Mini 1543--Natirasha's On Parole!(Game Over)

Idiotking
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2025 (ISO) » Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:53 pm

Post by Idiotking »

In post 2021, Bert wrote:
when they are comically scummy in a way that you feel is scum. your read on Aronis might be right, for all i know. i don't think he's scum. see how ffery said that Aronis seems newbtown? several people have said that this game, so it's not just me. matter of opinion and having to discern in games between lots of comically scummy players, rather than lynch them one by one and possibly lose and let the strong scum players slip by
In general, though, would you want the comically scummy players to all survive into LYLO?
Bert
Bert
Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra
Bert

Post Post #2026 (ISO) » Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:55 pm

Post by Bert »

I didn't use the absolute 'all.' If I think they are town, I'm going to defend them. I think Aronis is town and am pretty damn sure, or else I wouldn't be strong defending him all day today after wanting him lynched suddenly at the end of d1. There is a reason for everything.

I do lynch comically scummy players if I think they are actually scum.
Idiotking
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2027 (ISO) » Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:56 pm

Post by Idiotking »

How would you know?
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #2028 (ISO) » Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:57 pm

Post by Bert »

I never said I know. I think I can read a player like Aronis pretty well and I'm pretty sure he's town, hence him being in my town list.
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2029 (ISO) » Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:03 pm

Post by The Goodfather »

In post 2020, Selkies wrote:
In post 2010, Bert wrote:why are you confident in GF as scum, ffery

what has he done, and why havent you pushed that case if you believe enough to recommend he be vigged
You guys were lynching me without orcinus around to make his case for Aronis or IK. If we are getting lynched today I hope you'll give us both time to post well formed last thoughts.
doesn't look like you're gonna die today. Why not answer berts question? I would like you to elaborate on your read on me as well selkies/ffery/orc whoever i am talking to
Selkies
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2030 (ISO) » Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:29 pm

Post by Selkies »

In post 2029, The Goodfather wrote:
In post 2020, Selkies wrote:
In post 2010, Bert wrote:why are you confident in GF as scum, ffery

what has he done, and why havent you pushed that case if you believe enough to recommend he be vigged
You guys were lynching me without orcinus around to make his case for Aronis or IK. If we are getting lynched today I hope you'll give us both time to post well formed last thoughts.
doesn't look like you're gonna die today. Why not answer berts question? I would like you to elaborate on your read on me as well selkies/ffery/orc whoever i am talking to
Should be up tonight.
Selkies
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2031 (ISO) » Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:31 pm

Post by Selkies »

In post 2030, Selkies wrote:I would like you to elaborate on your read on me as well
selkies/ffery/orc whoever i am talking to
btw this comes off as a sort of discredit.
The Goodfather
The Goodfather
Goon
The Goodfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2032 (ISO) » Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:40 pm

Post by The Goodfather »

didn't mean it in a negative way if thats what you're saying. I still have a difficult time differentiating between heads, but i am pretty sure this is ffery that has been posting since it sounds like orcinus hasn't been participative recently
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2033 (ISO) » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:28 pm

Post by Natirasha »

Vote Count 2.23

MafiaSSK(0):

Cabd(0):

Selkies(4):
MafiaSSK, Bert, Aronis, notscience
zMuffinMan(0):

notscience(0):

The Goodfather(1):
Selkies
Nachomamma8(0):

Bert(0):

Aronis(2):
Idiotking, Guyett
Idiotking(1):
Nachomamma8
Guyett(0):

No Lynch(0):

Not Voting(3):
zMuffinMan, Cabd, The Goodfather

With eleven alive, it takes six to lynch.

Deadline:
(expired on 2014-02-19 21:00:00)
Natirasha is just a vestige, it's Contessa now.
Selkies
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2034 (ISO) » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:54 pm

Post by Selkies »

here's my aronis case

so first off, in reading newbies like aronis, you don't attack their scumhunting. they don't know how--that's what makes them new.

so even though i think that their cases on basically everyone sucks, we discount them for the purposes of reading his alignment.

the bits that are telling for me are a lot of his awkward moments. i think that awkwardness is the most telling bit for new scum players. take fuzzy in last tales game--a bit off in his thought process for sure, but his posts had trajectory.
In post 1382, Aronis wrote:
In post 1371, Bert wrote:http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=37613

Aronis scum game just ended

Meta time guys

Interesting
I hate you. Now I'll get lynched, because of something totally unrelated to this game.
this does not. this is random, this is naked and unreasonable anger at something that impacts a hypothetical scum win-con.

this post, tbh, comprises much more of my scumread on aronis than it should. assuming he's scum, if I were a newbie in aronis' shoes, I'd be pretty satisfied with my scumplay. I think that this response demonstrates perfectly that he feels that being lynched would be unfair and undeserving wrt his play, which is perfectly in-line with this narrative. This fits much more in aronis-scum model than it does with aronis-town.

a lot of aronis' play this game can be described as overeager, which is a trait in newbies that can swing to both alignments. fuzzy was overeager as fuck. aronis displays the same, but there is a lot less town motivation in his overeagerness. his dayvig claim had no plan behind it--like, even early-
varsoon
had some inkling of what he wanted to accomplish.

also the whole ordeal with the dishing out of "town points" really just seems like scum getting into a rut because they don't know what to say.
Selkies
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2035 (ISO) » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:56 pm

Post by Selkies »

but yeah i'd be pretty happy if aronis flips scum because his play in this game was really decent and i look forward to playing with him again
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #2036 (ISO) » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:57 pm

Post by Bert »

i look forward to your IK case too
Aronis
Aronis
Just here for the Pagetop!
Aronis

Post Post #2037 (ISO) » Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:31 pm

Post by Aronis »

In post 1946, Selkies wrote:
In post 1942, Bert wrote:Nacho if he really believed in an Aronis lynch could sway it.

Ditto with Ffery on Goodfather.
What do you think about Aronis voting to tie up our wagon with his?

And what would you think if I did the same thing and put him ahead and at L-2?
I've always had you down as scum, since the beginning of D2. It wasn't just entirely to save myself.
In post 1962, Guyett wrote:Aronis and selkies are both likely scum
So I'm going to guess you haven't read through the whole game, so what, if any, opinion do you have of D1, specifically the end?
Is there a connection between me and Selkies, are do we both just seem scum?
Other then being newbish, Do you think my play is more scum or town and why?

To clear up anything about the QT and me no longer posting in it. I would rather discuss things in this thread and it can be rather depressing having your neighbors saying your scum, etc. You get the point.
Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #2038 (ISO) » Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:39 pm

Post by Aronis »

In post 1981, Selkies wrote:sigh.

townreads: bert, nacho, cabd, zmuffin
Since you're still alive atm. I'll bombard you with some questions like everyone else. :P
Why are nacho and zmuffin town?

I just had a crazy thought, don't lynch me for it!, What if there was a Cabd-SSK scum team. Cabd gets the town to pick a target, then if they are town, use the scumkill on them and SSK blocks the fake scumkill and claims the person he protected was the third scum. Or if the target is a Mafia, SSK blocks Cabd's kill bc he thinks they are town and the scum just random kill someone. It's crazy and unrealistic, but I've seen it happen.
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #2039 (ISO) » Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:39 pm

Post by Bert »

In post 2037, Aronis wrote:To clear up anything about the QT and me no longer posting in it. I would rather discuss things in this thread and it can be rather depressing having your neighbors saying your scum, etc.
Yeah, I can understand that, especially if you feel your neighborhood QT is compromised or if you feel they are tunneling/untrustworthy.
Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #2040 (ISO) » Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:41 pm

Post by Aronis »

In post 1989, Cabd wrote:What kind of face would you make were you to hit the dead QT and it turned out me and nacho and muffin were the scumteam?
Your turn for questioning, What's the point of all this?
Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #2041 (ISO) » Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:45 pm

Post by Aronis »

In post 2016, Bert wrote:
In post 2011, Cabd wrote:Pretty sure I'm going to turn the next mislynch into a vengeful townie, barring them giving me a really stupid name.
you'd let Aronis call your shot? what if they ask you to shoot a townread
Prob not a good idea, just sayin.

@Bert theconftown, What do you think of Selkies latest posts, when on their deathbed?
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #2042 (ISO) » Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:48 pm

Post by Bert »

scummy

Ffery still hasn't stepped up despite all kinds of doubt/pressure being cast, still think that hydra is scum
Idiotking
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2043 (ISO) » Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:48 pm

Post by Idiotking »

In post 2038, Aronis wrote: I just had a crazy thought, don't lynch me for it!, What if there was a Cabd-SSK scum team. Cabd gets the town to pick a target, then if they are town, use the scumkill on them and SSK blocks the fake scumkill and claims the person he protected was the third scum. Or if the target is a Mafia, SSK blocks Cabd's kill bc he thinks they are town and the scum just random kill someone. It's crazy and unrealistic, but I've seen it happen.
1. You're a self-professed newbie. Where did you see it happen?
2. That would take balls of granite, and would put Cabd (who nobody really seemed to profess as scumread on) in unnecessary spotlight. This alone makes it unlikely.
3. This conclusion is not supported by Cabd's earlier mention of a no-kill gambit in response to my statement that SSK could be cleared by blocking a scumkill. In other words, Cabd is not shoring up any sort of town credit for SSK based on SSK's claim, which he would want to do following your theory.
4. This sounds like an attempt to deflect attention.
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #2044 (ISO) » Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:48 pm

Post by Bert »

she basically wilted and sounded real nervous interacting with Cabd, very resigned sounding
Idiotking
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2045 (ISO) » Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:49 pm

Post by Idiotking »

In post 2044, Bert wrote:she basically wilted and sounded real nervous interacting with Cabd, very resigned sounding
And this is indicative of alignment how?
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #2046 (ISO) » Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:50 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 2043, Idiotking wrote:
In post 2038, Aronis wrote: I just had a crazy thought, don't lynch me for it!, What if there was a Cabd-SSK scum team. Cabd gets the town to pick a target, then if they are town, use the scumkill on them and SSK blocks the fake scumkill and claims the person he protected was the third scum. Or if the target is a Mafia, SSK blocks Cabd's kill bc he thinks they are town and the scum just random kill someone. It's crazy and unrealistic, but I've seen it happen.
2. That would take balls of granite, and would put Cabd (who nobody really seemed to profess as scumread on) in unnecessary spotlight. This alone makes it unlikely.
3. This conclusion is not supported by Cabd's earlier mention of a no-kill gambit in response to my statement that SSK could be cleared by blocking a scumkill. In other words, Cabd is not shoring up any sort of town credit for SSK based on SSK's claim, which he would want to do following your theory.
To be fair, crazy shit like this is the definition of my scumgame.
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
Idiotking
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2047 (ISO) » Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:52 pm

Post by Idiotking »

But I don't think you would be self-defeating. Crazy maybe, but not plain stupid.
Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #2048 (ISO) » Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:55 pm

Post by Aronis »

In post 2034, Selkies wrote:here's my aronis case

so first off, in reading newbies like aronis, you don't attack their scumhunting. they don't know how--that's what makes them new.

so even though i think that their cases on basically everyone sucks, we discount them for the purposes of reading his alignment.

the bits that are telling for me are a lot of his awkward moments. i think that awkwardness is the most telling bit for new scum players. take fuzzy in last tales game--a bit off in his thought process for sure, but his posts had trajectory.
In post 1382, Aronis wrote:
In post 1371, Bert wrote:http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=37613

Aronis scum game just ended

Meta time guys

Interesting
I hate you. Now I'll get lynched, because of something totally unrelated to this game.
this does not. this is random, this is naked and unreasonable anger at something that impacts a hypothetical scum win-con.

this post, tbh, comprises much more of my scumread on aronis than it should. assuming he's scum, if I were a newbie in aronis' shoes, I'd be pretty satisfied with my scumplay. I think that this response demonstrates perfectly that he feels that being lynched would be unfair and undeserving wrt his play, which is perfectly in-line with this narrative. This fits much more in aronis-scum model than it does with aronis-town.

a lot of aronis' play this game can be described as overeager, which is a trait in newbies that can swing to both alignments. fuzzy was overeager as fuck. aronis displays the same, but there is a lot less town motivation in his overeagerness. his dayvig claim had no plan behind it--like, even early-
varsoon
had some inkling of what he wanted to accomplish.

also the whole ordeal with the dishing out of "town points" really just seems like scum getting into a rut because they don't know what to say.
To explain. Sometimes I post random stuff, that isn't serious, like the Meta post. Dishing out town points is giving my town reads without having to post any damn reasoning, win-win for me. The dayvig was not serious. I thought you guus realized that, then I was shocked when you actually believed it.
Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #2049 (ISO) » Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:57 pm

Post by Aronis »

In post 2043, Idiotking wrote:
Another site, A guy faked cop and had me and two other guys lynched. And you're taking that post way overboard.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”