Mafia Theory
Mafia Theory
Townie
Mafia Theory
Townie
Townie

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:13 pm

Post by Mafia Theory »

In post 724, Kazekirimaru wrote:Eh. Nope. You're probably scum.
I gave up trying to convince you a while ago because you are either scum or tunneled on me but I came into this game wanting to scumhunt with Tammy and I'll continuing trying to find scum whether you like it or not. And we'll peg the shit out of scum and win the game.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:14 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 650, Kagami wrote:If it's through the fake-claim, the fake-claim would have to be a shifter, so either Eren or Ymir. Eren would be the obvious choice for a fake-claim since he's not evil in the anime, and it corresponds with muffin's belief.
Uh, semi-serious question:

How do you know Ymir and Reiner are shifters but not Bertolt?
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:15 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 664, Kagami wrote:That could be, but it's quite a coincidence that both annie and reiner have it; there are only 4 shifters in the series.
5*

That we know of.

It's heavily implied that there are more.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:17 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 675, Tammy wrote:Bro - what do you think of mastin's entrance?
It's meh. Not as bad as his Anything Goes entrance, but not great either. Does nothing to convince me that he's not scum.
Mafia Theory
Mafia Theory
Townie
Mafia Theory
Townie
Townie

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:17 pm

Post by Mafia Theory »

In post 728, BROseidon wrote:
It's meh. Not as bad as his Anything Goes entrance, but not great either. Does nothing to convince me that he's not scum.
Why are you convinced that we are scum again?
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:18 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 681, Tammy wrote:I swear to iomedae that if bro and pie start their argument again though, I will start smiting.
Then either lynch pie or give me a person more likely to be scum than Pie.

You should probably do the same with Kagami, but she hasn't pissed me off yet.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:18 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 729, Mafia Theory wrote:
In post 728, BROseidon wrote:
Why are you convinced that we are scum again?
Because I wouldn't expect F-16 to be so dense as town, and then try to use obfuscation to get under my skin.
Kazekirimaru
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:20 pm

Post by Kazekirimaru »

For those of you playing along at home, I'd like to explain why I believe the Mastin/F-16 hydra to be probscum. It's mainly based around one simple, but very relevant tell:
In post 395, mastin2 wrote:Yes. I am that. damn. good. :P
Scum-Mastin is quite arrogant.(Above quote from Les Mis for example :P) If I recall correctly it's a means of swaying town into believing he believes what he says, but regardless, it's being exhibited here. Especially when asked why F-16 asked for help. "hai guys I'm here to save this slot and probably be awesome as tits and get nightkilled tonight for awesomeness" is some pretty bold stuff. I'm not saying Mastin hasn't confidence as both alignments, but one must wonder what the intentions are behind such words in this game, yes? It sounds to me like Mastin is attempting to drill into our minds something akin to "I'm an asset, and if you touch me you're an idiot." He could have just said "I'm here to help out F-16" and left it, but he didn't. It's needlessly grandiose and reads like some serious posturing. After that, most of his refutations are pretty much "I'm not scum, quit being ridiculous, I'm here to lynch scum and win this game" further hammering that "I'm an asset" idea into every post. I'm getting awful feels, here.

That said, I still believe Pasch to be scum and if I could lynch both in one day, I would. But I suppose one step at a time will suffice. Just be mindful of this one.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:22 pm

Post by BROseidon »

I'm probably just ignoring F-16 and Pie for the rest of the game, ftr.
Mafia Theory
Mafia Theory
Townie
Mafia Theory
Townie
Townie

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:37 pm

Post by Mafia Theory »

In post 731, BROseidon wrote:Because I wouldn't expect F-16 to be so dense as town, and then try to use obfuscation to get under my skin.
I have obfuscated nothing. You haven't even provided any reasoning for why I am scum. If you are town, stop doing this and actually try to engage my arguments. That way, even if I get lynched, I'd at least come up with scumreads that go further than "this person is annoying" and actually might be able to leave a trail that others can pick up to win the game. As of this moment, I am left wondering "stupid or scum?" And that is not good. For instance, you use words like "dense" and "obfuscation." They seems like pointless buzzwords that don't tell me anything about you or your affiliation other than that you are an asshole. Can you please talk in a non-assholish way and at least give me the best shot at finding scum before you lynch me?
Mafia Theory
Mafia Theory
Townie
Mafia Theory
Townie
Townie

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:43 pm

Post by Mafia Theory »

On another note, Mastin had some unexpected real life things that came up so it'll just be me for a couple of days although I think he'll be back after that.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:52 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

tammy wrote:Muffin doesn't know anything
wow

i mean... i don't think all that highly of my intelligence but when you come right out and say it like that, my feelings are going to be hurt

i'm going to cry in a corner for a while
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:17 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

paschendale wrote:So, what we're discovering now about the weak modifier even moreso contradicts the assertions made by Kagami and Plum earlier. They lied and used to spin a bizarre gambit that only served to help scum. I know that arguing over flavor is annoying, and I agree with Tammy's frustration about it. But sometimes there's something sinister in it
i really wish you'd let up on this. i want to think you're town, but you're doing everything in your power to be like, "nah, fuck you muffin, i don't even wanna look town!"
mastin wrote:Haven't had the chance. Haven't had extensive time to either check QTs or my messages. I'm going to do so tonight.
i have trouble believing f16 asked you to replace in to mentor him, and you came in ignoring all his reads, forming reads not even similar to his, controlling the vote, not consulting with him at all, etc etc as town

(this is aside from certain things that i'm not going to go into detail about atm that i think are more likely to come from you as scum than town so far - i kinda want a bigger sample size of your posts to judge, but i don't like what i see so far)

i dunno what you're hoping to achieve with the plum vote here. i don't think plum is town, but i don't really see plum getting lynched today
kaze wrote: I'd like to explain why I believe the Mastin/F-16 hydra to be probscum

<snip>

That said, I still believe Pasch to be scum
mmhmm

given how weak your reasoning for pasch-scum is and how much more support there is for a mastin lynch, it's kinda odd you're still on pasch
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:48 am

Post by Kagami »

In post 726, BROseidon wrote:
In post 650, Kagami wrote:If it's through the fake-claim, the fake-claim would have to be a shifter, so either Eren or Ymir. Eren would be the obvious choice for a fake-claim since he's not evil in the anime, and it corresponds with muffin's belief.

Looked up stuff only about my character, which mentioned Ymir, but didn't mention bertolt or any others. I should read the manga, but I haven't found time.
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:50 am

Post by Kagami »

kaze's reads are very sticky, it's not surprising that he would continue to think someone is scum who he thought was scum on page 1.

Micro 273 is discussable now, where he lynches himself after it takes too long to lynch his page 1-3 scumreads (one of whom is actual scum).
Kazekirimaru
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:37 am

Post by Kazekirimaru »

In post 737, zMuffinMan wrote: mmhmm

given how weak your reasoning for pasch-scum is and how much more support there is for a mastin lynch, it's kinda odd you're still on pasch
Unless this is some really odd setup, there's more than one scum in this game.
In post 739, Kagami wrote: Micro 273 is discussable now, where he lynches himself after it takes too long to lynch his page 1-3 scumreads (one of whom is actual scum).
Again, don't expect me to do that again anytime soon(or ever again, hopefully).
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:02 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 731, BROseidon wrote:Because I wouldn't expect F-16 to be so dense as town, and then try to use obfuscation to get under my skin.
wow nice scum argument again

this is the THIRD TIME he's pulled this shit. first on me, then on Kagami, now here. IME these kinds of arguments come way more from scum bc they're a convenient way to throw blame around based on smth that, when you really think about it, actually falls apart . and it's also a nice way of discrediting to boot bc he's implying the people he's up against don't have as much skill as they're supposed to. in practice these kinds of judgment calls are harder to make and only come after much more effort bc people are more inclined to question this kind of call. when someone consistently does weird things you're more inclined to believe they really might just be off for whatever reason as opposed to immediately reaching the conclusion they're either dumb or scum. however, this kind of reasoning apparently applies for ALL THREE OF HIS SCUMREADS
In post 733, BROseidon wrote:I'm probably just ignoring F-16 and Pie for the rest of the game, ftr.
can't win so you're dropping it? come on, I'm your "main focus now" so what are you going to do, ignore all your fake scumreads on the basis they're too dense so you don't have to do anything controversial that'll reveal your alignment? plz no
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:07 am

Post by pieguyn »

can someone who can read mastin tell me what was so terrible about his entrance posts?

@Kaze:
I kind of get you but I'm not sure if that's arrogance or if he's just being verbose like he usually is 0.0 iirc he never said he was explicitly going to walk in and save the slot awesome tits sause, he said F-16 thought he would. is there smth I'm missing here

inb4 BRO/F-16/Pasch scumteam and we wagoned all three fking scum earlier
pitoli
pitoli
Mafia Scum
pitoli
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:30 am

Post by pitoli »

F-16 is being replaced out of this game. Mastin can remain playing the slot solo.

Day 1 ends in (expired on 2014-01-16 00:00:00)
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:53 am

Post by Plum »

???
Kazekirimaru
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Kazekirimaru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:02 am

Post by Kazekirimaru »

Well then. Later!
Bert
Bert
Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra
Bert

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:04 am

Post by Bert »

:(
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:07 am

Post by BROseidon »

In post 741, pieguyn wrote:this is the THIRD TIME he's pulled this shit. first on me, then on Kagami, now here. IME these kinds of arguments come way more from scum bc they're a convenient way to throw blame around based on smth that, when you really think about it, actually falls apart . and it's also a nice way of discrediting to boot bc he's implying the people he's up against don't have as much skill as they're supposed to. in practice these kinds of judgment calls are harder to make and only come after much more effort bc people are more inclined to question this kind of call. when someone consistently does weird things you're more inclined to believe they really might just be off for whatever reason as opposed to immediately reaching the conclusion they're either dumb or scum. however, this kind of reasoning apparently applies for ALL THREE OF HIS SCUMREADS
You've just misrepped my Kagami scum read.

Try harder, scum.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:08 am

Post by BROseidon »

In post 738, Kagami wrote:
In post 726, BROseidon wrote:

Looked up stuff only about my character, which mentioned Ymir, but didn't mention bertolt or any others. I should read the manga, but I haven't found time.
Strange that whatever source you looked at would do that, then... Bertolt is the other of the 2 invading titans (50m/armored, forget which is which), which seems more immediately relevant to Reiner than Ymir's shifting.
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:09 am

Post by ActionDan »

no one will ever convince in 1 million years that either bert or Kagami are scum this game.

(more p-dodge)
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”