NY 171: An Education in Telling Jokes (Game Over!)

Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:24 pm

Post by Marquis »

i think mala is town :o
link in bio
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:24 pm

Post by sthar8 »

fuck you guys are fast. I'm trying to get a response in.
tman2nd
tman2nd
Goon
tman2nd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:27 pm

Post by tman2nd »

In post 972, Elyse wrote:sthar is posting minimal content, pacifying mollie after engaging in an argument with her, and dropping forced, fake towntells like "Desp asked me to replace into this game and I raged when I got a town PM. You can check with him postgame." and "I have a townread on mollie. So happy to finally be on the same team." He keeps mentioning that he's town and he's not a new player so this is throwing up several red flags.

I know that this playerlist is useless and all of these people are worthy of a lynch by sheer stupidity/lack of content/poor play:
pisskop
Zekrom
Formerfish
Marquis
RadiantCowbells
OhGodMyLife
evilpacman
Malakittens

but that's way too many to start settling for a lynch on a shitty/nonexistant player. We need to lynch scum and I'm most confident that sthar is scum. Zekrom can kill out of {pisskop, Marquis, RC} to eliminate one. If one doesn't die then we lynch Zekrom anyway. I'm just afraid we won't get another opportunity to lynch sthar because he's very slippery and everyone in this game gets distracted easily.
Eh, I just think he isn't the lynch for today.
tman2nd
tman2nd
Goon
tman2nd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:29 pm

Post by tman2nd »

In post 976, sthar8 wrote:fuck you guys are fast. I'm trying to get a response in.
I know, I tend to take some time typing my posts, so in this recent period, I've been finding up to 7 posts before I get my post out.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:34 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

Don't shoot me and I'd also rather you don't shoot Marquis.

If you want to do a list, get someone else in the list.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:36 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

... confirm vote for shot on this ^
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:05 pm

When I flip town will everyone promise to lynch Untrod next if I end up getting shot?
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:10 pm

Post by Marquis »

well rc is town but the only read of his i'm sheeping is the ut one i think
link in bio
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:17 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 981, RadiantCowbells wrote:When I flip town will everyone promise to lynch Untrod next if I end up getting shot?
Zekrom25
Zekrom25
Goon
Zekrom25
Goon
Goon

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:29 pm

Post by Zekrom25 »

In post 960, tman2nd wrote:
IMPORTANT!

@Zekrom: IF WE GIVE YOU A LIST OF POSSIBLE TARGETS WILL YOU KILL ONE OF THOSE TARGETS?
yes if they are scum i will
tman2nd
tman2nd
Goon
tman2nd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:30 pm

Post by tman2nd »

Could the people who are scum reading UT explain?
tman2nd
tman2nd
Goon
tman2nd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:31 pm

Post by tman2nd »

In post 984, Zekrom25 wrote:
IMPORTANT!

@Zekrom: IF WE GIVE YOU A LIST OF POSSIBLE TARGETS WILL YOU KILL ONE OF THOSE TARGETS?
Will 100% do so? Even if you don't think any of them are scum?
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:33 pm

Post by sthar8 »

Watching mollie freak out over me has me pretty convinced that she's town, btw. No way she'd get this worked up over a tough mislynch.
In post 955, pirate mollie wrote:ff, have you played with star in your messiah hydra? cos I am wondering how authentic his whole, "desp asked me to replace in" cos star has been in none of mine and desp's games and I can think of 5 people easy that desp would ask before star (no offense star) if he was going to ask anybody which I kind of lean he wouldn't do so he would just go with the replacement queue
No offense taken.

My return game was Desperado mafia, and I played with him in Watch Your Step as Lying Cat (though Jingle Qb'd that game.) As far as playing in the same games as Herself, I can't talk about ongoing games. He asked me to get in on this publicly, in the scumchat lobby. I don't know why he asked me specifically, you and he can discuss that later (though the fact that I was immediately available probably factored in). I actually kind of expected you to question whether he'd be more likely to ask me in for a scumslot, since you know my druthers in that regard.

Whether desp asked me in or not isn't alignment indicative. I was just explaining why I even replaced in if I don't have any enthusiasm for the game.
In post 958, Untrod Tripod wrote:holy buddying batman, sthar's reads list looks like it was pulled from my stated reads in this game!
You know that wasn't a reads list, right? 'VI' is not an alignment. Plus I think I was questioning Marquis while you were still townreading her and I don't know if you ever said anything about tman.

In post 959, Zekrom25 wrote:
@sthar8

are the ones in bold some possible scum suspects ?
What is your native language?

I'd vote to shoot inside of {RC, EPM, Marquis, Zekrom, tman}, with a preference for lynching Marquis and tman
In post 961, Formerfish wrote:I realize that I may not play the game as others would expect me to, because they are holding their own views as gospel, but I am a more than competent player. If you doubt me look at my own games finished and those of Messiah Complex. Sometimes I trip over myself and my wording because I get frustrated that people don't see the things I do, and I feel like I get buried in games this large. I prefer smaller games but really wanted to play in my brothers. I claimed when I did because I didn't see things going any other way and why let it get to deadline and then have to go down a different avenue. I am the doctor. If you are scum reading me you should seriously reevaluate your reads.

I am trying to get my own reads, and most of what I have to go off of is gut at this point. Fuck, anyone who claims to have reads based off much more than that are either scum of delusional.
1. I'm not reading your meta. Sorry.
2. I agree wrt large games, but the appeal here is fallacious and not helping your case any.
3. Your claim is not how you got run up in the first place. Though to be fair it's really the only problem I have with you.
4. The VI thing was maybe a little harsh, but I was listing impressions. All I've seen from you is a impotent defense and pushing the thing between UT and zekrom, which is clearly unproductive.
5. My reads are based on not-gut and I am neither scum nor delusional. Not discounting the gut playstyle, but don't make claims about what you clearly don't understand.
In post 963, pirate mollie wrote:
In post 958, Untrod Tripod wrote:holy buddying batman, sthar's reads list looks like it was pulled from my stated reads in this game!
so you think ff is a town VI but don't believe his claim too????
If he's lying about his claim ofc he's either scum or RC or both. I didn't mean to imply town there.

I'll define terms: in my head VI means village idiot, as in "every village has an idiot." The connotation is that every playerlist has at least one useless player, not that said player is necessarily town. I vaguely remember a discussion on 'VI' vs 'SI' that should have made me clarify, but that's not how I read the term. Apologies.

More later. Closing the store tonight.
Zekrom25
Zekrom25
Goon
Zekrom25
Goon
Goon

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:40 pm

Post by Zekrom25 »

In post 986, tman2nd wrote:
IMPORTANT!

yes however i'll iso each one to double check each one, so i don't shoot a town by mistake
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:45 pm

VOTE: RadiantCowbells

Alright let's do this.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:00 pm

Post by DeathNote »

UT is not scum.

The only thing he has done remotely scummy is push on easy lynches but that is partially negated by the fact a majority of the playerlist is easy lynchbait...

We should lynch Marq. I think he is giving up on being town and just here to scum-troll us. Maybe it is just me... it is probably just me... but every post I read of his says "I'm scum but you won't lynch me cause lols. Here are some smileys."
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:30 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

DN... could it be....

could you really be town?
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:38 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

I am starting to think so mebbe. and you too, ut.

you know I am usually the 1 who defends lyncbait but I am losing the desire to do so anymore. I am looking at the playerlist and I am confused cos it seems so much smaller with who is actually engaged. there has got to be at least SOME scum who are active they cannot all be lurkers for ffs.

I still think star is scum tho
whew!
tman2nd
tman2nd
Goon
tman2nd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:44 pm

Post by tman2nd »

In post 988, Zekrom25 wrote:
IMPORTANT!

yes however i'll iso each one to double check each one, so i don't shoot a town by mistake
That's good to hear. :]
tman2nd
tman2nd
Goon
tman2nd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:44 pm

Post by tman2nd »

Oh, and I'd like to know why sthar thinks I'm scum.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:52 pm

Vig pool is me / UT

lynch UT tomorrow if you have to shoot me tonight
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:02 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

I'm not in the vig pool. Nor have I ever been in the vig pool.
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:44 pm

Post by sthar8 »

In post 972, Elyse wrote:sthar is posting minimal content, pacifying mollie after engaging in an argument with her, and dropping forced, fake towntells like "Desp asked me to replace into this game and I raged when I got a town PM. You can check with him postgame." and "I have a townread on mollie. So happy to finally be on the same team." He keeps mentioning that he's town and he's not a new player so this is throwing up several red flags.
:neutral: I thought I was scum because I wasn't defending myself against mollie? Where did that go?

I don't think you can call 'not posting content' a scumtell ITT, unless you think we're in LYLO. I'm still arguing with mollie, so you're going to need to go into more detail on the whole 'pacifying' thing. Your 'fake, forced' towntells are actually alignment neutral, which might be why you think they're bad towntells. And I keep mentioning that I'm town because the argument against me is effectively 'he's totes scum' to which the only reply I can make is 'no, still town.' Insisting on your alignment might be a scumtell when it's done for no reason, but that doesn't apply here.

I'm quite disappointed in your reading of my posts. It seems like you're stretching 'tells' to fit your narrative rather than the other way around. Are you afraid of me, Elyse?
In post 995, RadiantCowbells wrote:Vig pool is me / UT

lynch UT tomorrow if you have to shoot me tonight
Will you shut the fuck up and let the grownups talk?

Actually, UT, I don't think I want fish to protect Zekrom's target. I think we actually benefit from him killing a lurker, and if fish is a doc the scum have to handle him at some point anyway.
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:45 pm

Post by sthar8 »

IMPORTANT!

Zekrom. I'm putting this in its own post so you are sure to see it. I need you to reply to this in your next post. You will agree that when the town chooses your target, you will 100% commit to shooting that person. I don't give a fuck if you think they're town. That's not your call to make. You don't need to iso anybody. You do as you're fucking told, or you die today. You have proven without a doubt that you cannot be trusted with your power, and if you won't let yourself be directed you're a liability.
tman2nd
tman2nd
Goon
tman2nd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:54 pm

Post by tman2nd »

In post 998, sthar8 wrote:
IMPORTANT!

Zekrom. I'm putting this in its own post so you are sure to see it. I need you to reply to this in your next post. You will agree that when the town chooses your target, you will 100% commit to shooting that person. I don't give a fuck if you think they're town. That's not your call to make. You don't need to iso anybody. You do as you're fucking told, or you die today. You have proven without a doubt that you cannot be trusted with your power, and if you won't let yourself be directed you're a liability.
He still gets to choose amongst the pool of targets.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”