one whose alignment I'm certain of.
This post seems like Kaze feels backed into a corner when there isn't enough pressure to warrant that kinda feeling coming out of his posts
Kazekirimaru
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:10 pm

Post by Kazekirimaru »

Still town.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”