TeedyKay (L-4):
SalmonellaDreams
vonflare (L-2):
Thor665 | Ulysses96 | Karlos4
Karlos4 (L-4):
vonflare

Not Voting:
masky, TeedyKay

With 9 alive, it takes 5 votes to lynch.

The deadline is Janurary 19, 3:30 PM EST.
Countdown: (expired on 2014-01-19 15:30:00)

masky has been prodded.
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
SalmonellaDreams
SalmonellaDreams
Mafia Scum
SalmonellaDreams
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:28 pm

Post by SalmonellaDreams »

Waiting on Surye for my one question.

Maybe Thor and von should cool off for a bit.
In post 88, TeedyKay wrote:
In post 62, SalmonellaDreams wrote:UNVOTE:
VOTE: TeedyKay

He seems jumpy and I don't like his train of thought in 33/34.
.. know what ..
.. ing about! ..
O
O
O
O
O
H
S
I don't ..
.. you're talk ..
.. And ... ... ... W
H!
:|

Karlos, do you really think you've found both scum this early?

Sorry, I really want to find the motivation to keep going, but I'm too tired. I'll read through this better tomorrow.
huateasa
huateasa
Townie
huateasa
Townie
Townie

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:22 pm

Post by huateasa »

In post 60, Thor665 wrote: Can you quote me blowing the error out of proportion?
In post 57, huateasa wrote:
In post 43, vonflare wrote:
In post 42, Thor665 wrote:
In post 37, vonflare wrote:Ok, thor, I don't think you understand my logic behind that vote. I at first thought the sheep thing was a COMPLIMENT, so I voted him for complementing another player (scummy). THEN, I realized it was not a compliment, but an INSULT (not scummy), so I unvoted.
So you thought Hua complimented someone and voted them in the same post?
Oh. lol. now I feel silly.
I've already done that.

Clearly, that was an insulting question. Afterwards, all I can see are questions that place him in a position where Karlos, Teedy, and Ulysses dissect his every action - but not necessarily for scum-hunting reasons - they seem more eager to join the bandwagon with you on using your posts and "harmless" questioning to put him down further.
By asking your "harmless" questions, you've convinced a good majority of the thread that he's an inexperienced player; as a result, the votes began leaning towards vonflare as he struggled to pick himself up from his initial mistake.
After your barrage of questions beat him to recall all the errors he's done since the initial one (even though they were mostly illogical due to the pressure of everyone questioning his experience and lack of judgment), Vonflare's posts had little meaning to the others because everyone had witnessed him snowball his errors into a disorientated view on the entire game.

Vonflare's error doesn't require an interrogation of everything he's done, but because of your use of authority over his actions, he's been subjected to it by the other players.
In post 63, vonflare wrote:Okay, so everyone is commenting on my newbie behaviour. I don't blame you, I am new.

Thor, in answer to your question, I did read advice articles on the wiki.

Ulysses96, I random voted you because I was, well, random voting. That's it.

I'm not really sure how to pick out scum, but the best way to learn is through experience. So lets just follow the lead of the post above me and VOTE: teedy
In post 78, vonflare wrote:alright, I see that somehow I have managed to annoy everyone.

UNVOTE:

To be honest, I have no idea who's scum and who's town. I am just voting whoever seems stand-out-ish.

to me, everyone seems town. That's the truth. so what do I do?
In post 89, vonflare wrote:
In post 87, Thor665 wrote:
In post 84, Thor665 wrote:Then why did you unvote me the instant anyone questioned you on it?
Also, if you think i am right, why are you okay with Huadsaopjd's lying about what I'm doing and why aren't you asking him about that?
I also asked this.
I unvoted because it seemed like everyone was annoyed at me, and it seemed like I was doing everything wrong.

I never said I was okay with hua's accusation of you. But what am I going to do to him? you already asked what his reasoning was. Do you want me to ask him the same question?
After your constant pressure on him, Vonflare's been a lot less confident about every post he makes. Ulysses deciding to point out every single error he makes isn't helping this situation at all.
The less confident his posts have been, the more the others have picked on him. By your authoritative pressure, you've singled him out and turned several against him. That's not exactly fair, is it?

Scum wouldn't hesitate to turn him into an easy bandwagon.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:30 pm

Post by Surye »

In post 88, TeedyKay wrote:
In post 62, SalmonellaDreams wrote:UNVOTE:
VOTE: TeedyKay

He seems jumpy and I don't like his train of thought in 33/34.
.. know what ..
.. ing about! ..
O
O
O
O
O
H
S
I don't ..
.. you're talk ..
.. And ... ... ... W
H!
UNVOTE:
Salmon, only RVS, no suspicion on Thor, he's not wrong about von, and the noob card can only go so far.

VOTE: TeedyKay I want some explanation of what you are doing.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:33 pm

Post by Surye »

Also FOS on Von, not ready to put him at L-1
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:43 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 102, huateasa wrote:
In post 60, Thor665 wrote: Can you quote me blowing the error out of proportion?
In post 37, vonflare wrote:Ok, thor, I don't think you understand my logic behind that vote. I at first thought the sheep thing was a COMPLIMENT, so I voted him for complementing another player (scummy). THEN, I realized it was not a compliment, but an INSULT (not scummy), so I unvoted.
I've already done that.

Clearly, that was an insulting question.
So...clearly it was insulting...

Okay, let's even presume it is insulting (and I don't think it is, and I think it's a stretch to say it is)...how is that me "blowing things out of proportion?"
Please be as specific as you can, because I don't think you've even come close to showing that I did what you said I did.

Unvote: VonFlare
Vote: Huateasa
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:45 pm

Post by Thor665 »

@Salmonella - let's be honest, the Teedy vote isn't going anywhere right now, want to join me on the sexy Huasdsald wagon and see what happens?

If the answer is 'no' then I want your opinion about post #102 and my response to it, because I think that looks pretty telling.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:46 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Oh, and in case anyone doesn't grok.

^^^
Srs vote.
huateasa
huateasa
Townie
huateasa
Townie
Townie

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:50 pm

Post by huateasa »

In post 105, Thor665 wrote:Please be as specific as you can, because I don't think you've even come close to showing that I did what you said I did.
After blatantly ignoring my post, I can't respond to you.
SalmonellaDreams
SalmonellaDreams
Mafia Scum
SalmonellaDreams
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:02 am

I was considering listening to Thor, and 108 did it for me.

VOTE: hua
TeedyKay
TeedyKay
Goon
TeedyKay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:11 am

Post by TeedyKay »

In post 103, Surye wrote:VOTE: TeedyKay I want some explanation of what you are doing.
I'm playing this game called 'mafia'. It's a quirky web based game where a bunch of people sign up to play, a few of them are told they are naughty, a few are told they not only good, but are good with special powers and abilities that can help the good guys along the way. The naughty folks have to be found, or not, for the game to finish and a merry band of winners be rewarded with a sense of pride.

People post some stuff, that gets read by the others. Opinions are formed from the stuff, exceptionally loosely based opinion on the content as we have no actual way of determining the way with which it was said due to only 7% of words being true communication. From here people vote to lynch someone (Please note, they won't actually be lynched, just 'in-game' ... killing chaps and chapesses in the real world for playing this game would be quite the silliest thing heard of)

People have differing styles and means of playing this game.

These styles are usually another aspect of them getting lynched ... this game for instance and what I've had to sit through can make me determine loosely based opinions on the majority.

vonflare - What some may categorise as a 'newbie' to the whole hoo-hah that is mafia, by his own admission to boot by Jove. Flitting his votes here and there due to a small lack of knowhow as he learns the ropes. Loads of posts after posts after posts and stuff, but he’s learning. This of course has been jumped upon, because it’s easy Day One fodder. He is blatantly Town mind, and it’s interesting to see the ‘bullying’ that is afoot with relation to his posting. Shame, it’s that aggression that usually puts a newer player off from playing again. The seriousness of the majority, sucking the fun out of it for someone newer to the game.

Thor665 (if that is his real name) – Somewhat an aggressive player, stamping his authority on the game, we will answer his questions or suffer his wrath whilst he ignores the questions posed to him. However style to one side, actively ‘hunting’ so the way the game works we should look at him somewhat favourably. IF Town, his forcefulness may work against him as everyone gets sick of being harassed, has Day Three lynch written all over him. Took his angst out on vonflare (who he has managed to establish is out and out new to the game) a little too much for my own personal liking, but hey ho, he’s moved on now, I await my turn so I can laugh it off and annoy him … hee hee haw haw.

Hua (as requested) – Common sense poster, no over the top posts, sensible and concise whilst ‘hunting’. I like.

SalmonellaDreams – Has the best avatar in the game, voted me which is an outrage, but I’ve covered it, hasn’t removed the vote though so I sit here still enraged and aghast at the whole ordeal of him putting my name in ‘V’ tags. The ‘cool off for a bit’ line sits with me well, people encouraging kind and loving gameplay, is good, why rush things at such an early stage?

Karlos4 – Hasn’t really said much of note, has posted, but it’s meh and meaningless. He has solved the game already, which is out and out impossible from what has been posted. And is already forcefully looking at active wagons, has done since his first RVS vote, meaning it was in no way shape or form RVS.

Ulysses96 – A more passive and reserved questioning of vonflare, not a great deal of substance there as of yet, but ever so slightly hunty, I remain reserved. Did put a vote on me which makes him prime suspect number #A though, I may have to climb the top turnbuckle and elbow drop him later for the cheek of it all, does he not know who I am? Pah and spiffle.

Masky – Null and void

Surye (you) – Added little to the game but a few fleeting questions that have been relatively hidden by Thor’s noise.

TeedyKay (me) – Possibly the finest player the game has, definitely the prettiest whilst still holding on to a solid foundation of being ruggedly handsome at the same time.

So Santa time, who is naughty and who is nice?

~Nice~
Me … Obviously.
Vonflare
Hua
SalmonellaDreams

~Yet to be added to his list as he still ponders whilst sharpening his pencil~
Masky’s replacement
Ulysses96
Thor665 (if that is his real name)

~Naughty~
Surye
Karlos4

The above are obviously the opinions of Santa Claus, but he has twisted my arm somewhat, it’s early, it’ll all change, someone will drop a clanger, someone will rise like a phoenix from the ashes, someone will stop posting and get replaced and the replacement will go tonto, but as of … … NOW … that’s what I think

Based on the above, and on the advice I have sought from Mr. Claus himself, at this juncture I am willing to go with the following

FOS: Surye

And because of the word enforce in http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 7#p5591117 which seems odd

VOTE: Karlos4

So to summarise, that’s what I’m doing, I sincerely hope it satisfies your desires and dreams for asking me, mwwwwah xx
TeedyKay
TeedyKay
Goon
TeedyKay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:12 am

Post by TeedyKay »

EBWOP

That's better SD, my vile and anger for you has now simmered.
Ulysses96
Ulysses96
Townie
Ulysses96
Townie
Townie

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:49 am

Post by Ulysses96 »

In post 102, huateasa wrote:
I've already done that.

Clearly, that was an insulting question. Afterwards, all I can see are questions that place him in a position where Karlos, Teedy, and Ulysses dissect his every action - but not necessarily for scum-hunting reasons - they seem more eager to join the bandwagon with you on using your posts and "harmless" questioning to put him down further.
By asking your "harmless" questions, you've convinced a good majority of the thread that he's an inexperienced player; as a result, the votes began leaning towards vonflare as he struggled to pick himself up from his initial mistake.
After your barrage of questions beat him to recall all the errors he's done since the initial one (even though they were mostly illogical due to the pressure of everyone questioning his experience and lack of judgment), Vonflare's posts had little meaning to the others because everyone had witnessed him snowball his errors into a disorientated view on the entire game.

Vonflare's error doesn't require an interrogation of everything he's done, but because of your use of authority over his actions, he's been subjected to it by the other players.
In post 63, vonflare wrote:Okay, so everyone is commenting on my newbie behaviour. I don't blame you, I am new.

Thor, in answer to your question, I did read advice articles on the wiki.

Ulysses96, I random voted you because I was, well, random voting. That's it.

I'm not really sure how to pick out scum, but the best way to learn is through experience. So lets just follow the lead of the post above me and VOTE: teedy
In post 78, vonflare wrote:alright, I see that somehow I have managed to annoy everyone.

UNVOTE:

To be honest, I have no idea who's scum and who's town. I am just voting whoever seems stand-out-ish.

to me, everyone seems town. That's the truth. so what do I do?
In post 89, vonflare wrote:
In post 87, Thor665 wrote:
In post 84, Thor665 wrote:Then why did you unvote me the instant anyone questioned you on it?
Also, if you think i am right, why are you okay with Huadsaopjd's lying about what I'm doing and why aren't you asking him about that?
I also asked this.
I unvoted because it seemed like everyone was annoyed at me, and it seemed like I was doing everything wrong.

I never said I was okay with hua's accusation of you. But what am I going to do to him? you already asked what his reasoning was. Do you want me to ask him the same question?
After your constant pressure on him, Vonflare's been a lot less confident about every post he makes. Ulysses deciding to point out every single error he makes isn't helping this situation at all.
The less confident his posts have been, the more the others have picked on him. By your authoritative pressure, you've singled him out and turned several against him. That's not exactly fair, is it?

Scum wouldn't hesitate to turn him into an easy bandwagon.
I see something that i believe looks scummy, it is my job as a scumhunter to point it out.
I also already stated that it could be passed off as newb play but hadnt much else to go on.

Also @salmonella you have yet to reply to my question.
SalmonellaDreams
SalmonellaDreams
Mafia Scum
SalmonellaDreams
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:38 am

Oh, sorry. He kept jumping on and off of vonflare for silly reasons.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:09 am

Post by vonflare »

I agree with teedykay. karlos is acting pretty sus-pish-er-ous.

he has posted exactly 8 times to do exactly nothing other than vote.

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... ct[]=23356

so there you go.
THIS POST IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:11 am

Post by vonflare »

um, the link didn't work properly.

here:

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... er_sort=Go
THIS POST IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
Karlos4
Karlos4
Townie
Karlos4
Townie
Townie

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:42 am

Post by Karlos4 »

After all thor did always do the talking for me, so I didnt have to explain too much... Put that aside, I am currently very busy and I dont have too much time to invest in the game till next week, thats why I am playing very reserved just going along, besides me being a newbie. I am still convinced that vonflare and Sardella are naughty people. Kay and ullysses seem fine to me atm and imo Thor is just trying his best to Show us other guys how to play the game, he is definitley a good guy and I hope he deosnt get killed next round by the mafia. :S
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:48 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 108, huateasa wrote:
In post 105, Thor665 wrote:Please be as specific as you can, because I don't think you've even come close to showing that I did what you said I did.
After blatantly ignoring my post, I can't respond to you.
I did the opposite of ignoring it.
I specifically responded to it.

You, however, *are* dodging my response. Which I think is scummy because you appear to know that I'm right but aren't admitting that or backing off after being shown to be wrong. Which is a scum mindset more often than town in my experience. I am quite happy with my vote.

@Teedy - what is you specific take on the interplay between Huaasaljd and myself. I know you have us both as null, but I'm curious how you placed that interplay as null at this stage. Also, since you dinged me for not answering questions - could you tell me which questions I didn't answer and then I'll answer them. To the best of my awareness I've answered every single question directed at me, so my evasion is hardly intentional. Which one(s) did I skip?

@Vonflare - what is suspicious about posting 8 times and doing nothing but voting? He's here, he's posting, he's expressing an opinion, what's suspicious about that?

@Karlos - Salmonella is vastly more obv. town than you, so I'm not sure why you're batting at him. Also, what do you like about Ulysses? All I have is a vague pile of null there and I'd love to be able to shift him to the townish side of things, what am I missing?
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:12 am

Post by vonflare »

You reasoning is sound, except for the @vonflare part, I think.

Not contributing to scumhunting is VERY scummy. The scum already have all the answers, and karlos isn't doing a very good job hiding his disintrest in scumhunting.

If I were to say 2 scum names, I would say Karlos and Hua.

(hua becasue of the holes in his statements pointed out via thor)

I like my vote where is is, because I'm more sure about karlos, but if hua gets to L-1 I might jump on.
Karlos4
Karlos4
Townie
Karlos4
Townie
Townie

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:20 am

Post by Karlos4 »

In post 117, Thor665 wrote:[quote="In post 108

@Karlos - Salmonella is vastly more obv. town than you, so I'm not sure why you're batting at him. Also, what do you like about Ulysses? All I have is a vague pile of null there and I'd love to be able to shift him to the townish side of things, what am I missing?
He tried reasoning with everyone, not attacking anyone, being friendly to everyone, trying to be seen as the good guy, who sees everything calmly and just putting himself into too much good light. That is so suspicious behaviour.
Karlos4
Karlos4
Townie
Karlos4
Townie
Townie

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:28 am

Post by Karlos4 »

In post 118, vonflare wrote:You reasoning is sound, except for the @vonflare part, I think.

Not contributing to scumhunting is VERY scummy. The scum already have all the answers, and karlos isn't doing a very good job hiding his disintrest in scumhunting.

If I were to say 2 scum names, I would say Karlos and Hua.

(hua becasue of the holes in his statements pointed out via thor)

I like my vote where is is, because I'm more sure about karlos, but if hua gets to L-1 I might jump on.
But I AM hunting scum. Thor and other people are just mostly faster posting holes in others line of argumentation and it doesn´t seem very contributive to just basically repeat everything another guy said, so I rather keep quiet and vote on someone...
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:34 am

Post by vonflare »

so karlos, let me get this straight:

There are two people who have been spoken for as prob town by multiple people (me & salmon)
you then vote for them, and your reason is that we are defending ourselves from votes.
:neutral:

you then go on to say that you voted for us because other people are posting things that expose us as scum.
:facepalm:
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:36 am

Post by vonflare »

and btw, karlos, plz get an avatar. I look for new posts by seeing if there are any avatars that aren't mine under my last post, so I frequently miss your posts if someone posted under you.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:43 am

Post by Surye »

@Teedy, Wow, one little vote triggers a novella of sarcasm, unhelpful walls of text, and a FOS. And your issue with me is I'm asking questions. Welcome to early D1.
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:46 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

bump
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”