Mini 1536 - Silph Co. Reverse Mafia (Game Over)

Paschendale
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:53 am

Post by Paschendale »

In post 69, TierShift wrote:Unlike you, I do agree with bulba that there is possibly/probably (what's the word I'm looking for here?) is a scum on the wagon. Like, it's not a very strong clue, but it's something at a point in time where we have nothing else.
Why do you think this and why is it any different from randomly picking a lynch pool?
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:59 am

Post by Maxous »

In post 56, Psyche wrote:
You say this statement isn't implying suspicion. So the question remains: What was the point of this statement?
nearly the same as #55
:neutral:
so you're saying you were reaction testing RBD.
nope.

cximlee #66 is a bad semantics based attack. - I might vote him.
In post 74, TierShift wrote:Yes, so far Pasch is the most likely player to be scum. I call it semi-serious because although I vote my biggest suspect, I'm not at all sure that he is actually scum.
I don't think so. It's page 3 and Pasch writes a wall detailing his thoughts on practically every player. He attacked 5 of them.
There was no need to do that and it's actually stepping into dangerous territory if scum.
Also I believe #14 was sarcasm.
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:06 am

Post by Psyche »

so you're saying you were reaction testing RBD.
woah you are dense
You can't step in the same river twice.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:07 am

Post by Psyche »

in general, maxous, why do you think people ask people questions?
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:43 am

Post by Espeonage »

Vote Count

Whiskers:
Kenobi
Empking:
Bulbazak, IH (L-5)
Paschendale:
Dry-fit, TierShift (L-5)
Psyche:
Maxous
Bulbazak:
Empking, Paschendale (L-5)
Kenobi:
Rainbowdash
Not Voting: cxinlee, Psyche, Whiskers, Zekrom25

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
Don't @ me.
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:52 am

Post by TierShift »

In post 75, Paschendale wrote:
In post 69, TierShift wrote:Unlike you, I do agree with bulba that there is possibly/probably (what's the word I'm looking for here?) is a scum on the wagon. Like, it's not a very strong clue, but it's something at a point in time where we have nothing else.
Why do you think this and why is it any different from randomly picking a lynch pool?
Scum sheep. A lot. When a wagon builds very quickly without reason (even in rvs) there is often scum on it.
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:00 am

Post by Maxous »

eh, I should of read #71 more carefully

unvote, vote: cximlee
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:04 am

Post by Maxous »

actually bulb's questions to me make a lot more sense now

:S
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
cxinlee
cxinlee
Goon
cxinlee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:48 pm

Post by cxinlee »

I'll get into this later when I'm on the comp, and oh yes I like attacking word choice and the way things are said.

So deal with it.
Kenobi
Kenobi
Goon
Kenobi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:28 pm

Post by Kenobi »

unvote

vote: Pasch

I'm still fairly new to this, but the fact that you've gone and attacked so many people so early in the game? You seem to be trying to shift suspicion away from yourself. *shrugs*
Paschendale
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:31 pm

Post by Paschendale »

In post 80, TierShift wrote:
In post 75, Paschendale wrote:
Scum sheep. A lot. When a wagon builds very quickly without reason (even in rvs) there is often scum on it.
And just as often not. What if Whiskers were scum? Would you still think that about this wagon? I pointed out exactly this exact point, still on the first page, and yet you think that I'm the scummiest person on the wagon. But then again, I was referring to a wagon with an actual flip. When there would be reason to start analyzing it. Scum could just as easily have been avoiding it to keep their teammate from getting randomly lynched. And on such a quick wagon, the later votes are much more suspect, not the third one.

The more you try to defend this vote on me, the worse it looks. Maybe we should string you up instead of Bulb. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see a scumteam of you, Zekrom, and Kenobi.

Peedit: And Kenobi sheeps his scumbuddy. And points out something that is not at all a scumtell to back it up.

That's 2/3 scum found. I wonder if Zek will pop in and make it a trifecta. Which one should we lynch first?
Paschendale
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:32 pm

Post by Paschendale »

The above question is mainly for Dashie, Maxous, and Empking, whose opinions ought to be listened to.
Kenobi
Kenobi
Goon
Kenobi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:42 pm

Post by Kenobi »

Baaaaaaaa.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:47 pm

Post by Psyche »

And just as often not.
Scum could just as easily have been avoiding it to keep their teammate from getting randomly lynched.
Is the person being randomly lynched just as likely to be scum as town, or is your reasoning not very clearly thought out?
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:51 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

In post 84, Kenobi wrote:
unvote

vote: Pasch

I'm still fairly new to this, but the fact that you've gone and attacked so many people so early in the game? You seem to be trying to shift suspicion away from yourself. *shrugs*
What is the difference from town calling multiple players scum and town calling multiple players scum?
You don't earn
loyalty
in a day. You earn it day by day
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:52 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

That should be town and scum doing it... you probably knew what I mean though.

You cant just say "because" you actually need to show why its more likely scum motivated if you are going to call it a tell here.
You don't earn
loyalty
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:25 pm

Post by Maxous »

In post 83, cxinlee wrote:I'll get into this later when I'm on the comp, and oh yes I like attacking word choice and the way things are said.

So deal with it.
Fine, explain why empking's comment was scummy and worth questioning so.
In post 86, Paschendale wrote:The above question is mainly for Dashie, Maxous, and Empking, whose opinions ought to be listened to.
between tiershift, kenobi and zekrom?
zekrom.

(also A+ on the ego stroke :D )

and yeah I would be rather surprised if Pasch is scum tbh.
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:46 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 68, Paschendale wrote: Actually, I don't like Bulb's reactions at all. What does he mean "natural reaction"? That sounds like empty buzzword talk to me. And he is, as above, wrong about Empking and Psyche saying the same things.
I'm saying Empking's reaction to my vote is uncharacteristic of his play. He completely overreacted and got really defensive over some simple pressure, which culminated in an OMGUS. Keep in mind, Empking is generally a more laid back player. So why does he freak out all of a sudden? Hence, it's an unnatural reaction.
In post 68, Paschendale wrote: Why does Empking and Psyche talking about the same thing in different ways mean that one is scum?
They essentially commented on the night action, only in this case, we weren't dealing with a night action but a conf. town claim that anybody with a modicum of experience would know was early game BS.
In post 70, Paschendale wrote:I wanted to avoid giving null reads.
Why?
In post 73, Rainbowdash wrote: @Bulb - Why is scum more likely to fish like Emp/Psych did than town are? When you say "its town to not do anything" right after you did and then start saying "all who didn't do what I did" are scummy that one rubs me the wrong way. I think im actually MORE prone to go out of my way to do the "Town" thing after something like that happens, especially if somepony else has already pressed the issue because its the "Town" thing to do. Your logic just seems based on a core WIFOM concept when confused town could be just as likely to do the same thing. Yes I made a few notes on the ones who pushed the issue, but that's about it really.
I'm looking at what they did as similar to commenting on the NK, or something else that is fairly obvious. Both players are not new to this game. They each have at least a year and a half of experience, which means they've seen that type of comment before and know it means nothing. The fact that they both said something means that they were concerned about something in particular. As scum, that would be trying to look townie incredibly early. Is it a rock solid tell? No. But it is something to start with and see where it goes. And in this case, Empking, a generally stoic player, has completely flipped out over a single bit of pressure. Feels like scum freaking out over being caught over something so stupid to me.
In post 85, Paschendale wrote: The more you try to defend this vote on me, the worse it looks. Maybe we should string you up instead of Bulb. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see a scumteam of you, Zekrom, and Kenobi.
Yes, threaten him. Because that's the way to earn town points.

@Maxous: I think you're wrong. I think scum Pasch would absolutely take solid stances on either side, instead of expressing a null, which means that he doesn't know. After all, it's more about appearing to have reads, rather than actually having them.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
Zekrom25
Zekrom25
Goon
Zekrom25
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:57 pm

Post by Zekrom25 »

tbh i think some are trying to bait others
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:54 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

In post 92, Bulbazak wrote:I'm looking at what they did as similar to commenting on the NK, or something else that is fairly obvious.
How are those two things similar? I see their comments more along the line of in an open with a known cop asking if its a guilty result on a D2 snap vote with no other words.

While Psych reaction is a little more annoying, I have absolutely zero problem with what Emp said to start because its far more of a legitimate question to know if the mod put public information in the game that he didn't see, or forgot to put public information into the game, etc.

Either way, I think calling either of them scum for it is a reach. It would like saying the players who didn't comment on it are scum because they are doing the intentionally townie thing.

I really would like a Ken wagon here.
You don't earn
loyalty
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:25 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 94, Rainbowdash wrote:
In post 92, Bulbazak wrote:I'm looking at what they did as similar to commenting on the NK, or something else that is fairly obvious.
How are those two things similar?
I just see it as commenting on something that is obvious or doesn't need addressing, mainly to seem town. Maybe that's just the impression I got. Regardless, I felt it was good enough to pressure on, and I didn't like Emp's reaction.

As for Ken, I'm not sure whether his posts are indicative of being scum or just being new.

Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:29 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

In post 95, Bulbazak wrote:
In post 94, Rainbowdash wrote:
How are those two things similar?
I just see it as commenting on something that is obvious or doesn't need addressing, mainly to seem town.
I thought you were saying town wouldn't comment on it though... not that it matters but it seems that your reason for the push was just arbitrary and you are trying to hide the fact that it actually was.

Ken votes would be good here, and im surprised that you actually are ignoring him since he is still pushing for more from what I said and is staying far to the sides of everything. The you and Psych exchange was "interesting" and then he moved the vote to Pasch for "attacking too many" without much anything else with it.
You don't earn
loyalty
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:44 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

Yeah, the reason kinda was arbitrary, but I'm not going to say so while I'm pressuring for that reason. I liked Psyche's response. It felt town. Emp's, however, did not.

TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:04 pm

Post by TierShift »

In post 85, Paschendale wrote:
In post 80, TierShift wrote: Scum sheep. A lot. When a wagon builds very quickly without reason (even in rvs) there is often scum on it.
And just as often not. What if Whiskers were scum? Would you still think that about this wagon? I pointed out exactly this exact point, still on the first page, and yet you think that I'm the scummiest person on the wagon. But then again, I was referring to a wagon with an actual flip. When there would be reason to start analyzing it. Scum could just as easily have been avoiding it to keep their teammate from getting randomly lynched. And on such a quick wagon, the later votes are much more suspect, not the third one.
Even if Whiskers were scum, such a quick wagon is suspicious. Scum bus, especially during RVS.
The more you try to defend this vote on me, the worse it looks. Maybe we should string you up instead of Bulb. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see a scumteam of you, Zekrom, and Kenobi.

Peedit: And Kenobi sheeps his scumbuddy. And points out something that is not at all a scumtell to back it up.

That's 2/3 scum found. I wonder if Zek will pop in and make it a trifecta. Which one should we lynch first?
Ok my vote goes from semi-serious to serious. I find your defensivity concerning.

You imply that I should not defend my vote on you, without giving actual reasons for it, you just say it looks scummy. That's AtF.

Then, you call me scum, with the guys that are playing their first game here. That's pretty damn low. I think these guys belong in the Newbie forum, but don't try to mix up newbieness with scumminess here.

If you think that I'm scum, vote me, not bulba.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:25 pm

Post by Espeonage »

bump