The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:56 pm

Post by The Goodfather »

@zdenek was spot on @chevre, i have avoided this game, but not due to affiliation.

I have been trying to keep up with other games but am having a difficult time juggling so many. I took too much on my plate, and unfortunately i have to let something drop. My grasp on this game is the most tenuous, plus I believe it was the last game i joined, hence my asking to be subbed out here rather than another game. I am not really an asset to the town right now, but if huntress can find a sub, they will probably be more helpful and contributive to the towns efforts(don't know if contributive is a word)

try not to completely bias your opinions on my slot just because of my poor play, its not their fault that i suck at multitasking
Aegor
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:19 pm

Post by Aegor »

Just ISOd Bulba. His argument is strong, even if incorrect. He did not misrep or lie or mislead at all.
Currently partying at the
M A S Q U E R A D E
-- a Large Normal for 21 revelers.
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:29 pm

Post by Huntress »

Vote Count 1.13

Chevre (5) - Maestro, Sotty7, Aegor, Albert B. Rampage, The Fonz
emogirl123 (3) - Bulbazak, Brian Skies, kabooooom
Garmr (2) - emeraldemon, The Goodfather
The Goodfather (2) - Slandaar, Zdenek
Slandaar (2) - Chevre, OhGodMyLife
Albert B. Rampage (1) - yessiree
Brian Skies (1) - Garmr
Acidic_TACO (1) - Nobody Special
Maestro (1) - emogirl123

Not voting (1) - Acidic_TACO

With nineteen players alive, it takes ten votes to lynch.

Deadline for Day One is Tuesday, 4th February 20.00 GMT, (in (expired on 2014-02-04 20:00:00)).

Note:

Brian Skies and Maestro have been prodded.
Looking for a replacement for The Goodfather.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them/Any

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:37 pm

Post by Maestro »

In post 623, Chevre wrote:Waiting for emogirl to wow me with an explanation for her Maestro vote.
Same, but unfortunately I just started school and 2 prods in a week for me is dumb, I can't do this :mad:
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them/Any

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:38 pm

Post by Maestro »

i have no tim to rad anyhing and it's 4 am...
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:56 am

Post by Slandaar »

People who need to post:
Brian
Kabsy
Maestro
ABR

People who are scum:
Brian
Kabsy
Maestro
ABR

I see a correlation here.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:12 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

I feel like some players are confusing the issue surrounding the leading wagons as a strategy. I don't appreciate these players muddling the discussion and I will begin pointing fingers very soon.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:13 am

(when I'm back from L/A...)
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:14 am

Post by Garmr »

Isn't that what we were supposed to do 25 pages ago ABR
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:28 am

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 630, Slandaar wrote:People who need to post:
Brian
Kabsy
Maestro
ABR

People who are scum:
Brian
Kabsy
Maestro
ABR

I see a correlation here.
Yes, I think it means to rethink your list.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
emeraldemon
emeraldemon
Goon
emeraldemon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:53 am

Post by emeraldemon »

@zdenek

I won't fake a confidence I don't have, it will just sound fake and scummy. I like what you are saying about goodfather though.
Regarding my last game, nothing like having your first game be a scum win, right? But (1) This game is way more complicated, and (2) I stupidly decided to take on 4 games simultaneously.
I'm going to push harder in here, but I just think if you are using my meta to judge you should take that into account.

@sotty7

The avatars are fine, I like the xkcd, it's just weird to skim through at first.
So early game it seemed like you had a strongish scumread on maenara, now that zdenek replaced in does that affect your read on that slot?

The wall ending at was not convincing to me at all, and I actually feel better about Chevre scum than I did before.
VOTE: Chevre

: OGML "Chevre is town not for suddenly trying hard (that really should have happened without needing a major wagon to give you motivation) but because of the swarm of people already trying to lay blame for a chevre mislynch at the feet of ABR et. al. Somebody who *knows* he's town is feeding that fire."
: Zdenek "Bulbazak and Yessiree?"

Tebow calls out Nobody Special for voting Chevre in , then doesn't like Albert's vote (). Yessire thinks the Chevre wagon is bad in general, argues with Tebow about it. There's something wierd about Tebow simultaneously pushing for Chevre lynch and being suspicious of people getting on the wagon. Bulbazak also doesn't like Albert's vote ().

I don't see anyone trying to lay blame for a Chevre mislynch, the only thing that feels a bit off is The Fonz / Tebow.
@The Fonz

Are you pushing for a Chevre lynch? Are you trying to make sure you only get the right kind of votes?

@bulbazak

What is your read on Chevre? Are you against the wagon?

There's a lot of mush in the middle of this list, but at least I have a better idea of who I'm suspicious of now.

TOWN
Sotty7
Maestro
Bulbazak
OhGodMyLife
emogirl123
Aegor
Zdenek [Maenara]
The Fonz [Tebow]
yessiree [WBOCampfire1104]
Garmr
Acidic_TACO
Slandaar
Albert B. Rampage
Nobody Special
kabooooom
The Goodfather
Brian Skies
Chevre
SCUM

@Chevre

Slandaar says your vote is just "lets lynch a lurker", do you agree? Do you have more to it than that?

I want to get invested in this game, so anyone who's online please ask me questions.
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:12 am

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 635, emeraldemon wrote:
@bulbazak

What is your read on Chevre? Are you against the wagon?
I'm leaning town on him. I'm not a big fan of the wagon, especially as of late.

yessiree
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:30 am

Post by yessiree »

@emogirl, @acidic_taco:
In post 610, yessiree wrote:Good. I'll probably be too busy playing heartstone but I'll remember to stop by and see if you two can hold true to your promises
:neutral:
In post 611, Zdenek wrote:
In post 604, OhGodMyLife wrote:the swarm of people already trying to lay blame for a chevre mislynch at the feet of ABR et. al. Somebody who *knows* he's town is feeding that fire.
Bulbazak and Yessiree? Any others?
I'm trying to lay blame on ABR for the
Chevre
lynch, WTF? Go back and re-read my exchange with ABR and, do tell me (with quotes and shit), which part of the convo did I try to lay blame on him for a
Chevre lynch
. I'm attacking ABR because of his straw man attack on
emogirl
, not because of his push on Chevre.
In post 631, Albert B. Rampage wrote:I feel like some players are confusing the issue surrounding the leading wagons as a strategy. I don't appreciate these players muddling the discussion and I will begin pointing fingers very soon.
Take as much time as you need. Your lies will still be lies.
yessiree
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:32 am

Post by yessiree »

VOTE: OhGodMyLife

explain your bullshit, you can't just fling shit around then back down
yessiree
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:39 am

Post by yessiree »

Getting scum vibes on emeraldemon for his recent horripost

The questions are useless as fuck, it's like trying to poke at a boulder with a twig

Do explain, which part of do you find not convincing?

holy shit so many scummy to lynch
emeraldemon
emeraldemon
Goon
emeraldemon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:06 am

Post by emeraldemon »

In post 639, yessiree wrote: Do explain, which part of do you find not convincing?
This part:
In post 589, Chevre wrote: Slandaar (9, 12, 24) - It's not really because of the multiball discussion, obvioiusly; I have no problem with that, it just feels outside of that he's done relatively nothing. I'm interested to see what his "investigations" are.

Vote: Slandaar
It's hard to feel like the huge recap was relevent if this is the conclusion. I get that you're townreading Chevre, which makes you scumread me for voting him, but what makes you so sure he's not just buddying you? How many of those reads (scattered through lots and lots of text) really surprised you or made you go "huh, I didn't notice that"? Because if it didn't, maybe it's just a recap, and not scumhunting.
emeraldemon
emeraldemon
Goon
emeraldemon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:08 am

Post by emeraldemon »

Let me put it a simpler way: which part of 589 WAS convincing?
yessiree
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:17 am

Post by yessiree »

Whether or not
I
find Chevre's wall convincing does not directly affect my read on him due to the following reason.
In post 623, Chevre wrote: I did the walls because I was in danger of being lynched and I wanted town to have as much of my perspective as possible. It isn't really pro-town, or at least not pleasant to do those things, but it was the only way to get my full feeling out there and I tried to make it as easy as possible with the indices.
However, I find it odd that you reinforced your scumread on him just because you find that one little part at the end off. What is your read on slandaar?
Aegor
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:17 am

Post by Aegor »

In post 635, emeraldemon wrote: Albert B. Rampage
Nobody Special
kabooooom
The Goodfather
Brian Skies
Chevre
SCUM
Do you have any specific reasons for considering these players scummy? Except for Chevre, since you already discussed that.
Currently partying at the
M A S Q U E R A D E
-- a Large Normal for 21 revelers.
emeraldemon
emeraldemon
Goon
emeraldemon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:31 am

Post by emeraldemon »

In post 642, yessiree wrote:Whether or not
I
find Chevre's wall convincing does not directly affect my read on him due to the following reason.
In post 623, Chevre wrote: I did the walls because I was in danger of being lynched and I wanted town to have as much of my perspective as possible. It isn't really pro-town, or at least not pleasant to do those things, but it was the only way to get my full feeling out there and I tried to make it as easy as possible with the indices.
However, I find it odd that you reinforced your scumread on him just because you find that one little part at the end off. What is your read on slandaar?
(1) So Chevre doesn't have to be convincing because there is a disclaimer that it's a brain dump. Fair enough, but the brain dump felt like it could have been borrowed from someone else's brain (again, maybe yours?). I get the biggest town feel when I read someone's post and think "oh shit, you're right!". When I read and think "where have I heard this before?" I don't get that town vibe.

(2) It's not "the one little part at the end". The vote is the most important part of the post. You thought my post was horribad, but you focused in on the vote, why? In some ways the vote is the only thing that matters. He posted three huge walls of catch-up (which you are not calling convincing) and then at the end I still felt like I got "oh yeah I guess I should vote someone".

I don't want to overstate my case here, I'm not convinced I've caught scum. In all honesty I considered voting Brian instead but I think there's a good chance he'll get replaced so I'm waiting on that.

I will talk about that and slandaar in the next post so I can pick up Aegor's question.
yessiree
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:41 am

Post by yessiree »

In post 644, emeraldemon wrote:
In post 642, yessiree wrote:Whether or not
I
(1) So Chevre doesn't have to be convincing because there is a disclaimer that it's a brain dump. Fair enough, but the brain dump felt like it could have been borrowed from someone else's brain (again, maybe yours?). I get the biggest town feel when I read someone's post and think "oh shit, you're right!". When I read and think "where have I heard this before?" I don't get that town vibe.
yes that's my stance on Chevre's "brain dump", but I guess your vote is fair.
(2) It's not "the one little part at the end". The vote is the most important part of the post. You thought my post was horribad, but you focused in on the vote, why? In some ways the vote is the only thing that matters. He posted three huge walls of catch-up (which you are not calling convincing) and then at the end I still felt like I got "oh yeah I guess I should vote someone".
This is interesting now. You comment on Chevre's brain dump just parroting what already have been said. Your "horribad" post was literally a narrative of what have happened.

Let's just take a quick snap.
In post 635, emeraldemon wrote: Tebow calls out Nobody Special for voting Chevre in , then doesn't like Albert's vote (). Yessire thinks the Chevre wagon is bad in general, argues with Tebow about it. There's something wierd about Tebow simultaneously pushing for Chevre lynch and being suspicious of people getting on the wagon. Bulbazak also doesn't like Albert's vote ().
I can go into details about how your question are useless if you want. But it makes you look like a hypocrite, no?
emeraldemon
emeraldemon
Goon
emeraldemon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:14 am

Post by emeraldemon »

A lot of these are in a "mildly scummy for not contributing" pile.

Brian Skies
- probably going to get replaced, but the vote on emogirl without reading rubs me the wrong way, and the catchup posts are lots of semi-pointless comments. I specifically don't like "Considering the jumps from NS, Albert, and me, you sir have earned yourself a small townread." about the emogirl wagon. Handing out townreads is kinda scummy to me, especially saying "oh you noticed my vote is bad, please take this townread as appeasement".

The Goodfather
- lurking, and voting b/c of a bad rickroll, and fluffy posts like and . No effort. Swap out after pressure is a bit suspicious.

kabooooom
- Could just be a confused newb like me, but could be trying to lurk the day out. I'm in another game with kabooom, which I can't talk about I guess.

Nobody Special
- This is closer to null, but self-described coasting and riding easy wagons, the only time he stood up was to randomly vote acidic taco. The townblock stuff is probably a joke, but I still don't really like it.

Albert B. Rampage
- another easy hop on the emogirl wagon and again on the chevre wagon. I also don't like his "too confident" reason for voting emogirl, sounds forced. nullscum.

Slandaar
- honestly similar to ABR and NS, lurking / coasting. He doesn't get on any wagons, just leaves his vote on goodfather without any poking. But with this I can't really call it scum, feels closer to null. That's really just gut, hard to distinguish scumminess and laziness at this stage.

I have to keep in mind that my own posting has been pretty lazy and wishy-washy up to now, so some of these are probably not scum, just busy and overwhelmed like I was. But if scum wants to hide in a big no-PR game, this is a good way to do it.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:40 am

@Sotty Why don't you read any large game I'm in and see if you buy it or not.

emo's wagon shouldn't be so difficult given how her posts are desperate and grasping, there's definitely some buddies pulling the strings here.

Slandaar / emogirl / emeraldon all look scummy to me.

Garmr is town. Yessir seems town in his motivation. Tebow/Fonz not sure.

Unvote, vote Slandaar
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:41 am

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 647, Albert B. Rampage wrote: emo's wagon shouldn't be so difficult given how her posts are desperate and grasping, there's definitely some buddies pulling the strings here.
If that's the case, why aren't you voting Emo?

Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:42 am

Nothing scummy about OGML, in fact, I happen to support all of his votes. yessiree you don't know what the hell you're doing, take a backseat.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”