*Shewrf -
*Zekrom25 -
*Kublai Khan - Bert, T S O [2]
*Bert - Aisa, Dean Harper [2]
*Dean Harper - Kublai Khan [1]
*T S O - Quill, Drake Crusader [2]

Not Voting:
Shewrf [1]

CountdownsDay 1 ends in (expired on 2014-01-17 15:00:00)
[/color]
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Bert
Bert
Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra
Bert

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:20 pm

Post by Bert »

In post 77, T S O wrote:Bert should get votes if he doesn't step up. Full stop.
You lined up a sacrificial reason to vote me in the future, I believe, without voting me while stating what you stated. That is grounds for voting you.

Vote: TSO
Dean Harper
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:22 pm

Post by Dean Harper »

In post 98, Bert wrote:You're reaching. Also, your vote on me is for reasons that are only fueled by speculation. Why are you playing mind games regarding this?
I disagree. You have not asked people questions/investigated your own suspicions, you defended someone who isn't active in the game (and whom has been given multiple chances to post something worthwhile), and don't seem interested in moving the game along. You say speculation, but those are truths from my perspective. Hence my vote. Mind games have nothing to do with it, I'm simply trying to understand your motives. And the motives associated with your type of play so far seem very scummy to me. My vote is (again) for pressure, and it seems you aren't handling it too well.

It should be noted, that I like your reasoning for voting T S O.
"If you say live together, die alone to me Jack, I'm gonna punch you in your face."

-- Rose Nadler, 'Through the Looking Glass' (Lost)
Drake Crusader
Drake Crusader
Goon
Drake Crusader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:48 am

Post by Drake Crusader »

In post 79, Quill wrote:With it only being page 4, I'm a little hesitant to trust my guesses for scum right now, since they're not backed by much evidence – the last thing I want to do is say "Player X is definitely scum" now and then have that come back to haunt me later in the game even though it wasn't a stance I was honestly that dedicated to.

If, gun to my head, I had to name two players who seem scumesque at the moment, I'd go with Drake Crusader (didn't like his predecessor's lack of posting, don't like the tenor of his initial posts here, which focus on stating information rather than actual investigation) and TSO (who has been active, but not done much but tell us to be more active).

The irony that one of these people published a post suggesting that I'm on a scumteam with the other while I was writing this is not lost on me.

Drake Crusader, why do you see my interactions with TSO as buddying, but don't see, for example, TSO's continual promotion of Aisa's "towntells" the same? Or do you?
I really only see the one post between them over an alt. I can't really call that buddying over just one post. To me your beginning posts with TSO seemed scummier than the post between Aisa and TSO.
"We all of us need to be toppled off the throne of self, my dear," he said. "Perched up there the tears of others are never upon our own cheek.”
― Elizabeth Goudge
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her, they/them

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:18 am

Post by Aisa »

In post 86, T S O wrote: Show me where I said that.
Click
Now answer my questions.
In post 89, shewrf wrote:I like pizza :O
What a prod dodge :igmeou:
Are you going to play the game?

@Bert:
Your first game seems different to me. You actually posted regularly until you went V/LA. Shewrf has posted three times, basically avoiding to play the game and interacting with anyone. There is a difference.
And you didn't answer my earlier question.
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:07 am

Post by Aisa »

Oh, wait, dammit.
In post 77, T S O wrote:Bert should get votes if he doesn't step up. Full stop.

My activity has been decent. I cannot, by myself, pull this game along. It needs activity from all. If everyone here posted twice a day, we'd really be able to get moving.
You didn't claim to pull the game in this post, you just said that your activity has been decent. That kinda forces me to reconsider my position.
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:08 am

Post by Bert »

You looking at my first game signals effort, but it is all for naught as that game was many months ago. Things change.
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:17 am

Post by Aisa »

@T S O:
I'm still somewhat suspicious of you, but not as much as before. And you still need to answer my questions.
@Drake:
Why did you say in #78 that T S O claims to pull the game?

@Bert:
I didn't try to meta you.
Let me rephrase my post:
In post 104, Aisa wrote:
@Bert:
You claim that shewrf's play is very similar to your first game, but between your first game and his play there are differences. You actually posted regularly until you went V/LA. In this case Shewrf has posted three times, basically avoiding to play the game and interacting with anyone.
And you
still
didn't answer my earlier question.
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:18 am

Post by Bert »

You asked me a question? What was it
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:22 am

Post by Aisa »

In post 71, Aisa wrote:
In post 65, Bert wrote:
In post 61, Aisa wrote:
@Bert:
I don't like #36. Was a joke all you had to say after almost 2 days from your last post?
What do you think of the game so far?
Yessir. Only a joke.

I think the game is progressing at an adequate pace, and I have nothing more to add at this time. :D
The nonchalance of your post makes me think slightly town.
...But on the other hand,
I asked you a question because I wanted to make you contribute more in this thread. Given your experience you probably knew that. Yet you didn't do anything. So my question this time is, "why?" Elaborate as much as you can. "There was nothing to comment on" is not an acceptable answer. Explain why previous events didn't seem worthy of note, if this is the case.

VOTE: Bert
The above post was dedicated almost entirely to you :]
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:23 am

Post by Bert »

Thank you! That's a valid question. My contributions have been rather subpar, even for my low standards, I must say. I shall work on that.
Dean Harper
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:26 am

Post by Dean Harper »

In post 107, Aisa wrote:
@T S O:
I'm still somewhat suspicious of you, but not as much as before. And you still need to answer my questions.
Why are you less suspicious of him now?
"If you say live together, die alone to me Jack, I'm gonna punch you in your face."

Dean Harper
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:39 am

Post by Dean Harper »

EBWOP:
@Aisa: I just read back over what occurred between Drake and T S O. I kept confusing TSO's summary of Drake's post with what ACTUALLY happened (T S O stated that he cannot carry the game himself, Drake took that as him saying he WAS carrying the game, and T S O summarized that). SO I get your lessened suspicion.

However, I still want to know why T S O was voting KK over Bert if that was where his suspicions lay. Could it be that he did not want to vote his partner? Pure speculation but T S O could have been bussing Bert a little bit to set up for later in the game. However, with Bert's vote on T S O, I can't say that for certain and it even makes it less likely. But it's something I want to keep in mind.

Also, @Bert: I think your vote for T S O did not count because you didn't unvote KK first.

Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:40 am

Post by Bert »

unvote

You are paying too close attention to vote counts, Dean. I'm paranoid about you.

Vote: Dean Harper
Dean Harper
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:41 am

Post by Dean Harper »

What's wrong with paying close attention to vote counts?

Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:43 am

Post by Bert »

It shows how preoccupied you are with how wagons are forming, and at this stage of the game, paying such close attention is neither necessary nor realistically town-oriented.
Dean Harper
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:47 am

Post by Dean Harper »

I don't see anything wrong with taking note of as many aspects of the game as possible.

Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:02 am

Post by Aisa »

(I think the generally accepted standard for votes is that they count even without an unvote, unless the rules state otherwise.)
Paying attention to vote counts ≠ Preoccupation with wagons forming
Quill
Quill
Goon
Quill
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:32 pm

Post by Quill »

@TSO: I actually do think Aisa's towntells feel genuine – my point with mentioning your mentioning them was that it seemed odd that Drake Crusader would call our minor interaction scummy when there are other interactions just as minor with just as much probability to be scumtells. That feels more to me like he was looking for anything to hold onto to make his case.

Now I'm annoyed because Bert is right to be pointing out TSO's inconsistency in calling for votes without voting himself, but also not acting very pro-town himself. Bert, why is Dean's apparently overattention to the vote count more of a scumtell to you than TSO's advocacy for voting you, especially since TSO has not been present to respond either way?
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:29 am

Post by Bert »

In post 118, Quill wrote:Now I'm annoyed because Bert is right to be pointing out TSO's inconsistency in calling for votes without voting himself, but also not acting very pro-town himself. Bert, why is Dean's apparently overattention to the vote count more of a scumtell to you than TSO's advocacy for voting you, especially since TSO has not been present to respond either way?
TSO is a lurker and thus is immune from having overattention or lurkiness be attributed to as a scumtell.

Dean on the other hand is overly obsessed with vote count analysis and thus deserves a utility lynch. :giggle:
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:27 am

Post by Aisa »

@Everyone except Bert, Dean:
What do you think of shewrf?
@Bert:
We want less promises and humor, more content.
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:30 am

Post by Bert »

I feel like I have given a remarkably incessant array of content.

I have made on promises or weak attempts at humor.
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:31 am

Post by Bert »

EBWOP: made no*

Also, what is the purpose of those two questions you are asking? They seem to be point-blank filler.
Dean Harper
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:53 am

Post by Dean Harper »

In post 119, Bert wrote:
In post 118, Quill wrote:Now I'm annoyed because Bert is right to be pointing out TSO's inconsistency in calling for votes without voting himself, but also not acting very pro-town himself. Bert, why is Dean's apparently overattention to the vote count more of a scumtell to you than TSO's advocacy for voting you, especially since TSO has not been present to respond either way?
TSO is a lurker and thus is immune from having overattention or lurkiness be attributed to as a scumtell.

Dean on the other hand is overly obsessed with vote count analysis and thus deserves a utility lynch. :giggle:
Personally, I don't think T S O's lurkiness is what is his scumtell. The fact that he stated he suspected you and was not changing his vote is the main thing for me. The luckiness adds to that. Now, he's not my main suspect for scum at this point. That honor still lies with you Bert. You say that you've given a good array of content, but I don't think that's true. We don't know where your head is at on everyone. You haven't been asking questions. You're mostly just responding to people's questions of YOU. And then you jumped to mark me as scum for paying attention to votes.

Again, attention to vote counts and where the votes lie is a good thing in my opinion. And I probably am not going to convince you of that, but I think attention to details is an excellent town asset. If you want to vote me for such a reason, then fine. My vote stays where it is.

Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:06 am

Post by Aisa »

I think we need to get the shewrf situation solved, hence the first question. The probability of him having a sudden change of heart and deciding to actually contribute to the game is slim at best. I hoped he was gone for good, but he then appeared and made a random post :/
Maybe a more accurate question would be
Do you think we should do something about shewrf?

That second line is less a question and more a request.
In post 110, Bert wrote:Thank you! That's a valid question. My contributions have been rather subpar, even for my low standards, I must say. I shall work on that.
So what do you call that final sentence? I call it promise.
I'll find you more examples if that's what you want.

Yesterday you said your contributions have been subpar, I don't understand your sudden change of opinion.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”