Micro 267 - Indie Game: The UPick - Game Over!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Trine
Trine
Goon
Trine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1050 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:01 am

Post by Trine »

In post 1048, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:Go look at my posts again. I made 1 post in each game. I think I posted in one of them twice.

So yeah. Fuck off and hang, scum.
Such pretty language. Such genuine sentiment. It looks so much better in capslock.

We're not scum. And you're probably the next lynch unless Town takes my advice about TV.
Hydra of Amadeus, Zoya, and Pontius.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:05 am

Post by EspeciallyTheLies »

I don even really care trine. This game is fucked up and I dont get it. So if you somehow DO flip town, yeah, I'm next, and then game over and I don't care.
Art is cool.
Trine
Trine
Goon
Trine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:08 am

Post by Trine »

In post 1051, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:I don even really care trine. This game is fucked up and I dont get it. So if you somehow DO flip town, yeah, I'm next, and then game over and I don't care.
That's a pathetic attitude for a town player to have, and I will probably avoid future games with you if you actually do flip town.

If you're town, then try to solve the goddamn game and lynch scum.
Trine
Trine
Goon
Trine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:09 am

Post by Trine »

Because the ONLY thing that will move my vote off you is some sense at all that you're town and not just scum buying a mislynch and putting off your own lynch by a day.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:20 am

I think you are scum because your explanation for why you chose to commute despite BRO saying he was going to target you with his WEAK neighborizer or whatever it was, doesnt make any sense to me. It is fucking fishy as hell and in a game with a weak whatever, a scum commuter makes complete sense. I think you are lying about being a JOAT. You didnt say anything about this until I DID. And on top of that, if you WERE town with a doc ability, why the fuck would you not protect who? It would essentially clear you as well but you supposedly "chose not to". Not to mention the fact that no matter what YOU THINK, if you are town, you fucking protect the conftown. Then there is your push on me, which has thus far been a bunch of misreps and attempts to tie me to TV. But this I dont care as much because I know you will flip scum and it will be as obvious to others what you are doing as it is to me.
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:22 am

If you were town, then BRO visiting you would not make a difference and you'd be able to protect who. And this is why I think you are only a commuter because IT MAKES NO SENSE. It makes far more sense to confirm both yourself and bro AND PROTECT WHO coming into D2 with 3 fucking conftowns but no. You didnt. Because you arent town and you arent a joat and you couldnt afford to let bro die targeting you.
Art is cool.
Trine
Trine
Goon
Trine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:29 am

Post by Trine »

We thought BRO was by far the better protection if we were to use it on Night 1 rather than later.

He's skilled at the game, and that is far more of an asset than his PR ability.

We chose to play a shell game with scum - drop Doc tells, spread scum-targeted wifom about which of BRO or Who we would target, and try to draw the kill.

With him most likely targeting us, we certainly could have taken the easy "confirm" by protecting him. Based on the Mod's explanation of how our protect would work if he targeted scum, if we were scum, we would have protected him, and ridden his living through the night as hard as we could.

We took the road that Orcinus paved in NY 165 - spreading out the protect targets as far as we could. Based on the night's kill, it looks like that tactic absolutely worked to town's advantage.
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:08 am

Post by XScorpion »

In post 1056, Trine wrote:if we were scum, we would have protected him
Since when do Scum get protective powers in games that don't have multiple factions?
Trine
Trine
Goon
Trine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:54 am

Post by Trine »

In post 1057, XScorpion wrote:
In post 1056, Trine wrote:if we were scum, we would have protected him
Since when do Scum get protective powers in games that don't have multiple factions?
I don't entirely rule out multifaction. Admittedly, I have SK fixations.

And remember that 3 players have claimed to be able to protect. I would guess that one of the scum aren't lying about it, though I strongly doubt it's a bodyguard if ETL is a scum joat.

Also mods fucking with both scum and townd expectations is a thing. I recently played a mini that had both a godfather and a miller - and no cop. And I was a strongman scum in a game with no town protector. I don't assume that every scum role has a town antagonist.

You shouldn't either. Give the revealed nature of this game, you are thinking way too simplistically about the possibilities.
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:11 am

Post by My Milked Eek »

Where's the post with all the claim information? I seem to have lost it. I want to look over a few things.
Eek
!
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:14 am

Post by XScorpion »

You made this game more complicated than it needed to be by commuting instead of protecting. Sure, it would be the easy 'confirm'. But it's also more than likely true that you would be town in that situation, compared to now where you look suspicious as hell for commuting when you knew the weak visitor was coming.
Actually, forget all of that. Protecting Bro is a ridiculous idea when you could have simply not tried to direct the scum-kill and instead protected Who (the most likely scum target).
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:18 am

Post by Cabd »

No scum worth their shit kills a confirmed town that has decided to not play the game over players they know to be town that will actually peg them.
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
Trine
Trine
Goon
Trine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:19 am

Post by Trine »

In post 1061, Cabd wrote:No scum worth their shit kills a confirmed town that has decided to not play the game over players they know to be town that will actually peg them.
We bring this post into the Trine fold.
Trine
Trine
Goon
Trine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:20 am

Post by Trine »

In post 1060, XScorpion wrote:You made this game more complicated than it needed to be by commuting instead of protecting. Sure, it would be the easy 'confirm'. But it's also more than likely true that you would be town in that situation, compared to now where you look suspicious as hell for commuting when you knew the weak visitor was coming.
Actually, forget all of that. Protecting Bro is a ridiculous idea when you could have simply not tried to direct the scum-kill and instead protected Who (the most likely scum target).
He was far from the most likely scum target.
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:21 am

Post by XScorpion »

Who was?
Trine
Trine
Goon
Trine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:24 am

Post by Trine »

Precisely. Who.
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:27 am

Post by XScorpion »

:roll: You know what I was asking
Trine
Trine
Goon
Trine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:33 am

Post by Trine »

And I believe I have answered it if I'm not confused by your question. The player Who was not the most likely to be NKed on night 1 despite his town-confirmed status. He's uninvolved, playing a shallow game, making poor lynch choices, and generally comporting himself in a way that will discourage me from signing up in future games he plays.
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:34 am

Post by XScorpion »

In post 1064, XScorpion wrote:
Who was
?
In post 1063, Trine wrote:
In post 1060, XScorpion wrote:You made this game more complicated than it needed to be by commuting instead of protecting. Sure, it would be the easy 'confirm'. But it's also more than likely true that you would be town in that situation, compared to now where you look suspicious as hell for commuting when you knew the weak visitor was coming.
He was far from
the most likely scum target
Read bold text only
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:34 am

Post by BROseidon »

In post 1021, XScorpion wrote:
In post 1020, BROseidon wrote:Eek you should put your vote somewhere useful. Like Trine or ETL.

Who/Scorp, leaving it to you to decide who to lynch. I've made my opinion clear. If it's a scum flip, I'm using my ability on TV if ETL is lynched and Eek if Trine is lynched. Townflip means I don't do anything.
If townflip and you die tonight, who do we lynch tomorrow?
ETL if Trine today, Trine if ETL today.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:35 am

Post by BROseidon »

In post 1023, Trine wrote:If it's a Trine flip, it's a town flip. And these will be confirmed town reads. BRO knows enough about this hydra to know that these reads can be taken to the bank. BRO, I would appreciate it if you back this up. When we flip, our reads go platinum.

Lynch TV and ETL. Order is not that important, but I personally would lynch TV first.
This except I would do ETL first.
Trine
Trine
Goon
Trine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:37 am

Post by Trine »

In post 1068, XScorpion wrote:
In post 1064, XScorpion wrote:
Who was
?
In post 1063, Trine wrote:
Actually, forget all of that. Protecting Bro is a ridiculous idea when you could have simply not tried to direct the scum-kill
and instead protected Who (the most likely scum target)
He was far from
the most likely scum target
Read bold text only
Read your text, which I have emboldened and colored for your reading convenience. You called him the most likely scum target. I disagreed.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:38 am

Post by BROseidon »

In post 1031, Trine wrote:Also tiiiiniy paranoia from us on BRO, but mostly because he should know better than this; basic mafia theory says you don't force a 1v1 on a non lylo day when the day is primed for an easier mislynch (which if we're scum one of the two on the chopping block earlier have to have been by definition)
I'm not following what you're saying here. Not that it matters; I've solved the game from my perspective, and my solution works for anyone who wants to commit to a town read on me.

I'm bored now. Who/Scorp, you guys don't have much time to pick a side.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:39 am

Post by BROseidon »

In post 1043, Trine wrote:This may be LYLO. The only way I can see LYLO as a possibility is if scum have an extra kill in the bank. BRO should be well versed in how devastating an advantage that can be, given the Touhou Imperishable Mini game. Given how powerful town is/was on paper, scum have to have something commensurate.
I hadn't thought of this, but this would make a lot of sense.

Also, there's the fact that I don't get to use my ability after 2 mislynches :/
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1074 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:40 am

Post by XScorpion »

Oh my christ
you think Who was not most likely to be scumkilled night 1. Which player was most likely to be scumkilled night 1?

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”