Mini 1536 - Silph Co. Reverse Mafia (Game Over)

Kenobi
Kenobi
Goon
Kenobi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:12 pm

Post by Kenobi »

How, exactly, do I "step it up"? This is my first game. I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing here.

Also, yes Bulba that's what I meant.
cxinlee
cxinlee
Goon
cxinlee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:18 pm

Post by cxinlee »

In post 113, Paschendale wrote: Cx and IH, where you at?
Huh? If you are referring to activity, why didn't you just wait until I was prodded?

Also, usually I check the computer once per day, just to let everyone know my activity.

Kenobi, regardless of whether you're a newb or not, you don't seem to be even trying to scumhunt at all.

You step it up by actually putting some effort into the game. Also reading through other games should help.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:23 pm

Post by Espeonage »

Vote Count

Empking:
Bulbazak, IH
Paschendale:
Dry-fit
Bulbazak:
Empking
Kenobi:
Rainbowdash, Paschendale, cxinlee (L-4)
cxinlee:
Maxous
Not Voting:
Psyche, Whiskers, Kenobi, Zekrom25, TierShift

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
Don't @ me.
Kenobi
Kenobi
Goon
Kenobi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:44 pm

Post by Kenobi »

Okay, I've actually been reading everyone's posts in ISO and trying, as cxin so eloquently put it, to "step up"; it seems like Zekrom's sheeping pretty hard. Every time I do something, he follows a few posts later. Not sure why me specifically, unless he's trying to use my bumbling to hide himself; in which case, wouldn't that make him more likely to be scum? YMMV, but that's what I'm seeing.

Vote: Zekrom
Zekrom25
Zekrom25
Goon
Zekrom25
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:22 pm

Post by Zekrom25 »

going after me without actual reasoning behind it when i provided good reasons behind my vote ( after i unvoted ) seems to be a scum-like thing to do at this point in the game.

VOTE Kenobi
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:16 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 122, Paschendale wrote:
In post 120, Bulbazak wrote:You have already shown an uncanny sense of self-awareness, which is indicative of scum. I don't think I'm off here at all.
Or, you know, I'm just a persuasive speaker and not oblivious to how I sound. I think a better question than why am I like that is why aren't you?
The crap kind of answer is this?
In post 123, cxinlee wrote:Okay finally I got some net time on my comp.

Acknowledging that my point on Empking was weak, since he was trying, as Pasch said, to echo the phrasing used by Bulb.

Kenobi sidelining and not bothering to scumhunt is lame, only bothering to make a post with content after he is attacked.

Zekrom25, can you answer your questions about the vote on pasch? And I’m slow, how was his post a bait?

VOTE: Kenobi
If you’re town, step it up. If you’re scum, I request nothing of you.
Okay, I'm confused. Do you think that Ken is scum or not? Because your language doesn't seem to indicate that.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:24 pm

Post by Whiskers »

Am I replaced yet?
Please don't replace me.
K thx.
Reading.
Integrity, Pride, Confidence, Anger, and Truth.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:33 pm

Post by Psyche »

I made a theoretical breakthrough on the train today that will take me beyond the recognition model of scumhunting to something a bit more substantive, based on Richard Lazarus's theory of emotion and adaptation.

Going to sleep now...
You can't step in the same river twice.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:52 pm

Post by Whiskers »

In post 60, Bulbazak wrote:
In post 53, Rainbowdash wrote:Why? Seems like forcing a dilemma here.
Experience/Gut.
Dude, I'm totally gonna lynch you.
In post 68, Paschendale wrote:Dashie is not conftown, though looks towny from her actions.
W-what!? "Actions"?! RainbowDash has made like, two posts up to that point. You'r freaking kidding me if you're telling me she has "townie" "actions".
In post 92, Bulbazak wrote:They each have at least a year and a half of experience, which means they've seen that type of comment before and know it means nothing.
I have not seen that type of comment before.

In post 109, Zekrom25 wrote:
UNVOTE

i'll see where this is headed before i vote again
Oooh, but I really like
this
for scum, too!
Ohm nom nom, delicious newbscum.

In post 112, Paschendale wrote:They should be in Newbie games instead.
HALLELUGHEIYIA!

Why
do newbies keep coming and skipping the newbie games?? Most of they time, they really, Really need to get the 'suck' beaten out of them before playing in a regular game.

In post 117, Zekrom25 wrote:i think Paschendale is trying to keep suspicion off him
Yeah because arguing a lot and making great big walls and making sure that everybody remembers you and not staying low to the ground and making unpopular accusations that make people vote for you

is
totally
scum.
In post 129, Zekrom25 wrote:going after me without actual reasoning behind it when i provided good reasons behind my vote ( after i unvoted ) seems to be a scum-like thing to do at this point in the game.

VOTE Kenobi
Lol.
Nope.
He gave
actual
reasons. Your "good reasons" weren't good. They were crap.
This blatant and obvious OMGUS makes me happy. Because it means I can feel safe and secure voting for you.

If you'd like to discuss your "good reasons" to vote Pasch, I'll gladly tell you why they are not good, but actually suck-- just ask me. I'm happy to help out a newbscum.

Vote: Zekrom25
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:53 pm

Post by TierShift »

The fuck.

It's page 6 and we seem to already have settled for lynching a newbie. I really, really don't understand.
Lynching them will give us hardly anything to work off day 2, even if they were to flip scum. What's more, they'll probably give away their alignment at some point in time anyway.

I think it's highly scummy to opt for a lynch on a weaker player that is not showing their alignment, just showing a whole shitton of newbieness. And I don't think they have really shown their alignment so far, they did scummy things because they are newbies.They probably won't be able to defend themselves and scum knows that.

Latest posts have made Zekrom null and ken a vwry slight scumread for me, ftr. I don't think they are scum together in like, ever.

Most opportunistic votes on newbies so far are by cxinlee and whiskers, with whiskers's vote being the most awkward since it's the only input we have from him.

VOTE: whiskers
Zekrom25
Zekrom25
Goon
Zekrom25
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:57 pm

Post by Zekrom25 »

In post 125, Kenobi wrote:How, exactly, do I "step it up"? This is my first game. I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing here.

Also, yes Bulba that's what I meant.
if you're looking for newbscum Kenobi here is a good newbscum
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:13 pm

Post by Whiskers »

Idk, Kenobi looks like he's getting a grasp of the game pretty well. A little irritated, maybe because he's getting conflicting messages from different players.

But no. Kenobi is not "newbscum." I think he'll shape up in to a nice, strapping, young townie before too long.

So tell me, Zekrom, please, go over it with me again. Why do you think Ken is scum?
cxinlee
cxinlee
Goon
cxinlee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:50 am

Post by cxinlee »

Bulb: Actually, null scum. While I didn’t like his actions (Like basically doing nothing), I was aware of this being his first game, and so it was possible he was just being newbish. I voted him mainly to pressurize him to get working.
Paschendale
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:22 am

Post by Paschendale »

I like Kenobi's 128. And I hate everything Zek did in response.

Whiskers' comments about this are, as expected, spot on. I'm glad you finally make it, Whiskers. I missed you.

TierShift's responses are completely wrong in every regard. No one is settling. The more experienced players, who recognize how newbies act both as scum and as town. New players roll scum sometimes. There are no policy lynches being advocated. TS needs to get off this whole "we can't lynch newbies" thing. Though he's probably buddies with one of them and is fairly new himself. So I can see the conflict of interest.

Let me expound. Zek's response to Ken voting for him was an OMGUS. Is OMGUS a scum tell? A town tell? A newb tell? A newb town tell? A newb scum tell? Which is it? It's all of them, really. The same action can have different motivations based on how it is done. In my experience, an OMGUS is often a newb town tell. New town players get into the mindset that they are wholly righteous and that the game has pretty clear delineations between town and scum. They don't expect to be lynched by a group of town, and only pursued by mustache twirling villains. Those kinds of OMGUS are emotional, often angry and sometimes betrayed. The idea is that they know that they're town, so only scum could possibly try to paint them as not. That kind of OMGUS is usually an indicator of an inexperienced player who rolled town.

But that's not what Zek did. He said that the vote lacked "actual reasoning", which is an outright lie, and "seems to be a scum-like thing to do at this point in the game" which is an extremely careful thing to say. It is not emotional and outraged. It is conditional. It's not scummy, it just seems scum-like. It wouldn't be scummy all the time, just at this point in the game. That's a decision, not a reaction. An OMGUS reaction is usually towny. An OMGUS decision is far more indicative of scum.

An important thing to understand, TierShift, is not just to see newb tells, but to know which ones are town and which ones are scum.

VOTE: Zekrom

Seriously, all aboard this train. Let's lynch a scum on day 1.
Zekrom25
Zekrom25
Goon
Zekrom25
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:34 am

Post by Zekrom25 »

UNVOTE
Zekrom25
Zekrom25
Goon
Zekrom25
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:45 am

Post by Zekrom25 »

Paschendale i believe you're over thinking this, however even though you are thinking that way i don't know if you're looking for scum or trying to shift suspicion away from both you & Kenobi
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:14 am

Post by Maxous »

right,
of the 3 newer players kenobi is the one that comes across as most town. His two votes strike me as genuine and I feel like he is reacting to the kind of behaviour that newer town players generally react to. (going after the most aggressive player for example)
Zekrom by comparison is rather more awkward in his approach in general, particularly his vote in #129. His vote on Whiskers and his #118 is a bit ugh too.
I am fairly confident Tiershift is town.
even more confident Pasch is town.

I *do* like the manner in which Cx approached and voted kenobi(particulary #137), but I'm keeping my vote there until
@cxinlee
explains why he thought Empking's earlier comment was scummy in the first place and stop attempting to sweep the issue under the rug.

I think Whiskers is town for #133, not so much for the content but for the tone of the entire post if that makes sense.

Of the experienced players it is Dry-Fit and/or RBD that strikes me as the most likely to be scum.

I know this is basically a summary of thoughts instead of something more useful but little has struck me as very scummy so far.
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:31 am

Post by TierShift »

I was gonna respond that we shouldn't lynch newbies when we aren't really sure about their alignments because we won't have nothing to work off but dayumm they keep on being more and more scummy.
Ugh. Perhaps you were just earlier to see that than me. I'm gonna drop the issue.

Whiskers, my vote still resides with you. Could you comment more on the state of matters here instead of picking solely at one newbie, no matter how scummy he may be?

Max, why do you think RBD is scum?

Reads:
Town -max, pasch, bulb
Null/town-emp, rbd
Null-IH, dryfit (where you 2 at?), psyche
Null/scum-zekrom, kenobi, whiskers, cxinlee
Scum- anyone is free to apply here
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:46 am

Post by Maxous »

In post 73, Rainbowdash wrote:
unvote
Vote Ken

That is far more scummy than anything that Emp/Psych did with respect to fishing. He is also completely ignoring the serious game conversation to make those comments at this point,
so that's where the wagon needs to take off.
In post 94, Rainbowdash wrote:
I really would like a Ken wagon here.
In post 96, Rainbowdash wrote:
Ken votes would be good here
, and im surprised that you actually are ignoring him since he is still pushing for more from what I said and is staying far to the sides of everything. The you and Psych exchange was "interesting" and then he moved the vote to Pasch for "attacking too many" without much anything else with it.
I'm bolding the language he is using that feels off.
I feel like he was being overly-aggressive towards a newer player
based on little
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:54 am

Post by Whiskers »

Holy cats, Pasch! I hadn't even put that much thought into it. You make yourself look good, there.
In post 142, TierShift wrote:Whiskers, my vote still resides with you. Could you comment more on the state of matters here instead of picking solely at one newbie, no matter how scummy he may be?
Ehhh... no. And I don't say that to be dickish, I mean I really am not following anything else, don't understand any of the other things well enough, to feel comfortable talking about them. The way I play, I like to hit hard and fast-- Zek is someone I can hit hard. And fast.

There was a thing with, Empking and, who, Bulbazak? And someone else? About "why are you confirmed town" and how one was scummier than the other. I didn't really see either one of the posts as scummy, and I thought Bulba was reading way too much into it. Ultimately, he started a fight just to start a fight.
And as I type that out, I'm thinking, "what the hell is actually so bad about that?" It's Day 1, after all. Big Stupid Argument jumpstarts the game. And Scum, as a principle, don't want to draw attention to themselves, so why start a fight?

Sooooo. Yeap. Null reads all around, I guess?
I'm wary of Kenobi. Mainly, because he looks good. If you're good, you're harder to catch as scum. I'm wary of him.
Eh, also I'm having trouble remembering players, or remembering anything they did. Let me play a little while longer.
Or, ask me specific questions.
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:58 am

Post by Dry-fit »

Whiskers wrote:I'm wary of Kenobi. Mainly, because he looks good.
I don't mean any offense here Kenobi, but really?
TierShift wrote:Lynching them will give us hardly anything to work off day 2, even if they were to flip scum. What's more, they'll probably give away their alignment at some point in time anyway.
I've got news for you, Zekrom already has. He's scum. I'm also not sure just how much of a newbie he is. His whole response to Pasch's play has been off. Especially post , a post that's seems to be looking to curry favor with a player who was his top suspect previously and who he still seems to suspect.

@Zekrom: Why did you unvote Pasch?

I'm also not liking cxinlee's Kenobi vote:
cxinlee wrote:VOTE: Kenobi
If you’re town, step it up. If you’re scum, I request nothing of you.
Putting the onus on Kenobi to prove he's town when he's a new player under pressure is just setting him up to fail.

Actually I think cxinlee is a little more likely to be scum.

unvote.
Vote: cxinlee.
Andy Murray: Two time Wimbledon and one time US Open Champ! Former world number 1!

C'mon Andy!
Zekrom25
Zekrom25
Goon
Zekrom25
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:42 am

Post by Zekrom25 »

In post 145, Dry-fit wrote:
Zekrom25: Why did you unvote Pasch?
still not enough facts yet to determine which side Pasch is on
Paschendale
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:00 am

Post by Paschendale »

In post 142, TierShift wrote:I was gonna respond that we shouldn't lynch newbies when we aren't really sure about their alignments because we won't have nothing to work off but dayumm they keep on being more and more scummy.
Ugh. Perhaps you were just earlier to see that than me. I'm gonna drop the issue.

Whiskers, my vote still resides with you. Could you comment more on the state of matters here instead of picking solely at one newbie, no matter how scummy he may be?
So then who SHOULD we be lynching if not the scummy newbie? Who is scummier than that? Why?

And if you think that Zek is scummy, why the hell are you accusing Whiskers for thinking the same thing?
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:19 am

Post by Empking »

Whiskers read on Ken is the same as mine, which is a good town-sign.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:28 am

Post by TierShift »

As you can see, I said that I've dropped the issue since I find both newbies (especially zekrom) to be scummy now. I'm fine with you voting for zekrom.

I vote Whiskers mainly for the lack of substantial game content while making an extensively case on an easy lynch target, however scummy.
This is a vote that could possibly change but so far it just feels like whiskers is going with the flow and not trying to find scum amongst more experienced players.

You could also vote cxinlee for the opportunistic play but as I said the zekrom vote is fine.

@Max: thanks for the elaboration, makes sense.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”