NY 169: The EPIC XD Mafia Game of Greatness (Game Over)

Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #5275 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:36 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Do you see him reconsidering? So why aren't you nervous about him?

I know your comments are sincere, but I already think you are very very wrong this game in general, so I take your opinion with a lot of grains of salt.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5276 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:40 pm

Post by Generic »

In post 5269, DOMO wrote:
In post 2700, Generic wrote:
In post 2684, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:Generic, which of the players in this game have you played with before besides Mara? Do you have any strong reads on any of them?
Played with bert (town read), nacho (scum read), natirasha (scum lean), tammy (town read), GIF (slight scum lean), F16 (town lean), mafiaSSK (scum lean), Pieguyn (scum lean), Sakura hana (town lean), desperado (town lean, but unsettled by his lack of involvement).

I think I've also played in a game with BROseidon but he is null in this one to me.
Generic, why don't you sell it yourself? What has changed since this stage of the game to make desp scum and casso not?

fwiw I like this post, these reads look legit and solid.
That was half the game ago, and desperado has worked his way onto my scum concerns (pretty sure I've mentioned him a few times regarding this) and regardless of what the rest of you want to say I felt there was something in his slip. I wanted to apply pressure accordingly and what he has done is not really try. That's either defeatist or trying not to give away any information now he's sunk.

Casso is still on the table, but he has argued competently and seems to have a few others town reading him so that does need to be considered when making the call.

Why do I need to sell myself another wagon when I'm happy with both but feel casso at least looks to be trying but desp doesn't.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5277 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:45 pm

Post by Generic »

In post 5273, Cephrir wrote:I can't imagine why that would worry you?

People are going to argue with others' townreads.

For instance, there is a Casso wagon, and I'm pretty sure *everyone* on his wagon can't be scum.
In post 5274, DOMO wrote:
In post 5273, Cephrir wrote:I can't imagine why that would worry you?
It worries me because generic has given reason to at least have those scumreading him to reconsider, but you seem unwilling. Looks to me like you're keeping your mislynch options open. I must've said three times during your little discussion with generic that it's town-town, but you showed no sign of relenting. I could understand you being cautious if I were looking dodgy, but I'm as conftown here as I was in xenoblade. I might be wrong, of course, but you should at least consider my comments sincere.
Cephrir has been keen to try and link me and desp and claim I was trying to derail that wagon using him as the scapegoat.
This is the wagon he wouldn't join himself on that very same logic to provide me with the only vote of my wagon with only a few days to go, only to then leap off it when he thinks I'm not about and place it on desperado because he sees that as the way things are going.

I tell you now cephrir, if desp flips scum you are my top suspect. Tactically makes sense you would want to discredit me, try and put focus on me to slow the desp wagon and then bus him now you see it not going away.

You deflected your own tactics onto me. And very clumsily.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5278 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:57 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 5277, Generic wrote: Cephrir has been keen to try and link me and desp and claim I was trying to derail that wagon using him as the scapegoat.
It's almost like I think that's true or something
In post 5277, Generic wrote:This is the wagon he wouldn't join himself on that very same logic to provide me with the only vote of my wagon with only a few days to go, only to then leap off it when he thinks I'm not about and place it on desperado because he sees that as the way things are going.
I won't argue with any of this, now tell me why it's scummy. (except for "that very same logic"; I don't know what that refers to)
In post 5277, Generic wrote:I tell you now cephrir, if desp flips scum you are my top suspect.
A) I will be your top "suspect" anyway. It's very obvious you're interested in either having me to point to as a relatively unique scumread for the rest of the game or mislynching me.
B) I find it amusing, however, that you're now trying to link me to Desp on the assertion I was trying to link you to Desp.
C) I take votes from scum as compliments.
In post 5277, Generic wrote:Tactically makes sense you would want to discredit me, try and put focus on me to slow the desp wagon and then bus him now you see it not going away.
Lol, I knew you weren't getting lynched today. My mother could have figured that out.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5279 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:00 pm

Post by Cephrir »

P.S. I'm actually becoming town as shit right now, I know it sucks to watch that train roll away from you, but sometimes you gotta roll with the punches. Find another mislynch to push, I'm starting to think you may not get this one after all.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5280 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:01 pm

Post by Generic »

You knew I wasn't getting lynched yet you voted for me, made out I was trying to shift focus from the wagon I stayed on and then the dry next day, not even that, you move your vote onto the same wagon as me with the excuse of the deadline. So less that a day before the deadline is ages away but suddenly you are compromise lynching?

You are a riot cephrir, next you will be telling me being a moron is a town tell for you.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5281 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:02 pm

Post by Generic »

In post 5279, Cephrir wrote:P.S. I'm actually becoming town as shit right now, I know it sucks to watch that train roll away from you, but sometimes you gotta roll with the punches. Find another mislynch to push, I'm starting to think you may not get this one after all.
Oh I love a self meta player, do tell me more about what everyone is thinking.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5282 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:09 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 5280, Generic wrote:You knew I wasn't getting lynched yet you voted for me, made out I was trying to shift focus from the wagon I stayed on and then the dry next day, not even that, you move your vote onto the same wagon as me with the excuse of the deadline. So less that a day before the deadline is ages away but suddenly you are compromise lynching?

You are a riot cephrir, next you will be telling me being a moron is a town tell for you.
Yes. I am a viable wagon. You are not.

I'm allowed to vote on principle, but I want my vote on Desp now because the competing wagons are close. I don't actually think he'll flip scum.

Being a moron is a Cephrir tell, but you're still scum.
In post 5281, Generic wrote:
In post 5279, Cephrir wrote:P.S. I'm actually becoming town as shit right now, I know it sucks to watch that train roll away from you, but sometimes you gotta roll with the punches. Find another mislynch to push, I'm starting to think you may not get this one after all.
Meta? Who said anything about meta?
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5283 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:11 pm

Post by Cephrir »

A) I don't self-meta, I just play games with Cabd/ffery/Nacho so they'll do it for me.
B) If I were to self-meta this argument, and I know I'm doing it right now by saying it and therefore look stupid re: point A, I would note there is precedent for a couple different elements of this tunnel on both sides of my alignment scale.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5284 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:26 pm

Post by Generic »

In post 5282, Cephrir wrote:
In post 5280, Generic wrote:You knew I wasn't getting lynched yet you voted for me, made out I was trying to shift focus from the wagon I stayed on and then the dry next day, not even that, you move your vote onto the same wagon as me with the excuse of the deadline. So less that a day before the deadline is ages away but suddenly you are compromise lynching?

Yes. I am a viable wagon. You are not.

I'm allowed to vote on principle, but I want my vote on Desp now because the competing wagons are close. I don't actually think he'll flip scum.

Being a moron is a Cephrir tell, but you're still scum.
In post 5281, Generic wrote:
Meta? Who said anything about meta?
If you don't think he will flip scum why did you spend the majority of our arguement claiming I was trying to shift focus from him onto you, and that I was bussing a teammate?

So you call me scum who is trying to shift focus from a player you think is town and is considered by many to be an asset when town into an easily lynchable player in yourself who has no votes on him? I like a challenge do I?

And as scum I'm apparently 'bussing' a town player?

Yeah, wonderful logic. If you are gonna try and billshit at least remember the shit you peddled previously.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5285 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:36 pm

Post by pieguyn »

@geists:
is that ^ smug enough for you
In post 5284, Generic wrote:If you don't think he will flip scum why did you spend the majority of our arguement claiming I was trying to shift focus from him onto you, and that I was bussing a teammate?
also this
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5286 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:37 pm

Post by pieguyn »

*this as in I agree with that point
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5287 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:25 pm

Post by Cephrir »

What you're doing looks like a bus to me.

Independently, Desp does not look like scum.

When he flips, I guess we'll see.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5288 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:59 pm

Post by Generic »

So you are voting for a guy you think is town. At the same time one of your arguments (the main one in fact) is your belief I have been attempting to divert people from a wagon on said town player onto a guy who is self confessed very lynchable, suggesting your play is looking scummy. And all that is apparently me 'bussing' desperado.

Your such an asset cephrir. Minus the 'et'.
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5289 (ISO) » Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:00 am

Post by DOMO »

In post 5275, Cephrir wrote:Do you see him reconsidering? So why aren't you nervous about him?
Have you given him reason too? I'm more confident he's town than you. And yes he reconsidered me when he got pissy and took a day off.
In post 5279, Cephrir wrote:P.S. I'm actually becoming town as shit right now
News to me.
In post 5280, Generic wrote:You are a riot cephrir, next you will be telling me being a moron is a town tell for you.
First smile of the day.

Yeah this looks more like town-scum now, and I'm towning generic pretty hard.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5290 (ISO) » Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:40 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

sakura wrote:[What do you make of SC's flip and the people that were voting them?
What do you make of Tammy's flip and her interactions in general?
these questions entirely miss the point of what i was saying and seem utterly meaningless regardless. i'm not a fan of delving into NK WIFOM and i haven't looked at how the SC wagon formed in any depth yet (and analysing the end wagon seems fruitless)
casso wrote:I have a tendency to get loud when I'm trying to figure things out, and I doubt you'd be any different
then you know nothing about how i play, and should really stop talking like you do. i prefer taking a back seat when i'm trying to figure things out, unless there's something i feel i need to inject into the thread
casso wrote:if you have scumreads on Desperado and I, why not vote Desperado? It's not like you've made a particularly poignant effort to sort me out
i may end up doing this, but i like where my vote is now and your posts aren't doing anything to change my mind. i have made an effort to sort you out (just because i'm not bombarding you with questions anymore, doesn't mean i'm not trying to do this). i still think you're scum. you're right that i don't have much conviction here. *shrug*
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #5291 (ISO) » Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:49 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 5266, Bert wrote:awwwwwwwwwww

Vote: Casso

I wanna see a happy GM

or I'll be disappoint

bummed outta my mind
I'm starting to think that Bert is scum
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5292 (ISO) » Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:52 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

cwphrir-generic stuff is really shit to read through

can we just lynch casso today?
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5293 (ISO) » Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:35 am

Post by DOMO »

In post 5292, zMuffinMan wrote:cwphrir-generic stuff is really shit to read through
I disagree, I find it amusing, even more so when I'm not slinging shit.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #5294 (ISO) » Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:23 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 5292, zMuffinMan wrote:can we just lynch casso today?
Casso's town, if you wanna lynch town today lynch me instead.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5295 (ISO) » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:58 am

Post by Empire »

Day 2, Votecount 38
Desperado (7)
-
MC Maraca, Casso the King of Seals, Sakura Hana, Generic, Cephrir, Ser Arthur Dayne, pieguyn

Casso the King of Seals (6)
-
goodmorning, BROseidon, zMuffinMan, Desperado, DOMO, Bert

Bert (2)
-
KoreanBBQ, MafiaSSK

Cephrir (2)
-
F-16_Fighting_Falcon, Norlkaz

Not Voting (1)
-
geists

With 18 alive, it takes 10 to lynch! Deadline is on January 11th at 10:10 AM EST (expired on 2014-01-11 11:10:12)

Mod Notes
-
KoreanBBQ is V/LA until Friday. BROseidon is V/LA until Saturday.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #5296 (ISO) » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:45 am

Post by goodmorning »

In post 5267, Generic wrote:My vote will move if bert (or GM now) can sell me casso as scum over desperado.

Bert ignored this request to my knowledge. But desperado appears to be on shutdown. Last game I accused him of being scum I think we argued for two pages. Here? He seems to have given up.
Mmk, I'll do a small comparison when I have time.

Curious, you asked Bert but not Muffin. Why?
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5297 (ISO) » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:58 am

Post by geists »

In post 5264, Desperado wrote:
In post 5252, geists wrote: The reason I asked was because if you're not seeing anything obviously town in my game
it's quite possibly because you never have.
But, I really thought that it was you townreading me on your own in the Space game. Not you reading Empire. And Not Mollie reading me. So, I can't really get wholeheartedly behind the premise.
probably so
So how did the Street Hassle townread come about?
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5298 (ISO) » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:04 am

Post by Generic »

In post 5296, goodmorning wrote:
In post 5267, Generic wrote:My vote will move if bert (or GM now) can sell me casso as scum over desperado.

Bert ignored this request to my knowledge. But desperado appears to be on shutdown. Last game I accused him of being scum I think we argued for two pages. Here? He seems to have given up.
Mmk, I'll do a small comparison when I have time.

Curious, you asked Bert but not Muffin. Why?
I was talking to bert at the time, and I don't understand muffin.
I've also had experience with bert so it was a look at him at the same time to gauge his input.
DOMO
DOMO
Mafia Scum
DOMO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5299 (ISO) » Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:13 am

Post by DOMO »

I am looking forward to this day ending. If I'm not killed, I'll readjust based on flips and report. If I am killed, then pretty much ignore everything I said if casso flips town, but take another look if he flips scum.

We have under 24 hours and we should decide where we're going.

Hey ffery, have some paranoia....

2. geists (fferyllt + Natirasha) --- gunsmith cleared - I've been wildly paranoid about ffery this game for some reason but I do think it's just that - paranoia. Consider lynching only if it's lylo and scum doc is the only one left to find.
3. Casso the King of Seals (Nachomamma8 + Thor665) --- I think scum, and pretty much the way I'm reading this game revolves around casso being scum. If he does happen to flip town, then these reads are more or less worthless.
4. MC Maraca (Cabd + Ms Marangal) --- Probably mason, there's been no cc. If he isn't a mason, then the person who everyone knows is his partner but shall not say it out loud is very probably scum too, thus it's unlikely.
5. F-16_Fighting_Falcon --- I didn't like his rolefishing, that's pretty much why I'm not liking F16 as much as I would like to be. Feels mostly town but that pinged hard.
6. Generic --- town as fuck or scum who should stop wasting his time playing internet games and become an actor.
7. Bert roflcopter --- I think bert is just a not-quite-so-full-on-and-makes-a-lot-more-sense-varsoon. Very town through d1, had a wobble today but has looked better since, I guess he's null because I wouldn't be all that surprised at either flip.
8. MafiaSSK --- I can't see SSK flipping town. That said, we don't lynch him today and if I make it through the night we reassess.
10. pieguyn --- I'd probably say I'm leaning scum with pie. I'm having a hard time reading him and maybe that's because he's got his guards up. Doesn't feel like a natural townie in the same sense as ffery and nacho (and yes I think nacho can fake natural town).
11. BROseidon --- We should all know how good BRO is as scum. Every game I see him play he seems to be scum, and he always seems to win. Null because while I think he's town, I can't say I trust that read even remotely.
12. Norlkaz --- idk, null I guess. I'm sure I got good feeling from nork at some point, but I don't know him so idk how good he is. If everyone else seems to be emerging as town and it seems there's one in the shadows, then this is probably your man.
13. KoreanBBQ (GuyInFreezer + Nero Cain) --- self vote looked good, if it wasn't for that I'd be leaning scum so I guess that solitary town tell can make these pair null.
14. goodmorning --- *cough* town, no reason
15. Sakura Hana --- gotta be town based on f16's dive. That assessment was honest and solid as hell regardless of f16's alignment.
16. Ser Arthur Dayne --- yeah I guess I have a scum lean with SAD, he's a tough one to read though
17. zMuffinMan --- I think town, though a scum flip wouldn't shock me all that much.
18. DOMO -- MVP
19. Cephrir --- I've gotta say I think this is scum ceph. I really don't like his hard towning of me, and while he's had flashes of town, I think his motivations seem somewhat scummy. His refusal to even reconsider generic is alarming, because generic comes across as legit to me.
20. Desperado --- I guess I'm null, much like bert. The oz comparisons are unreliable. All I learned about desp that game was that I was right, he wasn't what I considered town. Neither were most the player list, so I was likely to be right about most of my "scumreads" as I tried to figure out what the fuck was going on. idk, sometimes I just talk shit as a reaction test without even knowing what reaction I'm looking for. In fact I do that all the time.

So in order of confidence I'm thinking casso, ceph, pie + SAD, and prob one more.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”