Mini 1536 - Silph Co. Reverse Mafia (Game Over)

Paschendale
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:30 pm

Post by Paschendale »

Every time you post, Zek, it just makes me facepalm.
cxinlee
cxinlee
Goon
cxinlee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:47 pm

Post by cxinlee »

Ill get on the comp, and make my last words, etc. and self hammer.

I think my lynch will give plenty on info so I wouldn't mind it anymore I guess
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:48 pm

Post by Whiskers »

No, I agree. He was at L-1. Now he's at L-2, no pressure. L-2 is not L-1, and L-1 is not lynched. Why the fuck would you remove your vote if you're trying to pressure him into action?
Integrity, Pride, Confidence, Anger, and Truth.
cxinlee
cxinlee
Goon
cxinlee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:51 pm

Post by cxinlee »

oh derp

Im not L-1, but w/e
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:56 pm

Post by Maxous »

In post 326, cxinlee wrote:self hammer.
In post 324, Zekrom25 wrote:so Paschendale if you are town why do you extend day 1 longer than it needs to be ?
why are you.

Tiershift's vote on cx..eh, I remember having similairish attitudes when I started out. I think it sounds fairly reasonable.
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:59 pm

Post by Maxous »

unvote
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Paschendale
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:20 pm

Post by Paschendale »

In post 327, Whiskers wrote:No, I agree. He was at L-1. Now he's at L-2, no pressure. L-2 is not L-1, and L-1 is not lynched. Why the fuck would you remove your vote if you're trying to pressure him into action?
Because I didn't want someone to derp hammer, and I had a sinking suspicion that someone would.

@Cx: I meant what I said, though. You get 24 hours until my vote goes back on you.
Zekrom25
Zekrom25
Goon
Zekrom25
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:23 pm

Post by Zekrom25 »

In post 329, Maxous wrote:
In post 324, Zekrom25 wrote:so Paschendale if you are town why do you extend day 1 longer than it needs to be ?
why are you.
my vote would have been overkill
Zekrom25
Zekrom25
Goon
Zekrom25
Goon
Goon

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:26 pm

Post by Zekrom25 »

In post 330, Maxous wrote:
unvote
why did you unvote ?
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:30 am

Post by Psyche »

I'd announce that cxnlee is obvtown as of #326 if it weren't for the fact that this is his 4th game. Can he still be so dumb?

I doubt that the scum are in kenobi/zekrom. In my experience, scumnewbs don't really ever towntell but townnewbs scum and town tell erratically. Both have towntelled a few times despite their many failings, something to be expected of VIs.

In order of scumminess, it's TS Empking Whiskers cxnlee RBD. I'm definitely missing something, because a number of these reads seem rather incompatible on interactionist grounds.

cxnlee is tired

Everything whiskers posts seems uninspired, like a perfect mix between safe and opportunistic. She's doing what she's supposed to, and dramatizing it. I do believe that pasch is the sort of person who can sincerely get behind a zekrom lynch, but whiskers is harder to swallow. But even beyond that, meh.

RBD just isn't really doing much. Iirc, an ebb and flow of substance is her style, but sigh.

Missing from the dialectic on Empking is an account of how his play is scummy rather than just horribly irrational or strange. I'll try later to explain that his behavior is an instance of the common scum reaction that I'll call doubling down, while reiterating just how obvious it should be that it is in fact a scum one and discussing the actual awkwardness of his posting.

For TS, the case on him is a bit more multifacted. The main point centers around this dialogue:
TS: whiskers, you're being opportunistic about zekrom
pasch: no, she's not and i totally agree with her
TS: oh damn the newbies are being scummy, huh? but im going to keep voting whiskers.

There's some obvious tension between the fact that TS voted for whiskers because he thought zekrom wasn't a worthy lynch target, and the fact that deciding zekrom is in fact scummy doesn't change anything about his vote.

some other problems I'll get into later that also have to do with others of his assertions not really according well with his actions.

I'm rather sleepy and I'm afraid that my post is at the very least less concise but probably also not very cohesive because of that. So when I wake up I'll probably change my mind. I'm very sorry for not attending to this thread more, and you guys should have punished me more for it.

nighty night...
You can't step in the same river twice.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:34 am

Post by Psyche »

bulba...
I felt that both posts stemmed from the same reasoning. RBD's statement is the typical level of RVS BS I'd expect. Players will make statements like that all the time. That doesn't necessarily mean there's anything to them, something that Psyche and Empking should know. Each took a different tactic in regards to that statement, but they both stem from the larger issue that they commented on a non-statement and tried to fish based off of it. Emp took a more direct approach, and Psych went with the suspicious route. At least 1 of them is likely to be scum. Looking at that, why single Psyche out, yet leave Empking be?
You called my route "the suspicious route" in contradistinction to Empking's "the direct route" and yet wondered why I was being singled out?
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:04 am

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 335, Psyche wrote:bulba...
I felt that both posts stemmed from the same reasoning. RBD's statement is the typical level of RVS BS I'd expect. Players will make statements like that all the time. That doesn't necessarily mean there's anything to them, something that Psyche and Empking should know. Each took a different tactic in regards to that statement, but they both stem from the larger issue that they commented on a non-statement and tried to fish based off of it. Emp took a more direct approach, and Psych went with the suspicious route. At least 1 of them is likely to be scum. Looking at that, why single Psyche out, yet leave Empking be?
You called my route "the suspicious route" in contradistinction to Empking's "the direct route" and yet wondered why I was being singled out?
I meant that you indicated slight suspicion of RBD based on that statement, while Empking asked RBD directly about it. Indirect suspicion vs. direct questioning. I never said you were the most suspicious.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:40 am

Post by Psyche »

okay then
i really should have slept longer
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:54 am

Post by Dry-fit »

Ugh sorry I have the flu and I'm kind of lightheaded.

cxinlee is probably town.

cinlee why would you self hammer with like ten days till deadline? That just hurts wagon analysis and ends the day early. I know people are saying we don't want "too much" information today but the game is only 14 pages long.
Andy Murray: Two time Wimbledon and one time US Open Champ! Former world number 1!

C'mon Andy!
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:46 am

Post by Maxous »

In post 333, Zekrom25 wrote:why did you unvote ?
#326 appears to be a very weird bluff if he is scum considering he thought he was at L-1.
I'm not sure he could pull it off tbh which would point to him being town, need to mull on this for a bit.
I really don't like the Tiershift alternative though
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Kenobi
Kenobi
Goon
Kenobi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:48 pm

Post by Kenobi »

Cxin is seeming more and more town. Empking is still up there for me in scumminess, as are TS and Zekrom; Max is coming across as town, and Pasch and Aj are still where they were at my last read. Dry-fit's leaning town too.

Honestly, I'm not sure which of my scumreads are the most scummy; I'm thinking I might wait to see who if anyone stands out in the next little while. For now, my vote's staying on Zekrom.

Pasche, Aj, who do you think's on the scumteam?

Max, what are your reads at the moment?
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:09 pm

Post by Aj The Epic »

I wouldn't form a team yet, but I have Tier, Cxin, Emp, Ken sitting at varying degrees of scum. Pasche, Max, Zek and Whiskers are my varying degrees of town reads. I haven't figured out where I want to place Psyche, Dry Fit, Bulb and RBD yet, although I have some inklings on them. By and large, those too should be town (via the fact that you can't have eight scum...)
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:19 pm

Post by Maxous »

Pasch is obv-town, Aj the epic would be rather surprising if scum, Whiskers is very town, Tiershift is very town, Dry-Fit is towny,
I need a bit more from Kenobi to solidify a read but I think he is new town.
well i stick by these town reads. I think psyche is town-ish too so that leaves 4-5 people on PoE I guess even though i'm not so sure about the scum-reads on cx and RBD anymore.
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:20 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

Oh this is going to be fun... Pasch is probably scum here. Cxi is going to be town though, so I guess that's nice in a way.

@Psych - Cxi is town because of that post, but because he thought he was at L-1. If he is scum he is faking knowing that which I doubt he would have the presence of mind to do as scum.

unvote
vote Zek

Moving on things.
You don't earn
loyalty
in a day. You earn it day by day
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:56 pm

Post by Aj The Epic »

I'm hard pressed to agree with that, since self-hammering is a general deterrence newer town uses... "I'm town, so I'll just go on my own terms" in hope of losing votes. Self hammering also, as we know, is never helpful unless there is almost NO time left before a deadline.
Zekrom25
Zekrom25
Goon
Zekrom25
Goon
Goon

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:58 pm

Post by Zekrom25 »

In post 343, Rainbowdash wrote:
unvote
vote Zek

Moving on things.
@RainbowDash if you are not scum why are you trying to remove a possible town
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:29 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

In post 344, Aj The Epic wrote:I'm hard pressed to agree with that, since self-hammering is a general deterrence newer town uses... "I'm town, so I'll just go on my own terms" in hope of losing votes. Self hammering also, as we know, is never helpful unless there is almost NO time left before a deadline.
No its because scum wouldn't give final reads (or at least declare that intention) before the selfhammered, they would just do it outright. If he thinks that a selfhammer is the correct move regardless of alignment, it would just have happened.

Because of that Cxi is probably town unless he was able to pull a really complex gambit here and suddenly is performing at a skill level that I don't remotely see him as being able to come up with. I just don't see him with the way he has played suddenly coming up with a plan that involves him faking knowing how many votes are on him and declaring intention to self-hammer after producing reads.

Sure it could be possible for scum to blindly stumble into something like this, but I doubt it.
In post 345, Zekrom25 wrote:
In post 343, Rainbowdash wrote:
unvote
vote Zek

Moving on things.
@RainbowDash if you are not scum why are you trying to remove a possible town

POSSIBLE
town?

That's some odd wording for describing oneself
You don't earn
loyalty
in a day. You earn it day by day
Kenobi
Kenobi
Goon
Kenobi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:04 pm

Post by Kenobi »

In post 341, Aj The Epic wrote:I(via the fact that you can't have eight scum...)
That's a good point. Actually, how many scum ARE there?
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:11 pm

Post by Aj The Epic »

In 13, generally 3-6... But anything above 4 is immediately multi-ball (two scum groups). We really won't know until we finish the game.
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:12 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 347, Kenobi wrote:Actually, how many scum ARE there?
Given that it's a 13 player game, probably 3.

Unvote

Vote Zekrom25
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”