Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:21 pm

Post by ChannelDelibird »

In post 899, BBmolla wrote:Oh believe me, you killing him was the first thought that came to my mind rofl
That's understandable - as I'm pretty sure I've made clear, I'd want him dead as either alignment. It's also worth noting, though, that RC dropped vig hints of various strengths. After two consecutive scum lynches, a vig is priority number one to be dead for the scum, and the fact that RC was baying maniacally for my blood is just a helpful bonus.

I would have thought that my entrance into this game would make me a pretty silly option as the third mafia, though.
#greenshirtthursdays
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:25 pm

Post by don_johnson »

Bbmolla
ChannelDeliBird
My Milked Eek
TunnelVision

^^ probably town?

HayatoBL
Flameaxe
frog

^^ probably scum?

that's about where I'm at. as far as set up speculation, maybe mafia was two vanilla. what kind of power would they need to offset a doc/2-shot cop town? and who puts a 2-shot cop in a game? what are the odds of multi-ball? meh.

Occam's razor says we have a one shot vig. maybe a bp or investigative proof gf. I'd be ok with a hayato lynch and then a massclaim for survivors if the game doesn't end.

or cdb is sk? I don't fuckin know. my lynch pool is my three probscums atm.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:26 pm

Post by don_johnson »

Bbmolla
ChannelDeliBird
My Milked Eek
TunnelVision

^^ probably town?

HayatoBL
Flameaxe
frog

^^ probably scum?

that's about where I'm at. as far as set up speculation, maybe mafia was two vanilla. what kind of power would they need to offset a doc/2-shot cop town? and who puts a 2-shot cop in a game? what are the odds of multi-ball? meh.

Occam's razor says we have a one shot vig. maybe a bp or investigative proof gf. I'd be ok with a hayato lynch and then a massclaim for survivors if the game doesn't end.

or cdb is sk? I don't fuckin know. my lynch pool is my three probscums atm.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:27 pm

What makes you think Tunnel is town, don?
#greenshirtthursdays
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:29 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

bah

btw i'm going to cheat and reveal alignments

RC is town

gg permaban
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:29 pm

Post by don_johnson »

more poe than anything. hm. looking back, though I see he missed the first scum lynch. I thought he was on both. I guess its more gut than poe. frog just rubs me the wrong way. I can maybe do some iso's here.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:33 pm

You should. We've got time and breathing room. Let's be exhaustive. I want a clean sweep!
#greenshirtthursdays
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:38 pm

Post by don_johnson »

no problem. I have to do dinner and such, then try and get to this tonight.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:40 pm

Post by don_johnson »

flameaxe was laced with ad hom, kept arguing that he was scumhunting, fought against a deadline extension, didn't seem to engage either scum and missed both wagons. possible third party, would have to see how flipped scum interacted with him. maybe just town and a jerk. would like his input at this time.

frog I can't even wrap my head around. I am almost willing to call him town based on post volume.

that leaves hayato who is most likely scum imo. I'm pretty sure he fought both scum wagons. probably our best place to start.

vote: hayato

let's see where this goes.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:42 pm

Post by don_johnson »

flameaxe was laced with ad hom, kept arguing that he was scumhunting, fought against a deadline extension, didn't seem to engage either scum and missed both wagons. possible third party, would have to see how flipped scum interacted with him. maybe just town and a jerk. would like his input at this time.

frog I can't even wrap my head around. I am almost willing to call him town based on post volume.

that leaves hayato who is most likely scum imo. I'm pretty sure he fought both scum wagons. probably our best place to start.

town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:43 pm

Post by don_johnson »

mod: please forgive me my trespasses and erase my double posts
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:58 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

flameaxe was laced with ad hom (1), kept arguing that he was scumhunting (2), fought against a deadline extension (3), didn't seem to engage either scum (4) and missed both wagons (5). possible third party, would have to see how flipped scum interacted with him. maybe just town and a jerk. would like his input at this time.
(1) When did this site drop so low that this is an auto-scum tell without any reasoning? As I've asked plenty of people: What is the scum motivation of any of it? How does me calling a dipshit a dipshit make me scum? (This isn't rhetorical, although I can see why I would be taken that way).

Reading an iso is nice:
In post 221, don_johnson wrote:actually, now that I think about it, the attack on flameaxe probably strengthens my conviction a little. its pretty easy to attack a guy who is acting like a jerk. but imo, ad hom =/= scummy. it really depends on the context. I think remembrance spoke on that earlier. however, when you're building a case against someone(especially on day 1 with such a large pool of players) pushing against someone who is acting like an asshole is a good strategy as it is easier to convince others to lynch them. so yeah.
What has changed?

(2) Same question. Considering the context, why does this matter in your read?

(3) I've explained my thought process on this, and haven't read any reason why it is scummy. The last week of day one only proves my point. Days help the town, but there are diminishing returns. We went well into that realm on day 1. Look at the lynch on day 1, it essentially came down to "this person isn't posting as much as usual". The longer day didn't help us get there.

(4) The only one in your list I find valid. I didn't interact with either, don't really have a reason why.

(5) I don't consider this a valid point considering I posted one time during day 2, prior to the claim. You know, the 48 hour day? I also don't think it was all that hidden that I wanted a different lynch day one.

Overarching comments: Points 1-3 were valid before day 2, but only come up now. Sorry, its a little convenient on the timing. Only one other post mentioning me before this page:
In post 698, don_johnson wrote:did I miss something? SoS looks like scum here. why are we suddenly against hammering? and how did the topic of innocent child even come up? all I see is SoS claiming to have crumbed miller at som epoint(coming to light at L-1) and then some half assed dayvig claim which was unsuccessful? really? there is no reason not to see this lynch through. I guess there could be a .00001% chance that flameaxe is a bp townie and SoS is a dayvig. so yeah, let's risk a no lynch for such incredible odds. :/
Something smells funny about your reads post. My train of thought has basically derailed now.

Heyato's 867 really doesn't sit well with me.

(I wrote this post 4 hours ago and had to keep the window untouched because loldowntime).
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:20 pm

Post by don_johnson »

Flameaxe wrote:
flameaxe was laced with ad hom (1), kept arguing that he was scumhunting (2), fought against a deadline extension (3), didn't seem to engage either scum (4) and missed both wagons (5). possible third party, would have to see how flipped scum interacted with him. maybe just town and a jerk. would like his input at this time.
(1) When did this site drop so low that this is an auto-scum tell without any reasoning? As I've asked plenty of people: What is the scum motivation of any of it? How does me calling a dipshit a dipshit make me scum? (This isn't rhetorical, although I can see why I would be taken that way).
no one said it was an "auto-scum tell without any reasoning". ad hom distracts from worthwhile discussion and serves to bully weaker players into not being respected by others, thus rendering their arguments feeble.
flame wrote:Reading an iso is nice:
In post 221, don_johnson wrote:actually, now that I think about it, the attack on flameaxe probably strengthens my conviction a little. its pretty easy to attack a guy who is acting like a jerk. but imo, ad hom =/= scummy. it really depends on the context. I think remembrance spoke on that earlier. however, when you're building a case against someone(especially on day 1 with such a large pool of players) pushing against someone who is acting like an asshole is a good strategy as it is easier to convince others to lynch them. so yeah.
What has changed?

(2) Same question. Considering the context, why does this matter in your read?
I'm not sure I understand the question? ad hom =/= scummy. it still = ad hom which is an anti-town way to play imo. context is everything.
flame wrote:(3) I've explained my thought process on this, and haven't read any reason why it is scummy. The last week of day one only proves my point. Days help the town, but there are diminishing returns. We went well into that realm on day 1. Look at the lynch on day 1, it essentially came down to "this person isn't posting as much as usual". The longer day didn't help us get there.
associative tells are what they are. you didn't interact with either flipped scum. that's just a fact and its worth thinking about.
flame wrote:(4) The only one in your list I find valid. I didn't interact with either, don't really have a reason why.

(5) I don't consider this a valid point considering I posted one time during day 2, prior to the claim. You know, the 48 hour day? I also don't think it was all that hidden that I wanted a different lynch day one.
so say we all.
flame wrote:Overarching comments: Points 1-3 were valid before day 2, but only come up now. Sorry, its a little convenient on the timing. Only one other post mentioning me before this page:
In post 698, don_johnson wrote:did I miss something? SoS looks like scum here. why are we suddenly against hammering? and how did the topic of innocent child even come up? all I see is SoS claiming to have crumbed miller at som epoint(coming to light at L-1) and then some half assed dayvig claim which was unsuccessful? really? there is no reason not to see this lynch through. I guess there could be a .00001% chance that flameaxe is a bp townie and SoS is a dayvig. so yeah, let's risk a no lynch for such incredible odds. :/
Something smells funny about your reads post. My train of thought has basically derailed now.
its funny how you sling mud but can't think of why it should stick.
flame wrote:Heyato's 867 really doesn't sit well with me.
why?
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:56 am

Post by Flameaxe »

You're hitting Heyato levels of non-reply. I'll give you another shot before I'm not on my phone to try a little harder with that post.
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
frog
frog
Mafia Scum
frog
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:53 am

Post by frog »

In post 890, BBmolla wrote:I'm town, but scum must have some power role to counter act a Doc + 2-shot Cop
I am a bit concerned about this. We've had a doc and a cop claim, and all that's been flipping is mafia goons.

Seconding BB's request that if there is a vig who shot RC, they need to claim. It's odd that CDB accepts that BB is town but is sceptical of this request. Anyhow, I'm not seeing Flameaxe or Hayato for scum, but I've been wrong before in this game, so I'll reread and see if it changes things. At the moment I'm leaning don Johnson for last scum.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:25 am

I just don't see that a vig claim clears teaches us anything about what we have to do to win the game at this point (for one thing, there's absolutely nothing stopping two people from killing the same target). I'd rather keep any vig quiet so that the remaining scum tie themselves in knots looking for them.
#greenshirtthursdays
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:40 am

Post by My Milked Eek »

The vig doesn't need to come out. That'd be useless. So everyone needs to shut up about that.
Eek
!
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:10 pm

Post by don_johnson »

Flameaxe wrote:You're hitting Heyato levels of non-reply. I'll give you another shot before I'm not on my phone to try a little harder with that post.
no thanks. I feel my reply covered everything it could.
frog wrote:
In post 890, BBmolla wrote:I'm town, but scum must have some power role to counter act a Doc + 2-shot Cop
I am a bit concerned about this. We've had a doc and a cop claim, and all that's been flipping is mafia goons.

Seconding BB's request that if there is a vig who shot RC, they need to claim. It's odd that CDB accepts that BB is town but is sceptical of this request. Anyhow, I'm not seeing Flameaxe or Hayato for scum, but I've been wrong before in this game, so I'll reread and see if it changes things. At the moment I'm leaning don Johnson for last scum.
*chuckles*
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
hayatoBL
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:32 am

Post by hayatoBL »

I’m against outing the vig.

If we really have a vig, then we wouldn’t want him to be NKilled.

If we really have an SK, then we can hope that the third mafia (if applies) and the SK kill each other. The fact that MME is still alive might be proof that, this is happening right now.

If we have neither (case multiball), then there’s no point in outing vig. Duh.

In none of these cases, outing vig is beneficial to town.
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:56 am

Post by My Milked Eek »

Hayato, who should be in our lynch pool for today?
Eek
!
hayatoBL
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:58 am

Post by hayatoBL »

@Jon
In post 908, don_johnson wrote:flameaxe was laced with ad hom, kept arguing that he was scumhunting, fought against a deadline extension, didn't seem to engage either scum and missed both wagons. possible third party, would have to see how flipped scum interacted with him. maybe just town and a jerk. would like his input at this time.

I posted more than frog. Don’t I also get town points for post volume?

Yes. There were moments where I defended SoS and Aegor.

I really thought SoS was town. Their choice of fake-claim didn’t make any sense and still doesn’t. I’ve pretty much explained that on .

As for Aegor, I can only repeat what I’ve said in . It is reasonable to say my true intentions, when writing post , wasn’t clear and could be seen as me trying to genuinely defend Aegor. And I’m beginning to see that was not a very good plan.
hayatoBL
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:01 am

Post by hayatoBL »

In post 919, My Milked Eek wrote:Hayato, who should be in our lynch pool for today?
Right now, I can only say not you. Let me do some ISO first.
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:11 am

Post by My Milked Eek »

I'm not asking for a POE of me and my results. I'm asking for you to give your scumreads. I want a small list of players you think we should lynch today.
Eek
!
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:11 am

Post by My Milked Eek »

I mean, surely you have some townreads?
Eek
!
hayatoBL
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:23 am

Post by hayatoBL »

@CDB
In post 878, ChannelDelibird wrote:I'm genuinely not at all sure which way this flip will go but, for what it's worth, I believe MME is what he says he is.
(Suspicious of Aegor on D1) + (MME gets a guilty result on Aegor) + (believes in MME’s claim) = (genuinely not at all sure about Aegor’s flip)??

In post 887, ChannelDelibird wrote:
In post 886, My Milked Eek wrote:Although, what would the odds be of a godfather being in a game with 3 scum and a 2 shot cop? It's not as if I could out the entire scum group. Going to assume my investigation is correct.
Given the situation, seems reasonable to operate under assumption that molla is town for now.
What situation do you mean?
And when do we get to start operating under the assumption that Molla might be godfather?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”