Thor665 (L-2):
Surye | huateasa | vonflare
TeedyKay (L-4):
SalmonellaDreams
vonflare (L-3):
Thor665 | Ulysses96

Not Voting:
masky, TeedyKay

With 9 alive, it takes 5 votes to lynch.

The deadline is Janurary 19, 3:30 PM EST.
Countdown: (expired on 2014-01-19 15:30:00)
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Karlos4
Karlos4
Townie
Karlos4
Townie
Townie

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:34 am

Post by Karlos4 »

I think Salmonella is trying to deflect votes and straying them away from his mafia friend vonflare. I believe he and vonflare are the mafia guys because of their VERY suspicious behaviour and all of the reasons that you guys stated above.
VOTE: vonflare
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:42 am

Post by Thor665 »

What's so suspicious about their behavior?
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:12 am

Post by vonflare »

alright, I see that somehow I have managed to annoy everyone.

UNVOTE:

To be honest, I have no idea who's scum and who's town. I am just voting whoever seems stand-out-ish.

to me, everyone seems town. That's the truth. so what do I do?
THIS POST IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:30 am

Post by vonflare »

In post 76, Karlos4 wrote:I think Salmonella is trying to deflect votes and straying them away from his mafia friend vonflare. I believe he and vonflare are the mafia guys because of their VERY suspicious behaviour and all of the reasons that you guys stated above.
and another thing...

You said something about that fish guy and me being scumbuddies.

Obviously this is false, but why did you vote ME, instead of the other guy you accused...?

just wondering on your logic. did you flip a coin or something, or was there a reason? because if I thought two were scummy, I would vote the more experienced one (fish guy) instead.

It could be possible that fish guy and karlos are scumbuddies, so when karlos lynches me and I flip town, it gives fish guy town cred and the mafia a free mislynch.

thoughts?
THIS POST IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:31 am

Post by vonflare »

oh yeah. and

VOTE: karlos4
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:48 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 78, vonflare wrote:alright, I see that somehow I have managed to annoy everyone.

UNVOTE:

To be honest, I have no idea who's scum and who's town. I am just voting whoever seems stand-out-ish.

to me, everyone seems town. That's the truth. so what do I do?
You didn't answer the question I asked you.
I *do* mostly talk just to hear myself and be proud of how sexy I sound.
But sometimes my questions involve scumhunting, and I'd like them answered. Could you please answer the questions now?

To restate them for you in case you have forgotten them;

Do you think the accusation [that Thor is overblowing town mistakes] is true?

Also, what do you think of my reply to the accusation wherein I called him a liar who had to back up what he said and I flat out denied it had ever happened? Do you disagree with me on all of that?
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:56 am

Post by vonflare »

1: no.
2: no. I think you are right.

I know what your next question is. "then why did you vote me?"

the answer is because I was just looking for someone to vote for. maybe there was a little OMGUS in there too.

Now what do you think of my theory in post #79? or were you avoiding that question on purpose?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:00 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 78, vonflare wrote:to me, everyone seems town. That's the truth. so what do I do?
This is an IC question, I...think. So I'm answering it as an IC in a different post just in case that helps people organize it, and if not then it makes nothing more difficult.

Okay, first off, I think you're either lying or being silly with this comment. We have players who *haven't even posted yet* are you saying you have a town read on them? Really? The only way that is possible is if you default everyone to town and then just look for scumtells, and even if that is what you do then the default town should be weaker town than people who have done anything remotely townish - so, y'know, just vote the least town looking player, because that's still your scummiest read. Problem solved, and I'm not sure how it was even a problem.

If you're asking the more generic "how do I find scum" question...well, that's a bit of a rabbit hole to answer as people have written entire series of articles about how to find scum, and also entire series about how to, as scum, avoid being found. If there was a clear and perfect answer about finding scum then none of us would still be playing this game.

In my opinion, the core scumhunting tool, is not action (Player X votes Player Y) or even reaction (Player Y is lynched and flips Town Cop) but rather motivation (why did Player X vote Player Y)

I think a lot of players get caught up in action and reaction and forget that Town can do bad plays that result in benefiting scum. Indeed, look at the last few pages of any completed game and you'll probably witness a lot of town players yelling at other town players about how badly they played or how they were the 'fifth scum' or were clearly a hidden traitor role or something of that ilk. It happens. Town will make bad plays. The only way a bad play is a scum play, however, is knowing *why* the bad play happened. If the player in question knew what they were doing was a bad play and did it anyway...that's scummy, that's real scummy.

As an example look at Hasfdojdas in this game.
He has called me out for doing something and voted me over it.
I have countered that I want to know why/how he thinks I'm doing the thing he says I'm doing, and told him that if he can't answer it I will vote him.
I clearly think his play/vote is bad.
But I'm curious to know how/why he came to the idea he had - which is why I'm asking him to back it up.
I'm doing the same sort of thing to you, and to other players. As I get more of this info I will (theoretically) be able to decide correctly if you are town or scum.
And that's how I scumhunt.
...well, that and a lot of repetition and yelling and demands to be sheeped because my beard is magical and sexy, but a lot of that is actually about getting people lynched, which is different than scumhunting though there is some slop over.

I do other stuff too. And lots of players use totally different methods of varying success rates. It's a bit on you to find the one that works for you better than random chance guessing would, and then try to maximize that skill set.

But having too many town reads is a silly roadblock, and should be easy to overcome, and if all your townreads are totally equal right now then I submit you have none and at that stage just vote the biggest wagon and at see how people react to that.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:02 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 82, vonflare wrote:1: no.

the answer is because I was just looking for someone to vote for. maybe there was a little OMGUS in there too.
:neutral:
Then why did you unvote me the instant anyone questioned you on it?
Also, if you think i am right, why are you okay with Huadsaopjd's lying about what I'm doing and why aren't you asking him about that?
In post 82, vonflare wrote:Now what do you think of my theory in post #79? or were you avoiding that question on purpose?
I think it's too early in the game to feel like discussing partnership theories as I don't see any town value gains coming from the conversation.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:03 am

Post by vonflare »

thank you for that informative IC thing. I will take your advice.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:07 am

Post by vonflare »

In post 84, Thor665 wrote:
In post 82, vonflare wrote:1: no.

Then why did you unvote me the instant anyone questioned you on it?
Also, if you think i am right, why are you okay with Huadsaopjd's lying about what I'm doing and why aren't you asking him about that?
In post 82, vonflare wrote:Now what do you think of my theory in post #79? or were you avoiding that question on purpose?
I think it's too early in the game to feel like discussing partnership theories as I don't see any town value gains coming from the conversation.
well, anyways, I think karlos4 is scum. just look at only his posts, one after the other. He has contributed nothing to the thread other than accusing me (although, I have contributed nothing other than accusing him. XD), and is kinda sheepish following other people beforehand.

sorry karlos if i'm wrong, but that's just what I think at the moment.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:17 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 84, Thor665 wrote:Then why did you unvote me the instant anyone questioned you on it?
I also asked this.
TeedyKay
TeedyKay
Goon
TeedyKay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:18 am

Post by TeedyKay »

In post 62, SalmonellaDreams wrote:UNVOTE:
VOTE: TeedyKay

He seems jumpy and I don't like his train of thought in 33/34.
.. know what ..
.. ing about! ..
O
O
O
O
O
H
S
I don't ..
.. you're talk ..
.. And ... ... ... W
H!
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:25 am

Post by vonflare »

In post 87, Thor665 wrote:
In post 84, Thor665 wrote:Then why did you unvote me the instant anyone questioned you on it?
I also asked this.
I unvoted because it seemed like everyone was annoyed at me, and it seemed like I was doing everything wrong.

I never said I was okay with hua's accusation of you. But what am I going to do to him? you already asked what his reasoning was. Do you want me to ask him the same question?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:27 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 89, vonflare wrote:I never said I was okay with hua's accusation of you. But what am I going to do to him? you already asked what his reasoning was. Do you want me to ask him the same question?
I don't know, do you want people to understand what you're thinking? Because what you did made it hard to understand what you were thinking, which isn't very helpful. If you're going to back a case that you don't believe in - it should be for a good reason, is what I'm saying.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:29 am

Post by vonflare »

alrighty then.

so what is your reason for voting me? because you still are...
Karlos4
Karlos4
Townie
Karlos4
Townie
Townie

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:03 am

Post by Karlos4 »

In post 79, vonflare wrote:
In post 76, Karlos4 wrote:I think Salmonella is trying to deflect votes and straying them away from his mafia friend vonflare. I believe he and vonflare are the mafia guys because of their VERY suspicious behaviour and all of the reasons that you guys stated above.
and another thing...

You said something about that fish guy and me being scumbuddies.

Obviously this is false, but why did you vote ME, instead of the other guy you accused...?

just wondering on your logic. did you flip a coin or something, or was there a reason? because if I thought two were scummy, I would vote the more experienced one (fish guy) instead.

It could be possible that fish guy and karlos are scumbuddies, so when karlos lynches me and I flip town, it gives fish guy town cred and the mafia a free mislynch.

thoughts?
I chose you over Salmonella, becuase I knew I could enforce that votr better because other people already voted for you.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:09 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 91, vonflare wrote:so what is your reason for voting me? because you still are...
I voted you because you had a vote on you and to cause pressure.
Right at the moment I'm toying with the idea of calling my vote on you serious but I want to give Huadslkjda some rope first to see if he makes a noose of it. If I like his answer I'll call my vote on you serious. if I don't like his answer I'm going to move to him and bully some people into voting him.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:30 am

Post by vonflare »

ummmm, so, what....

You sneakily avoided answering my question.

I asked why you voted me.
you said to cause pressure.
then you said your vote on me was serious. (or you were considering making it serious)
either way, you contradicted yourself, because a vote for pressure isn't serious.

THAT'S SCUMMY.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:34 am

Post by vonflare »

furthermore, this implies that you are planning on making something up as a reason to vote me.

Was your comment to scare me? or did it have a sinister motive behind it?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:11 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 94, vonflare wrote:You sneakily avoided answering my question.

I asked why you voted me.
you said to cause pressure.
You say I avoided answering your question.
You repeat the question.
Then you describe my answer.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:15 am

Post by vonflare »

No, I described how you failed to answer.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:31 am

Post by Thor665 »

You asked for my reason. You were told my reason. Whether or not you dislike my reason or find it a worthwhile reason has nothing to do with me failing to answer the question. You certainly appear to understand there was an answer and that you didn't like the answer, which though is silly is all up to you. But to suggest there was no answer while *also* not liking the answer is...not sane.
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:32 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

bump
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”